[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Tree is trash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 22

File: diediedie.jpg (72KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
diediedie.jpg
72KB, 720x1280px
Fuck you you piece of shit. Fuck you for ending my streak with your fucking hax.
>Lapras just casually dodges every move I used while dishing out crit T-Bolts and Ice Beams
Fuck you battle tree, fuck you Gamefreak, and fuck you people who say Battle facilities aren't rigged in the A.I's favor. Fucking impossible to trigger Brightpowder 6 fucking times in a goddamned row
>>
>>30434103
Yes post game facilities are dogshit.
The best part is the people angry at OR/AS wanted like seven of them.
>>
the correct way to play the tree is by backing up your saves after every 10-ish so you never lose too much of your streak
>>
>>30434121
Honestly, fuck the Battle Frontier. That was an unholy bitch of a mess!.
>>
>>30434127
Can you do that? I know you can temporarily suspend your progress but I thought that it gets erased the moment you close the game. So going to JKSM would erase it right?
>>
File: 1469957241844.jpg (50KB, 559x392px) Image search: [Google]
1469957241844.jpg
50KB, 559x392px
>>30434127
and right as I say that I lose porygon-z to a quick claw 5 hit rock blast + sandstorm damage

I don't think this guy will take megamence and toxistall aegis down but that's the main idea, you can't so anything against sufficient levels of hax

>>30434215
I used jksm before but don't remember it too well, I use savedatafiler and just take a break at 19, 29, etc streaks. if I get haxxed and lose, then restoring the old save and deleting the secure value in filer makes everything all right
>>
>>30434215
but to answer your question, no you don't lose your battle tree data when you close Sun/Moon
>>
>>30434278
I'm gonna exploit the save files then. I did the same shit on Emerald and Platinum
>>
>>30434127
>>30434251
>>30434319

Baby's first battle facility?

Are you people seriously that bad that you rather find ways in order to have save states rather than figuring out how to mitigate risk? Battle facilities have always been about dealing with AI hax and you build a team that has multiple back ups when you get bad rolls. It's been that way since Emerald. Why are you running 90% hit moves instead of sticking with guaranteed hits? Do you even have the correct team for coverage/switching?

Jesus fuck, at least use the internet and search up someone else's team and strategy for the battle tree.
>>
>>30434542
>Why are you running 90% hit moves instead of sticking with guaranteed hits? Do you even have the correct team for coverage/switching?
Are you a fucking idiot? There's no way to plan around Brightpowder and crit hax. I was in prime form to easily sweep his team and I got fucking haxed. It's all about luck even with the perfect team.

If you're as experienced as you claim you should know this shit you idiot
>>
>>30434542
>I'm talking out of my ass and looking like a complete doofus the post
Seriously, this post is embarrassing. OP mentioned Brightpowder your dumb ass is talking about 90% moves. If Lapras triggered brightpowder and crits with every move, there's no way he could have won. This happens to the best, like the feared Walrein and Machamp
>>
>>30434121
the problems of battle tower cheating become worse when you have 'less' options beside it.

the more battle tower becomes the 'only' pve post game, the more infurating it's lazy cheating design becomes.

it's also GF are just so lazy and so grind reliant instead of battling a lot of good teams, you just battle cheese mons who stack the hidden number in their favor.

would it 'really' kill them to just make the BS cheating tower the 'hyper' tier and let a normal or super tier just be legit online style no hidden rng?
>>
>>30434587

So you had one bad run that ended your steak. Next time you face Red, the same thing is going to happen? You're the one who ran to the internet crying about HAX when it's always been there. If you're as good as you think you are, then why have people gotten 1,000+ victory streaks in X&Y with the same kind of bullshit AI Hax?

Mad cus bad.
>>
>>30434670
solution?

Stop playing pve, and actually be good at the game.
>>
>>30434542
let's not even kid ourselves here, regardless of how prepared you are and how op the team you make is, it's a known factor the Towers cheat as a lazy way to increase difficulty, you will always lose eventually to some sort of miracle of convenience.
>>
File: onmylevel.jpg (88KB, 1092x819px) Image search: [Google]
onmylevel.jpg
88KB, 1092x819px
>>30434103
>People complaining when the Battle Tree only has 3 Super modes.

