[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Soft-Boiled Clefable is no longer a legal move in Gen 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: 1457795538964.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457795538964.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>Soft-Boiled Clefable is no longer a legal move in Gen 7
>>
>>30404131
Can't we just import it from 6 once pokebank is updated?
>>
If it was legal in Gen 6 it's still legal in Gen 7.
>>
>>30404131
its illegal until bank comes out
>>
>>30404161
>>30404168
Only Pokemon born in Alola can be used, and Soft-Boiled isn't an egg move.
>>
File: d71.jpg (35KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
d71.jpg
35KB, 600x675px
>>30404181
>VGC meme

False alarm
>>
>>30404197
>playing on unofficial simulators with made-up rules
>calling anyone else a meme
>>
>>30404131
>pokebank comes
>you can now also transfer the softboiled mons from RGBY virtual console games and those who did pass from FRLG to XY and ORAS that can also learn Stored Power this way

hmmmm
>>
File: 1473158845467.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473158845467.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
>>30404181
Will it not work if you breed a Soft-Boiled Clefable with one that doesn't have Soft-Boiled?
>>
>>30404218
Meme thread

>>30404272
>Softboiled mons
You mean Chansey? Clefairy can only learn the move through Gen III's Move Tutor

The TM back in Gen I was fucking worthless
>>
>>30404294
only egg moves and level 1 moves will pass on

soft-boiled clefable is an unnatural abomination that should have been nixed years ago
>>
unaware clefable is the real deal in this gen anyway and i'd rather use magic guard life orb clefable anyway
>>
>>30404341
>magic guard life orb clefable
set?
>>
>>30404366
max hp
max sp atk
modest
4 evs in speed so you can outspeed other mons with same base stat and no speed evs

moonblast
fire blast or flamethrower
ice beam or thunderbolt or even thunder wave
moonlight

if you feel like it's a salazzle set up bait or food for toxapex psychic as third slot may work too

i've been using the moonblast/fire/ice/recovery in gen 6 and it was a good lure and overall alternative set
>>
>>30404218
can you put it on your fucking pokemon and battle your friend or anyone online? oh whats that it's only illegal when you go to nintendo's tournaments and play by their made up ruleset that has no bans except "no legendaries"? which is doubles? minimize is legal there too but doubles is so uncontrollable that there is far more OP shit to run? thought so.
>>
oh no! if only it had other ways to recover
>>
>>30404603
wish is objectively shit as a form of recovery compared to soft-boiled
>>
>>30404181
It was like that in gen 6
>>
>>30404181
The fuck are you talking about, just VGC?
Non-Alola mons aren't banned from Rating battles, and only a small fraction of competitve Pokemon players are autistic enough to travel to play competitive Pokemon IN PERSON with their gengar hat and ""signature"" Pokemon plush they carry around while being filmed.
>>
>>30404575
>posts on an autistic Cantonese wall-painting board specifically for people who play Pokemon
>but doesn't actually playing Pokemon
cool
>>
File: 1480443100383.png (287KB, 419x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1480443100383.png
287KB, 419x1034px
>>30404181
>it's a "VGCbabby thinks his meta is competitive in any way" episode
>>
>>30404181
....so just like gen 6

literally nothing has changed wannabe vgcfag.
>>
>>30404684
>Clefairy
Everytime!
>>
>>30404629
there's still Moonlight
>>
>>30404684
>Clefairy

pls explain
>>
>>30404684
>ONE guy deemed Clefairy a suitable replacement for busted-ass M-Salamence
>that guy actually won
I still love it.
>>
>>30404736
Fairy type, Follow Me, Eviolite, and Friend Guard for its ability.
>>
>>30404181
>Soft-Boiled isn't an egg move
kek
>>
>>30404766
Oh fuck I need to make one of these to fuck with my friend who's just now trying to learn competitive.

What nature, other moves, and IV/EVs?
>>
>>30404684
>less variety means less competitive
Not how it works kiddo. Usually it's the opposite, even
>>
>>30404736
VGC Meta is such a stagnant mechanism that each player has a major piece replicating the winning formula that works to an absolute T to the point that when someone switches out one of the never changing foundation it crashes upon itself due to having no reasonable counters and being lost in itself due to utter confusion

tl;dr, he won by using a sledgehammer to the perfect machine that is the VGC strategy
>>
>>30404675
since you cannot read, i will reprint my first sentence for you:

"can you put it on your fucking pokemon and battle your friend or anyone online?"

Maybe those words were a little difficult. let's break that sentence down

"Can you put it"

that's me beginning the question by asking if I can put soft-boiled somewhere. I wonder where?

"on your fucking pokemon"

Oh, the clefable, in the game. that's what it means

"and battle your friend or anyone online"

Right, I think this one means, you can use that clefable, on the game cartridge, and battle your friends, which, if you didn't know that word, is actually a really cool word (Friend) and however unfamiliar you are to it, it means Person you know and like and likes you back.

