[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: SOS.png (155KB, 865x384px) Image search: [Google]
SOS.png
155KB, 865x384px
Sans things calling themselves, here are the existing sos links in SM including totem calls. What do you think? Good mechanic? Bad? Favorite SOSs? Ones you wish they'd used but didn't?
>>
>>30389589
oh, in case it wasn't clear: the left of each of the 6 columns is the main encounter, those to the right of it are its SOS calls
>>
>>30389589
>Kommo-o could call Scizor
It's a good fucking thing I oneshot the fuck cuz it would've demolished me
>>
>>30389702
The ally Pokemon in that fight are low-30's.
>>
>>30389589
>cubone
>kangaskhan

o shit
>>
I do wish there had been a few more interesting ecological themed SOSs.
>Miltank and Tauros was kind of obvious
>Cubone and Kangaskhan was a neat surprise
>Trumbeak and Paras/Morelull was clever
>all the SOSs involving Bonsly and Sudowoodo were kinda clever
>Corsola & Toxapex and Carbink & Sableye having predatory links was fun
>the circle of life thing from Tentacruel to Finneon to Pelipper to Gastrodon back to Tentacruel was especially neat, just a shame it wasn't more diverse. would have been cool to see a land one that wasn't all the same type
>>
fun mechanic but definitely needs to be an optional thing. like they only call for help if you use the adrenaline orb or something. it's fucking annoying when you're trying to catch a pokemon
>>
What does SOS stand for?
>>
>>30390374
Save Our Ship, old maritime distress signal.
>>
>>30389776
Had that happen to me. The programmers are some cheeky cunts
>>
>the Pokedex says Cubone's cries attracts Mandibuzz looking to collect its bones
>neither Mandibuzz or Vullaby respond to Cubone's SOS

gg John Gamefreak
>>
>>30389589
Good idea, subpar execution.
>>
>>30389589
I thought it was really fun actually. I'd like it to be kept with some of the kinks ironed out (Like making it so they can't call for help the same turn an ally fainted, cos that's some bullshit).
>>
>>30389589
>Sans

Get this Undertale shit out of here
>>
>>30391447
Read a dictionary.

I liked it, but I think them calling in should count as their turn and that they shouldn't be able to call in the moment their buddy faints. Wouldn't mind seeing more of it and seeing more of the clever relationships they show with it.
>>
It should have been something you could encounter at will.

Like all Pokemon battles are normal but if you use an Adrenaline Orb then it'll call a new Pokemon whenever possible. That way you have a certainty and a guarantee rather than it being left to random chance and you waste so much fucking time.
>>
>>30391808
Maybe like the doubles grass from Gen 5?
>>
>>30391984
Yup, basically like that. So you can choose whether the battle can be a wild Double Battle, or hell, they could program it so that certain grass patches would act like doubles grass so that a Pokemon will always call for help the moment one's defeated.

I think the issue really is the random chance. You try to catch a Pokemon and then it summons another one so you have to KO that one. You try to weaken a Pokemon to force it to summon another and it doesn't. It's just not fun.
>>
>>30392167
Yeah, I had that problem when trying to get corsolas to call for help. That being said, I've not really had any issues with other pokemon calling for help. 90% of the time, nothing comes to back them up.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.