[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait, 20 years old is middle age in Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 16

File: tumblr_oh2lsnePS61rxenr3o1_1280.png (249KB, 580x229px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh2lsnePS61rxenr3o1_1280.png
249KB, 580x229px
No wonder why marriage is allowed at 10.
>>
>>30400996
how is that any indication of middle age
>>
>>30400996
Believe it or not, 40 was considered elderly at one point in time.
>>
>>30400996
Wait, that seems super young honestly.
>>
>>30400996
>tfw I remember becoming too old for the Kids Next Door
>now I'm also too old to be a Trial Captain
Where has the time gone?
>>
>implying the lifespan of humans in the Pokémon world is not the same as in real life
>>
>>30401094
>tfw still waiting for your letter to Hogwarts
A-any day now...it's only 13 years late.
>>
>>30400996
>being a sunfag is suffering
>>
>>30401157
What house?
Slytherin and proud of it, here.
>>
What about Hala?
>>
>most people in the Pokemon world that don't become professional trainers probably burn out in their 20s and get boring-ass jobs
Depressing.

>>30401157
>tfw you got a letter to Hogwarts
It was with a toy owl that you hung from the roof and it carried the letter in a scroll, but still.
>>
>>30401264
Kahuna != Captain
The tapu probably prefer older Kahunas.
>>
File: kled cree.png (80KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
kled cree.png
80KB, 299x299px
>>30401266
>Feeling sorry for them when we ONLY have the boring-ass, soul-sucking jobs.

Dammit, I didn't ask for this feel.
>>
>>30400996

Duh, anime ages combined with the Japanese value of youth. Men with grey hair are generally in their 20's, women in their 20's are too old for marriage, old people are in their 30's and 40's. Everything from 10-18 is considered spring of youth. IRL all these ages are way off as in 10-18 is childhood, 20-30s is youthful, 40-50 is parenthood age, higher is old
>>
File: 45f[1].png (2MB, 568x1680px) Image search: [Google]
45f[1].png
2MB, 568x1680px
>>30400996

You can't be a trainer forever, unless you're REALLY good, you have to get a real job to take care of your family.

For most people in the Pokemon universe, training/battling Pokemon is just a hobby, because you have to be really good to make a career out of it.
>>
>>30400996
How is that any indication of middle age?

Someone explain what OP means by that.
>>
>>30401421
OP is just being an idiot faggot as always.
>>
>>30401421
In Japan by age 20, you're expected to already have a stable job and career or going to college to get a stable job and career, in the US. they've become so lazy and entitled you have 30 year old man children still living with mommy and daddy. That failure working a shitty supermarket job is telling, he wasted his team battling mons instead of studying something he could make a career out of.
>>
>>30401421
Falling off from your peak as a respected trial captain and presumably going into an emotional crisis similar to our midlife crises.
>>
>>30400996
I mean the initial age to go on adventures is 11, by 20 you are seasoned and have to look for a career. Makes sense
>>
>>30401510
And they all seem to have jobs or occupations besides being captains
>>
>>30401415

Pokemon training is considered your schooling. Problem is society has to keep going on, pokemon and their trainers are pressed into service once they become adults.

Ever notice how pokemon when used by adults are generally used in vocations? You also seem to notice that gym leaders also have to pick up a vocation as well. Adults use pokemon to work and are no longer used for training.

E4 and Champions also have jobs as well but are good enough to be trainers into their older years
>>
Seems kind of corrupt that the captains have to retire so young but the big island heads can be greying old fuckers.
>>
File: 63b[1].png (353KB, 583x321px) Image search: [Google]
63b[1].png
353KB, 583x321px
>>30401560

Well, Kiawe WAS working at the Thrifty Megamart, but got laid off, so he doesn't have a job outside of being a Trial Captain anymore.
>>
>>30401575
Oh yeah? What do people like cowtits and Agetha do beside be elite four members? Bruno is obviously a hobo and Lance is part of a police force. Diantha's a movie star and Steven's a stone collector and seller but what about people like Alder and Iris? Alder's old as shit but doesn't have a job, Iris might be able to get away with not having an occupation since she's young, I think about as young as the trainer in BW2
>>
>>30401604
The Kahunas are picked by the Tapus, right? They have to stay until they die, they have no choice.
>>
>>30401575
>gym leaders also have to pick up a vocation
No, not all of them. Plenty of them pokebattle for a living.
>>
>>30401604

Not really, this prevents stagnation by keeping the blood fresh and keeping those who continually improve. Some people peak at a certain level and either level off or decline so they need to be gotten rid of and those who have talent move on. On top of this it also prevents corruption by preventing complacency
>>
File: 1477335156121.jpg (179KB, 1205x700px) Image search: [Google]
1477335156121.jpg
179KB, 1205x700px
>>30401629
>>
File: Kahunas.png (723KB, 822x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kahunas.png
723KB, 822x480px
>>30401604

Kahunas are picked by the Tapus.

