[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ball/: Beast Ball Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 10

File: whydoidothistomyself.jpg (446KB, 786x1898px) Image search: [Google]
whydoidothistomyself.jpg
446KB, 786x1898px
Balltism

Save me, /vp/, I want everything in Beast Balls.
>>
What ball is best for Oranguru?
>>
>>30424097
Did island scan on Poni. Today is Serperior. Ball to use? Nest?
>>
>>30425242
Too late. I ended up going Nest. Hopefully that's cool with you fellow balltists.
>>
>>30425542
>not friend ball
RELEASE ITTTT RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
How do I Tapus?
>>
>>30425670
RELEASED

I hope you're happy
>>
>>30425242
I used a quick ball for a future shiny
>>
>>30425783
Koko: Ultra (yellow/black), Fast (yellow/orange-red), or Level (yellow, black, red V which resembles the mohawk)

Bulu: Repeat

Lele: Love or Heal

Fini: Dive (animation), Master (color)
>>
Anyone got a spare heavy ball? I used mine, thought maybe one of you have powersaves or something.

Also, I'm about to go for the Tapus, how does this sound:
Koko: 1. Level Ball, 2. Fast Ball

Bulu: 1. Friend Ball (more for the typing), 2. Repeat Bal, 3. Nest Ball (good for the typing again)

Lele: Love Ball (there really is no other option because Heal Ball is ACTUALLY pastel purple)

Fini: Dive Ball (for the type and hair), Heal Ball (because it's the next best thing to purple and master ball is a bit too dark)
>>
File: friend_ball_by_oykawoo-d86asqt.png (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
friend_ball_by_oykawoo-d86asqt.png
65KB, 600x600px
>>30427097
Also, you might not think Friend Ball suits Tapu Bulu but the colours are perfect on the little markings.
>>
>>30427097
>>30427154
Damn, I'm triggered. I might need to replay and catch the Tapus in different balls now...
>>
>>30427344
this is why I restarted, I caught them all in premier like I usually do but something in me was like... "you know what, unique pokeballs would be cool" SO here I am. Also note that the Fast Ball is a bit of a "trick" for Koko, as its very very red and Koko has 0 red on it. The best is actually Level, and Repeat which is annoyingly red also has the best "lightning" look on send out. The best ball for Bulu would be sport ball, buuut it's not legal.

>Red with a green send out animation

The next problem for aestheticism on the summary page is now we can all be like that one "proud of its power lucario" guy.

>Love Ball Tsareena with Somewhat Vain characteristic, Egg hatched at Lush Jungle.

FUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>30427617
I think we just became best friends.

Teach me everything. I'm new to this and you have great ideas.
>>
>>30428089
first thing is to watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAzabFCJtbs

get a good idea of what they actually look like

As for the characteristics, to manipulate them perfectly you would need dittos that have your highest IV match the specific IV that is needed for a certain characteristic. For legendaries you can only have a variety of at max 6 characteristics because 3 of the IVs are 31. That shoehorns it into either Takes plenty of siestas, Likes to thrash about, Capable of taking hits, Mischevous, Somewhat vain and Impetuous and silly.

I'm not sure if all of them are even available since I believe there's some kind of priority on which one shows. I thought it might be Hp > ATK >DEF > SPATK > SPDEF > SPEED, but my Solgaleo is alert to sounds. I guess it might choose what shows at random? Dunno. Anyway, the idea is to have some dittos with ONE stat at a certain IV and all the others lower, the higher the one certain IV is, the better. Even though Somewhat vain is associated with 31 IVs in SPDEF . so is 26, 21, 16, 11, 6 and 1. So if any of those are the highest IV, then you get a "somewhat vain" pokemon.

Check here:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Characteristic

It's actually not that hard to breed once you have the destiny knot and dittos, as the destiny knot forces the egg to have 5 randomly selected IVs from the parents. So if you have a Ditto with a characteristic you want and breed with that destiny knot. Of course, it can also select them from the other parent but so long as you have one of these IVs as the highest in every particular stat: 31, 30, 29, 28, 27, (30 dittos for every characteristic) then it should be fairly simple. Just nickname the dittos so you don't forget. Anyway, GATHERING the dittos is the actual hard part. It would take months. However, you can ask someone to hack them for you.

