[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 16

File: Unpopular opinion.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Unpopular opinion.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
Generation ratings are welcome

I played through gen 5 three times (one being a W2 nuzlocke that was recent) and I didn't enjoy the game that much. The pixels suck and I wasn't too keen of the pokemon coming out at that time. The only good thing about the game was the competitive scene and the seasons

I really enjoyed gen 7 a lot. I loved the team I had and the whole region felt really comfy. Was the first time I genuinely enjoyed a game that hard since HGSS, which is my favorite game

Gen 6 has some great music tracks and did bring us the PSS,dex nav, and poke finder, which I missed in this game

The current competitve scene is the worst ever. Everyone uses the same shit and I see very few actual unique teams

Gen 7=Gen 4>Gen 3>=Gen2>Gen 5>Gen 1>>>>>>>>Gen 6
>>
Almost none of these are unpopular
>>
>>30419277
Post some of your own. I dunno gen 5 gets tons of love here.
>>
>>30419320
Gen 5 was awful, liking it is a fucking meme.
>>
File: BeV0S4y2DF3NF1abb3Fa8REU.jpg (807KB, 2864x1720px) Image search: [Google]
BeV0S4y2DF3NF1abb3Fa8REU.jpg
807KB, 2864x1720px
While the Gen 5 and 7 stories are fine, my favorite Pokemon stories are Platinum and HGSS. I love the lower stakes and less interconnected Johto story, and I just like what happened in Sinnoh.

The personality in Alola saves it, because judging purely the overworld, I would not have liked it as a region.

Also Trials weren't that good.

Hoenn really does have took much water.

My fav method of EV training is Join Avenue.

One positive I can give ORAS is being one of the best games for training and leveling up Pokemon.

I don't like how the Ace Trainers look in Kalos or Alola.

>>30419210
Decent opinions, honestly.
>>
XY are my favourite, because I think that they brought new mechanics which the franchise really needed
>>
Let's talk about Emerald, shall we?

>Scott and phone calls regularly interrupt the story, breaking pacing and slowing progression
>several story moments were needlessly elongated
>worse of all, the merge between story and gameplay is ruined in the climax, due to the final fight against the Legendaries being taken out of your hands, Rayquaza doing it all for you

Ignoring story elements:
>animated intro sprites make battles take longer
>no contests at all until Lilycove
>Wallace is a shit champion, even matching types with one of the gym leaders

Battle Frontier was a fun distraction, and the expanded Pokédex was appreciated, but I prefer the original Ruby and Sapphire by a long shot.
>>
I like every gen
>>
Gen 5 will forever be one of the most forgetful gens for me. I went through it and saw also many LP's and just dot get the appeal of the story or anything. N was a cool character and one of my favorites ever, but that's that

Waifufags deserve to be perged

Say whatever you want about the entire "muh Speed" thing, I will never stop loving mons like Vikavolt which are good if you have at least half a neuron and know how to build a mon. This is also what I feel was what separated those that liked mons just for hype and those that trully love the mon, like Gengar losing Levitate, only does love it sticked with it

I won't ever stop hating Gen 2 just because of how much wasted potential it was. Most of the mons were gladly fixed in Gen 4, but before then it was probably one of the worst dexes ever

Autists can sperg all they want, I still count Alolan mons as new mons, why should I ever listen to some random people on a image board from the vastness of the internet and not to the people that made these games
>>
>>30419700
me too anon
>>
>>30419704
The people who make the games have never called Regional Variants new Pokemon a single time.

In their very first appearance, the trailer starts with "certain Pokemon are thriving in Alola" and giving you the new forms, followed by "new Pokemon Appeared" and showing the Generation 7 Pokemon.

The distinction only continued from there.
>>
ChickenxLillie>>>>>>>>>>>SunxLillie
>>
I like the Rotom Dex.
>>
File: MASTER.png (764KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
MASTER.png
764KB, 1366x768px
Pokemon Generations is actually pretty good, and the changes they've made to some scenes make them better than the original.
>>
>>30419385
>liking it is a fucking meme
No, you're just a manchild who can't accept other opinions
>>
File: 1480079484948.png (38KB, 320x243px) Image search: [Google]
1480079484948.png
38KB, 320x243px
While I think Gen 3 has many strong points and made quite some things right it is my least favourite gen just because I think the game design is horrible. I'm not a fan of how the game and sprites look and also am not fond of most of the songs.
>>
>>30419917
Like I said, I don't care and many don't seem to care either
>>
>>30419210
spongebob squarepants BfBB is the goat gamecube game
>>
>>30420040
Oh, you can not care. It does t really matter.