If a Tapu picks you to be the Kahuna, you don't have a choice, you have to do it.
>>
>>30401652
>Agetha
She's probably retired honestly.
>Bruno
Maybe he runs a dojo somewhere?
>Lance
He's the head of his clan, that has to count for something.
>Alder
Fucking good-for-nothing deadbeat
>Iris
Such a kid

Really though it seems like being a Pokemon trainer is like playing a sport in our world. Most people get into it at some point as they grow up, but very few are good enough to make a living out of it.
>>
>>30401652
Alder's is effectively retired from everything but battles and is probably living off of old fight money or even off the land if he feels like it

Iris is most likely still living with parents or relatives
>>
>>30401214
Slytherin master race
>>
>>30401661
>>30401744
That's fine and all, but why did the Kahunas decide Captains can't make a life long career out of their job too?
>>
>>30401652

Dunno but they are good enough to stay and that is all that matters, they also have to work their way up to champion or some other position.

The rules themselves are also not concrete, some people may work first and train later as opposed to training first and working later. There are some older trainers at lower levels but they are that way because they either worked first and financially secured themselves or they went to formal schools first.

This is all speculation
>>
>>30401287
They do. There's a reason why Poni island had no kahuna for years and a solitary captain until the game happened. Pretty sure Hapu was picked because the only other option was Mina and there was shit happening, but the other 3 I'm pretty sure were picked after they were at least 20.
>>
>>30401266
>probably burn out in their 20s and get boring-ass jobs
This is in game, they all work at the supermarket.
>>
File: Black_2_White_2_Benga[1].png (115KB, 365x438px) Image search: [Google]
Black_2_White_2_Benga[1].png
115KB, 365x438px
>>30401769

Alder is old enough to have a grandson, so he's probably retired too.
>>
>>30401769

Bruno probably lives off the land
>>
>>30401652
Anon seems to be taking the thing where a lot of gym leaders in Gens 5 and 6 have jobs or hobbies outside of pokemon and thinking that applies retroactively with no evidence, and outright ignoring the gym leaders from those gens who have no stated job.

Honestly Gamefreak isn't trying to imply you need some additional job to support pokemon training, they're just trying for an easy way to add extra themes to the gym leaders to make them more interesting. Like, do you think Burgh's themes would fit the bug type at all without him also being an artist?
>>
>>30400996
is the "go get a real work" age
>>
>>30401828
Oh yeah that's right.
Why is Benga so underutilized?
>>
>>30400996
It's a japan thing. Once you hit 20 (Or more often graduate high school) you're expected to get a job and be a worker drone for the next 60 years.
It's also why there are so many high school anime, since high school is basically the last time any jap gets to be themself
>>30401816
I thought mallow was a cook?
>>
>>30401779
>Iris is most likely still living with parents or relatives
Iris lives with super swole mustache grampa, who is both the mayor and a gym leader.
>>
>>30400996
>we have to move on from being trial captains when we're 20
Kiawe looks like he's 20 at least, maybe 23
>>
>>30401894
Well there you go
>>
>>30401884
>I thought mallow was a cook?
This is one instance of a trainer having a secondary job. Besides, she's not done with Pokemon battling, she's still a trial captain.
>>
>>30401870
Because he's fucking annoying. This kid needs to get fug'd like that girl from the delta episode and pissed on like that fucking Emerald kid
>>
>>30401652

Most people call Alder a wandering hobo here, so I'll just assume he's a wandering hobo. Steven also the heir to the biggest company in Hoenn as well as a stone collector. I honestly don't think he sells them, and he just collects them as a hobby. Cynthia is an archeologist since she wasn't mentioned. I guess that Wallace is an artist, contest coordinator, or performer, along with his Sootopolitan duties.
Cow tits? Shauntal is a writer. If you mean Lorelei, she lives in the middle of nowhere, so she probably doesn't need much.
Agatha probably has a retirement fund.
>>
>>30401894
>swole
>stylish hair
>rockin' beard
>gym leader
>mayor
>has his own personal brown loli

Drayden is the best gym leader.
>>
Brock is an archeologyst.
Misty is too young to get a job.
Surge is a lieutenant.
Erika seems to be too high.
Sabrina is an actress.
Koga went to the E4 and Janine took his position. Also ninjas.
Blaine is a scientist.
Giovanni is a mafia boss. Blue is Oak's grandson and too young.