Anyway, that being said - you can max out the IVs later with a gold bottle cap. Thus being aesthetically perfect AND battle perfect.
>>
Why won't GF just give us a machine in game that allows us to change a Pokemons Pokeball? It seems so obvious.
>>
>>30424097
>timer ball fire oricorio
>ultra ball anything
>great ball anything
>master ball toucannon
Also, too many artifacts. Make a new image.
>>
>>30428793
Go for it. I didn't make it, but there's size limits.
>>
>>30428793
Man you have some shit taste
>>
>>30427097
>>30428569
I like you. What are your thoughts on Celesteela? Heavy Ball or Net Ball seem to be the general consensus, but I'd like your opinion on the matter.
>>
>>30424097
>salamence
>not great ball
>>
>>30424097
Love ball shiny mareanie
>>
Can pokemon pass on master balls through breeding now? They weren't able to in gen 6.
>>
>>30424097
OP if you're still using that "roll for apricorn" list it has an error, Snorunt was possible to get in johto before.
>>
>>30430366
No, cherish and master balls don't pass but everything else does AFAIK. Like in past gens, you can get multiple master balls.

Unlike fucking apricorn balls.
>>
Debating on a ball for Lycanroc. I guess Level? Nothing fits very well.
>>
I'm currently chaining for a shiny Bounsweet, and cant decide between a Luxury or Dusk Ball.
>>
I want my teams to have matching balls and god damn it, since it's moon I really want either all Moon Balls or all Beast Balls.
Both paths lead to suffering.
>>
Bounsweet Shiny is Love Ball
Tapus
Koko: Fast
Bulu: Friend
Lele: Love
Fini: Máster Ball/Dive Ball

Salamence: Beast Ball (looks cool imo) or if Shiny Friend Ball
Rockruff: Between Heavy and Moon (if Shiny) if not then Quickball
>>
>>30431568
Imo nest and premier work, you need to also keep the release animations in mind. Premier sparkles yellow, close enough to an earthy colour. Nest releases the leafy stuff, which is great for the wild look, not everything has to match the colour of the pokemon - just attributes strong enough.

Example: caught Bulu in a friend ball even though its green because it represents its type and has yellow and red colour patterns. Also, the release animation sparkles green which fits its ability well.

I put Ninetales in a love ball just simply because it's very, very feminine and has the pink fairy typing.

If I could do my lycanroc again, it would be in a nest ball.

>>30433669
Keep the release animation in mind, though fast ball IS the best in terms of ball for Koko, the release animation is like a regular pokeball with blue sparkles. In the end I went with the repeat ball because it spins yellow looking arrows and sparkles yellow on release. Its little inventory pic looks pretty orange too, if you don't care for release animations then fast ball is the best.
>>
I know these threads are mostly about color schemes and such. But I have actually had a huge problem with only wanting to use pokeballs since gen 4. This gen was the hardest gen to only use pokeballs. The worst being Tapu koko and its 20 minutes of cutscenes between it and the closest save area.
>>
>>30435826
OH right, also note that soon Lycanroc will be able to get safari ball now if the nest ball isn't up to your standards.
>>
>>30435870
You can knock it out and battle it later.
I had a similar issue to you though, except I used only premier. Something about the Tapus changed that about me though, well I guess that and seeing NPCs using specific/various balls. I really only care about what I actually plan on using and anything that has a limit on how many you can catch in game.
>>
File: 250px-747Mareanie.jpg (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-747Mareanie.jpg
42KB, 250x250px
Weird question:

Anybody have a pokeball HA Mareanie? I caught mine in a Premier ball and I don't like it.

