[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Filling the Alola Pokedex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: radical.jpg (108KB, 736x520px) Image search: [Google]
radical.jpg
108KB, 736x520px
How the hell are you people doing it? Obviously you have to trade version exclusives. Got it. And the trade evolutions? Okay. But the SOS encounters, are you really going through all that trouble? What about the 1-5% encounter rate mons? Are you guys really going back through the region and scoping out each grass patch? How are you even supposed to know which grass patch to check? I'm looking for answers here, because in 72 hours of gameplay I have 51% of the pokedex completed and it looks like the other 49% is going to take a hell of a lot longer.

Pic unrelated but it's pretty cool
>>
>>30405963
>Play to third island
>Capture Ditto
>Breed starter and fossilmons
>GTS everything in the game but UB's and legends in around two hours
>?????
>Profit
>>
>>30405963
I got some rarer mons like Mimikyu, Django and Mareanie no problem, I've been breeding them and GTSing them for way more common mons that I skipped over like Magnemite, Spinarak, Corsola.
>>
Catch a cast form then breed to trade it for w/e you want really

Completed the dex in a week +a day and my living dex for this region is done too
>>
>>30405963
Recently sos chained a goomy and bred a bunch of em.
Popped them to GTS and got pokemon like bewear, lapras, skarmory, starters, and other pokemon I couldn't be bothered to find.
>>
GTS took my dex from 30% to 92% thanks to Jangmo-o. UBs from the opposing version were the very first thing I got.
>>
>>30406005
>>30406038
>>30406096
>>30406165
>>30406192
There you go. GTS. Any more questions?
>>
>>30406235
OP here. No, not really. Surprised at myself for not seeing the obvious. Thanks everyone for not shitposting. I'm gonna breed and hit up the GTS now.
>>
>>30405963
>Okay. But the SOS encounters, are you really going through all that trouble?
Yup.

>What about the 1-5% encounter rate mons?
Also yup.

>Are you guys really going back through the region and scoping out each grass patch? How are you even supposed to know which grass patch to check?
Use your fucking Pokédex, man. If you zoom in on the Habitat screen, it shows you which patches are kosher. Or just use Serebii.
>>
Getting the sos 'mons were annoying but whatever, fuck the gts for trading UBs and legends though. 90% of the ones up for trade want the same fucking one back or a necrozma, which you can just catch for yourself
>>
>>30405963
Scan QR codes, catch the Pokemon you got from island scan, catch it, breed it, ask for the first forms of every Pokemon on the GTS, use a strong Pokemon with exp. share on to level them all.
>>
Do people really complain about 5% rates? Those are DAMN GOOD odds compared to a lot of shit in other RPGs.
>>
>>30406291
Basically this is what I'm doing while I wait to be interested in Battle Tree. Just futzing around to the different islands, grabbing up mons I missed during the story, as well as TMs. For some reason finding TMs is really satisfying for me
>>
>>30408357

>cryogonals 4% rate last gen

It was by far the biggest pain in the ass to find
>>
How about shit like Porygon-Z, Magmortar, Electivire, Scizor, Rhyperior? I fucking hate item held trade evo.
>>
>>30405963
>What is 10 minutes false swiping in Rain/Sand/Snow while watching TV or texting.
>Castform can net you almost anything you want now
>What is breeding starters, not just Alola but Johto and Unova starters and trading them for other island scan mons, breeding them then trading them for whatever the fuck you want.
>You get multiples of UBs that you can trade for a total of 4 exclusives if you arent a retard
>What is just opening PKSM or PkHeX and cloning Null if you don't care about "legitimacy" because most legendaries you trade for are hacked to begin with

>>30408616
Get friends, ask /wfg/ or join a shitty Discord
>>
>>30405963
My brother has moon, so I use his game to help mine and vice versa. What I also do is.

>set date/time on 3DS to 17:00 on Wednesday
>go to Mali Garden
>raining
>bring compound eyes mon to raise chance of an item found to 20% from 5%
>sos any mon until poliwhirl shows up
>use thief until king's rock is found
>trade evo them with bro
>unlimited trade fodder politoed and slowking

I do the same for scizor by getting metal coats from magnemites in the first city. I could do the same for getting razor claw off Jangmo-o, and magmarizers/electrolizers off magby/elekid.

People don't know they can do these things, I take advantage, even though I don't really need to.
>>
Where's the best place to grind levels for evolving?
>>
Whats the best mon for trading online?

Beldum? Jangmo-o? The starters?
>>
>>30409662
I've been having great luck with trading island scan mons, especially Honedge and Togepi.
>>
Working on it now about 70% done. Working on getting like half of the 1% mons and just gonna trade em for the other half.

Trade evolutions were done via GTS I found if you just put up the Pokemon on GTS with any item it needs and ask for the thing it evolves into you usually get it traded relatively quickly.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.