[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hyper Training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: 456456456.jpg (139KB, 1603x836px) Image search: [Google]
456456456.jpg
139KB, 1603x836px
>The thing with Hyper Training is that the boost is superficial. The actual IVs of the Pokémon do not get increased, merely they give the appearance of having maximum.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT?

You have to do all that grinding to get your Pokemon to have perfect IVs and its not even real? Does that mean if I trade them or send them up to the next generation their IVs will be reverted back to their natural state?
>>
Yeah, as soon as I read that bullshit I lol'd and decided not to bother whoring after gold bottlecaps. What the fuck is the point of perfect IV pokemon you can't even breed for more? Garbage.
>>
>>30422505
Why did they even add this feature if they are going to half ass it?
>>
>>30422325
Later generations will likely have a similar system, but given Game Freaks track record on removing cool features, I would not be suprised if they did remove it.

However, focus on now. It's a brand new generation. Now you can easily have legendaries with perfect stats or pokemon with perfect stats and the Hidden Power of your choice.
>>
>>30422325
>>30422505
>>30422561
>Not wanting 6IV HP fighting.
Hope you enjoy missing.
>>
>>30422325
Yet it boosts that stat, so if you transfer it the stat change will likely remain there.
>>
It would have made more sense if the aether foundation was behind this mechanic, lore wise through genetic engineering to change IVs, instead of some guy in a mall.
>>
It makes scamming with shit Dittos more fun.
>>
I mean I just want the stat change thats all
>>
>>30422505

Fixing legendaries and an alternate way to get hidden power alongside maxed stats.
>>
>>30422626
I dont think so. Im pretty sure it only works in the game it was trained in
>>
>>30422325
I figure the reason the IVs themselves dont increase is so that you cant use the pokemon you hypertrain as a prized bull to breed perfect IV supermons. I'd assume that the stat changes would carry over if you were to transfer it to the next gen game
>>
>>30422561
No fucking clue. It's so stupid. Probably more handholding trash, watch the comp circuit get flooded with children's bottlecap'd mons and ruin it for everyone else too
>>
How do I into farming bottle caps?
>>
>>30422561
I don't believe they half assed it. I think it's intended so you keep breeding and using the caps instead of just making a perfect ditto and going from then on
>>
>>30422686
This. Thank you. It's awesome to not soft reset legendaries.
>>
>>30422686
True nuff. That's p much the only purpose I see it serving- mons that are unbreedable/annoying to get great IVs on.
>>
>>30422753
There is no reliable way.
>>
>>30422325
>Does that mean if I trade them or send them up to the next generation their IVs will be reverted back to their natural state?

No? The data for which stats are Hyper Trained is stored with the Pokémon, not the save file. Trading doesn't reset it and there's no reason to assume transferring will either.

Even if they go full retard and remove the ability to Hyper Train in gen 8, I seriously doubt they'd be dumb enough to remove the existing flags from transferred mons. I mean gen 5 didn't have Contests and they still kept the contest stats on transferred mons back then, I don't see why this would be any different.

>b-but le ebin removing features meme

Yeah, we know, they're retarded. But they're not THAT retarded.
>>
>>30422745
? I.V.'s don't make nearly the difference you seem to think it does. It's not gonna make a no shit player suddenly amazing you know.
>>
>>30422686
I got some shinies during breeding who would be shit because of their IVs. Hyper training is great for this.
>>
>>30422745
>actually thinking not everyone already hacks for perfect IVs anyway
>>
>>30422834
Building off of this, it's also good for UBs and Legendaries since you aren't forced into soft reset hell
>>
>>30422761
>>30422697
True
>>
>>30422660
It's not genetic engineering, that's why is doesn't effect breeding. Anyone who seriously expected TRAINING to affect breeding is a moron.
>>
>>30422834
This is probably the single biggest reason to use bottlecaps at all. A 6 IV Ditto will get you a Pokemon with usable IV's in half an hour. Natures being the only thing part of a Pokemon you have to grind for now is a tremendous improvement over previous generations. And since Synchronize ups the chance of a specific nature for wild Pokemon, and the Everstone lets you pass on the specific nature, unusable shinies are almost a thing of the past.

