[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You want the franchise to have more deuteragonist characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

File: 1480478270567.png (314KB, 640x488px) Image search: [Google]
1480478270567.png
314KB, 640x488px
You want the franchise to have more deuteragonist characters like N or Lillie going forward?
>>
>>30423380
N was hardly a deutagonist, you barely saw him and he was the villain for most of the story until the end. Lillie was handled very well.
>>
No but I want more cutie legends like Squishy and Nebby.
>>
>>30423380
>like N
No
>Lillie
Yes
>>
File: 200px-XY_Serena.png (61KB, 200x376px) Image search: [Google]
200px-XY_Serena.png
61KB, 200x376px
No we need characters with actual personality and likability like serena and the other 3 friends. N and Lillie were so damn boring and unoriginal.
>>
File: Reaction-pic---Crying-meme.jpg (149KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction-pic---Crying-meme.jpg
149KB, 700x700px
>>30423380
GO FUCK YOURSELF FOR THIS FUCKING SPOILER.

HOLY SHIT.

I HAD NO IDEA LILLIE WAS A BAD CHARACTER. SHE WAS STEALING POKEMON FROM THE EVIL TEAM IN THE START OF THE GAME AND YOU FUCKING NEEED TO MAKE A ASTUPID THREAD ABOUT THIS SHIT.

I HATE YOU ANON AND THAN KYOU FOR YOU RUINING MY GANER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30423425
wew lad
>>
>>30423423
t. Serena
>>
>>30423423
>the other 3
>likable
Serena was only good because after losing so many times she basically submitted herself to your every desire.
>>
File: 1479850766070.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1479850766070.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>30423423
>likability
>serena and the other 3 friends
>>
>>30423425
Lillie is a good guy, anon. OP is just comparing two very different characters.
>>
>>30423423
It's so easy to spot bait now, have a pity (you)
>>
>>30423423
>Ruined by Ashnime, Fatass One Move Roserade Trainer, Ugly Ginger Shot Nerd, Sweet Brown Loli Forced Love Interest
>Personality and likeable
What is wrong with you.
>>
>>30423425
>connecting to the internet at all before you finish the game
Top wew
>>
>>30423380

I dunno, Black/White was pushing it with N as it was...but I just wanted Lillie to leave me alone. I don't really the concept of making your journey based on invasive cutscene NPCs.
>>
>>30423380
Too many cutscenes. Dear god please no more cutscenes
>>
>>30423380
If they're going to continue to have plots with a bit more depth than a shallow puddle while still sticking with a silent, self-insert protgaonist then I think it's a necessity to have a deuteragonist/other supporting characters to drive the story forward.
>>
>>30423425
>Anon: Hurr durr you deserved it for not finishing the ga-
Stfu, hypothetical anon.
As for Spoiler victim anon, sorry, mate. That definitely sucks. Thankfully, there is a sidequest story, but I'm not gonna spoil anything because I'm not a faggot like OP.

I hope you have a nice playthrough and a nice day, anon :)
>>
>>30423425

A deuteragonist is the word used to describe the second most important protagonist after the main antagonist. The character that gets just as much if not more build up and pay off than the actual protagonist, and takes large chunks of story time for his or her own development.

Lillie isn't a bad guy, ya dingus.
>>
Why not make the protagonist more similar to the Persona protagonists or even Link? P4 and P5's protagonists both emote and have clearly defined personalities and Link has been expressive as fuck since Wind Waker. Breath of the Wild Link has a wide range of expressions.
>>
>>30423620
They should already be doing this but instead we get :^) all the time
>>
N was fine in the sense it had a lead up to one of the best storyline battles between the two Legendaries.

Lillie is cute but godamn she LATCHES ONTO YOU like no tomorrow, it would have been more bearable if you ended up trying to lead by example and helping her become a trainer under your already inexperienced wing since she seems so keen and inspired by you.

When I heard "OK IT'S Z-TIME......AND I GOT FUCKING MAX REPELS" I just facepalmed, GET A POKEMON TO FIGHT WITH.
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 1280x1024px
>>30423380
No.

And I liked Lillie to an extent

N was partially so good because he was never before done. He talked so different and a bit autistic almost, they even gave him some characterization though his math obsession and giving him a faster text. Clash of ideals and his slow denial of appricating Pokemon. And his Pokemon appricating him

On top of being a rival and the driving force of the story. But not having the plot entirely revolve around him.