Every Gym Leader had something going on since Gen I, those who didn't got something on the remake got something later on. Even in other media they got something, Erika sells perfume in the anime (lol) and worked as an University Teacher or some shit like that on the manga.

Main difference is that they care about it ingame now, and it works. I prefer characters to be fleshed out rather than "I'm Gym Leader Pryce. I didn't give a shit about the Red Gyarados. Fight me." level of character.
>>
>>30401894

also provider of daily cummies for her :)
>>
>>30401965

But he should have some nice money saved up from his battles and being the champion of a region. If he is the champ shouldn't he get royalties from the league for making appearances and and promotions, like a real athlete? He could have spent it all on booze or something
>>
>>30401011
That's actually not quite true.
You could expect to live up to 50+ long ago.
What dragged down the average life expectancy was the massive amount of infant deaths. However, as long as you reached 15, you were pretty much safe.
>>
>>30402054
Pryce was a major asshole in the manga and i fucking hated him and his articuno in pokemon stadium
>>
I always liked to think Gym Leaders and E4 were studied professions. Guess there's a few children leaders and some characters like Cheren's have side jobs.

Wonder if the pay's really shit or in reality there's just not many people taking on the league? If gym challenges were a regular thing Cheren would have trouble juggling being a gym leader and a teacher.
>>
>>30402054
Misty doesn't have a job even when she's an adult in GS. Surge is no longer in the army. Erika sells flowers. Sabrina wasn't an actress in FRLG, and she was still fine (I fucking hate them making her an actress, by the way. They're shit people.), Blaine is retired.
>>
>>30402054
Even in HGSS, none of the Johto leaders had an explicit job.

Also, pretty sure Brock helping the museum isn't an actual job.
>>
File: Kiawe.jpg (36KB, 425x423px) Image search: [Google]
Kiawe.jpg
36KB, 425x423px
>>30401629
>>30401727
He could probably pull some strings and become a fire dancer at one of the hotels. Tourists love that shit, and hotels here love to throw dinner luaus if they can afford it. He's probably good enough already that the cheaper one would hire him already.
https://youtu.be/dfStdfce0OM
>>
>>30402150

Pokemon training after the trainer phase seems to be a volunteer thing. People are free to be in the position but if they volunteer they have to be up to league standards
>>
>>30402054
Koga gym likely doubles as a dojo and he earns money from that. He handed it over to Janine but still gets money from it because he founded it.
>>
>>30402235
>Volunteer
There's no proof of this.
>>
There seems to be one guy who obsessively pushes the idea that you have to get a real job even as a gym leader/elite four member. I've seen him make the exact posts before.

I think he just wants to be edgy.
>>
>>30402198

Volunteer work is a thing, also we don't seem to know how the economy of pokemon works.
>>
>>30402277
Prove it's volunteer work.
>>
>>30402152
I don't think Misty is an adult on GS, but milleage may vary.
I'm pretty sure Surge can live by himself after being retired, specially if the headcannon about "there's few males because war happened before the series" is true.
Erika whatever, probably the weakest leader in terms of character of the original 8.
I hate the Sabrina actress thing too, but I guess they wanted to take her out of the "too creepy" tier somehow.
And I'm pretty sure Blaine did good money before retiring, just look at that pimpy outfit he got on the remake.
>>30402198
Fair enough about Brock, but maybe he's preparing to be something.

About Johto, well... Falkner, Bugsy and Whitney are definitely too young. But you're right, there's no excuse for people like Chuck or Pryce who seems to be sitting on their thumbs until someone challenges their gyms.
>>
>>30402252
He's probably referring to how all the trial assistants are volunteers and thus since we don't know anything about the logistical structure of formal leagues applying the what Alola does to other regions.
>>
>>30400996
How would that mean middle aged? Trial Captains have to be under 20 since it's for kids by kids but Kahunas can be any age as long as the Tapu thinks they're good enough.
>>
>>30402252
There's no proof but it's the likely situation.
Characters like Cheren have full time jobs and still look like regular people and not rich, either the League's wages are really shit or people are volunteering.
>>
>>30402287

>Seems
He posed a hypothesis bro, I think you are taking this a little too seriously
>>
>>30402303
See, that's a fallacy. Alola is different on purpose, called out on it. There's nothing we can say either way on actual organized leagues.