Yes, it could be better, but as long as Hidden Power is tied to IV's this is a good solution. And it lets ultra minmaxers have max IV's while still getting proper HP values.
>>
>>30422882
Yeah, I soft resetted for Tapu Koko with HP(ice). And Hyper Training allows me to have perfect IVs while having proper HP. It's great honestly.
>>
>>30422874
ngl I plan to get my old 3ds working for pkhex as soon as humanly possible so I could give a fuck less, but I still thought it was stupid at first, until being reminded of fixing legendaries/shinies
>>
Breeding is still faster than farming 30 shards per stat.
>>
>>30422886
But IVs are essentially the Pokemon's individual genetics. How do you train that?
>>
>>30422834
>hatch shiny Contrary Snivy
>missing about half its IVs in SpAtk but has HP Fire
>bottlecaps raise in-battle stats but keep the Hidden Power
Muy bueno.
>>
>>30423049

> Pokemon Sapphire
> Encounter a shiny Swablu
> Modest Nature(Not that I cared at the time)
> Named it Goldy
> Always transfered it over and saved it when I started a new game in Sapphire
> Has been with me trough all events, faced Red at Mt.Silver and the Arceus event etc.
> Used it vs friends in Colosseum
> Used it against people in PBR online
> Has a fuckload of ribbons
> Reset its EVs in X/Y and EV trained it properly
> Recieves a fucking Mega in ORAS
> IVS are horrid

This is going to make me sound like an autistic faggot but I swear I have a bond with this thing. It has always been with me in every Pokemon game since Sapphire. Walking around with it in HG/SS was cool as fuck. And now I can make it a proper battle ready mon. I always back it up to bank if I am not using it in fear of a cart fucking up.

What a long strange trip it has been, Goldy.
>>
>>30422325

> Does that mean if I trade them or send them up to the next generation their IVs will be reverted back to their natural state?

no, it just means that you can't pass the IVs down by breeding, and that your hidden power won't change type.

jesus christ you fucking autist, calm your shit.
>>
Trading doesn't remove the flag you fucking retards.

The only thing this does is to make breeding harder.
>>
>>30423430
>makes breeding harder

literally how
>>
File: 1430835534610.png (2MB, 802x802px) Image search: [Google]
1430835534610.png
2MB, 802x802px
Who /enjoys breeding/ here?
>>
>>30423487
I would /enjoy breeding/ if Ledbyabot hadn't gone down literally the same day that I found out about it.
>>
>>30423487
I just started breeding for IVs and stuff, seems pretty cozy.
>>
>>30423487
Pretty comfy to me, I was breeding before I even got into IVs and shinies. This is still bullshit.
>>
>>30423487
the last time I bred seriously was gen 4. Gen 7 is actually like using cheats in comparison. It's great.
>>
>>30423383
I have a trash swellow that i do that with in every game since sapphire as well. What a real nigga
>>
File: 653[1].jpg (135KB, 850x670px) Image search: [Google]
653[1].jpg
135KB, 850x670px
>>30423487
Hell yeah. Breeding is comfy as fuck. At the tail end of Gen 6 I bred a few boxes full of good IV'd mons. All these little hatchlings are waiting for the trip to Alola.

>>30423519
>Ledbyabot

wat
>>
>>30423487
I breed teams then never use them to battle
>>
File: Bull Simulator 2016.gif (2MB, 560x430px) Image search: [Google]
Bull Simulator 2016.gif
2MB, 560x430px
>>30423487
>>
>>30422325
it means you can have whatever HP you like and still have the performance od 31IV, also it's easier than breeding.
>>
>>30422930
still is a bitch because s.o.s. calls when you want a HA rare mon
>>
>>30423867
Someone set up a GTS bot that would trade out 6IV Dittos in exchange for Ledybas. A few days ago it crashed at the owner hasn't reset it.
>>
>>30422325
I imagine the buff will probably last throughout newer games like PP Up does.

Best part of this is that it doesn't change characteristics though. Now my Pokémon can have a much more diverse pool of traits rather than being limited to just six.
>>
>>30422886
>what is epigenetics
>>
>>30424075
anon
you can finally have a lucario that's proud of its power
>>
File: Leaf Crown.jpg (324KB, 925x682px) Image search: [Google]
Leaf Crown.jpg
324KB, 925x682px
>>30424325
I don't want that, but I did spend a good 15 or so hours soft resetting in FireRed for a Timid Mewtwo that's often lost in thought.