Niggas think they can just bring their bros and get a streak of 50.
>>
>>30434717
>then why have people gotten 1,000+ victory streaks in X&Y with the same kind of bullshit AI Hax?
Christ you're an idiot. Is this your first time trolling or something? It's all about luck. The same people who get 2400 wins also just as easily lose on round 3 with the exact same team and strat. The more you talk the more clueless you sound lol. OP was raging but pretending like nobody is allowed to get mad at hax unless they're bad is dumb as hell
>>
>>30434642

Whats embarrassing is witnessing children swap hacking tips with each other in order to clear a mode meant for the hardcore. I'll say it again, baby's first battle facility.
>>
File: 1467687241742.gif (158KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1467687241742.gif
158KB, 256x192px
>People in this topic actually defending Battle facility hax and blaming the player even though he mentioned the exact hax he got, instead of just laughing and sharing stories about how hax can screw you

Why are the fanboy kids up this late?
>>
>>30434740
This is true. GameFreak doesn't know how to increase difficulty properly, they constantly implement cheap methods of making the game difficult. Accuracy modifiers, critical hit modifiers, and other modifiers have been noted to exist within post-game battle facilities. These modifiers also exist in the Battle Royal. Your accuracy is lowered by about 20-30%, and the opponents critical hit ratio is always boosted +1.
>>
>>30434738
actually here's a 'solution' stop restricting a bunch of stuff to post game, at the same time as making run up a tower of limited repeating mons the main 'post game'

they do cheat behind the scenes and always have, just because you can overcome for 60+ streaks doesn't really change that the tower has been cheating it's odds the entire time.
>>
>>30434810
I found Battle Royal quite easy desu, the horror stories of everyone ganging up on the player didn't happen to me

>>30434786
So your rage is about cheating? Why? It doesn't affect you in the slightest if people back up their saves.
>>
>>30434810
i just wish they'd stop making it the 'only' way to do it. by all means make a 'hyper/pro/true difficulty tower mode where all the 'real' pros can play and the only one that matters for epeen arguing.

but why can't we also have a mode where it's just normal in game odds (or even normal Online odds turning off all the affection luck boosts) that you can do if you just want to farm BP, or whatever.
>>
Battle Tree doesn't even cheat, you're all just falling victim to one hell of a confirmation bias.
>>
>>30434862
It's intentionally supposed to do that, anon. Also, your opponents pokemon will receive less damage from moves that target all adjacent pokemon because there are MORE modifiers that reduce the damage of those moves by at least 50%.
>>
>>30434760

>Teams built to go past 200+ wins
>Easily lose in round 3

Holy shit, you must be a special kind of retard. It isn't until past 50 that the battle facility starts shuffling around the same upper tier hax teams and even then you think luck is the only reason why they ever got past 50+ wins?

OP is a cry baby. I'm laugh at cry babies.
>>
>>30434862
Royal cheats just as bad but the 4 player FFA aspect also confuses the fuck out of it making it ironically fairer.

when i deliberately suicide farmed loses at it to get the bracers early everything obviously ruthlessly prioritized my level 24 mons, yet when i came back with a level 36 perishsong Aquaring Primarina and a level 48 Alola Marowak it started picking weird mons trying to counter what ti 'thought i was going to do.

I legit won several of those because of it.
>>
>>30434950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS9hC7THYN8
This is round 3 he lost in

you were saying?
Past 50 is when they start using the legendaries but hax items and crits are there from round 1. Anything can decide to evade everything and crit everything if the game wants it to.
>>
File: well sure.png (30KB, 164x147px) Image search: [Google]
well sure.png
30KB, 164x147px
I can appreciate actual difficulty when it's fair, but this is just bullshit.

>Using a bulky Buzzwole build with Leech Life, Bulk Up, Fell Stinger, Brick Break
>Down to last pokemon, other trainer has two pokemon at low health and one at full
>Buzzwole kills the two at low HP, Beast Boost gives +2 DEF plus I used Bulk Up twice
>Last of his pokemon is Medicham
>Not worried in the slightest since I have +2ATK, +4 DEF, and Medicham is a physical attacker
>"Medicham used Psychic!"
>OHKO'd since Buzzwole has the special defense of a newborn fawn

There is NO reason to run a special Medicham. It's like it was specifically designed to fuck me.
>>
>>30434921
Battle Royal Ai seems to mostly try to 'kill steal' unless your mon is super obviously vulnerable to what they have, then they try to one shot you first.

and obvious tendency if you say pick 3 guys weak to water, suddenly all the teams are half water, but thats par for the course.
>>
>>30434740

I didn't say the AI doesn't hax, I said it's always been there. What I said was, complaining about it now, 4 generations later, is ridiculous. People have learned how to get past 50+ wins despite the hax and can do it consistently across generations. Having a meltdown on a bad run is normal. Having to resort to homebrew hax and being proud of knowing how to do so? Well, thats laughable.
>>
>>30434950
Ok stop pretending you're good when it's clear you're not and just parroting things you know nothing about.

The reason people get those amazing high records is because you find a way to exploit the A.I, because you just can't beat the hax. So you get a stall team to trick an item on the enemy, weaken them, and power up because the A.I is too stupid to switch. Most of the pokemon and items used for those teams aren't available yet. Plus in S/M the A.I is smarter and actually switches out.
Just stop being a retard and trolling. Way too late to do the edgy kid act.
>>
File: iPqi7Nw.png (246KB, 391x327px) Image search: [Google]
iPqi7Nw.png
246KB, 391x327px
>>30435001
It's still shit, though.
>>
Why do you guys keep playing in the battle facilities if you hate it so much?

