[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Pokemon sun and moon sell 3.7 million in less than 2 weeks in America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshots_2016-11-30-14-41-01.png (718KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2016-11-30-14-41-01.png
718KB, 1080x1920px
85% percent increase over X and Y holy shit
>>
>>30385633
best games in the series

THANK YOU BASED OHMORI
>>
>>30385633
Inb4: SuMo sucks, they won't even outsell XY!!
>>
Almost certainly the Pokémon GO effect.

And imagine how much more it could have been if they'd handled GO competently (keeping interest up until November, maybe adding a couple of SM Pokémon to pique people's interest...).
>>
File: 1479186021648.png (248KB, 450x504px) Image search: [Google]
1479186021648.png
248KB, 450x504px
>>30385711
>not knowing how to inb4
>SuMo

hello newfriend, can you please lurk a little bit more before you start posting?
>>
The best selling Nintendo game of all time in the UK too. In Japan it's weaker than XY but I imagine GO wasn't really popular there either and pokemon games always sell about the same there
>>
>>30385831
Hi, newfriend can you not fall for bait? Thanks :-)
>>
>>30386082
Get counterbaited nerd, thanks for the you (0:>>30386082
>>
File: 1480113287375.png (103KB, 332x350px) Image search: [Google]
1480113287375.png
103KB, 332x350px
>>30386082
>i-i was just p-pretending to be retarded!

When will Reddit go away
>>
>>30385712
This.

>The power of normies is amazing!
>>
>>30385877
Think it's more due to the Japanese gaming industry being in the shitter. Things rarely do well there anymore
>>
>>30386190
Sametime /vp/ gets deleted
>>
>>30385633
It would've been impressive...

...if it wasnt for Pokemon GO
>>
Week 2 Japan sales:1.9 million
Week 2 US sales:3.7 million
Week 1 EU sales: 1.5 million

That's 7.1 million in 2 weeks

XY two week sales: 5.3 million
>>
>>30386422
So where's the 85% increase?
>>
>>30386500
That's us sales
>>
>>30385633
3.7 million in less than 2 weeks is a 85% increase over X/Y? Didn't they say that X/Y sold 4 million in 2 DAYS?
>>
>>30386500
this article is about america. thats where the 85% increase came from. also japan is 2.1 million with the dual packs
>>
>>30386559
4 million worldwide.
>>
>>30386323
Shouldn't you be getting your posts edited or something?
>>
>>30386559
it says 85% increase in america
>>
>>30386422
Still 2 more days to go and a week to go for the UK. Then it'll be officially 2 weeks. This shit sells like crazy
>>
>>30385877
Pokemon Go didn't do well in Japan. Not because Japanese fans weren't interested, but because there was a server error a week after the game released and they were forced to completely wipe everyone's progress. A LOT of people quit after that.
>>
>a far bigger audience than for gen 6 is going to experience a far better game. arguably one of the best in the series.
feels good
>>
they've got to wring out one more game of the 3ds now
>>
>>30386703
Yeah specially the handholding
>>
>>30385711
>Sales always = Quality

sasuga, anon-kun

Game was hyped beyond belief, game is really just the same it's always been with every gen

One Step Forward, Two Steps Backwards: The Game, regarding certain mechanics.
>>
to put things in perspective WII u sold 12 million in 4 years and pokemon sun and moon sold 7.3 million in last 2 weeks without counting digital
>>
The problem is GF still is lazy as fuck.

They've spend longer than usual on making SM and the post game is still as short and empty as 6 gen.

Battle Tree roster is a joke

The game doessnt even have decent caves this time around which even XY had

Handholding and cutscenes went beyond anything we saw so far in Pokemon games

The only positive thing is there's more characterization for Alola people and the region but even that isnt as charming as Unova or interesting as Sinnoh
>>
>>30386200

But m-muh pachinko!
>>
>>30386200
That's happeing there?
>>
>>30386930
>unova and sinnoh
>charming and interesting
Maybe they were because you were younger.
>>
Imagine how much better it would be doing if Go was in the hands of competent devs.
>>
>>30385633
>SM are moving huge numbers
>release HD third version/sequel on Switch
>everyone buys it for Portable/HD Pokemon
>huge Switch installbase
>devs flock to Switch seeing these numbers
>Nintendo's new Golden Age
Is it finally happening?
>>
>>30387122
Nah, Sinnoh's really comfy for exploration and one of the only regions that makes me feel like I'm actually on an adventure rather than a theme park ride.

