[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

z-crystals singlehandedly made sm the easiest games in the franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: z crystal.png (42KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
z crystal.png
42KB, 400x240px
After Wishiwashi any totem pokemon can be killed turn 1 by just using a super effective z-move before they can act. Kahunas only use z-moves on their very obvious signature pokemon (the one in the same evolutionary family as they're with in the overworld) meaning you can just use your own z-move to one-shot the opponent's z-move user before they can use z-moves. Literally everything game freak tried to do to make the game more difficult is undone by these broken crystals, there has never been a pokemon game where I've had so few of my party pokemon faint throughout the game as Sun.
>>
>>30410090
Mimikyu

I fucking love Z moves and nothing will change it
>>
>>30410090
So don't use the fucking z-moves
>>
Upon realizing Z-Moves were broken and completely trivialized most encounters, why did you, a person who clearly craved more of a challenge, continue to abuse their incredibly easy use to plow through the game.

Or is this yet another "complain about bad decisions I personally made in the game and deflect all blame when my experience was sub-par" episode?
>>
Yeah op why the hell are you using z moves in every battle? I restrict usage of it to big battles where it doesn't always one shot
>>
>>30410122
>t-turn off the exp share!
>d-don't use z-moves!
>d-don't use healing items mid-battle!
>s-see guys, pokemon is finally difficult, sm saved the franchise!
>>
File: 1476157843783.png (80KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1476157843783.png
80KB, 211x244px
>>30410163
>>
File: 0000.png (164KB, 306x246px) Image search: [Google]
0000.png
164KB, 306x246px
>>30410147
I'm not purposely going to handicap myself for the sake of excusing bad game design
>>
>>30410163
Retarded faggot spotted.

Please refrain from posting your trademark idiocy again. Thank you.
>>
>any totem pokemon can be killed turn 1 by just using a super effective z-move before they can act
Confirmed to either not using Alolamons only or to playing with the Exp. Share on/grinding.
>>
>>30410184
Clearly you're already plenty handicapped if this was a legitimate problem of yours
>>
That's why you can only use it once. It's supposed to be extremely powerful, that's the point.
>>
>>30410163
>projecting
>Muh slippery slope
>>
File: 1480264559890.jpg (158KB, 1265x1128px) Image search: [Google]
1480264559890.jpg
158KB, 1265x1128px
>>30410163
Every time I see a faggot like you, I akways tell to myself "they seriously can't get more stupid then this, can they ?" and I'm always proven wrong. Holly shit you people have no limits.
>>
>>30410182
>>30410196
>>30410232
>>30410339
spotted the posters of "sm fixed gen 6's difficulty" threads
>>
>>30410363
We're still in the honeymoon period. Same thing happened with X/Y.
>>
>>30410363
Holly shit, you're backing up more and more my point.
>>
>>30410412
what is this cognitive dissonance where any time someone legitimately critizises sm autists on this board like you will stick their fingers in their ears and just yell "op is a retard"? Why can't you just accept sm is a flawed game?
>>
>>30410090
Turn off EXP Share dummy, that is what makes the game easy
>>
>>30410090
>children's game isn't difficult

wow what a surprise
>>
>>30410437
Of course SM is a flawed game, show me a game that is isn't, let alone a pokemon game.

But in this instance, yes OP is clearly a retard.
>>
Nuzlocks are going to be easy as shit in this game.
>>
>>30410437
>CRITICISM
I guess I have to apologize IGN cause they are professionals compared to the idiots here. Yes you can criticize a game all you want, I do that as well, but when you go so far as to say this game is complete shit just because of a minor inconvenience that you can just turn off or be like one of those fags from a few threads back and say even Gen 6 is better, then you deserve to be completely ignored by everyone. The autists here just don't stop mesmerizing me.
>>
>>30410497
I dunno, get a lopsided team and some of the totems are going to fuck you.
>>
>>30410184
It's almost as if the game allows you to adjust the difficulty level in order to cater to a wider audience, golly gosh.
>>
>>30410231
this. the later totems have +1 on every stat, together with my mons being consistently like 5 level below them there is really no way to kill them that easily in general
>>
>>30410090
They made the stupid long animation mandatory, that was enough to make me not even bother using them
>>
Megas was worst
>>
>>30410497
If you roll Lillipup instead of Mudbray and didn't get Diglett in the cave after the first trial it's only downward from there.
>>
Honestly, they should force no healing items between rounds of the elite 4 and see how much shit people fling.
>>
>>30410980
>with my mons being consistently like 5 level below them
how many trainers did you skip jesus, or are you rotating a team of 8 members or what
>>
>>30411187
Then I'd just wonder why the challengers are always at full health.
>>
>>30411228
Because it's a video game.
>>
File: 1362336489536.gif (2MB, 500x231px) Image search: [Google]
1362336489536.gif
2MB, 500x231px
>Too easy meme