What compels someone to get a streak of over 1000? I can't imagine you get anything of worth from it.
>>
>>30434908
No it cheats, and pokemon Ai in general has always cheated a bit,

Here's an easy example that actually happens in story trainer's/gym leaders. if they can use a potion, unless your move's damage is to such a massive degree the move literally overkills, if the trainer hasn't used his allotted potion yet the mon WILL survive so they can use it.

the tower just cheats by specifically fudging the hidden percents (item procs secondary effects, miss chance etc) to benefit it's moves more and more as your streak rises.
>>
>>30434997
Too many shitmons have random ass coverage moves no one would run just to sucker punch you.

>Psychic Trenevant
>>
>>30435069
I'm not one of those, I just want to complete 50 to complete the game. I already have more than enough BP to buy everything because of my constant higher level failures. It's just rage inducing knowing you did everything right and lose only because of RNG
>>
>>30434542

It's better safe than sorry, idiot. That's some next level arrogance.
I was down to my 61st battle in the Super Double Battles, yeah? Then this fucking breeder all of a sudden had a team of legendary Pokemon that completely obliterated my team.
>>
>>30435015
the problem lies in that the tower isn't fun for everyone, yet is the 'only' thing you have to do unless your doing online battling more and more.

made more annoying by the real biggest problem, BP farming, it's normally only option for getting BP and stuff you 'need' to buy requires it.

guarantee you, put alternate ways to get BP in so you only have to do the tower equivalents when you want, way less rage about them. we at least have battle royal now.
>>
>>30434980

You said same people and same team on the 3rd round. That wasn't Jumpman playing and no proof that it was actually his 3rd battle. It could have been is 4th, or 50th but no way to tell it was his third unless you believe what wasn't stated in game.

Don't tell me I'm suppose to believe that was his 3rd battle.
>>
>>30435069
well i don't, and i'd not even bother with the pose rewards for it.

you give me ANY BP earning option beside a battle tower i'll prefer that first unless it's pure bullshit not worth the time.
>>
>>30435155
>He's He's lying that's all!
Lmao you fucking goon, the dude I linked is someone who also has high ranks, making it up to 2k and always shows off funny hax that ruins his runs. Suddenly he's lying because you don't want to look like an ass?

this is some reddit tier shit
>>
>>30435081
That's true, but here's the thing: There is NO REASON for Medicham to EVER have Psychic over Zen Headbutt or Psycho Cut unless you're doing a stupid meme special Medicham set.

Having odd coverage moves is one thing, but having moves that use its pitiful base 60SpA is just stupid. Bravo GF!
>>
>>30435239
They have Pokemon to counter literally every team you make. The only way to score big is to exploit the A.I, and even then you can still get haxed
>>
>>30435239
now I remembering this guy I watched on twitch who got fucked over by a talonflame that ran Solar beam
>>
>>30435299
when your opponent can only cheat,the only victory is to out cheat him.
>>
I don't understand the battle tree. Why does anyone do it? It's not fun, it's just hours of grinding for little to no reward since showdown exists and theres no more single player content to use the held items or TMs for. Why do you guys do it? Do you actually enjoy it?
>>
>>30435032

I never claimed to be good. I'm saying lots of people know what to do and what to expect out of an ancient part of the game. Exploiting the AI isn't against in game rules, (FYI: Durant runs aren't even that efficient) because at some point you figure out what kind of sets Pokemon will have or pull up info on them form the internet.

I get to laugh at people who have to resort to hacking. This isn't even being elitist or anything, anyone can go online and pull a team that someone made up to beat a facility. Its the fact that babies have to resort to homebrew in order to make any sort of 'progress' just kills me.
>>
>>30435331
This is why BW2 had the best postgame. You had postgame bosses and a postgame dungeon made for ingame teams, then you had the PWT which was considerably less bullshit than the Subway
>>
Do they still eventually build hard counter teams if you hack in completely broken shit like Wonder Guard Sableye?
>>
>>30435239
Trevenant has 65spA and isn't even a psychic type.
>>
>>30435184

>I-I-I can't back up my argument with evidence

I'm just preparing you for the real world kid. Can't be spewing shit from your mouth without being able to back it up.
>>
>>30435331
they want the items which are often needed for other things (bracers held items for breeding TM's for movesets) but oh look the currency you need to have to buy them requires doing this thing, and often only this thing.

so like or not a lot of people feel forced to do it, also doesn't help the stuff is overpriced and the payouts are piss unless your getting really good streaks.