I'm just saying that you are saying you have GameFreak on your side and the people who call them forms are just autists, but you're just wrong since GF doesn't think they're new Mons. I'm not trying to change your mind, just clarifying GameFreak's stance

>>30420014
This is true. The best looking Gen 3 game is FRLG
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 1280x800px
I like all of the Chespin line.
>>
>>30420756
Mein neger.
>>
File: 1473699277199.png (300KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1473699277199.png
300KB, 500x338px
I unironicaly like sprites much more than 3D models, and think that the sprites had a thousand times more personality. I think people bitching about them being static or just moving slightly are memeing the fuck out of everyone else. This goes for the overworld characters too, I really do miss the Chibi sprites and am sad we won't get those ever again.

Black and White 1 are near my top of the list, but I can't like BW2 as much because the game literaly won't shut the fuck up and let you play it for more than five minutes. Sun and Moon have that problem but not nearly as grating; BW2 will NOT SHUT UP.

Johto was boring as fuck

Hoenn's water routes were baller, and Dive exploration was literaly the best overworld use of an HM since Fly

Pokemon Special is pretty cool.

Ya'll motherfuckers need to learn how to be fucking chill and have fun with pokemon. /vp/ shit's on itself way too much even by 4chan standards. Pokemon is for fun. FUN.
>>
>>30419210
I don't think that second one is unpopular here.
>>
File: image.png (627KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
627KB, 960x540px
>>30419999
Checked
>>
I don't outright hate any gen. They all have something enjoyable about them.

Pretty much all of my favorite Pokemon are from the first 3 gens, and I know that nostalgia has something to do with it, and I don't care.

My favorite games were ORAS.

I used to write Pokemon fanfiction but everyone who read it was super obnoxious and harassed me when I stopped so now I want nothing to do with the fandom/shipping side.

Leaf >>> Red
>>
File: image.png (36KB, 216x516px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
36KB, 216x516px
>>30419210
ORAS were good games, but far from great, but time devolpement was a bitch

Versus seeker is the best way to grind

Seasons and Rotations were one of the best features of gen 5

Still haven't played HGSS or SM, I don't Emulate DS games on the computer (Doesn't feel right) and I'm too lazy for playing it on cartridge.

Linearity is fine

Kanto was one of the best regions to explore

I despise most of the Alola dex especially these starters final evos

Kalos is trash and anyone who thinks Gf cared shouldn't be on /vp/

Hoenn's first half of the region is great, but I can often lose interest after Norman and the second half
>>
>>30421206
>can't comprehend someone not liking sprites so they must be memeing

Bruh I've wanted 3d models since stadium
>>
>>30421526
Oh yeah I really like sprites

Not saying models are bad, but lost some charm
>>
Lillie is a painfully generic moeblob and she is constantly forced upon you.
>>
OP has one more for the road

As someone who loves the fuck out of mermaids and cutsey shit, I'm so happy primarina is a starter. Has my 2 favorite types and is tied for best starter with empoleon, which is my favorite pokemon of all time.
>>
>>30421353
Leaf is indeed a much better design.

>>30421526
Emulate in your phone. I also think computer emulation feels bad but using my phone gives a nice handheld feel

And yeah, I lose interest in Hoenn after Fortree.

>>30421840
Lillie starts out shit, gets good, then gets bad again before the end. Every time she does her Z-Poweres shit I just roll my eyes. No, GameFreak, that isn't endearing, fuck off
>>
I say this as someone who remembers good times with Red, Blue, Stadium, Snap and Pinball.

A Kanto remake would be a waste of development time, money and resources. It's a barren region even with the plot, so vanilla it hurts and the fact that anyone thinks this would be a billion dollar idea shows just how strong a grip nostalgia has on one's perception of the truth.