None of the games were hard.
>>
>>30410163
I don't get all the negative replies to this post, it's totally valid

why should players have to handicap themselves to make a game fun?
>>
>>30410090
>he thinks Z moves did that
>and not exp share
>>
>people are actually arguing "lol dont use z moves"
Holy fuck you people, stop defending literally everything GF does. It's completely legitimate to criticize GF for not balancing properly around mechanics they created.
I can accept people defending the EXP share since it's a one-time toggle and you aren't actually changing how the game is played overall, but do you people really not see the difference between that and just plain not using core battle mechanics?
Yes you can make the game harder by not using Z-moves, but how is that different than from me telling someone to to use nothing but Tackle the whole game since STABs will make it too easy?
>>
>>30411397
They shouldn't.

But the games aren't supposed to be difficult (y'know, they're essentially for kids) so if you can't have fun because of the lack of difficulty, then why not create some self-imposed difficulty to increase your enjoyment?
>>
>>30411448
Because the games aren't for you.

They aren't balanced for the guy who has played every entry, reads the smogon forums, and shitposts on /vp/ daily.

Self imposed challenges are very easy to implement because you aren't forced to equip anyone with a z-move. Wait for the romhack if you must play a game where you must grind in the grass for hours.
>>
>>30411448

Sure, GF doesnt balance well. Here's the thing, I'm not trying to defend them. I'm just saying that in practice the game is more fun if you don't spam Z-moves and use them only for special occasions. People can use them all they want, but it's silly for them to then complain that they make the game too easy. No one is twisting their arm to make them use it.
>>
>>30411397
just /vp/ being in its usual state of euphoria after a new game comes out where any kind of cricism of the new games (like saying the game isn't difficult) is met with a huge negative reception
>>
>>30411397

If you consider not using 100000% optional items to be a handicap, therein lies the problem with your logic.
>>
>>30411533
It's people like you that make "game is easy why should i gimp myself" threads which then try to shitpost the "not trading yourself a lv100 mon at the start is gimping yourself" posts.
>>
>>30411533

>anyone who disagrees with me is delusional

Boy howdy, do I have some news for you.
>>
>>30411554
reading this thread and the posts most likely made by op I'm pretty sure this thread is a response to how many people on this board claim sm is more difficult than xy because xy had "broken megas", which were just as optional as z-moves creating a double standard to which both games' difficulty is judged.
>>
>>30411519
>>30411520
FTR I don't really mind that the games are on the easy side personally (though I wouldn't mind them making it harder, or having a fucking difficulty slider), I just get irritated when people use this exhaustive "lol its for kids so it should be easy" argument, because you're basically saying game design/balance doesn't matter. By that logic they could make every single encounter in the game level 5 and you wouldn't mind, right? It's for kids and you could just recatch level 2 Pikipeks constantly to make it harder for yourself. Obviously you wouldn't like it, so clearly there exists some line for you where it being too easy stops being acceptable.
>>
>>30410090
>Using z-crystals ingame

I bet you were playing on switch with exp share and the gift Munchlax too
>>
>>30411644
>Not using Munchlax to use Happy Hour on every single trainer in the game so you can be as fashionable as possible
>>
>>30410090

>using overpowered shit makes the game easy!

gee, just don't equip the z crystals on your pokemon then? it's completely optional and your own problem if you decide to use them.
>>
>>30410163
So if the game has difficulty options you pick easy? Also some the first Kahun fights comments on how you didn't use any zmove so GF clearly had in mind that people who wanted challenge would turn off everything.
>>
>>30411644
I also use ash-greninja as well as have my team at max affection for ez crits and endure. :^)
>>
>>30411629
The problem is nintendo can not accurately predict how a person is going to play their game.

Yes, they know what pokemon you have available up to that point, but they don't know what you bothered to capture, how you trained it, what moves you have on it.

Now what what a lot of the "difficulty" arguments boil down to is that they want every trainer to have all 6 pokemon, with competitive moves and IV EV spreads.

That seriously would put off a lot of kids who just want to experience the game and see what new pokemon are out there.