>>30402349
>but it's the likely situation.
Why?

>Cheren must be poor
Again, why? Because he's not in a Giorgio Armani suit?
>>
>>30400996

In Japan, 20 is the age by which you're expected to have your shit together.

No more fun or adventures, it's time to get a job, and get ready to settle down and start a family.

The Japanese value youth because that was the last time they had any freedom.
>>
>>30401927
Mallow works at her family's restaurant, Kiawe worked at the supermarket, and Lana seems to work for her family's fishing business. Sophocles arguably also works at that facility where you take his trial.
>>
>>30401812
>but the other 3 I'm pretty sure were picked after they were at least 20.

>be a teenager who specializes in the Dark type
>got roped into this trial captain horseshit back when I was a kid, and I'm stuck with it
>finally turned nineteen
>only one year of this nonsense left
>I can practically taste my freedom
>kahuna gets sick
>whatever, not my problem
>old fucker finally dies the week before my twentieth birthday
>gotta attend some dumb ceremony literally the day before I'm free forever
>Tapu Bulu shows up
>starts scanning the crowd
>I try to act natural
>its eyes lock onto me and it starts floating over
>palms are sweating, I consider making a break for it
>too late
>literally one day before retirement, and I get named the new kahuna
Being Nanu is suffering.
>>
>>30401806
We don't know who actually decided that rule. And the island challenge is run for kids and run by kids, anyone over 20 doesn't really have much of a place unless they're a kahuna but kahunas do plenty of shit outside of battling trialgoers.
>>
>>30402370
>There's nothing we can say either way on actual organized leagues.
Exactly. It's all speculation, so why get so mad that someone else thinks it's volunteer work or a part time thing?
>>
>>30400996
I'm really tired of this "kids rule the world" bullshit in SuMo. The protags in gens V and VI were clearly older, but now every fucking trial captain's like 5 or something and you're actually canonically 11, when you haven't had a canon age since fucking RBY. This combined with all the hand holding is really making me think that GF is purposefully alienating Pokemon's older audience.
>>
>>30402370

Calm down and take a deep breath. You do know people are speculating right?
>>
>>30401912
Canonically he's like 15 or 16
>>
>>30400996
?
it just means that being a trial captain is a kid's thing, just like making the alola tour is for +11 years old children. trial captains are children that already completed the island challenge, it's not surprising that 20 years old is the maximum age to be a trial captain.
>>
>>30402469

I wonder if they completed the challenges and were offered a position if they wanted it?

Maybe lots of trainers went through and declined but the few who said yes stayed
>>
>>30402152

I wonder if Surge is getting those veterans benefits
>>
Brock: Archaeologist
Misty: Owns the local pool
Surge: Army pension
Erika: Drug dealer/disability
Koga: Fucking assassin
Blaine: Scientist
Giovanni: Mafioso

Falkner: Heir to dojo
Bugsy: little kid
Whitney: dairy farm
Morty: caretaker of the towers
Jasmine: Lighthouse owner
Chuck: Dojo owner
Pryce: retired
Claire: Inheritance

Roxanne: Teacher
Brawly: Owns a gym
Wattson: Mayor? Inventor?
Flannery: Onsen owner
Norman: Destroys your moms pussy every night
Winona: ???
Tate & Liza: too young/sideshow freaks
Wallace: Coordinator, performer, stevens sugar baby

Roark: Miner
Gardenia: Gardner
Fantina: Performer
Maylene: Operates dojo
Crasher Wake: Wrestler
Byron: Miner
Candice:Student
Volkner: power plant

Triplets: Waiter
Lenora: Archaeologist
Burgh: Artist
Elesa: Model
Clay: Oil Tycoon
Skyla: Pilot
Brycen: Ninja, actor
Drayden: Mayor
Iris: Mayors personal loli
Cheren: Teacher
Roxie: Rock star
Marlon: Resort owner

Viola: Photographer
Grant: fitness guru?
Korrina: Roller derby dike, heir to the secret of mega evolution
Ramos: Retired
Clemont: Inventor
Valerie: Brothel owner and fetish enthusiast
Olympia:???
Wulfric: Bear
>>
>>30401157
>>30401214
>>30401266
All the letters got fucked during book 6/7 though.
>>
>>30401575
Don't Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald open with you moving to a new region because your old man just got a new JOB as a gym leader?
>>
>>30402288
Ignoring obvious children and those definitely old enough to be retired:

>Hoenn
Brawley, Flannery, Winnona, and Juan don't seem to have jobs. Norman's gym leader status seems pretty explicitly to BE his job. None of the Elite 4 are said to have jobs either.