>>30435350
when they can think of ways to earn BP beside 'grind this tower where we make the Ai cheat' then we can make fun of people cheating right back at it.
>>
>>30435402
Why the fuck would Trevenant need Psychic anyway? Fighting types can't touch it, and poison types are only neutral (Which is irrelevant anyway because it gets earthquake)
>>
>>30434103
Some fucking son of a bitch NPC ended my perfect teams streak after 30-something wins with his 100% accuracy Fissure Alola Dugtrio in Super Doubles. Never again... For the next few month.
>>
>>30435473
Because fuck me that's why.
>>
>>30435473
To specifically screw you over when you think you've got an easy win

Anybody got any vids or streams of the Battle Tree? Always makes it feel better seeing others suffer like you did
>>
>>30435435
>when they can think of ways to earn BP beside 'grind this tower where we make the Ai cheat' then we can make fun of people cheating right back at it.

I would love it if the "route Kahunas" gave you facility items for beating them. Wouldn't mind them being a lot harder too. Or after you beat a gym you can try a "Masters" run where you fight battle facility type trainers and if you beat the gym leader again he gives you BP or an item.
>>
>>30435535
This. This is always something I've thought about.
Why can gym challenges be split into divisions?

So you're first time through is for Amateur's Division while the rematch is the Master's Division and you get BP for beating trainers and the leader.

And the BP scales for how many times you can rematch the gym and resets when you lose.
>>
>>30435535
alternate ways to earn BP would shut up SO much of the tower bitching because everyone who hates them could just 'not' do them finally.

hell i'd literally do contests over the tower if they stayed around and gave BP, even just something as lazy as 'dump money into the void to buy BP' would be fine.

GF rely to much on the tower and grinding it as post game content.

or even just add a 'normal' mode difficulty that pays off lower, but removes all the hidden variables (your affection ones and the tower cheat ones) and just be straight pusedo online battles against Ai mons.

Or fuck let us QR code peoples teams and battle AI versions of those
>>
I've actually had some decent luck with this team in doubles:

Tapu Koko @ Grassium Z
Modest
252SpA, 252Spe
-Dazzling Gleam
-Grass Knot
-Discharge
-Protect

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Modest
252SpA, 252Spe
-Discharge
-Dazzling Gleam
-Volt Switch
-Energy Ball

Kartana @ Life Orb
Jolly
252Atk, 252 Spe
-Protect
-Leaf Blade
-Smart Strike
-Sacred Sword

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Adamant
252Atk, 252Def
-Wood Hammer
-Superpower
-Rock Slide
-Megahorn

A majority of the battles go like this
>Tapu Koko auto-sets Electric Terrain, uses Protect
>Xurkitree uses Discharge
>One or both of the other pokemon faint
>Xurkitree gains +1 or +2 SpA from Beast Boost
>Repeat until other team is gone, switching Koko with Bulu to resist the Discharge

For ground types, Tapu Koko has a 160BP Grass Z-move, Kartana has STAB Leaf Blade, and Bulu has STAB Terrain Boosted Wood Hammer. Plus, if I think an earthquake is coming, I switch to Kartana and Bulu and they take next to nothing since Grassy Terrain cuts ground type moves by 50%.

Fire types are kind of a problem if they come up and Koko/Xurkitree are gone, but Rock Slide or the Rock Z-move on Bulu actually works really well in getting rid of em.
>>
>>30435691
What's your highest streak with this team?
>>
>people complaining about muh hax

Please, you get an unlucky roll once in a while and bitch about it like OP as if it happens constantly, but overall it's not hard to build a team with enough options to get 50.

Fucking hell I beat regular singles with my unoptimized shitmons from story mode, and 20+ in super. I also landed a nice AI partner with Porygon Z and Liepard, and also Grimsly with Mega Absol. All of this with my story A-Muk, Mudsdale and Araquanid. No maxed anything, though I did erase their SpA with berries and put it in attack/HP.
Some matchups fuck them over like Gliscor, but I've encountered it maybe twice. Just goes back to my point that RNG is not inherently skewed.
>>
File: 1455181466191.jpg (331KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1455181466191.jpg
331KB, 517x768px
>>30434542
how new is this retard that he's never counter-haxed a facility before?
or is he just upset he bricked his 3ds trying? he's clearly mad about something.
nobody wants to spend 5 hours grinding against the AI just to get back to their previous streak after a triple quick claw sheer cold, unless maybe they have a certain disability
>>
>>30435761
>trying this hard to justify being a scrub
>m-m-m-m-m-m-muh hax ;_______;

my sides
>>
File: 1461825449096.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461825449096.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>>30435778
keep making worthless greentext posts like that, it will make a great screencap for /vp/ cringe threads
>>
>>30435761
He seems more like he's mad that other people have better streaks than him, but necessarily because of CFW.
Although with piratepals playing the game earlier as well as having all the bells and whistles maybe he has an inferiority complex too.
>>
File: dfg1.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dfg1.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>30435808
>desperately trying to justify cheating in a children's game
>not cringe
>>
>/vp/ has literal underages who get mad at other people finding ways to beat RNG in a single player game
wew lad
>>
>>30435836
>bragging about streaks that you got by cheating
>necessarily

this thread just keeps getting funnier
>>
File: 1464754678706.jpg (7KB, 158x153px) Image search: [Google]
1464754678706.jpg
7KB, 158x153px
>>30435840
>desperately trying to justify getting mad at cheating in a RNG game
keep posting retard, you won't understand just how much a commodity you are even when I tell you
i save these images exactly for such colossal mistakes as yourself
>>
>>30435836
Yep, he's mad about having a poor streak. He didn't even try to come up with a different reason, he just walked right into it.
>>
>>30435761

