[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wishiwashi, Toxapex, or Araquanid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: watertypes.png (860KB, 2148x1028px) Image search: [Google]
watertypes.png
860KB, 2148x1028px
Wishiwashi, Toxapex, or Araquanid?
>>
>>30435293
Wishixapanid
>>
Here, I'll give you a pick in-game analysis.

Wishiwashi is broken in-game. It sweeps everything with it's stats at the time you get it, and eventually gets so far ahead level-wise, it outspeeds most shit as well.

Araquanid is decent, middle of the road as far as water-types go. It doesn't get good physical STAB until pretty late, but you can usually get by on special STAB, even with an adamant nature. Overall pretty good.

Toxapex is alright on an in-game run.
It survives everything, but it's boring as fuck to use. Battles last forever, since it can't do damage itself. It's good if you're into stall mechanics, otherwise avoid it.
>>
>>30435293
Toxapex
>>
>>30435293

>Wishiwashi

Slow as molasses and shit HP, but probably the best choice in-game.

>Toxapex

Pain in the ass to catch. Pretty good if you manage to get one, but requires poison infliction in order to deal decent damage. Super tanky.

>Araquanid

Easy to use right off the bat. Can support with screens, heal with Leech Life, trap with Infestation, and burn opponents with Scald, but doesn't truly shine until you get to the move relearner and teach it Liquidation, which is practically endgame.

Personally, I like Araquanid, but Wishiwashi is by far the most OP and easy to use.
>>
Toxapex carried most of my totem fights for me because I can just Toxic turn one and stall out the rest.
>>
>>30435416
i did something like this ear;y game, but with curse gastly
>>
Toxapex

Baneful Bunker or Toxic? Seen good arguments for both.
>>
>>30435501
Toxic is better

Baneful Bunker is crap because the most effective moves against Toxapex generally don't make contact. It's not good like the other gimmick protects like Chesnaught and Aegislash get because Aegislash's has a massive penalty for hitting it and Chesnaught's goes well with Leech Seed.
>>
>>30435293
>Forgetting about ya boy's pokemon.
>>
>>30435396
>Battles last forever
Maybe if you didn't get merciless with venoshock and scald.
>>
File: 1382500873788.jpg (267KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1382500873788.jpg
267KB, 600x600px
>>30435555

>quads of 6
>>
>>30435555
This. I made sure he was the one to finish off the final pokemon in the championship battle, even if he kept trying to run away. That little nigger needed some confidence and I'll be damned if he isn't going to get the final victory.
>>
File: 768Golisopod.png (168KB, 418x418px) Image search: [Google]
768Golisopod.png
168KB, 418x418px
>>30435293

GOLISOPOD, MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>30435663
>Golisopod's Emergency Exit!

Thank the fucking lord it can learn Ice moves
>>
GreninjAsh
>>
>>30435612
?
>>
>>30435293
I used Araquanid in my in-game team, and it was pretty good without being too OP.
>>
>>30435682

Yeah, but since G-Pod isn't specially-oriented, so they aren't good for much.

If G-Pod could learn Ice Shard, though... imagine the possibilities.
>>
>>30435748
>>30435721
kek. Special orientation or not, it lets him cover that flying weaknes.
>>
>>30435812

Rock Slide does it better.
>>
Both water bugs were the stars of my team. Of course both Olivia fights were hard, but that was part of the fun.
>>
>>30435293
Golisopod
>>
>>30435396
Wishiwashi never outspeeds anything. Yeah, a lot of Alolan Pokemon are already pretty slow, but we're talking base speed 30 with school form. You would have to be absurdly overleveled with it to outspeed even semi-consistently.
>>
>>30435293
Bruxish
why that thing has swords dance I'll never know but I got an ice fang/poison fang one with strong jaws and it smashed things. It also wasn't slow as fuck either.

Only problem is that Sucker Punch melts it if you don't have dazzling
>>
>>30435460
hello dean
>>
>>30435293

This>>30435663
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.