>Sinnoh
Gardenia, Candice, and Volkner don't seem to have jobs. Crasher Wake is a wrestler but we don't know if it's a hobby or if he actually works as one, it's ambiguous. Again, none of the Elite 4 are said to have jobs.

>Unova
This is where the job theme really started, but still. Brycen didn't originally have a job before BW2. Nor does Marshal or Marlon, it seems. But that's it here.

>Kalos
Theme is strongest here. Only Olympia doesn't have a job/hobby.

>Alola
Only Olivia has something approaching traditional work, where she owns a business. Everyone else seems to just patrol around at the will of the Tapus.

However, I should also point out that a lot of the creative types aren't EMPLOYED by anyone. They make art/take photos/garden etc and maybe make money off of that, but that's no nine to five.

Regardless, it seems to me that they just give trainers jobs to give them an extra theme. Not to reflect society.
>>
So being a trainer is like highschool for every anime ever, huh? You live your glory days as a trainer then have to suffer through being a nobody afterwards.
>>
>>30402431
He's very pushy with his headcanon.
>>
>>30402433
>SuMo
>>
>>30402691
Nanu is a police officer
>>
>>30402726
Nanu is dead inside.
>>
>>30402726
was
>>
>>30402433
>sumo
>>
>>30402726
Nanu is a fucking Po Town police officer. Nobody is paying his ass.
>>
>>30402694

>Excited to go out and adventure on your own
>Get the glory
>Become famous
>What next?
>Adulthood
>Now a nobody
Basically, it is sad when you think about it. Pokemon takes your HS glory years and pushes them 4 years younger. After everything is done you are out and part of the adult world.
>>
>>30402778
>Characters in Po Town mention the rent being cheap
Who the fuck are the landlords?
>>
>>30402805
That's just Nanu, he's probably making up bullshit.
>>
>>30402805
Team Skull
>>
>>30402793
Or you become a gym leader or suck it up and be a battle hobo. Even converted to Yen, beating up a kid or two a day can buy you food.
>>
>>30402893
>>30402861

The ones in the Pokemon Centre are paying their electricity bill.
>>
>>30402941
That's a utility bill. You don't pay those to your landlord usually, you pay the company responsible for producing power.
>>
>>30402778
Nanu lives in the police station and claims to be a police officer despite living in po town. He's a homeless bum stricken by PTSD after watching his partner get eaten by Guzzlord.
>>
File: 1225068521578.jpg (174KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
1225068521578.jpg
174KB, 600x420px
>>30402920

>You battle nothing but kids because they got money and are easy
I might as well join TR at this rate.
>>
>>30402726
isnt it was or was that interpol only
>>
>>30400996
Game Freak has a fetish for youth since gen 1.
>>
>>30402970
Yep, which makes him fit my point that the Kahunas, the only adult 'gym leaders' and 'elite four' don't have jobs. Except Olivia who owns a business.

Kahili also plays golf but she's a island champion, not a trial captain or kahuna.
>>
>>30403017
Isn't Hala a sumo wrestler?
>>
>>30402691
>Hoenn
We can speculate about Juan, so let's leave him behind, but Flannery says she inherited the gym leader position from his father, and that her family owns an onsen, so probably that.
>Sinnoh
Volkner rejected the E4 or is said to be as strong as them. I don't recall correctly because I'm not fond of Sinnoh. Thing is he's probably having the Norman treatment aka this is your job because you're good enough to worth the investment.

Just my two pinchs.
>>
>>30403051
Hala sumo wrestles. Hala is never said to be part of a sumo wrestling league.
>>
>>30403093
My only point is that you get paid for being a gym leader, or at least, you don't need a job to be one. Norman is definitely the strongest evidence, but all the other ones also support it.
>>
>>30403051
Seems more like a hobby. Hala strikes me as more of a community leader
>>
>>30403140
Of course they get paid, which is why Alolan captains retires at the age of 20 and have to pursue work, while everywhere else they have the gyms. It's probably why Kukui implements the league there and maybe give a job to people like Ilima who looks to be useless outside pokemon battles.