It's easier to accept remakes of the DS generation or GBA games because they translate better in 3D or had much to work with and Johto worked because the GBC original deserved to be expanded upon in some fashion.

The only good part of seeing it happen is to watch some fans wind up eating crow when they find out the region isn't all that they remembered.
>>
File: cinccino.jpg (287KB, 711x797px) Image search: [Google]
cinccino.jpg
287KB, 711x797px
BW1>>>BW2

I usually only play up until the end credits then just go on showdown

Pokemon designs got a more cartoony as the generations went on this is a good thing

Sun/Moon are easily the best pokemon games to date

Eeveelutions and pikaclones are a far bigger cancer than inanimate object pokemon

Mega evolutions are the best addition to pokemon since the special/physical split
>>
>>30419704
>Waifufags deserve to be perged
>perged
>>
>>30422366
You're right, they deserve a military execution
>>
>>30419210
It feels like saying anything about Gen 5 is an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>30422322
>The only good part of seeing it happen is to watch some fans wind up eating crow when they find out the region isn't all that they remembered.

Nonsense, they'd just claim that they 'JUST COULDN'T CAPTURE THE MAGIC OF THE OLD TIMES AND THAT VIDEO GAMES ARE TRULY DEAD'.
>>
>>30422322
Most(?) people who want Kanto to come back want want a 10 years later revisit
>>
>>30419210
I really liked SM main campaign but I can't bring myself to really like them seeing how they fucked up all the features that made battling, breeding and dex completition so fun and accessible in Gen VI
>>
>>30422636
To like them as a whole*
>>
>>30419210
>>30422347
>Sun/Moon are easily the best pokemon games to date
>unpopular opinion
i think both of you are either stupid or don't know about the word unpopular.
>>
File: 250px-584Vanilluxe.png (62KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-584Vanilluxe.png
62KB, 250x250px
I genuinely love this Pokemon. I'm not joking.
>>
>>30422759
Its more of a mixed opinion than popular or unpopular
>>
>>30422498
Of course, it's very shaky middle ground.
>>
File: 1479877049756.png (92KB, 295x223px) Image search: [Google]
1479877049756.png
92KB, 295x223px
I think that ORAS were great remakes and the best games out of Gen VI
>>
>>30422788
Well guess what, faggot?

theres nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>30419210
>gen 7 top of anything
>removes national dex, four types battles(including inverse)
>ruin fishing
>lock half the megastones behind a third version that may require you to buy a home console.
I can't even call it in my top 5.

>>30422759
>i think both of you are either stupid or don't know about the word unpopular.

A lot of people are growing angry with the points said above and how gamefreak wasn't transparent about them. Locally we had a fuckton of returns.
>>
>>30422251
I haven't checked for a DS emulator on the iOS 9 like a year ago, because it ran like total shit with constant graphical glitches (which I do hear is a common occurrence with HGSS emulation)

I wonder if it's changed
>>
>>30423042
I wouldn't k ow, I just use Drastic for Android
>>
>>30423137
>tfw you're a phone casual

I'm just a cheapfag
>>
>>30422322
I don't understand the "Kanto is a boring region to explore, a remake would be a waste of time" meme. Like, yes, it is pretty boring, but isn't the whole point of a remake to fix that kind of issue? And wouldn't that mean that Kanto is the region that is in far more need of a remake?
>>
>>30423399

To be fair the HG/SS games were remakes and didn't fix anything that needed fixed in the original games.
>>
>>30423761
Oh you mean like Unknown Dungeon or Vidian Forest or repairing the safari zone or post game level scale
>>
>>30423399
Remakes didn't really fix the most glaring problems the original games had.

