[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YOU STUPID FUCKS HAD TO GLITCH UP PORYGON2. WE COULD HAVE HAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

YOU STUPID FUCKS HAD TO GLITCH UP PORYGON2. WE COULD HAVE HAD SOMETHING GREAT AND REALISTIC BUT NOOOOOOO YOU JUST HAD TO MAKE A JUMBLED AND GLITCHY MESS THANKS A FUCKING LOT
>>
>Mega Porygon-Z
>its mega stone is called Patch 2.0
There you go
>>
>that eye
remove yourself
>>
>>30388669
>Generic bird
>better than glitched mess referencing what generally happens when you use unofficial mods
sure ok
>>
>>30388669
>realistic Porygon
>not a duck
>>
>>30388967
Give Porygon2 a split evo.

Porygon-Z stays as it is, it's the glitchy, unofficial mod of Porygon.
Then add Porygon-3, the official Silph-Co continuation of the line. Have the evo-item be an official software pack or something.

But here's the twist, Porygon-3 is a physical attacker instead of special. You could have an npc in-universe complain about how the developers completely missed the appeal of Porygon, in some sort of attempt to reach out to a new audience. Have a minor bit of fluff about fans of Porygon-Z for its glitchy charm, and Porygon-3 for taking things into a bold new direction.

I don't know, could be fun. Too bad cross-gen evolutions will literally never happen again.
>>
>>30388967
But most unofficial mods don't do ANYTHING outstanding
>>
>>30389124
That would be pretty cool actually.
>>
I just want another low poly porygon evolution/form. It's a lot cooler now that he's actually in 3d.

Also OP, that design is terrible, turning him into a fucking route 1 bird.
>>
>>30389124
That's really cool. If only we had cross gen evos like this, or just cross gen evos in general.
>>
>>30388925
That would be awesome, but it also means gamefreak would never do it
>>
>>30389124
Well it can - eviolite only prevents lines from being expanded - like say a Fearow evo being nixed.

Split evos along the lines of Politoed are still possible though they'd probably go the regional variants instead.

That said, I don't see Porygon as being the kind of pokemon to ever get a regional variant, so it might be open to a new split evo.
>>
>>30389391
They could somehow legitimize it as a regional variant. The patch item could be a region-exclusive, like how some titles only see release in certain countries
>>
File: porygon z.jpg (106KB, 842x202px) Image search: [Google]
porygon z.jpg
106KB, 842x202px
>>30389124
well D&P was the first time Porygon Z appeared, so they might give it a new form in the remake. Especially since it was meant for dimensional exploration and all.

For the mean time Z-Conversion works brilliantly.
>>
>>30389124
Have they ever given a good reason as to why they wanted to stop doing cross gen evos? Was Gen 4 just such a massive success completely fixing otherwise worthless Pokemon that they saw it was such a good idea and said "nah fuck that"?
>>
>>30389689
>Have they ever given a good reason as to why they wanted to stop doing cross gen evos?
Eviolite.
>>
>Porygon-Z was made for extradimensional activity
>gen 7 introduces Z moves and extradimensional pokemon, as well as a scientific group with shady experimental artificial pokemon
>>
>>30389749
That's a terrible reason that hardly makes any sense since you could still use Eviolite on shitmons that need some form of help in terms of an evolution. Especially since the concept of patches is apparently completely foreign to GF
>>
>>30388669
>just another generic bird

Yeah nah this is shit and it goes against the whole appeal of the Porygon line in the first place
>>
if they ever do mega porygon it should be super min maxed, to reflect modern computing efficiency.
>>
>>30389689
Megas
>>
>>30389919
Won't ever happen again apparently
>>
>>30389819
>Z Conversion

>>30389875
Keep the same stats, but give it an ability called "free conversion". Make it so it changes porygon's type to the type that best resists or is immune to the attack before it hits.
>>
>>30389689
Well, it can kinda be forgiven in Gen 5, they wanted to do a whole semi-reboot, by only giving you brand new Pokemon during the main game, and saving previous gen mons for the postgame, hence why we got so many new Pokemon, for better or worse.

Gen 6 was kind of inexcusable, especially since we got Sylveon and NOTHING else. I know it's been said a billion times, but I'm sure Mega Evolution has quashed 95% of any chance for cross-gen evos. 3-stagers like the starters, pseudos, and crappy families like Beedril and Pidgeot getting Megas is fine and dandy, but shitty to mediocre mons like Audino or Camerupt are doomed to never "truly" being salvaged through evolution.