Thing is, how many of them are well paid and how many of them are on "part time deals"? Although there may be cases of leaders doing it for fun (Crasher) or who has enough money not to depend on the league (Blaine).
>>
>>30403235
It's impossible to know because gamefreak isn't going to give us financial statements or pay stubs for the gym leaders.
>>
File: 1480024021722.jpg (30KB, 187x188px) Image search: [Google]
1480024021722.jpg
30KB, 187x188px
>>30401415
Shit, that's way too real, man.
>>
>>30402691
Well, I think it's important to note that the original inception of gyms were literally just that: gyms. Anyone could open a gym in your city as long as it was accepted by the league. There was concept art of a Bug-type Gym Leader in Gen 1, was just a slightly older version of Bug Catchers/Youngsters.
>>
>>30401266
>>most people in the Pokemon world that don't become professional trainers probably burn out in their 20s and get boring-ass jobs

It's not like there aren't other Pokemon related jobs you could get.

>Professional criminal
>Pokemon breeder
>Pokemon rancher
>Professional berry farmer
>Pokemon groomer
>Pokemon professor
>Pokemon center nurse.
>Pokemon ranger.
>Gym leader
>Pokemon (Anything related to getting up on stage an parading your Pokemon around after covering from head to toe in nonsense)
>One of those fucks that brings fossils back from the dead but somehow can't bring back your dead father.
>Opening your own store that sells any number of Pokemon related goods to benefit trainers and their Pokemon.

All of those supermarket rejects are just Pokemon trainers that were too stupid to have a plan B. Like the 'professional' college athlete that puts all of his hopes and dreams in getting picked for the NFL and nothing else.
>>
>>30402007
Don't forget the fact that he's so based he trained dragons with his bare hands... by himself... before pokéballs were a thing.

One of the best.
>>
>>30402370
Cheren's dad obviously didn't know him.
>>
>>30403600
How dare you calling pokemon contest nonsense you twat
>>
>>30403051
Hala is more along the lines of the town's chief. It means he kind of works as a mayor. Sumo wrestling is his hobby but he also does it out of necessity since if he can't find two trainers for the ceremony for Koko he needs to make a sumo match instead.
>>
>>30401652

>Lorelei
Pokemon Ranger, stationed at her home in the Sevii islands to protect the rare Pokemon there from poachers.

>Bruno
Sits up in the mountains all day sparring with his Machamp and using wild Onix as free weights. Survives by thrusting his arms into nearby rivers and ripping out Magikarp that he eats raw, whole, and alive.
A true Saiyan elite doesn't need a job.

>Agatha
Retired.

>Lance
Basically the Pokemon universe equivalent of those people who break down doors and save animals from sub-part living conditions.
>>
>>30403782
>How dare you calling pokemon contest nonsense you twat

I didn't call Pokemon contests nonsense.
I called covering your Pokemon in nonsensical crap like bows and top hats that go so far as to cover the entire sprite if the Pokemon is small enough nonsense.
>>
>>30404137
Well yea but that's not what happens in the actual contests.
>>
>>30404012
>Lorelei
>Pokemon Ranger
Where is this said?
>>
>>30404156
>Well yea but that's not what happens in the actual contests.

I also never used the words Pokemon Contest. That was you.
>>
>>30402602
Where's Sabrina
>>
>>30404402
That was my first post in the conversation and didn't read any of the previous, sorry
>>
>>30402414
Tfw when Olivia has a shop in konikoni city selling rocks.
>>
>>30402576
But people in the pokemon universe don't use weapons. I'm referring to that tale where that guy 5000 years ago threw away his sword after pokemon started disappearing from sight. So what do they even do for war?
>>
So, what's the deal with the gym leaders' teams? Do they have just one set team? Or do they have multiple teams at different levels? What if some kid from fucking Cinnabar wants to start his league challenge?
>>
>>30405689
Canon seems to imply the latter is the case: multiple teams at different levels.

Examples:

>Pokémon Special: All gym leaders have alternate Pokémon and even armies of them
>Pokémon Origins: Brock carefully picks the Pokémon he's going to use against Red after seeing he's a novice
>Pokémon BW2 trailer: Cheren has a Stoutland.
>Pokémon BW2: Cheren was heavily downgraded from his previous state, but he quickly shows his previous team later in the game. Also, PWT implies that all gym leaders have a very strong team going for them.

But there is a point against this theory.