Unova's a pile of shit though.
>>
>>30387185
Nintendo is also doing some stuff on the side like looking into movies and there's that Universal theme park partnership going on.
Combine that with more mobile games like Super Mario Run as well. Yeah, Nintendo is gonna be on a roll
>>
>>30387185
this is basically GBA and gamecube all over again. top 3 highest selling gba games are pokemon just like the 3ds and gamecube flopped just like wii u flopped. switch confirmed DS and wii success
>>
>>30386200
but why?
>>
>>30387197
This.
The region was comfy as fuck and you always found something going everywhere.
>>
>>30387122

Not the guy you're responding to, but I thought that both regions (particularly Unova) were quite charming and interesting, and I wasn't particularly young for either one.
>>
>>30387185
kill yourself delusional faggot
>>
>>30385633
Sun and Moon could literally become the second best selling pokemon games, it be tough, but that 23mil mark can be broken and take gold and silver spot.
>>
>>30387185
No wonder all these third party developers are so rosey about the Switch. It's got the pokemon audience locked in.
>>
>>30386796
>Handholding
While the overhealing left and right early game was bad, the totem pokemon made X&Y feel like a joke, lets just hope they don't go down from the current spot they are currently in.
>>
>>30387197
>feels like you're wading through molasses
>>comfy
About as comfy as SM's double battle framerate. Everything about Sinnoh was a mistake and only underage children think it was any good at all.
>>
>>30387351
next 3 weeks is christmas shopping. so numbers will still build. 23 million sold with a 65 million user base on 3ds would be insanity. 35% attach rate
>>
>>30387180

This. See >>30385712. If they had done anything at all to get GO players interested in SM, these sales figures would have been even crazier.

All they had to do was put maybe 20 SM Pokémon, including a few Alola forms, into GO in September or October. The casual fans or Gen 1-playing adults see the cute seal or the Dugtrio with the awesome hair, and there you go, another sale. I'm sure that conversion rates from GO to SM were quite high as it is, but with a little in-game promotion they could have sold even more. It's a huge misstep that they didn't bother with this.
>>
>>30386804
Content is not mechanics anon, how Sun and Moon are a step backward on that deparment.
>>
>>30387416
I didnt have any problems with Totem Pokemon

In facat i had more issues with catching some wild pokes avaible via SOS battles

Totems are easy
>>
>>30387425
>Anyone who has a different opinion than me is underage!

Found the real underage.
>>
RIP those few autists on /v/ that shilled Yokai Watch for 3 years straight and insisted it would kill pokemon
>>
>>30386930
>Wanting caves this bad
are you retarded? next you tell me you miss using HM's on the world map.
>>
>>30387518

Yokai Watch was dead on arrival in the West. To put it simply, it was too Japanese. Everybody understands the appeal of catching "monsters," but Japanese spirits so culturally specific that there isn't even a translation besides "Yokai?" It was never going to be more than a niche thing here.
>>
in 2 weeks pokemon sun and moon out sold any first party ps4 and x box one games. imagine if pokemon was 3rd party. 30 million would be possible
>>
>>30387716
This, the game is good, but is more of a cultural game, the fun of the game is understanding its cultural jokes and references.
>>
>>30387690
No, im glad HMs are gone but caves full of trainers to fight were good.
>>
>>30385633
Thank god for Pokemon Go, even if I never got into it.
Now we're guaranteed gen 8.
Definitely no gen 9 though, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>30387860
> Definitely no gen 9 though, for obvious reasons.
And what would those be? The only way I could see Pokemon not going on is if Nintendo stops making their own consoles, and even then I doubt the franchise would just stop.
>>
>>30387471
I really expected them to do some kind of game transfer promotion to take advantage of the GO audience
Imagine what the numbers would be like if every copy of SM came with a code to get the legendary birds/Mewtwo/Mew in GO earlier than normal.
>>
>>30388026