I want to un-Premier it but the new male+ditto ball passing down mechanic makes that impossible for me. But I don't want to chain another Mareanie.
>>
>>30435939
I actually got it about 40 balls in. I was in the 400's with beldum though. Catch rate 3 my ass.
>>
File: 787.png (55KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
787.png
55KB, 300x300px
>grass type
>doesn't suit a Nest Ball
what do
>>
>>30435892
safari ball? how?
>>
Quick what ball do I use for Turtonator??
>>
Question, is there any Pokemon you could consider having a lure ball? Because I hate it's design but still want to feel elite using it.
>>
>>30436469
Gible
>>
>>30424097
Can someone clean OP's image? Holy shit. Even the old Balltism Sheet with all the Pokemon had this kind of abyssal quality.
>>
>>30428616
there's a machine like that

it's called your computer and it runs pkhex
>>
>>30436269
Friend Ball.

Green (for type) and has red and yellow on it (for colors).
>>
>>30436469
I put a Dhelmise in mine. Colors match okay, theme too since you get it via fishing.
>>
Glad you guys realise you're autistic as fuck
>>
>>30439647
It's got -tism right in the name, anon.
>>
>>30425152
Premier
>>
>>30429531
>your taste is shit because it doesn't match mine
>>
>>30439886
Welcome to 4chan
>>
Any chance the anon who made the OP can keep building on it (but also save it on a site thayt ISN'T 4chan) so the quality says high?
>>
>Toxapex not in a Net Ball
Dropped
>>
>>30424097
Shiny Vikavolt reminds me of Genji
>>
>>30440877
Eh, I guess that could work
>>
>>30428793
I give options, not answers. I take suggestions on what ball for what. Also fuck you I love master ball Toucannon and I'm going to get myself one. Quality is pretty shit tbqh but I have had to start compressing the file for 4chan. I also need a better source for Gen 7 sprites, the older ones are from Bulba but the Gen are from a smaller image I saved.
I'm also working in MS paint because my PC took a dump, so we're working around some road blocks at the moment.
>>30436547
It's only going to get longer and shittier quality.
>>30440829
It's a bigger size on the comp, so eventually when it's done I can save it somewhere else. There are a lot of pokemon, though- it's going to be large!
>>30430387
Thank you, anon.
>>
File: work in progress.png (256KB, 1000x702px)
work in progress.png
256KB, 1000x702px
>>30441467

For those of you playing along at home, here's the working file. Unfortunately, this PC isn't strong enough to run PS without crashing
>>
>>30441467
>>30441570
mah nigga

you really ARE doing god's work, man. you can be sure that at least one anon out there appreciates it!
>>
>>30424097
did we ever find another way to get more johto balls?
some guy was saying festival avenue but still
>>
>>30427097
Still here? I can give you a heavy ball
>>
>>30442357
Negative Ghost Rider
>>
>>30424097
>Heavy Ball for Salemance
>Not Great Ball
Holy shit how fucking retarded could you possibly be to not use the ball with the matching color scheme
>>
>>30442357
Gen/inject them, no other way. I have 50 balls a piece, I can pass some out if people don't mind my less than legitimate sources.
>>
>>30442846
Smart man. At this point I've genned so many Pokemon with life orbs, choice items, etc that I need to start genning balls.

Well, that or just keep on genning Pokemon in the balls I want them to be in.
>>
>>30442792
Pretty retarded

also pls help:

Hydreigon:
>Heavy
>Net
>Moon
>Luxury
>Dusk

Kommo-o:
>Fast
>Luxury
>Heavy
>Repeat
>Level

Scizor
>Timer (Mega)
>Repeat/Sport (Vanilla)

Serperior
>Friend
>Nest
>>
>>30443290
I did Kommo-o in a Luxury Ball. The colors for pretty well, and the effect looks great when you send it out. I like Repeat on it too as the colors also match pretty well and the circle pattern looks nice with the scales.