>Pokémon Generations: Episode 13. All gym leaders arrive and their Pokémon are their ace from the gym battles. Case in point, Lenora's Herdier.
>>
>>30405689
you get a level 30 magmar and then farm missignos.
>>
>>30402602
>Valerie: Brothel owner and fetish enthusiast
Laughed more than I should have
>>
File: 54.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>30401385
And then there's sexy-ass Lusamine who's in her 40s
>>
>>30402072
I remember reading a book/diary of a girl from the Oregon Trail days. She was 13 or so and was old enough to get married and have a kid., if you weren't sick back then, the average life expectancy was 30 or so.
>>
>>30406388
feels awful, man
>>
>>30401806
Being a Captain is...a Trial.
>>
>>30402054
That's what I liked most about BW's leaders they were all well estwblished to do something else

The trio ran a restaurant
Cheren was a teacher
Lenora ran a museum
Burgh was an artist
Elesa a model
Clay ran a mining corp
Skyla is a pilot
Brycen is an actor
Drayden is a mayor
Roxie had a band
Marlon was a fisherman

Then you have XY, what does Olympia do again?
>>
>>30401884
And now I'm depressed.
>>
>>30400996
>kagetora quest
>everyone there is supposed to be around 50 and yet one trainer straight out died and others are not that far from it.
>>
>>30405948
Maybe Lenora was in a rush
>>
>>30407488

No, Kagetora says that the other trainers are all older than him, and they all refer to him as "young Kagetora" or "little Kagetora".
>>
>>30407542
30 years + it seems like they all were around 20 when they did battling outside of Kagetora who was a kid (likely 11 like all challengers)
>>
>>30407314
Think her concept art shows her as a fortune teller. Not very lucrative, but it's there.
>>
File: Carlos_Ramon.jpg (48KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos_Ramon.jpg
48KB, 720x480px
>>30407503
A sand rush?
>>
>>30401661
>And now you're mine; forever
wait, does that mean they can never leave Alola?
they're basically prisoners?
>>
>>30407314
Viola was a photographer, Grant was a climber, Corrina was skater and looked after the lucario tower as well, Ramos was a gardener, don't really understand what Clemont did in that tower, Valerie is a model/designer, Olympia is probably some kind of entertainer, Wulfric is i don't know, watches after the forest and pokemon village?
>>
>>30407727
>don't really understand what Clemont did in that tower

Clemont is a scientist and the inventor of Super Training.
>>
>>30402054
Misty is Swim Teacher. She has a pool and swimmers in her gym
>>
>>30407672
>Bulu threw a shitfit when the former Kahuna made skull. Nanu basically says he doesn't like it, but Bulu is forcing him.
>Hala freaked the fuck out and went on a rampage when his son ran off and refused the role. Probably in a mixture of anger for his son ditching and fear of what Koko would do.
>Olivia is kinda implied to want to quit so she can settle down and search in vain for a man.
>Fini didn't even really care.
Really depends who you're dealing with.
>>
>>30401415
It's mortgage or rent or flat share or living with your parents.
>>
>>30406571
Teens were still expected to be not useless wastes of space, but the average life expectancy was dragged down by high infant mortality, as he just said.

If you want examples from even further back, you couldn't even get into Roman politics unless you were at LEAST 40, which meant the highest members of state were generally in their 50s.

Once you got past the early hump, you could easily expect to see your 60s.
>>
>>30402602
Sabrina?
It's also noticeable, how she and her clique couped the old Gym leader of Saffronia city, so being a Gym leaders definitely comes with status.
>>
>>30407668
You son of a bitch...
>>
>>30407832
Oh I'm sure there were older people than 30 way back then. I just remember an old elementary teacher reading that diary and the author's lifestyle was brought up. The age limit thing could have been limited to the Oregon Trail. I'm not sure if I've seen even older people in movies/games based around the trail though, seems like I have, but nothing comes up to mind.

I tried finding more information on the book and didn't get squat. Apparently it's fiction based on the lifestyles though....
>>
>>30402970
Wait what? I thought the whole reason he was in Po Town was as an under-cover officer to keep tabs on Team Skull. Considering there's still grunts there post-game, couldn't that merely imply that he's still wrapping things up? Can you find him there postgame?

That's wild, gonna have to take a look-see tomorrow.
>>
>Implying I wouldn't marry Mallow, Lana, Chicken, or Lillie at 10
>>
>>30408546
He is a police officer but he lives there only because the rent is cheap as fuck.
>>
File: 064[1].jpg (608KB, 1280x847px) Image search: [Google]
064[1].jpg
608KB, 1280x847px
>>30408546

Nanu doesn't give a fuck about Team Skull, he just lives near Po Town because no one else will because they're afraid of living that close to Team Skull.