FRLG kind of tried to give more flesh to Kanto with the Sevii islands, but it still had the same problem of being barren of personality. The cities are still just one or two houses despite the upgrade between the original Gameboy and the GBA.
>>
There's absolutely nothing wrong with pokemon getting more and more cartoony as the generations pass. Gen I was extremely devoid of personality overall, including the pokemon included. Most of the Gen I mons nostalgiafags love are actually the more cartoony designs (Charizard, Dragonite, Gengar). I'll happily accept cartoony blobs if they're original and full of personality.
>>
I didn't really like DPPt & BW were such a huge stinker I never even tried BW2. On the other hand XY really revived my interest in the games. I know they're pretty shallow & have flaws & are generally unpopular but they were fresh to me & I really enjoyed them.
>>
File: lillie.png (218KB, 598x456px) Image search: [Google]
lillie.png
218KB, 598x456px
I think XY handled seasons much better than BW(2) did.

>You don't have to wait four whole goddamn months just to experience every season in the game, you can just play the game as fast or as slow as you want, and you're not locked out of getting certain items and Deerling formes for months
>Kalos' routes go way more all-out with the seasonal shifts than just "the grass and trees slightly change color and maybe there are some leaf piles and icy puddles here and there"

Also, I'm perfectly fine with the shift to 3D. You can cry "MUH STATIC SOULLESS IDLE STANCES" all you want, but I think it's fine that the Pokemon have various attacking and damage-taking animations, AND interactivity in Amie/Refresh. Some Pokemon that were created in gen 6 and 7 simply wouldn't have been able to get their concepts across as effectively if they were just sprites. And while gen 6 was a bit of an awkward transition, gen 7 absolutely nailed it with having fully expressive and likable characters, and I felt much closer to any of these characters than I ever did back when they were just 16x16 pixel chibis with like 3 frames of animation tops. Plus, gen 5's animated sprites were atrocious, and I'm glad we're finally rid of them.
>>
I think R/S/E was the pinnacles of Pokémon and no other Gen has come close to toppling it.

There should never have been remakes outside of HGSS

Gen VI introduced some really cool features, and is not as bad as people make it out to be.
>>
>>30423761
HGSS helped make Johto one of the best regions and fixed a tonne of GSC's problems though

>>30425292
You're locked out of Deerling forms period though. You can only get one form in XY.
>>
I can't get behind all the buzzwole dick-riding /vp/ has

I still think Bewear looks like shit
>>
>>30425590
>my shiny sawsbuck is in perma winter form
Also why hasn't GF come up with an item to change its forms?
>>
>>30425659
Agreed.
>>
Gen 1 is the most underrated generation by far. It is incredibly fun to play through and the pokemon are easily the best looking.
>inb4 not unpopular
It is unpopular all over because people are in immense back-lash over genwunners (which is understandable)

Gen 3 is terrible, and is one of the worst gens.
>Overall
5 > 7 = 1 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 6
>>
BW > BW2.

Gen 1 was horrible and the only people who still genuinely think it's the best generation in the ENTIRE franchise are just blinded by nostalgia. Simple as that. Every gen since have improved on the formula so much that they are objectively superior games.

The anime would be better off dropping Ash entirely. He's shit. They should go the Digimon route. AFAIK Digimon actually uses different characters each season, as well as letting their previous character age. They don't even have to drop pikach. Just get rid of Ash.

It's annoying how many people are okay with GF shoving greninja down our throats. The other starters deserved better.

I doubt YW really scared GF into doing anything. In fact I think it was pure coincidence. Didn't YW hit Japan in 2013. I'm sure Sun/Moon were already in development by that time.

Pokken deserved better and I hope it gets new life on the Switch.
>>
Charizard is bad.
Anyone who likes it has fucking bad taste.
>>
Pokémon Go brought way more relevant innovation than SM.

Gen1 still has the best Pokémon design by far on average.

Plot in Pokémon has always been utterly terrible, both in games and in anime.

It's time to move on from turn-based gameplay.

An equivalent to pkhex should be made available ingame, even without shiny.

There should be an option to completely remove cutscenes in the game; any tutorial information should be completely optional.
>>
>>30426826
I legitimately cannot tell if this is bait or not
>>
>>30426282
More like why havent they brought back seasons. Such a good concept that was barely explored. Maybe if they made it weekly instead of monthly so you wouldnt have to wait 3 months to get a specific form or pokemon.
>>
Hau doesn't deserve all the hate he gets
Kukui is worst professor
>>
>>30419210

Generation 6 was the worst generation by far in all elements, including impact on the meta.