That's another really good idea. Seriously, if us amateurs can come up with these obvious ways to cross-sell at literally no cost to the developers, then what the hell was stopping Gamefreak/Nintendo? They should teach about this in business schools as a case study of an absurd missed opportunity to massively increase a brand's reach.
>>
>>30386635
>>30386323
>>30386190
>>30386082
>>30385831
internal reddit affairs, please sort your shit out somewhere else
>>
File: ohshitniggerferaligatr.jpg (11KB, 202x200px) Image search: [Google]
ohshitniggerferaligatr.jpg
11KB, 202x200px
>>30387425

>Everything about Sinnoh was a mistake

Especially the physical/special move split, right? The inclusion of snowy terrain? Platinum with it's excellent post-game content? One of the best and most challenging Champion fights of the entire series?

Keep your worthless opinion to yourself m8.
>>
Pretty crazy, especially considering it's late in the 3DS's life. Didn't think Pokemon Go would have THAT much of an effect.
>>
>>30386930
>The only positive thing is there's more characterization for Alola people and the region but even that isnt as charming as Unova or interesting as Sinnoh

Now I do love myself some Sinnoh, but holy crap are you wrong about Alola. I am completely in love with this region. It feels so fresh and new. I like the environments, the nature feel, and then the stark contrast with the Aether Foundation HQ with its pure white.

Alola is amazing Anon.
>>
>>30387122

Unova and Sinnoh certainly had a lot more character as regions than Alola did. Which is strange considering the opportunity for badass landscapes in a tropical environment... which Alola profoundly failed to capitalize on.

Alola's true strength was it's characters, whom were quite fleshed out and had more characters with more depth than maybe any other game in the series, (previous games would average 1-3 characters with interesting backstories.)
>>
>>30385633
Shit, is it too late to become a so called poketuber? These guys will swim in easy money.
>>
>>30387180
I am still ultra mad about Pokemon GO.
How...HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DROP THE BALL ON SUCH A CONCEPT? HOLY SHIT.

CATCHING MONS IN REAL LIFE.

It literally is almost a fucking foolproof concept. Almost. Because somehow fucking Niantic managed to drop the ball so hard the game is basically dead now. I really don't get it.
>>
>>30387860

>for obvious reasons
>doesn't state what any of these reasons are since they are so obvious

I cannot think of a single reason why there wouldn't be a ninth generation in particular. As far as I understand, the only thing holding back Game Freak from milking Pokemon until the end of time is the amount of money they're making. As long as the cash is flowing they're gonna be grinding.

Maybe back in gen 4/5 it might have looked like gen 6/7 could be the end but Pokemon has been looking up as it's audience has been expanding.
>>
>>30388026
Or the option to transfer your mons from Go to Sun/Moon.

> "Transfer your Pokemon from Pokemon GO to Alola and go on an exciting adventure with them!"

This shit writes itself.
>>
>>30387860
>Definitely no gen 9 though, for obvious reasons.
Even if GF got tired of making Pokemon, there are too many people whose jobs depend on this series for them to just stop making it. We'll stop getting Gens when the games stop selling, and if this announcement is any indication, that isn't happening anytime soon
>>
>>30388176
Yes you clearly know better, it was such a failure wasn't it?
>>
>>30388593
Honestly there are dozens of ways they could have done it that wouldn't even require changing either game. I do remember them saying GO would be able to connect to the main game series in someway, way back when GO was announced, but I've haven't heard a peep since
>>
maybe game freak just doesn't want anything to do with that shitty mobile game yet
>>
>>30388713
Yeah. Since we are going to be able to send mons from R/B/Y to Sun/Moon it's clear that they are probably going to make it so that Bank creates a new mon with the info it gets from wich Pokemon you send up.

So it's already possible to transfer mons with wildly different coding and such to the newest games.

It would have been a fantastic concept. Kids would be happy as hell to use their precious Vaporeons or whatever in their playtrough team.
>>
>>30385633
say hello to the go fags
>>
>>30385712
You faggots are reaching so hard you'll throw out your backs. The game is successful and the game is fun. Point and point
>>
>>30387860
And what are those obvious reasons?
>>
>>30388510
You'll need a schtick to attract people
>>
>>30388670

Yes, it was a failure, in the sense that it could have been a much greater success.
>>
>>30388593
Actually I remember an announcement regarding compatibility between sm and go
>>
this is nice
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.