[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weekly /vp/ battle league #0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: berryjuice_lc.png (323KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
berryjuice_lc.png
323KB, 600x400px
Weekly /vp/ battle league #0
>What is this?
A (bi-?)weekly themed weekend tournament based around a rating system which means you can challenge or call out in the thread for a battle with someone and win/lose rating based on your performance. So far there has been some interest shown.
This week is a Little Cup to test the waters with a low entry requirement so that everyone that wants to get into it can give it a shot.

This week: Singles Little Cup
Starts @ Friday, 2 Dec 19:00 CET
Ends @ Sunday, 4 Dec 23:59 EST
Format: Singles, bring 6, fight 3v3, rating based tournament

Rules:
>All pokemon must be level 20
>Only pokemon that have not yet evolved but are capable of evolution
>Only 1 pokemon of the same species is allowed on the team (no 2x ghastly ect.)
>The only items that are allowed are berries & z-moves.
>Each item type can only be used by 1 pokemon on your team. (1x normalium-z, 1x oran berry ect.)
>Only legal pokemon allowed (injections, save-edits of pokemon currently not obtainable are not allowed)

Banned:
>Moves with a damage ratio higher than 81 (Dragon Rush, Brave Bird ect.)
>Dragon Rage
>Any item that is not a berry
>The use of the following pokemon: Scyther

Changes:
>Offensive TM's now allowed, wanted to make it accessible to anyone wanting to give it a shot then placing a ban on TM's probably isn't a good idea in hindsight.
>Now only 1 type of berry/item allowed per team.

Rewards:
TBD, open to in-game donations, Might give away my own bred staple Pokemon to the winner with some Johto balls.

Early Signup:
You can signup whenever you want, even during the league weekend, just reply to the anchor post below and we’ll set you up.

Ideas for next week:
>Doubles Little Cup, same rules except for doubles format
>Type-themed cup, random type or a type that is voted on
>Flying cup, only pokemon with flying type/levitate allowed.
>Insert your idea here

Might use the global-link Friendly Competition mode once it’s released.
>>
Reply to this to sign up. You are free to drop in or out at any time during the league itself or before it.
Current Sign-ups(IGN):
Chicken-chan
Zechariah
Yawn
Ryan
Michael
Ricky
Elissy
Leam
Mids
>>
>All those lewd, trade and ditto beg threads
>No actual battling going on

Any lurkers around? anyone that has signed up? fixing up your teams yet? anyone that has doubts of joining in on the fun?
>>
>>30382862
Lurking here, just waiting for Friday, gonna start making a team later when I arrive home. Have 2 mons I have in mind.
>>
>>30382906
Nice, how far are you guys planning to take it? egg moves? IV's ? EV's?
>>
Bumpe
>>
>>30382906
Idk about egg moves and ivs but defiinitely ev training
Might lose a lot lol
>>
>>30383008
>>30383668
Oops meant for you kek
>>
>LC tournament
>level 20
Why?

Sign me up, should I use my IGN or gp by my own tag/name?
>>
>>30383668
I'm prob. gonna go for some easy egg moves and EV training aswell, so we should be around the same powerlevel

>>30383765
To switch it up a bit
Just drop in your IGN, you'll prob. have to use it to look for matches in the thread friday anyway
>>
File: 1475642181502.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475642181502.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>>30382476
I will join you guys next time, I still have to finish the game and the shit after that.
But next time I will partecipate for sure

Chise will destroy
>>
>>30383821
Just scramble a half-decent team together and join us regardless!
>>
>>30383811
IGN: Luna

Berries only sucks but whatever, seems fun.
>>
>>30383906
berries & Z-moves!
Mostly because people might not have their wide array of items yet
>>
>>30383811
Yea same here, the most ill do are decent ivs and if think the egg move will help best.

Since this is based off Little Cup, the mons would be offensive right? I don't have much LC experience but I've heard its way more offensive oriented since at a low level stats don't make much difference so I am assuming that at level 20 it's more or less the same. Unless I'm wrong which is very likely kek.
>>
>>30384548
Well, I have no idea @ lv20 desu, the cap on raw ability power should make for some interesting builds regardless.

We'll see, I'm planning to have some bulk as well just to be sure I don't get sweeped.
>>
Bump so everyone can see
>>
>>30385075
Hopefully interesting.

>bulk
Yup same here
>>
America prime has arrived, last bump before I go
>>
I'd like to give this a shot, why not. IGN is Nator.
Are pokemon that have evolved, but still capable of evolution allowed? Like Pikachu over Pichu?
>>
>>30391833
I think OP means just first stage mons, and in the other threads I think no OP things like Tauros and related. Idk hopefully op comes back with the finalized rules tonight or tomorrow
>>
OP here
>>30391833
Added, well Pichu is a baby pokemon, I'll try to make a list right now with all legal mons.

>>30392354
Mostly this, although another anon already said that Tauros is banned regardless because it can't evolve.

I should be sleeping right now
>>
>>30392622
What about status moves and evasion moves?
You should get some rest though lol.
>>
>>30393052
Status moves are fine, evasion got nerfed quite hard didn't it? felt like my attacks were hitting minimize spamming shits with +5 quite reliably and a lot of abilities/moves go through evasion now too

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JJZG_hVLLMD5r0GG1NL7smVCiEsOVe_VoaazS83H9IU/edit?usp=sharing
I made a quick list that I'll give another glance over 2morrow, if you want to double-check if you should be using your mon or not, I can add and remove mons on request but rule of thumb is that as long as the base points are capped near ~350-380 and it hasn't evolved yet, its ok, which means 95% of the current available evo1 mons on alola (I had some lenience on Alola mons because people will probably want to use those).

I'll make a new OP 2morrow as well with the final ruleset, but it probably won't change too much from its current state for consistency reasons.

Just a heads up: Wishiwashi will prob. also be banned because... well.. it has 620 base stats in its schooling form and its quite a beast.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.