The only chance would be if Gamefreak suddenly retconned away Megas entirely, or retconned them into proper evolutions for 1 and 2-stagers. Gamefreak is clearly extremely hesitant to retcon ANYTHING, however, as evidenced by Eevee still evolving into Leafeon and Glaceon via the Moss Rock and Ice Rock, instead of the Leaf Stone and newly added Ice Stone.
>>
>>30389875
All these jury-rigged additions to the battle system like megas and z-powers are just going to make future generations even more of a clusterfuck.
They're going to end up in this bizarre in-the-game-but-kinda-half-assed-and-awkwardly-reintroduced state like Megas are now, and I don't see it getting better.

I am assuming they won't just completely remove z-power from future generations, which is a definite possibility.
>>
>>30390117
i think z-powers are a bit of an attempt to make something like mega levels, except not totally broken.
>>
>>30390175
They also strike me as something easily removed from future generations.
There's no forms involved, they just power up existing moves, and they can be wiped out just by not reintroducing the crystals in future gens.
Either that or we're going to end up with some serious bloat in the battle system sooner or later.
>>
>>30390117
>I am assuming they won't just completely remove z-power from future generations, which is a definite possibility.

Maybe in the same way that removing megas was a possibility.
>>
Porygon4K
>>
>>30389749
Just change eviolite in the later gens to only work on a Pokemons base and second evolution.
>>
>>30390226
Bloat is here to stay.
GF never actually removes anything, there are stubbed bikes on SM, even.
You can see it in the plates+memories+genesplicers+graciela+orbs+dragon ascent tutor+seal bottle and more.

And megas can also be "removed" by just removing the stones, but I doubt it too.
>>
>>30389689
Eviolite Megas and now regional forms have rendered cross-gen evos as we know them as irrelevant.

People keeps saying GF stopped doing cross-gen evolutions but that isn't the case; they're just doing newer ways now.
>>
File: porygon z flip.gif (93KB, 476x380px) Image search: [Google]
porygon z flip.gif
93KB, 476x380px
>>30390555
triples confirm.

Also reminder that a porygon z mega would be obtainable right at level 1.
>>
>>30390555
I was just wondering where they put the deoxys meteors and rotom appliances in SM
>>
>>30391342
Observatory for the first ones I've heard.
>>
>>30389598
still hilarious it took 7 gens for porygon to finally start using its signature move
>>
>>30389689
>Massive success, fixing otherwise useless Pokemon
>Rhyperior
>Magmortar

More like shitting on good designs.
some are really cool tho like mismagius and honchkrow
>>
>>30391671
>>Rhyperior
>>Magmortar
Ok, agreed.
Magmar is unfixable
>>
File: 1470176721008.png (318KB, 1084x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1470176721008.png
318KB, 1084x1064px
>>30391056
I'm kind of disappointed they didn't do an alolan form for something that already had a mega, just to see how different they might end up

Gotta have more genwun though
>>
>>30391671
>>MUH DESIGNS

Nah go fuck yourself I love their movepool and strength they have. Also the design isn't even that bad.
>>
File: porygon z eating.gif (633KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
porygon z eating.gif
633KB, 500x290px
With the way he eats, you'd think he would be faster.
>>
File: tumblr_ndan21xsac1rbkwypo1_1280.jpg (181KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndan21xsac1rbkwypo1_1280.jpg
181KB, 960x1280px
>>30389534
>>30389124
If you believe the pokedex...
>>
>>30390115
It drives me crazy because I'd love Mega Banette to just be Banette's third evolution. Especially since Duskull got a three stage evo.
>>
File: e22.gif (2MB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
e22.gif
2MB, 240x240px
>>30391911
>>
>>30392037
I dislike mega Bannette.
Banette's entry says that if the zippers open, its soul will fade away.
The mega just goes and does it anyway.
I hope it gets a new entry for the mega.
>>
>Not taking porygon-z with you to space
>>
>>30391609
Porygon 2's signature, conversion 2, would be usable it it was a priority move.
>>
>>30391911
Well it keeps growing back, how is he supposed to eat the whole thing?
>>
>>30392328
Ah, I had forgotten about that. From a design standpoint I love it, but I can see what that would be a problem.
>>
File: true evolution.png (72KB, 690x340px) Image search: [Google]
true evolution.png
72KB, 690x340px
>>30388669
that's not the real evolution.
>>
File: 1386746399672.jpg (12KB, 310x238px) Image search: [Google]
1386746399672.jpg
12KB, 310x238px
>>30388669
You're quite possibly the first person on this board I've ever seen who DOESN'T like Porygon-Z.

Opinions are opinions and all, but with that said, kys please.
>>
I would watch this.
>>
>>30393312
WE
>>
>>30393312
Digital Crusaders.
>>
>>30393409
WUZ
>>
>>30388669

Fuck you, Bootleg Duck is amazing.
>>
>>30391342
Deoxys' meteor is (presumably) at Sophocles room at the observatory, the Rotom appliances are (presumably) the appliance boxes in Kukui's lab's basement.
>>
>>30393616
KANGZ
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.