[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to IV's and EV's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
I recently caught a shiny Togedemaru and people have told me it has good IV's. Could someone translate these charts for me and let me know what they mean?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>
It has 4 perfect IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, and Speed. Not sure the exact number of the other IVs.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
why is this chart yellow and have an orange outline? what is the difference between the yellow and orange?
>>
>>30434182
how did you translate it?
>>
>>30434135
isn't it extremely rare to catch a shiny with pokerus?
>>
>>30434236
It was spread by a party member, looks like >>30434194 has been fighting with it. The orange layer is the EVs you have accumulated by KOing opponents, and when maxed out the label sparkles
>>
>>30434236
i didn't catch it with Pokerus. i got a Pokemon from Wonder Trade and started spreading it to my Pokemon
>>
>>30434135
Not sure on EVs, but IVs are as follows
Assuming a pokemon is at Level 100, the stats in the IV type will be increased by that IV

So a level 100 pokemon with 200 base hp with a perfect IV (31) in hp will get an effective hp of 231. 200 + 31

At level 50 (the battle level) the IV is cut in half and rounded down. So instead of having +31 it's only +15

Hope that helps!
>>
>>30434209
It says it right there.
If it has the words "best" that means you have perfect 31 IV's in that stat. Pretty good would be something like 28, or 24 if i'm correct.
>>
>>30434236
I think he infected it with Pokerus after getting it from an SOS chain.

>>30434135
>>30434209
Stats that are "best" are literally the best IVs your Pokemon has.

>>30434194
the yellow part represents base stats while the orange part represents where you are in EVs. Looks like you trained it a lot in Attack while sprinking some EVs in the other stats.
>>
>>30434261
can the yellow part in the middle grow? if not why is it small? is it its base stats or?
>>
>>30434287
so the ones that say best are all maxed out at 31?
>>
>>30434341
yes and they use >>30434276 this system for what they do
>>
>>30434293
its holding a power bracer which booste attack. i've been watching tutorials on youtube but i'm still somewhat confused
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Also it has Adamant Nature
>>
also when people say "4 IV *insert Pokemon here*" does that mean 4 of its stats are maxed out?
>>
>>30434525
yes
>>
>>30434586
ahhh okay
>>
>>30434385
>>30434448
Oh damn, you have a pretty good one.

Too bad its EVs are sort of messed up, but it's your first time.

Max out EVs next time by battling ONLY against Pokemon that give certain EV points, which you can do in an SOS battle. For example, if you keep letting Spearow call for help and killing its help, you can max out Speed because Spearow gives 1 Speed each.
>>
>>30434135
>IVs make a crescent moon
Which version are you playing?
>>
>>30434628
shit i'm just randomly battling wild Pokemon on Poni Island to level it up. i read you could reset its ev's, should i just get to lvl 100 and then reset it and max out the good ev stats?
>>
>>30434630
Moon
>>
>>30434680
yes. Start collecting FC now because it costs a lot.
>>
>>30434792
sounds good thanks for the help man
>>
>>30434680
If you develop Isle Aplenny in Poke Polego and gather the EV reducing berries every 24 hours on Route 10, you can harvest them on the island and get even more EV reducing berries. Much better than grinding FC imo

Also if you have low level mons that need EV training, don't worry about it and do the SOS training method by putting a stronger Pokemon in front and letting your to-be-trained Pokemon get some of the EVs thanks to the EXP share.
>>
togedemaru looooks good
>>
>>30434911
wow thats a really useful tip thanks!
>>
>>30434958
Last tip before I self ban myself for finals

If you have Pokerus and a Power item and face off against a Pokemon that gives 1 EV in whatever stat, it'll take approximately 7 kills of that mon in an SOS battle to maximize your EVs in that.

So, if you beat 7 Yungoos in an SOS battle and hold a Power Bracer w/ Pokerus, you max out your Attack, simple as that.

For more details, go here and good luck: http://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-sun-pokemon-moon/How_to_EV_Train_in_Pokemon_Sun_and_Moon
>>
>>30435031
thanks to everyone in the thread for the help. i think i understand ev's and iv's a lot more.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.