Grinding in pokemon has never ever been fun, and this gen doesn't have a conducive system like even X&Y where O-Powers were a thing.
>>
I will never understand people who abuse easy mode shit in the game and then complain its too easy and then claim they can't simply not use them/turn them off because it's "handicapping" yourself or something. It would be handicapping if you had to go out of your way to do it, like a Nuzlocke run, but you don't. I guess those people just don't have self control and would rather GF remove all features from the games because they can't stop themselves from using them.
>>
>>30410163

>using exp share
>using z moves
>using megas
>using healing items midbattle

how shit are you at the game to need those things?
>>
Maybe it's me, but I used Z-crystals, fought every trainer I saw, had Exp Share on, but i still thought the game ramped up in difficulty and has a nice balance come the 3rd island
>>
>>30411740
They won't know if I'm a drooling retard who will release everything except a Magikarp with Splash, but they'll still have to design the game making some kind of assumption about how strong my team is regardless. When people complain the game is too easy they're saying the devs set said bar too low. Believe it or not that's a valid complaint even if the game is meant to be on the easy side, because like I said, an exhaustive argument would mean you could make every encounter in the game level 5 and it would be a-okay. This is even more the case when you consider that it's impossible to actually "game over" in Pokemon anyway- you'll keep the EXP you gained if you black out, so the game naturally gets easier for kids who challenge the same encounter multiple times.

Now, if you want to argue that the difficulty is fine the way it is, I won't contest it since it's ultimately down to personal opinion, and like I said, I don't even really think the base difficulty of the game is that big of an issue (I do think they err too much on the side of assuming kids are mentally impaired though). I just think it's dumb to immediately go to the "just make sure you're playing the game while doing a handstand" type arguments when that's kind of missing the point. Yeah some autists will demand every trainer have 6 perfect IV/EV Pokemon, but that's just the opposite extreme of the type of arguments GF apologists use.
>>
>>30411628

SM are more difficult than XY, but it has nothing to do with Megas nor Z-Moves.
>>
I never used Z-moves
Waste of item slot
>>
>>30411203
Playing with Exp. Share off and without additional grinding WILL make you underleveled for totems. Even if you don't skip trainers.
>>
>>30410163
Genwun:
>Wow fucking psychic types break this game it's too easy
>Wow these legendaries really make the game easier thanks to their high stats they make the game too easy
>Don't use them? That's ridiculous you fucking GF apologists.

There's always been OP shit in Pokemon games. Just don't use it mang
>>
>>30411083
Diglett and Dugtrio is frail as all hell, they do not last in nuzlockes

Mudbray is really good, but tanky attackers are pretty common
>>
>>30410122
This. Z-moves require a held item that you could otherwise ignore completely. No system in the game is forcing your Pokemon to hold them. They're just glorified gym badges that have competitive use.

Exp All on the other hand has automatic utility and has been in the series from the beginning, so it's harder to not use. But the trick for balancing Exp All is to raise MORE Pokemon instead of just over-leveling some minimal core team. Always be catching and breeding new Pokemon so that the excess experience is used to bring those Pokemon up to level.
>>
>>30412988

My diglett and dugtrio take more damage on NVE hits than my marowak does on regular hits. It's pretty crazy how squishy Dugtrio and Diglett are.
>>
z-moves aren't even that good, dumb fuck
>>
>>30411397
>to make the game fun
You just answered your own question m8
>>
>>30411397
because it's a fucking game for 6 year olds

you're delusional if you ever think GF is going to cater to 25 year old dark souls /v/ autists
>>
>>30413242
Mine has been chilling in my box since the first trial
>>
>>30410184
>Game lets you choose from hundreds of monsters
>Loosely choose certain trials and battles over others at first
>Lets you turn on/off EXP share
>Has multiple, voluminous end goals that leave the "point" of the game up to the player

>I won't play the game the way it would allow me to for a better experience, so let me bash it for being easy while I use all of these handicaps.

I've seen a lot of stupid shit on this board, but this takes the cake.
>>
t. exp share faggot

/thread
>>
>>30410497
>Nuzlocking hard at all
They literally give you the mons you need BEFORE the gym battles
>but muh probability encounter rates
I missed when guides just said common, uncommon, rare instead of shoing xx%
>>
>>30413242
I tried running with a Diglett on my team and it got one-shot by nearly everything i sent it up against. Boxed that little shitter the second i caught something new.
>>
I love all these No True Scotsman arguments.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.