SM made me feel like I was watching the Adventures of Lillie. BW made me feel apart of a story

N also has the benefit from having BW2 and seeing his growth along with some behind the scenes in memory link.

not to mention N actually battles you
>>
File: daughterfu.jpg (98KB, 446x653px) Image search: [Google]
daughterfu.jpg
98KB, 446x653px
>>30423620
Even Xenoblade X had expressions for its silent protags
>>
>>30423620
Link still usually has a companion character to speak on his behalf when necessary in the more story-driven games.
Can't speak for Persona as I've never played it.
>>30423671
Don't act like that wasn't the most hilarious shit in the game, even if it wasn't intentional. Made the player character look like a total psycho.
>>
>>30423461
Serena only got lot that because you kept bullying her. Stop being an ass
>>30423461
>>30423471
>>30423497
Shauna Tierno and Trevor had goals they dream of achieving. Not the games fault you call couldn't see or understand them. So sick of people hating on XY over nothing.
>>
>>30423471
yet the autists keep replying
>>
File: tmp_6903-5bc-1253159425.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6903-5bc-1253159425.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>30423423
>>
>>30423380
Sure, but they gotta pace their appeaances
>>
>>30423380
N was not a deuteragonist
>>
If they are well written, yes. I like the idea of N and Lillie, its just that the way their stories were told kind of sucked.
>>
>>30423700
And now I want a game with a Lillie like character, but you actually guide them and essentially help build their team. You can guide them to catching certain Pokemon (e.g. "Wow, the mantis is cute, but so is the pink fruit..." "Go with mantis"), and could give chances of just gifting them Pokemon outright, in which case the Pokemon's only traits that would change would be EVs if they are not maxed out and level as "You don't change a gift"

And then post game have their AI trainable. More you fight them, the more they learn how to use their Pokemon

Would almost make up for them inevitably leaving out the Battle Frontier again
>>
I hated Lillie. Stop being such a fucking wuss.
>>
File: 1469710190175.jpg (23KB, 399x299px) Image search: [Google]
1469710190175.jpg
23KB, 399x299px
>>30423423
>personality
>likability
>serena and the other 3 friends

pick one
>>
>>30423700
>2017
>Pokémon Red 2 and Green 2 announced
>Lillie is the rival character
>>
>>30423380
No thanks. I like worldbuilding and hidden lore much more than character development, at least in Pokémon games.
>>
>>30423380
Only if they fulfill a gameplay mechanic.

Heck even that guy with glasses who lurked in pokemon arenas and game corner from RGY was a better deuteragonist than Lillie.
>>
Like N: yes
Like Lillie: no

I actually find it annoying how a portion of the game is just you being her body guard.
>>
What I want more is the protag to have more personality
>>
If they're going to latch an npc onto the plot, it would be much better to make them a permanent party member instead of using them as a recurring roadblock

Colosseum and the mystery dungeons did it pretty well, maybe they could use it as an excuse to have doubles as the standard format in a mainline game for once by giving them their own team or splitting your team of six into 3 on each side
>>
I'd rather them handle it well this time.

I liked Lillie but I honestly can see why people are labelling her as a Mary Sue.

She wasn't handled properly and instead of becoming a deuteragonist it feels more like you and Lillie did a role swap during the second half. Lillie taking over doesn't happen as soon as some anons are saying but it does happen and it can be annoying. The game does these little things like making her flute be the one that requires a chosen person and Hapu talking about her as if she were a lifetime friend and implying that you should be glad she's your friend, which ARE indeed traits of a Mary Sue.
>>
>>30425119
Who?
>>
>>30424852
I wouldn't mind this actually.