Team Rocket is the second worst evil team.

I don't mind the slower Pokemon in Gen 7.
>>
>>30419999
Wasted quads. There are opinions, and there is liking things for the sake of being a contrarian, which pretty much all unovabortions are.
>>
>>30421526
>ORAS were good games, but far from great, but time devolpement was a bitch
This meme needs to stop. ORAS was developed in 1 year, just like all previous remakes and third versions. Can we stop calling them rushed, when they are not any more rushed than any previous remake?
>>
>>30427955
For the latter half of this to be true, you'd have to genuinely believe that the gen 5 games are bad in every single way with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Now, are you really telling me that your bias is so strong that you genuinely believe that to be the case? Gen 5 is nowhere near my favorite, but there hasn't been a single generation that isn't at least baseline enjoyable.
>>
>>30422347
Agreed on all. Especially the cartoony pokemon.
>>
>>30425449
The first isn't unpopular, at least I see it everywhere.
>>
>>30426826
Oh look, a bunch of bad opinions!
>>
>>30419210

I didn't even fight Red in HG because I got so bored of the game.

Oshawott is the best starter in Gen 5. On that note, when you're looking in terms of the better designed Pokemon (Reuniclus, Braviary, Galvantula, et al.), Gen 5 is pretty good.

Gen 1 didn't age well in terms of the actual game and in terms of its Pokemon.

For what it has ORAS was a good game. I'm actually a little disappointed that the PokeNav wasn't brought back for Gen 7. It made looking for Pokemon way easier.

I don't mind the games being a bit easier overall considering that my in-game teams usually aren't the best anyway, and I don't really grind very much, so they provide enough of a healthy challenge for me.
>>
>>30419210
>Look mom, I discovered spoiler text!
>>
>>30427955
>"D-d-d-d-d-d-don't have different o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-opinions to m-m-m-m-mmmmeee"
>>
FRLG Celadon city is still the best and most comfy city of all time.
>>
>>30428625
>Gen 1 didn't age well in terms of the actual game

isnt it common knowledge that the original gen 1 games were ridiculously broken combat-wise
>>
File: purugly.png (52KB, 260x251px) Image search: [Google]
purugly.png
52KB, 260x251px
Purugly is my favorite pokémon.
>>
>>30419999
quads of truth
>>30427955
dumb dubsposter
>>
All of zygarde's forms are bad.

Gen III games were the worst, and hoenn pokémon looked the worst out of all the generations.

I like lucario.
>>
File: pepe greninja.png (107KB, 666x540px) Image search: [Google]
pepe greninja.png
107KB, 666x540px
I think Ash-Greninja is a good sidegrade to Protean Greninja.

I think the Talonflame nerf was too fucking much and undeserved

i think Aegislash shouldn't be banned

I think alola forms are stupid shit

i love mega evolutions
>>
>>30422636
Agreed. Kanto currently > Another remake. Hell, id prefer a game where SS Anne/ect can go to other regions given how close they evidently are within the universe...
>>
>>30428314
>>30428707
>>30429100
>l-leave my hugbox alone!

Kek, stay salty, cucks.
>>
File: mayonaise.jpg (12KB, 296x320px) Image search: [Google]
mayonaise.jpg
12KB, 296x320px
>>30419210
I think B2W2 were unnecessary in terms of storytelling. Their predecessors ended so cleanly that a sequel felt redundant. True, the PWT, Black Tower / White Treehollow, the Dex expansion and Join Avenue were all great, but story-wise the games felt empty.

Also, the fact that you can't complete the national pokedex by default despite having all four Gen V games felt like a slap in the face.
>>
>>30429961
Fuck the cuck part, but this threads are made for this.
Let every faggot sperg here so they don't do it on other threads.
This is a sort of Moshbox.
>>
File: 1476917763955.png (143KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476917763955.png
143KB, 565x600px
>>30429961
>Offer a reasonable response to an anon who doesn't understand how his idea of an "objectively" bad game isn't true for everybody
>They greentext me back with buzzwords and stuttering because 4chan doesn't know how to refute any argument against them and thinks any contradictory opinion is a personal attack

Alrighty then.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.