[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Villain Teams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon villian teams.jpg (190KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon villian teams.jpg
190KB, 1280x720px
What Pokemon villain team do you think is the best? Most memorable? Most powerful/dangerous? Best thought out intentions/scheme? Does Team Skull have lasting power in the series?

While I do think Team Rocket has the most basic evil intentions, they don't operate at grand world/universe changing scales.

For me, Team Plasma and their members were the most memorable of any of them just since their characters seemed to be fleshed out a lot more. Even in BW2 they continued to add quite a bit to their narrative.

>Team Galactic
I thought Cyrus was a cool guy and had a lot of evil potential, but the team fails to stand out narratively and visually

>Team Magma/Aqua
I love both of their aesthetics and they have memorable members, but wtf is their plan exactly? Why are they so stupid?

>Team Flare
Lysandre's style was the only good thing about these literally whos
>>
Aqua, Aqua/Magma, Plasma because Ghetsis is insane, Rocket, Yes
>>
>>30384736
In Gen III, Team Magma and Aqua's plans were stupid.
In ORAS, Team Magma's goals actually made sense and in the real world would get a lot of support. Expand the landmass for the benefit of humanity and development. It was the way that they were going to achieve said goal that was a bit iffy. At least Tabitha tried to warn Maxie it wouldn't work based on his research.
Team Aqua's goals on the other hand remain stupid in both. How the fuck is raising the sea level going to help Pokemon? It sure as hell won't help land Pokemon, since they'll drown and lose their habitat, and it won't help Sea Pokemon at all since the world is 70% water already and they have plenty of room.
>>
File: ofb3dsoV3n1r241r6.gif (2MB, 318x248px) Image search: [Google]
ofb3dsoV3n1r241r6.gif
2MB, 318x248px
>>30384736
Why no mention of the Aether Foundation?

>What Pokemon villain team do you think is the best?
I liked the original Team Plasma.

>Most memorable?
Team Skull.

>Most powerful/dangerous?
Galactic. They take control of five Legendaries.

>Best thought out intentions/scheme?
Probably original Plasma, I guess.

>Does Team Skull have lasting power in the series?
Pic related.
>>
>>30384977
>What Pokemon villain team do you think is the best?
Galactic aka the only team which basically succeded and only Giratina's intervention saved everything
>Most memorable?
Skull.
>Most powerful/dangerous?
Galactic
>Best thought out intentions/scheme?
Rocket
>Does Team Skull have lasting power in the series?
Definitely yes
>>
>>30384736
I like Plasma the best overall. They call into question the idea of owning Pokemon only to have it all be manipulated by a huge jerk.

I think Team Rocket's the most memorable though. The anime helps and they're the first ones to go around stealing Pokemon and are also the first team to explicitly kill a Pokemon.

The most powerful and dangerous... are we talking potentially or practically? Because while I am not fond of Team Flare they do have power. They control the media, and they have a weapon to destroy the world. They have a higher up as an Elite Four. But in terms of potential? Probably Team Galactic because of how much power the Creation Trio presumably has.

I think the best thought out intentions and scheme would be B2W2 Plasma. They dropped all pretense of liberating Pokemon (while the remaining ex Plasmas still struggle with this, as well as Hugh to an extent) and just become terrorists. Colress just goes along for the sake of power and science, and they actually do some legitimate damage to the region. Albeit only Opelucid City, but still.

Team Skull definitely has lasting power. Because they're the first team to not go for the Legendary Pokemon. They're just a bunch of street thugs. They're hilarious, somewhat pitiable, somewhat relatable. And they end up being pawns to the real villains.
>>
>>30384736
>the best?
Team Magma. With the way Pokemon work, a larger landmass is practically needed for sufficient biodiversity.

>most memorable?
Galactic. They had distinct, out-of-place even for Pokemon outfits, a cult mentality, and were arguably closest to succeeding. Also, Cyrus is a great villain.

>most powerful/dangerous?
Aether Foundation. People trust them, they have huge amounts of resources and support, and no regards for anyones' wellbeing - even their own.

>best thought out intentions?
Team Flare. Lysandre knew what he was doing. He had everything planned out precisely. He even did so while maintaining a positive public persona.

>Team Skull have lasting power
Yes, if just as a meme.
>>
>>30384736
Skull, skull, skull, and skull
>>
Literally the ONLY reason Galactic didn't succeed was because a fucking diety they didn't know existed came out of another dimension to fuck them up

Even then, Cyrus got what he wanted and the only reason he got beat AGAIN was because the deity left behind a portal where the fucking two most powerful trainers in the region decided to waltz right in
>>
File: vs bosses.png (543KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
vs bosses.png
543KB, 1200x600px
>>30384736
Skull isn't even really all that villainous, their villainy comes mainly from assisting Aether. Aether is alright, I like the concept and Lusamine is cool but it bugs me that part of the reason she went batshit was because of Nihilego's toxins. Would have preferred her to be more straight up evil like Ghetsis.

In terms of characters, Aqua and Magma are probably the best desu. ORAS did a good job of fleshing them out and making them distinct, and pretty much all the main members of Aqua/Magma get some development which is nice.

My overall favorite villain is Cyrus, though Galactic itself it middling. He's surprisingly compelling for a Pokemon character.
>>
>>30386217
>surprisingly compelling

It's been almost a decade since I played Diamond so refresh my memory, what was he like as a villain?
>>
>>30386260
I think he's a bit different in DP, but in Platinum he wants to make a new universe without emotion/spirit because he believes emotion to be the cause of conflict and strife. He fools his team into thinking they're only going to change the current world, not literally create a new world.

He has trouble understanding others and was abused/neglected by his parents (I don't remember the exact details) and that's probably part of the reason he thinks getting rid of feeling would be a good thing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.