[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Araquanid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1480430315938.png (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480430315938.png
61KB, 300x300px
How should I run this guy?
I was thinking a relaxed nature with max hp and def EV's with leech life and scald. Not sure what to run in the last 2 slots. Maybe Aqua ring Protect Liquidation?
>>
all you need to do is liquidation
>>
Araquanid @ Leftovers
Leech Life
Liquidation
Poison Jab
Aqua Ring

It's the current set I'm using

with proper set up most moves do like 1/4 damage to 1/2 damage after it takes a blow (like STAB shadow ball) and with leech life, aqua Ring, and leftovers you've got a Pokémon that can hold its own.

Poison jab just in case you run into Primarina.
>>
>>30379530
What nature are you running?
>>
>>30379530
I got a shiny that's been cursed with water absorb, is it still salvagable?
>>
>>30379709
ability capsule from the battle tree
>>
>>30379732
But water absorb is a hidden ability unless they changed how the ability capsule works.
>>
>>30379732
water absorb is the HA
>>30379709
don't think you can capsule a pokemon with a Hidden Ability, just PKSM it
>>
>>30379732
It can change out of hidden abilities now?
That's fucking great if that's the case
>>
>>30379709
That's...unfortunate.
>>
>>30379530
would lunge be good? it's super bulky in special defense but lunge helps it on the physical side too.
>>
Liquidation will destroy shit. Invest in Atk and your preferred defense. Power split anything with high Atk to really make him shine, since his base is sad. Don't even worry about coverage, and feel free to replace Leech Life with whatever makes you happy, since he will be hitting everything with Liquidate which will be boosted to neutral damage levels on resistant mons thanks to his ability.
I fuckin' love Mandibuzz and I run Tailwind which Araquanid is a big fan of. I imagine he'd love Trick Room too but I don't fuck with that.

Araquanid @ Wave Incense
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe Adamant
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Protect
- Power Split

Unless I'm missing something, the Wave Incense is a bomb-ass option since its bonus should be doubled to 1.4 with the ability.
>>
File: 1127162148.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1127162148.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>30379782
PKSM? Does that require hacking the 3DS? I got my old 3ds, but it's up to date. I've been on the fence about getting the pokemon editing/injecting stuff for cases like this, but for pokemon like araqnuid, it really seems to fuck him to not have bubble.

>>30379804
Sadly he also has lax, but his iv's are pretty good. Figured after chaining for 5 hours he'd get adamant from my alakazam lead.
>>
>>30379853
Power split is unavailable until pokebank comes back
>>
>>30380088
Sorry, I use him on Showdown.
Replace it with whatever works for you and is available, I honestly don't see a ton of use out of it but it's better than some useless attack.
>>
I use this set for doubles and singles haven't done calcs for it though so it may need some tweaking

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Brave @ 252 Hp 240 ATT 16 SPATT
-Liquidation
-Scald
-Leech Life
-Poison Jab

Waterium Z is used to abuse Water Bubble while avoiding LO recoil
Poison Jab hits tapus in particular Bulu
Leech life is for decent damage & recovery

I can usually KO anything that takes neutral damage with Waterium-Z plus it bypasses the item clause.
>>
>>30379530
Did Aqua Ring get buffed this gen?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.