More like laughing at people whose only choice is to hack their 3DS because they can't deal with tower hax. I'm sorry but you can't seriously believe that losing to a children's game justifies you hacking it in order to beat it?
>>
File: 1463236876599.jpg (6KB, 300x303px) Image search: [Google]
1463236876599.jpg
6KB, 300x303px
>>30435836
one of the best parts of being a hackbro is delicious tears from incompetent wastes of bandwidth like this >>30435885

it doesn't even say anything, it just makes strawmans about "unable to deal" in response to people who are smarter about blazing through and resetting when the dice rolls get bad
>>
File: 1471718603421.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1471718603421.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>30435868
>can't beat a children's game without cheating
>calls others retards

please, my sides is aching
>>
File: 1460108788915.jpg (448KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1460108788915.jpg
448KB, 3840x2160px
>>30435901
and of course this thread already went over how the only "skill" to consistently beat RNG is dumb boring shit like truant durant, but it doesn't understand and continues the strawmans
>>30435911
look at this, it did the exact same thing, because it's just that heavily disabled
>>
>>30435836

>Needed to hack a childrens game in order to feel superior
>Acusing a person who is able to clear battle facilities without homebrew as having an inferiority complex
>Being this assblasted
>>
>>30434121
Anon, I just want the Battle Factory.
>>
File: 1452060191211.jpg (95KB, 705x679px) Image search: [Google]
1452060191211.jpg
95KB, 705x679px
>s-s-stop going fast through the battle tree! stop being efficient! you had to cheat to win at all!
>it's not fair I have to deal with the grind while you get to play dynamic teams and still win!
>>
File: IMG_0495.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0495.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>30435931
>the only "skill" to consistently beat RNG is dumb boring shit like truant durant

>actually being this bad at the game
>actually deluding yourself this hard out of butthurt

there is only one thing to say at times like this: git gud
>>
>>30435975
consistent, little retard

I hope you never stop posting, may /vp/'s spirits always be higher because of you
>>
>>30435407
In the real world you get knocked the fuck out for calling someone a retard over a children's video game.
>>
>>30435901

>Being able to install homebrew as the only criteria for being a part of masterrace

Sides are out of orbit! Yeah, you guys sure showed me! Hey, remember when all the kids using GTS before Sun and Moon came out? They're all hackerbros, right?
>>
He's mad because people are "devaluing" his streak in a single player game.
That settles it, he's upset that someone might overthrow his streak in a children's game he's so proud of because they're smarter as save file stuff than he is.
>>
>>30436006
anyone can tell you're feeling inferior over something pal
>>
>>30435993

I hope he keeps posting, too. I haven't laughed this hard since Nintendo banned all the idiots who went online before Sun and Moon came out. This guy seriously believes the Durant strat is the only way to get past 50 wins!
>>
>>30436008
>rationalizing this hard
holy fuck your butthurt is palpable. nice moving the goalposts too.

>he clearly doesn't have a streak! i'm not bad at the game, it's just impossible without cheating!
>o-oh! w-well he's clearly afraid of someone beating his streak! it's the number that matters, not how you got it!
>>
>>30436021
No, he's saying that people have to cheat to get past 50 wins as a strawman because they're getting faster and higher streaks than him. Don't tell me you're the retard in question, getting yet another thing wrong.
>>
>>30436005

Uh oh! Big guy gonna use his big fists! You really want to beat me up, don't you? Ape.
>>
File: 1476391795822.jpg (42KB, 322x350px) Image search: [Google]
1476391795822.jpg
42KB, 322x350px
>>30436033
>it's just impossible without cheating!
you've had it spoonfed how many times now, that nobody ever said that and there are piss easy ways like truant durant?

how many times? can you answer that question, or are you really as much a failure as the thread thinks you are?
>>
>>30436038
>implying anyone who plays the game legitimately cares what someone got through cheating
>acting like cheating is some sort of accomplishment

how's middle school treating you?
>>
>>30436033
If you think the anon you're replying to is butthurt, then you could open up your own IMAX with the amount of projecting you're doing.
>>
>>30434997
Since battle maison the teams are built to counter you
>>
>>30436056
You care and are getting very upset.