That's a really long and roundabout (Sorry!) way to say "you can play this on Your Purchased Handheld and Use It Because Nobody Can Tell You To Not Do That". Cheers!
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (8KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
8KB, 257x196px
>>30404131
>>
File: really makes you think....webm (123KB, 560x390px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think....webm
123KB, 560x390px
>>30404684
why did you post an image that proves you wrong?
actual competitive format that changes every season and where people win prizes by using competitive strategies

hmmm, could it be your autism blocking you from joining such events or the fear to lose the first rounds in public when usually on showdown you can pull a tantrum and change your username from xXxDarkYveltalAngelxXx to kelly2003xD?

or the fact it's a double format and forces you to use risky plays and versatile or specific cores to deal with opp's team preview instead of just setting up on retarded players or switching back and forth from a stallmon to another without an item clause

really makes you think...
>>
>>30404859
>versatile or specific cores
>changes every season
did you even look at the image? terrible, even if it's bait.
>>
File: malasadas.jpg (410KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
malasadas.jpg
410KB, 1024x768px
>>30404824
chill man I probably just responded to the wrong post lmao

have some malasadas bro
>>
>>30404824
We literally had a thread yesterday where somebody posted a translated pixiv comic thinking it was tumblr trash without actually reading or understanding it.

Never underestimate /vp/'s illiteracy.
>>
>>30404684
>same pokemon means they also have same spreads, leads, movesets and shit

it's like you are unaware of the competitive battling in general
>>
>>30404859
>implying you can't play VGC doubles on showdown.
>>
>>30404888
each vgc has new rules
each country has its strats and team trends
vgc players often build team together or share some ideas that lead to have similar teams, since those teams effectively work they manage to reach the top ranks

are you retarded?
>>
>>30404934
>implying vgc official tour is hosted on showdown and smogon is a partner or anything that isn't a bootleg simulator

its vgc is for anonymous training at best since you won't associate your actual name with a specific team there
>>
>>30404801
This to an extent.
Two players using the best tools available (but in their own way) is a better test of skill than "muh bros". Kind of like how in Chess both players have the exact same materials at their disposal and neither player has an inherent field advantage because one of their pieces randomly happens to counter specific enemy pieces.

I mean, it's still more fun to just use your favorite Pokemon, but it's also really interesting to see what happens at the min-maxed highest echelon of Pokemon battling when both parties are in it purely to win it.
>>
I don't understand competitive pokemon.
>Find strategy online
>Hack in Pokemon
>Follow strategy
>>
>>30405033
You seem to have forgotten the best part
>have fun battling
>>
>>30405033
Alright, assuming everyone hacks in their mons.
Suppose everybody does that.

Who's gonna win now that everyone has equally powerful teams?
Either the most skilled at using that popular strategy, or the player crafty enough to completely counter that strategy. Or is it the player who has a counter ready for the counter to that strategy?

There's never one exact best team. Even the ones that look similar have to have their own tricks up their sleeves or hidden gimmicks to counteract their opponent's expectations. Why do you think the champion is almost always someone who does something completely out of the ordinary, even so far as bringing a shitmon?
>>
>>30405033
Every match is different which makes you think differently. You're only mindlessly following a strategy if you're using a gimmick one-trick pony team that relies on setting up a sweep or something
>>
>>30405027
this isn't always true.

for example, yugioh had a couple of very fantastic meta periods where everyone used the same deck. two great examples are the "Dragon Ruler" period and the "Goat Control" periods.

while there was room for variance (in teched-in cards like how some VGC pokemon have slightly different movesets), it was a more eloquent and mental game due to higher degree of knowledge of the gamepieces. Both of those metas still have a huge side following due to how interesting the games were (Goats far more, though)

however, lack of variance does NOT imply the meta will be higher level. another example in yugioh is when pendulums came out, with qliphorts. those games were short, nearly random due to high power, ridiculous unbeatable boss monsters coming out immediately, and everyone played the same thing.

what does that remind you of?
>>
>>30404181
>Implying Pokemon brought from RBY won't be made legal after how big of a deal Game Feak made about it
>>
>>30405156
Shit man.
I miss Dragon Rulers.

I've been away from YGO for a while but man I was just not having any fun after the Pepe era.
>>
>>30405250
i quit because i realized konami gives no shits about meta, or players, and just wants everybody to buy their new decks. they were doing it in the shittiest way too, by just banning the best decks' best cards without warning at all. at least have the fucking balls to go through seasons like other TCGs, you know?
>>
>>30404859
>bringing up item clause
this is it folks, this is the thing that really just breaks the game in showdown. It doesn't even make sense like how would you be able to get two apple cores anyway amirite?
>>
>>30405279
good thing they banned that so you can't have leftovers on BOTH primal groudon and xerneas. that would be busted
>>
>>30405275
I mean, they've always done the 'gut the best deck' thing, but yeah it's total scumfuckery that isn't rarely done with actual balance in mind.
>at least have the fucking balls to go through seasons like other TCGs, you know?
I personally prefer that Yugioh is one of the few TCG that doesn't do this. Nothing is more annoying them some Neckbeards saying I can't use my old MtG deck if I show up for Friday Night Magic.

Might as well play a whole other card game at that point if all your old shit is worthless for anything where you can win prizes.
>>
>>30405308
Am I retarded or does Groudon not need to be holding an item to become Primal?
>>
>>30405368
but it was a joke my bud
>>
>>30405368
It needs the red orb.
>>
>>30405342
i agree for the most part, but the thing is though that legacy exists in magic, and as a result my friend who spent thousands on his mirrodin decks (the most broken magic shit ever IMO besides maybe goblin charbelcher decks and dragonstorm) can still play in those formats in a supported manner
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.