For Serperior, I went Nest. I liked how the tan matches well with Snivy and Servine. Plus, I just like it more than Friend, anyway. The effect looks great for a leafy snake, too. Friend Ball matches color well (green ball, yellow accents, red to match the eyes), but between the color and effect, I put Nest Ball ahead of Friend.
>>
>>30443290
Get a shiny Deino and use a Luxury Ball.
>>
>>30424097
Wat. Love Ball? Where do we get that? I thought I had all the Apricorn Balls. Did fucking Kurt came to give us that one?
>>
Best ball for shiny mimikyu? I'm genuinely at a loss.
>>
>>30441570
All the best, I can feel your list will be widespread over the internet for this new Gen of Balltism. Thank you for your effort, OP.
>>
>>30424097
What's your opinion on hacked-in Dream Balls, op? They don't trigger the anti-cheat like cherish balls, apparently
>>
>>30444697
Timer ball, since he is aged.
>>
>>30444672
Nigger Oak in Malie City
>>
>>30444697
Premier Ball
>>
>>30444756
Which Samson gives the level ball and for which pokémon? That's the last one I need
>>
>>30444796
Mount Hokulani
>>
does anyone have the google docs spreadsheet with recommended balls for the entire dex
>>
I've been breeding for a shiny cutiefly in a heal ball for like 2 days. Thank God this thread reminded me the love ball exists before I got it.
>>
>>30445031
I think someone posted it in the last thread...try the archive?
>>
what ball is best for shiny zard y
>>
>>30445937
Luxury
>>
Ball for Alolan Dugtrio? Level?
>>
Best Lunala ball?
>>
>>30446689
Moon Ball for theme, Master Ball for color.
>>
Guys, what works for a shiny Electivire?
>>
>>30447624
I went for an Ultra Ball
>>
>>30447949
I can see it, but what about a Quick ball?
>>
Best ball for the Tapus?
>>
I'm thinking Time Ball Drampa.
>>
File: 4 reference.jpg (67KB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
4 reference.jpg
67KB, 1024x670px
>>30447991
still ultra

>>30449849
check >>30378049
>>
Are super balls good for Vikavolt?
>>
>>30450018
Thanks for posting this, as these show the true colors, not what in the sprites and dream world art (which is often different, ie reds show as orange in sprites).
>>
Bruxish in Heal Ball? It matches color (pinkish-purple, yellowish tan, blue) and the release animation is pink, too, which fits well.
>>
>>30442846
How do you inject them?
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01764.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01764.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
pls help is there any Hoenn(except for the luxury ball 'cause its hard af to make) or Johto balls left here,i'll credit you
If you are correct,then
what's your favorite pokeball?
>>
>>30450628
...dafuq?
>>
>>30450717
I'm making them on a pixel art program
>>
So starting January it's possible to get HA Johto and Unova (Sheer Force Totodile and Contrary Snivy) in non-Pokeballs, right?
>>
Hey guys, I genned in all the apricorn balls earlier. I noticed I could also do the safari and sport balls. I didn't think they'd work, but surprisingly, the safari balls work. Have any of you guys noticed this.
>>
>>30450492
In addition to Bruxish, what ball works for Palossand?
>>
What's everyone like for Pesudo's?

I've got friend ball Tyranitar, Great Ball Salamence, and Luxury Ball Hydregion waiting in bank and I have BB Beldum and Heavy Ball Jangmo-o ready to transfer to my second playthrough.

What's everyone like for Dragonite (maybe Fast ball) and Goodra? I plan on getting Lure Ball Gible at some point.
>>
>>30451015
Kommo-o is objectively the best match for the luxury ball
>>
>>30450914
Palossand -- Level Ball, maybe? Sprite form shows tan, black for flavor, and the red part can represent the shovel? The animation is blue, which is okay seeing as it's a sandcastle and found by the water?

Any other anons wanna chime in?
>>
>>30450914
Luxury
>>
>>30451846
Even for non-shiny, you think?
>>
File: starmie.png (82KB, 306x191px) Image search: [Google]
starmie.png
82KB, 306x191px
Does Starmie look good in a Moon Ball, if not, then which one?
>>
>>30451922

Dive for water, master for purpleness, BB for Alien look.
>>
so basically do I just soft reset if the one ball I have fails to catch it?

That seems a little crazy.
>>
/vp/ Halp. Shiny Mareanie Which ball?
>>
>>30452359
Yep. That's why it sucks that we only get one of each apricorn ball.