He doesn't do any actual police work, he just chills with his cats.
>>
>>30408656
Huh, well I'll be damned. Nanu's pretty dope.
>>
>>30400996
Is this a jab at the community?
>>
>>30401652
>calls Bruno a hobo when he's clearly a martial artist
>doesn't call Alder a hobo when he clearly sleeps under a bridge and survives on garlic
>>
>Catch a Magnetmite
>Any job I want, $200k starting

What's the matter failures? too stupid to catch an electric type that doesn't need to eat?
>>
>>30405948
And then there's the kahunas who also explicitly use teams much weaker than their actual ones against trial-goers. The first time you fight Hala he takes it unbelievably easy because you're just a kid doing their island challenge. When you face him in the Elite Four on the other hand...
>>
>>30401266
There's a guy in Thrifty Mart who was a pro. Now he has a wife, kid and a mortgage.

He sends you to fight Eeveelution trainers he looked up to as a kid, a couple of them are fucking dead.
>>
>>30408546
Nanu only lives in Po Town because the rent is cheap. He doesn't give a shit if they aren't hurting anyone other than themselves.
>>
>>30401214
the first pottermore test I took several years ago told me Gryffindor, when I retook it a couple of months ago I got into Slytherin
I kinda wanted to be a Ravenclaw
>>
>>30406571
That doesn't mean most people died at 30. If you have 50 babies die at age 0 and 50 people die at age 60, the average lifespan for those 100 people is 30.
>>
>>30400996
A lot of Shudo's ideas of the Pokemon world have been discredited one game after another, so I wouldn't hold any investment in that "10 is an adult" idea.
>>
>>30401415
>This is the second time (?) a Pokemon game talked about mortgage woes
>>
>>30401214
10/10 best house
>>
>>30401214
Ravenclaw reporting in
>>
>>30402685
Probably because Gym Leaders may have to devote hours of the day to train their subordinates.

It's also possible that higher tier Gym Leaders have more free time since most new trainers might struggle with the first 2-3 in-universe.
>>
>>30410773

Gym leaders scale their teams based on their opponent, there is no ranking between them.
>>
>>30401214
>>30409256
>>30410761
Ravenclaw best house
>>
>>30401415
>TFW you realize that gym leaders, elite four, and the champions are essentially the top 1℅
>people like Iris have set themselves up for life before 14

Feels intimidating.
>>
>>30410913
What exactly are Ravenclaws supposed to represent?

I know Gryffindors are brave, slytherins are assholes, hufflepuffs are cucks, but really friendly ones, but what are ravenclaws?
>>
>>30411469
IDK, man, people like Alder and Cynthia are champ and they're old as shit.
>>
>>30411625
"""Intelligent""" autists.
>>
>>30401094
>tfw i once considered Timmy Turner my sempai
>>
>>30411469
I tend to think of the professional Pokemon battle world to be closer to tennis or golf than a football or baseball team. More large events with high payouts and corporate sponsorship would fix the money issue. Then the trainers at the Gyms are paying membership dues and the gym leader gets a base salary from that.

Otherwise you're looking at a cashless society and Pokemon money is only good for Pokemon things.
>>
>>30401884
Now i understand why freeters are a thing
>>
>>30401011
No it wasn't. Average age doesn't mean that's how old people got.
>>
>>30401214
Hufflepuff, reporting.
>>
My guess is that Gym Leaders and E4 are employees of the region's League, hired for whatever reason, although the way they are managed/paid varies from region to region. Some might not earn enough money (or none at all) from their job, so they need do something else to pay their bills, while others can live off their occupation as a Gym Leader or E4 and maybe do their side jobs as a mere hobby, if they have any.
>>
>>30404468
Making movies in Unova.
>>
>>30410858
I know you're correct, but do you remember what the source of this is? I swear I remember something where a Gym Leader sees someone and goes like "Oh, you have this many badges, so I'll use this team", but I forget hwhere that was from - whether it was one of the animu, a game, a manga, or waht.
>>
>>30414007
it was brock in the origins anime
>>
Why is everyone assuming Gym Leaders and E4s need jobs? Being a Gym Leader IS a job, you know. They get enough money to pay Gym Trainer, and every single trainer that beats them. Obviously they're all fucking rich. The only reason some of them have jobs is because they like those jobs. Like Burgh for example. He clearly loves whatever it is that he does. Or a even Cheren. He became a Teacher because he wanted to. Not because he was dying of hunger and needed a job.
>>
>>30401214
Gryffindor and Puckwudgie reppin
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.