Oh, but that's right, an abortion like you doesn't count as any "one" person.
>>
>>30436056
>I don't care!
>I'll keep posting to prove I don't care!
>>
>>30435993
wait what's this Turant Durant thing? i didn't play ORAS and i'm curious what this is. I know that's his hidden ability but what makes this cheese the AI?
>>
File: 1451683141671.png (21KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451683141671.png
21KB, 473x500px
bookmarking this thread to read the legitfag's tears whenever i feel sad
>>
>>30436005

Calm down there buddy, no need to go full Mongoloid on a Japanese image board.
>>
>>30436053
>and there are piss easy ways like truant durant?
and there are perfectly good ways without it. the fact that you think you have to either cheat or cheese speaks volumes. once again, git gud.

>>30436072
>feeling so inferior that you brag about cheating
it's okay dude, not everyone is smart enough to beat a children's game.
>>
>>30436097
Entrainment
Protect on the turns he can move, setup on the other turns.
You can cheese in other similar ways like switching between two immunities and getting leftovers recovery and overall the battle tower clones haven't taken real skill in a long time (read: ever) compared to real battles.

But when your biggest accomplishment is 1001 wins over two years and someone has a foolproof way to beat it no matter how many sheer cold lapras they encounter thanks to cfw, you bet you're going to try and derail the thread.
>>
>>30436064

Came in to KEK at this.
>>
>>30436098

Hows the old room at your parents house feel like? Parents still disappointed you dropped out after two semesters?
>>
>>30436146
>foolproof way to beat it
you mean cheating.

if you're just going to cheat, why bother playing it in the first place? where is the fun in that? and why would you even need BP when you can inject mons and items?

the funniest part is you're implying legit players CAN'T cheat.
>>
>>30436146
And lets not forget his insistence that "risk management" is a valuable skill when it really just means never running hydro pump and always running scald, etc. Like some kind of stockholme syndrome fire emblem fan.
It just means making teams that are a total drag to play and rely on never using toxic or play rough because they could potentially miss against anything, and deep down no neurotypical person wants to breed or hex a team specifically for the tower/maison/tree, compared to making a team that is good in actual pvp matches, and can do fine in the battle tower except for the sheer cold laprases.
>>
>>30436146
>Protect on the turns he can move, setup on the other turns.
I still don't understand how this works. Truant means he just fucks off every other turn, right?
>>
>>30436193
>the funniest part is you're implying legit players CAN'T cheat.

This. The entire thread is entertaining because people started swapping hacking tips in order to beat facilities. As if no one was going to call out on how bad they are.
>>
>>30436222
Turn 1: Durant used Entertainment
Turn 2: Switch in to set-up user
Turn 3: Protect
Turn 4: Opponent unable to Move, Dragon Dance.
Repeat turn 3 and 4 6 times
Sweep .
>>
>>30434908
It does have things like Shell Smash Kommo-O
>>
>>30436267
Was that actually confirmed? That screenshot was suspect.
>>
>>30436193
some people might want to get the BP rewards from high streaks and are unable or unwilling to pkhex them in

I suspect after a certain someone's outburst someone else will get the bright idea of using backups in the long run just to get a long streak and mock people like him further, whether by openly admitting hacks like the grade-A trolls here did in order to give us a real show, or by insisting it was legit and hiding details and strategies just to provoke his curiosity.

or maybe they just want to grind against the AI to try sets without dealing with low ladder showdown (hopefully they know to throw out data from battles that were pure hax) and also get partners they like for team battles, possibly for waifu power

I mean, there's a lot of reasons that people could want to do things, whether you think it's a good use of your time or not.
>>
AI does cheat but there's ways around it
AI will make his move after you select yours, so if you switch it will use a super effective move against your switch more often than not, but if you use U-turn it won't.
AI doesn't understand lightninrod, so they use twave on my marowak every fucking time
Teams are always stacked against you. I run a full hp intimidate salamence to bulk dragon claws and sweep. You just need to plan what your counters will be and how to fuck them right back
>>
>>30436258
Oh, that's pretty nifty. I'm not sure how effective that'd be outside of the game though, since most people would just switch out.
>>
>>30434127
Does that work with powersaves? Just restore a savegame backup?
>>
>>30436216
>Like some kind of stockholme syndrome fire emblem fan

I didn't think this thread could get better, but it did.

>no neurotypical person wants to breed or hex a team specifically for the tower/maison/tree, compared to making a team that is good in actual pvp matches, and can do fine in the battle tower except for the sheer cold laprases.

Woah woah woah, speak for yourself. The facilities were built for the 5% of players who actually stuck around and continue to play the games off and on after release. Just because you can't clear 50+ legit doesn't mean other people can't. Maybe you don't have the patience?
>>
>>30436296
>unable or unwilling to pkhex them in
if you can inject illegal mons you can inject items. that's just a fact.
>>
>>30436312
it totally wouldn't work on any human person. it exploits a quirk of the AI not switching the truant pokemon out.