Or, alternatively, inject.
>>
>>30452359

Yup, catch once and breed from there, they want balltists trading to each other.
>>
>>30452487
>>30452480
catching tapus are hard enough as it is

I might just inject, they might not even have the right nature.
>>
>>30452524

Fill your dex to increase your critical capture rates to make it easier if its low priority.
>>
>>30424097
>buy thousands upon thousands of pokeballs with the thriftmart coupon
>sell all the pokeballs back at regular price
>catch everything in the aryan premier balls
I can hear Hitler whispering in my ear.
>>
>>30424097
>Shiny Sylveon in Best Ball
How good is it?
>>
For shiny Vikavolt: Friend Ball? Or Premier Ball?
>>
>>30452813

Premier
>>
>>30428793
>plebeians who won't use an ultra ball on a black and yellow pokemon or a great ball on a blue and red pokemon because they have PTSD from seeing those balls used just for effectiveness
>>
>>30453121
People are weird. If it fits, it fits.

Ultra Ball is literally perfect for A-Golem.
>>
Premier Balls for both Passimian and Oranguru?
>>
>>30453814

Heal ball might be better for Oranguru.
>>
>>30453855
Was considering it, but I'm not sure if it's purple enough.
>>
Best for Golisopod?
>>
>>30454636

Premier.
>>
File: BUG GUY.jpg (30KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
BUG GUY.jpg
30KB, 400x240px
>Can't cherish ball BIG GUY

What's the next best thing?
>>
>>30454636
I like Premier for shiny, Net for normal.
>>
>>30454831
Repeat. Colors pair great, plus the circle pattern matches with its design.
>>
>>30453814
I might go Heal for Oranguru and Friend or Nest for Passimian, leaning towards Nest.
>>
Island Scan time: Samurott.

Obvious Dive Ball or is there a better option?
>>
Help me decide what ball for Toucannon. I'm between Repeat ball and Timer Ball.
>>
>>30456150
Anyone?

>>30457030
I ended up going Repeat, but Timer was a really close second. I might end up catching another in a Timer Ball, actually.
>>
>>30457642
Quick Ball
>>
>>30447991
I'm gonna go with a level ball.
>>
>>30454636
I like nest, but I like most bugs in it honestly.
>>
>>30450018
Alright, what's your opinion on Level ball?, I know it doesn't match the blue, but there could be a nice contrast.
>>
>>30458156
But there's no red on the shiny
>>
>>30458961
Yeah, but I prefer the yellow of the Level ball.
>>
Redpill me on balltism.
>>
>trying to catch chansey in love ball
i want to die
>>
>>30459299
Basically it's just trying to put Pokemon into certain balls, usually basing it on the pokemons appearance and trying to match it to a balls appearance and effect. It's gotten better this gen especially now since we can not transfer and Males now pass down the ball they are in if breeding with a ditto and there is only one of each of the apricot balls in the game, and the new Beats ball which is stupidly hard to get a regular Pokemon in.

Also Since you said "Redpill me" Just trust me when I say it is a conspiracy made by the Jewish overlords.
>>
>>30430112
Beast ball
>>
>tfw still debating whether to go Premier Ball or Diveball on Ninetails
>>
>>30461715
Premier. Always premier. Dive is for the ocean SIR.
>>
>>30461715
Snowball
>>
I asked this a couple threads back but had no luck. Any ideas for which ball for Gengar?
>>
>>30462203
Dusk. I like the effect. If you are looking something that matches, a masterball. If you can manage it, a dream ball from gen 5 would be good.
>>
File: 21946911.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
21946911.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
what would you put a shiny mimikyu in? It literally doesn't fit with anything
I was thinking maybe level ball or friend ball just because, but I got no clue
>>
>>30462544
Give it a ball like it was a pikachu. It will make it happy.
>>
>>30436469
Totodile
>>
>>30465010
Okay, and how the fuck does that work?
>>
>>30465504
Oh shit right, island scan. My bad, a bit drunk.
>>
Does the nest ball even work? All <level 10-20 pokemon escape from it when trash like great balls works
>>
Best Ball for Pangoro? Anyone?
>>
>>30465977
Luxury or premier if shiny.
>>
>>30462544
Love ball because cute.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.