[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you try to make a team of your favorite pokemon but it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1447654246412.png (91KB, 288x292px) Image search: [Google]
1447654246412.png
91KB, 288x292px
>tfw you try to make a team of your favorite pokemon but it can never compete vs the perfectly crafted cookie-cutter team of strong meta pokemon

why did karen lie?
>>
All Pokemon are equal, but some Pokemon are more equal than others.
>>
I still use my favorites because losing with who you love is more fun that using Pokemon you don't care for.

My Aromatisse, Klinklang, Eviolite Vullaby, Milotic and Grandbull are always on my team
>>
You can use your favorite pokemon but you have to build around them. You can't just slap your bro on your team and call it a day.
>>
>>30394059
She didn't lie; you just need to get good.
>>
>>30394153
so you can only use 1 of your favorites
>>
>his favorites aren't Landorus and Tapu Lele
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 266x190px
>>30394115
>>
>tfw your favorite Pokemon gets a buff in gen 7 but is still barely usable, and completely garbage in competitive

one day you'll be relevant corsola
>>
>>30394059
Usually every Pokemon as a very singular niche that they can perform fairly well or are unique at performing. Unfortunately many OU Pokemon outclass others in the most common roles, so you have to be tricky and or weird with things.

Mix your favorites in with other OU-countering Pokemon so that you can get some mileage out of them. Has worked with mild success for me. It's funny to go and shit on folks with Masquerain sweeping shit with Choice Specced Hydro Pumps and Bug Buzz or Eviolite Doublade tanking Earthquakes like a bitch.
>>
>>30394059
Because she wants you to be a bottom bitch for the rest of your life. She's Dark type, remember?
>>
>>30394249
Pretty much. And be glad for that.
Otherwise just go stroke off Pimpnite as he memes yet another baton pass sweep.
>>
>>30394059
But OP, what if my favorites are good competitively?
>>
>>30394059
>tfw you try to make a team of your favorite pokemon but it can never compete vs the perfectly crafted cookie-cutter team of strong meta pokemon

I felt this feel for the first time I tried making a competitive team but also tried using my favourites

When I got my shit handed to me by an actual competitive team I just gave up the scene completely, it's not worth it
>>
>>30394532
I used to be Pepe just like you, but then I took a Harambe to the meme! Thanks for the gold 9gag!
>>
File: 1480378504390.png (206KB, 748x639px) Image search: [Google]
1480378504390.png
206KB, 748x639px
>>30394059
But what if your favorite pokemon are also ones that are good competitively? I genuinely love mons like Garchomp and Greninja.
>>
>want to play competitive with my faves
>my faves are
>>Arbok
>>beedrill
>>ariados
>>Golisopod
>>heliolisk
>>leavanny
>>
>>30396787
>Love Scizor all my life.
>Admit this on /vp/ when he was king.
>Get shitblasted from all sides.
I'm so glad he got a mega.
>>
>want to get into competitive
>can't bring myself to use cancerous stallmon or OU powerhouses
>end up making meme teams of cute pokemon and losing constantly

I'll be dead in the ground before I use Mega Slowbro or Skarmory
>>
>>30396918
You know there are more tiers than OU right?
>>
>>30396767
le take my upvotes good sire! xD
>>
>>30396941
Not on cartridge
>>
>>30394059
>truely skilled trainer should try to win with their favorites
>try

Pokemon is about having fun afterall
>>
>>30396650
>Fagonite
>Sweep
Dude, i've fought that faggot like 4 times and whenever i predcited a move, he disconnected
>>
>>30396987
Yeah there is, There's Ubers and AG :^3
>>
>>30396918
There are WAY more Pokemon for you to use than Slowbro or Skarmory. Those don't even get used that often on Stall
>>
>>30394059
Build your team around your favorite. You can get away with with using one or two niche shitmons if the rest of your team can back them up.
>>
>>30397093
>slowbro
>most common set is CM/scald/slack/toxic
>not stall
>>
>>30396650
but... assault vest goodra...
>>
>>30397077
To be fair, he does have to pump out those videos fairly fast and often, so he probably doesn't wanna waste time in a battle he's not going to get the sweep in.
>>
>>30397231
OK so is English just not your first language or something, because no where in that sentence did I imply that Slowbro was not used FOR stall. I said it wasn't ON stall that often. Look at the sentence again, the word "on" is right there, come on man.

I'll even turn around and concede that Skarmory is in fact used a little more on Stall teams than I implied, but that still doesn't mean that Slowbro is used just as often OR that you even need to specifically play stall teams all that often. There are entire sections on Smogon dedicated to playstyles
>>
>>30396655
then you got shit taste anon
>>
>>30397348
Both Slowbro and M-Slowbro are OU by usage, so to claim that it is not often picked on stall would be objectively false
>>
>>30397513
OK one, there's no way you don't understand that there are more ways than one to build a Stall team
Two, there's hardly anyway that M-Slowbro sees as much play, specifically, on Stall because M-Sableye is an absolute staple for 90% of Stall teams currently on the ladder. Now unless I'm missing something and M-Sableye has already gotten banned from SM meta, then the only Pokemon you'd see on stall would be regular Slowbro, but my point still stands that it's not often seen on stall teams as much as you're implying. Slowbro sees more play on balanced and bulky offense builds as defensive pivot
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.