I expect sun and moon tower will probably spawn a lot more feint and Z move pokemon to counter this though.
>>
>>30436345
battle tree trainers actually switch out. but they have other faults like not reading immunity abilities and spamming failed moves.
>>
>>30436343
they might also not want to inject. I'm not like that, but if someone insists on keeping their game cheat-free but allows themselves use of backups, then that's a reason they'll take and there's no reason or method to stop them.
>>
>>30436311
This.
AI is always flawed.
It does cheat, but it can be abused.
I'm just saying...
Get a full 4x ice weak dragon team, ice is too weak to do anything about M-Mence, Garchomp, and Dragonite. And after a while it will continuously throw an all ice team at you.
>>
>>30436356
I've never seen one switch at a 40 streak
>>
>>30434758
Does the Battle Tree have any trophies like the Maison and the Subway?
>>
>>30434760
No retard, every Pokemon and set has been mined, the people who go 1k+ know exactly what their threats are and how to deal with them. Shit has been solved for gen VI and will be solved for gen vii. Go take a tour of the smogon battle facility threads.
>>
>>30436379
i see it regularly when it's out of options.
>>
>>30435380
That's called fairy type.
>>
>>30434103
Just wait for poke bank. It'll be nice to meet my battle facility monster. It's aron duh.
>>
>>30436378
>what is quick claw sheer cold walrein
>>
>>30434794
Rhydon Quick Claw double Critical Hit Rock Slide.

Two turns in a row.
>>
>>30434997
Their teams are definitely built to counter you. To see how they'd react I did this:
>Hack in a No Miss Machamp with 1-Hit KO moves as well as a pre-evolved Mega Pidgeot with quick claw and 1-hit KOs
>Almost every team as at least one Pokemon with Sturdy and another with a Focus Sash
>Everything with Sturdy could easily 1 Hit-KO Pidgeot with anything
>Their other Pokemon was almost always a counter for Machamp
>>
File: 1480572388448.gif (665KB, 500x375px)
1480572388448.gif
665KB, 500x375px
>mfw the ai wastes their z-move on mimikyu disguise
Every fucking time.
>>
>>30436311
I find it sometimes has trouble predicting ghost Z-conversion, too.
>>
git gud
>>
desu even if people were cheating at something that took actual skill (not just the "skill" of abusing a braindead ai) it still wouldn't matter since it's a single player game.
at least it wouldn't matter unless you're scared about losing your high score at abusing the ai
>>
>>30436625
I do Electric to cockblock thunder waves

it seems right to me, since twave users are slow and cc/hjk users are fast
>>
>>30436378
Brb Bright Powder Sheer Cold Lapras wants a word
>>
>>30436470
>Rock Slide always hits and always flinches
>>
File: heck off.png (24KB, 205x280px) Image search: [Google]
heck off.png
24KB, 205x280px
No matter what you do all battle facilities are as unfun as it comes. If you suck ass you have to throw yourself at the first few fights to get a pitiful amount of BP. If you're good use a cheap team that exploits the ai you're doing the same motions every fight and it's boring as shit.

Why cant i get BP from battle spot/battling friends? After all, they're called BATTLE Points, not Tree/Maison Points.

>>30435069
>Why do you guys keep playing in the battle facilities if you hate it so much?

Probably because GF locks off a ton of shit behind it.
>>
File: 1424606586045.jpg (23KB, 306x306px)
1424606586045.jpg
23KB, 306x306px
>grab six IV Dittos from giveaways
>use them for breeding
>while breeding and ez EV training goes on in the Pelago grab perfect IV mons from giveaways
>once breeding mons are done through in the mons from giveaways
>continue until perfectly EV'd and IV'd mons ready for movesets and training come to fruition
>natures go without saying
>mfw i'm the worst kind of ez mode competitive scumbag
>>
I do like Battle Tower/Battle Tree, but fuck is it annoying grinding BP. Trainers can range from easily handled to extremely frustrating when all your 100% accurate moves all miss because of Brightpowder hax.

I'd love it if BP could be accumulated in other ways...but then GF would troll the shit out of us and make TMs like Earthquake and Thunderbolt locked as BP prizes again. Fuck that.
>>
Eruption isn't a priority move is it?
All of my team was just swept by a Typhlosion one shotting them all with Eruption even though all of my Pokemon are higher speed.

Typloshion has a base speed of 100 and it just outsped my Pheremose which has a base speed of 151. It's got 31 in speed and max EV in speed.
>>
>>30434121
fucking loved that shit
>>
>>30434103

>Told that bonding with your Pokemon is the most important thing for any trainer.
>Include a feature that makes your Pokemon love you and fight harder for you when maxed out.
>Your Pokemon will stand there, teary eyed and in pain as it stares into the fires of Hell itself. Why? Because it doesn't want you to be sad.
>Until you go to a battle facility.
>Then it doesn't love you anymore.
>It won't even turn around and give you a reassuring look in the eyes anymore.
>Meanwhile your opponent's Pokemon gets a gorillian straight critical hits and they always seem to have this tiny sliver of health left after what should have been a OHKO.
>>
>>30434862
People just like to complain
See >>30434786
>>
File: 250px-468Togekiss[1].png (29KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-468Togekiss[1].png
29KB, 250x250px
>>30434103
Can't wait to transfer over my Serene Grace Togekiss who knows Tri-Attack from Bank. Tri-attack Togepi can be gotten on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.