Speaking of which....do Red/Blue say anything to you if you bring them a pokemon which has been traded forward from FR/LG?
>>
>>30423403
lol N was the deutagonist. I can argue that Steven was tin ORAS too.
>>
>>30425710
The guy who stands in every gym in most of the games and gives you advice

You know, "Hey, champ-in-the-making!", that guy
>>
>>30423409
N is much more interesting than Lillie, the generic shy forced waifu.
>>
Does Lillie say anything to you if you stick the mascot legendary with the name she has been calling it?
>>
>>30425752
>Fujobait is more interesting than waifubait
Its funny that you actually think this
>>
Lillie is the best written character in Pokemon to date, though. Actually a legitimately good depiction of an abused child. The only problem was the pacing of the game. They should have spread out the Lillie scenes instead of shoving them all in island four and making it feel as if she had taken over the game. Island 2 had very little Lillie stuff, for example.
>>
>>30425710
The unsung hero without a name.
>>
>>30425854
Honestly around the 3rd island I was expecting N to show up with all the previous game cameos that had been going on. He'd have quite an interesting meeting with her.
>>
File: 718.png (905KB, 2216x2488px) Image search: [Google]
718.png
905KB, 2216x2488px
>>30423404
My nigger.
>>
>>30425854
Lillie's writing is not better than Silver.
>>
>>30425660
I thought Hapu just thought Lillie was cute and was possibly gay for her.
>>
File: 1479604823085.png (296KB, 575x807px) Image search: [Google]
1479604823085.png
296KB, 575x807px
>>30423380
No, I just want more Lillie
>>
>>30426065
Yeah that's what they were going for, but at that point in the story the Lillie bits were arguably at its worst.

Of course I didn't hate it but the fact that so much Lillie praisal is crammed into a tiny part of the story makes her role much more annoying than it should have been.

A bit unrelated but I'd rather see the MC have emotions if they're going to keep fumbling the ball with deuteragonists.
>>
>>30424115
deuteragonists of pokemon:
Gen 1: Blue
gen 2: Silver
gen 3: Steven
gen 4: :x Can be a lot characters, best wait for the remakes. But for now i'd say Cynthia or Barry.
gen 5: N
gen 6: ??
Gen 7: Lillie
>>
>Silver, N and Lillie
3 of the deuteragonists had abusive or neglectful parents.
>>
>>30423423
god, those were the worst companions/rivals in any of the games
>>
N was cool, Lillie sucks.

Want more N, much less Lillie.
>>
>>30427259
As said above, Lillie would have been much better if she actually tried to learn to fight with a pokemon like you are, instead of just buying Max Repels with Pokedollars she doesn't have.

Wait, how DID she afford it?
>>
>>30427259
>N was cool, Lillie sucks

Both were uninteresting Mary Sues, but at least Lillie is waifubait, which makes here better than fujoshit.
>>
>>30427520
actually i don't see N as a mary sue. But Lillie is one, for sure. I still kinda of like her.
>>
>>30424115
N was definitely a deuteragonist. The way he got the box legendary that best fit the name of the game (Black=Zekrom and White=Reshiram) definitely gave me the vibe that he was supposed to be the second most important character in the game.
>>
>N and Lillie are Mary Sues
The word has lost all meaning.
>>
>>30427470
Same way gladion bought 2 years of a tourist trap hotel room
By stealing mama's money
>>
>>30423380

I'd like more characters like Lillie going forward, yes.

Ideally we'd start getting more proactive protagonists too (goddamn it, MC, you had to say something when Lillie was leaving - it would've reduced the heartbreak a little).
>>
>>30423380
Idk why but this scene was a lot sadder with Lunala. Maybe it's the night making it seem that way.
>>
File: 1480523809409.jpg (11KB, 295x223px) Image search: [Google]
1480523809409.jpg
11KB, 295x223px
>>30427470
By giving Kukui "services", what else?
>>
>>30423620

Even an expressive silent protag can only push the story forward so much.

If Gamefreak wants story, they need Lillie like deuteragonists, or comepletely reworking the type of main characters they give us.
>>
>>30428094
Much of SM's story involves the player character because of the connection with Lillie. You wouldn't have to go to Ultra Space if you never met Lillie. You could consider Lillie a deuteragonist.

The BW player character has their own story that happens to involve Team Plasma and N. N serves as a prominent antagonist until the very end.
>>
>>30423423
>serena
>the other 3 friends
>likable
>>
>>30428353
She is a Deuteragonist, but she's a hell of an annoying one.
>>
>>30428789
Shauna was alright, she even gives you an egg from her starter and asks for you to give her one in return.
That made her the best of that game, Serena just moaps all the time though.
>>
>>30423423
Unless we're talking about Serena from the anime, then fine, I could see some form of argument. But Serena from the game? No, she had no personality.
>>
>>30423579
Why though? The game has been out for nearly 2 weeks. What do people expect?
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.