[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Araquanid viable for the adventure ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 752Araquanid.png (142KB, 428x428px) Image search: [Google]
752Araquanid.png
142KB, 428x428px
>nigga learns Liquidation at Lvl. 57
>waterfall available post-game

Is running it modest+scald the only option ?
What are some other good water types in GenVII ? (My team below)
>>
6 igglybuffs
>>
File: tumblr_oh5qztuod31rinhs7o2_1280.jpg (750KB, 1280x1060px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh5qztuod31rinhs7o2_1280.jpg
750KB, 1280x1060px
>>30412191
>caring about Natures ingame
>>
>>30412191
Team planned on being used, only new mons
>>
File: 1480302679033.png (126KB, 799x587px) Image search: [Google]
1480302679033.png
126KB, 799x587px
>>30412191
>scald
>leech life
>water bubble
i'm using it right now and using another one for the next run
>>
>>30412225
Is its damage output decent ?
>>
>>30412292
It's fair throughout most of the game, and it starts to get a little subpar towards the end, but it takes hits like a champ, and it's not like it's dealing no damage at all, and the burn chance is pretty helpful. As long as you're not attacking special sponges you'll be 2HKOing things towards the end of the game, 3HKO at the very worst.
You'll have Liquidation for the league.
>>
bumb for interest
>>
>>30412218
Pleb
>>
>>30412191

Water Bubble makes water attacks of any kind hit relatively hard, you can get a good mixed set going with minimal effort.

Leech Life is key.
>>
>>30412363
This only sounds like a worse Golisopod. It also pales in comparison with Wishiwashi. I guess it's a good pivot, at least
>>
>>30412393
it's bump dummy
>>
>>30412363
I can second this. Even off its low base SPA, Water Bubble's 2x buff makes this thing 2HKO everything until very late in the game, where you're about to get Liquidation. It has great SPD, can run Leech Life + Big Root in game to keep healthy, Water STAB against rock types that hurt it, etc.

You'll be fine OP.
>>
>>30412191
If you really want at the e4 pokecenter a woman can teach a pokemon any move in its learn set no matter the level for a heart scale. Maybe ask someone in wifi general if you could trade yours and ask them to teach it liquidation?
>>
>Training up some pokemon for the fire type trial captain I'll be doing
>all the water type pokemon I have are SHIT at doing special attacks
>>
>>30412191
run leech life + careful and be a special wall
>>
>>30412478
jack of all trades, master of none
Decidueye and Kommo-o are already supposed to be mixed, and I feel like this team that'll be using can't afford another one of those
Overall, I'm missing some heavy attack mons as such as primarina, bewear or vikavolt
>>
>>30412554
On top of this, Water Bubble makes the water Z-Move hit stupidly hard because it already has high base power.
>>
>>30412593
>Wishiwashi
>>
File: 1480507392330.png (158KB, 480x587px) Image search: [Google]
1480507392330.png
158KB, 480x587px
>>30412593

>he didn't pick Popplio
>>
>>30412593
My Mudbray fucking one-shotted Totem Salazzle. Just do that.
>>
>>30412191
It's great for a more tactical approach. The problem is people usually only want to nuke their way through the game.
It gets Infestation really early on which is good for wearing things down and one you get lunge to lower their attack, just tank all their hits while they go down.
>>
>>30412514
>This only sounds like a worse Golisopod.
But without the annoying retreat.
>>
>>30413818
I'd rather have no water types at all than that thing.
>>
>>30412191
i went with golisopod and half the time i love him and the other half of the time i'm like, "why is this one of the worst water types in game"

I'd still recommend golisopod but he's more of a bug than he is aquatic even with liquidation.
>>
Thanks to everyone who used the thread
[Calcs]
When using a Water Special attack move, you can consider having at least 118 in your special attack base stat. The more EV's you get, the bigger it grows.
I'll stick with it
>>
>>30413818
He probably picked Poplio, he said all of his were shit.
>>
>>30412191

You can have it learn Liquidation as soon as you reach the Pokemon Center right before the Pokemon League. The elderly lady who serves as the move relearner will teach your Pokemon any move in its learnset-- whether your Pokemon has reached that level or not. It's still late, though. Fortunately, Water Bubble boosts Scald/Bubblebeam to the point where the damage is pretty good throughout the game despite Araquanid's low SP. ATK stat.

Best natures for it are ones that either lower SPD or SP. ATK and raise ATK, DEF, or SP. DEF.

As for other moves, Leech Life is really good as secondary STAB and it serves as Araquanid's most reliable form of recovery. It learns the screen moves, too, so it can setup on a resisted opponent and help out the rest of your team.
>>
>>30412603
if your team is only being used for story line then you're really overthinking it
i bet you could beat any of the games with 6 ledians if you tried hard enough
>>
File: file.png (20KB, 156x158px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
20KB, 156x158px
>>30413818
>
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.