Serene Grace+Tri Attack is hilarious.
I can do hax bullshit too Battle Frontier(Maison/Tree whatever)

This fucker served me so well ever since I got that Togepi.
Hell, now I can Hyper Train its shit IVs too.
>>
>>30434103
You're only realizing this now? lmao

Post-game battle facilities are made to destroy you, been like this since Emerald iirc

Enemies are built around a team that serves as a challenge against your team specifically.

It's rage inducing but also fun
>>
>>30434103
Just super singles last night. Third try, first time I lost to a crit dragon pulse and second time I just got fucked by paralysis.
>>
>>30436385

Just passport stamps.
>>
>>30439256
*Just beat super singles
>>
File: 1466828438550.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1466828438550.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>Toxapex + Garchomp
>Third Pokemon optional
>Never lose

It's not that hard to abuse cancermons
>>
>>30434997
>It's like it was specifically designed to fuck me.

Actually, that's exactly the case. That's how Battle Facilities work. Get used to it.
>>
>>30435069

Battle facilities are always the things that stop me from getting 100%. I hate that it's the case.
>>
>>30439285
At least be glad they don't tie in the must have items to its bullshit. TMs are the fucking worst to get from there, I swear.

You're not really missing anything interesting in the battle tree anyway.
>>
>>30439302

I wanna team up with Colress though. I'm sure it will happen once I finish my competitive mons for the gen but still.
>>
>>30439302
>I need an Ability Capsule to patch my shiny Jangmo-o's Soundproof
>kek have fun getting buttfucked 100 times kid
>>
>>30439272
What was your team?
>>
How is the Battle Tree compared to the Battle Maison?
>>
>>30434758
I miss xy male customization options :(
One of the few things game got right
>>
>>30437274
Isn't this what most people do though? Bar the 6 IV Ditto maybe.
>>
>>30439434

General consensus is that the hax is far worse but regularly fighting established characters is neat.
>>
>>30434542
You've never played the maison/tree before have you? Bright powder throws those "guaranteed hits" out the window as now every move you have that has 100% accuracy is now more like 90% unless its either a move that bypasses accuracy checks entirely like aerial ace or aura sphere or its a pokemon with no guard.

And sometimes you gotta take the risk with less than 100% accurate moves because of their raw power. Hell, in ORAS I got my first 50 win streak by using a a mega Blastoise with hydro pump and was forced to take on a Tornadus with prankster, double team and substitute. It was a miracle I landed both hydro pumps to both break its sub and take out Tornadus itself after it double teamed me twice once behind its sub and another once it broke, so don't give me that "mitigate risk" crap.
>>
>>30435734
What fucking team were you using? I went in with my shitmons and I was getting wrecked, 5 streak max. This isn't like the Battle Maison, normals and supers are extremely close in difficulty.
>>
What's the fastest/easiest mode to go through Battle Tower?
>>
>>30438218
Scarfed, maybe?
>>
>>30439679
Spoilers He's full of shit
>>
>>30436481
m8 i already told you you gotta use a fast rock user that isn't destroyed by absol/espeon/xatu to beat that
then see what they do
>>
>>30434103
Translation: I'm garbage
>>
>>30440279
Yeah it's my fault Brightpowder triggered 6 times in a row, yep totally
Where are these morons coming from?
>>
I can't get up to battle 40 and most of the time it's due to hax (frozen for 5 turns in a row from an Ice Punch) or small errors like using an attack instead of setting up on my Mimikyu.

Here's my team (Lele leads):

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant 252 atk 252 hp
-Play Rough
-Shadow Claw
-Shadow Sneak
-Swords Dance

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid 252 Speed 252 Sp.Att
-Moonblast
-Psyshock
-Psychic
-Focus Blast

Salamence @ Salamencite
(Intimidate before Mega)
Naive @ 252 Speed 252 Atk 4 Sp. Att
-Draco Meteor
-Thrash
-Flamethrower
-Giga Impact

Giga Impact is for possibly 1HKOing certain pokemon like M-Kangaskhan but I want to switch it out for a flinching move or speed control so that it can break sashes on certain pokemon like Gengar or Salazzle. Help /vp/
>>
Fuck, mega stones are expensive
I wish I could transfer my ORAS BP, hopefully the Pokemon bank game link thing still gives you BP
>>
>>30435359
There was also Challenge Mode, which aside from being locked off (enabled that shit thanks to an action replay because fuck waiting for a friend to finish the game and unlock it for me) enabled better levels for enemy trainers and boosted gym leaders, altered their movesets, and even added an extra mon to their teams.

PWT and the other postgame content was just the icing on the cake, but very delicious icing on a very delicious cake.
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.