Pic related, it's when it was in HGSS. It's currently in OR waiting for the Pokébank update so it can go to Alola for hyper training and the champion ribbon.
>>
>>30422886
>>30423025
Professor Lamarck when?
>>
In IV Checker, how do you recognize if something has been hyper trained? Incase you get things like that from trading.
>>
>>30424586
It says "Hyper Trained!" instead of Perfect or whatever.
>>
>>30424497
Why often lost in thought? Genuinely curious why you wanted that characteristic.
>>
File: Unknown Dungeon.jpg (26KB, 638x349px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown Dungeon.jpg
26KB, 638x349px
>>30424688
I think Mewtwo is very confused as to why it exists and contemplates its life and purpose a lot. I like the calmer movie Mewtwo more as opposed to the berserk monster in the games and Origins, but both are cool.

If I had gotten "likes to fight" any time during my soft reset spree I would have went with it, but that didn't happen so often lost in thought it is.
>>
File: 250px-349Feebas[1].png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-349Feebas[1].png
51KB, 250x250px
>>30424834
I had a Feebas wich had "somewhat vain"
Like mate, i'm all for feeling comfortable in your body, but damn.
>>
>>30422753
I got some while fishing for Dhelmise
>>
>>30423487
I breed for competitive teams then gawk when I get a 6IV shiny because today I'm lucky I guess
>>
>you need to spent 5+ hours to level up one 100lvl pokemon
>>
>>30423383
>hatch a shiny in gen 6
>exact gender, nature, and ability I needed
>but it was missing a specific IV
>now hyper training makes it so it's no longer a problem

Feels good man.
>>
>>30422753

Build a competitive team to sweep the tree. Get a sweep of 30 every day.
>>
>>30425403
Spend 5 hours looking for a few rank 5 restaurants and you can do it in an hour.
>>
The only thing I care about are the IVs. Whether I get them through bottle caps or breeding doesn't matter to me. As long as the IVs act the same way as if I bred them that's all I care about.

Besides, I can always just inject gold bottle caps anyway so all I have to worry about is the nature and egg moves.
>>
>>30422325

How is that bullshit? There's nothing wrong with the system. It's a better alternative to breeding that allows you to keep the Hidden Power of your choosing and allowing you to take any Pokemon, shiny or no, with the right nature and make it into a perfect fighter.

Chaining for shinies before usually only meant you could get a trophy mon that isn't passable for competitive. Now you can make it so.
>>
File: 1047mountain_biking.jpg (95KB, 629x600px) Image search: [Google]
1047mountain_biking.jpg
95KB, 629x600px
>>30423487
>Haven't touched PvP in years and don't intend to.
>Still spend countless hours breeding super pokes.
>>
>>30425669

Similar boat here but I enjoy the desperate clawing to beat battle facilities.
>>
>>30422325
>>30422505
You know this is actually good because of how Hidden Power works?
This means you can literally stop breeding at the first type of HP you want no matter how shitty you go your IVs because you don't have to perfectly breed shit to spreads like 31 30 23 31 31 30 (probably doesn't match any important HP, I just threw numbers here because I'm lazy).

But of course you need to complain about everything.
>>
File: 7ef.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7ef.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>30422753
>>30422773
There is actually, but requires a community and organization /vp/ doesn't have.

Read http://nuggetbridge.com/blogs/entry/2204-bottle-caps-farming-the-plaza-is-now-convenient/

If we had a decent general about this you could easily farm bottle caps fast, as long you have FC (which you can leech off other people playing minigames) anyway.
>>
File: 1390652062784.png (253KB, 1326x934px) Image search: [Google]
1390652062784.png
253KB, 1326x934px
>>30424497
Hi man, long time no see.
>>
>>30424497
>>30424834
PROUD
>>
Is there anywhere to see what the 3 different shades of each dye shop look like?

Trying to figure out which colors I should be hunting for and if 5 star is even worth it.
>>
>>30425850
OF
>>
>>30425842
Not that guy. I don't like Lucario and I wouldn't use Pokémon without my OT.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.