[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Justify this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: rivaldifference.png (262KB, 1421x796px) Image search: [Google]
rivaldifference.png
262KB, 1421x796px
Justify this
>>
No i agree, why the fuck do they feel the need to remove an entire moveslot from endgame enemy mons FFS. Its stupid, i kinda get no items because younger players probably dont use items and all. But seriously 3 fucking moves on fully evolved pokemon is unforgivable.
>>
>>30367638
the player gets shit like eviolite, berries, and soft sand/silver power/black glasses/etc during the story, which you might as well use
>>
>>30367638
They've been doing shit like this for years. IIRC, in Red and Blue, your rival still has moves like growl, leer, and ember on his final team.
>>
Gladions team is objectively better
>>
>>30367638
The sensible reason for it is that with less moves, there's a smaller chance of the AI making a poor choice. The Pokemon with three moves in the image have (a) STAB move(s), and one/two others for coverage or something else.

Obviously it pays to actually design an interesting encounter where each Pokemon has a better defined strategy than "hope your opponent is weak or neutral to your STAB moves, then attack". But if that's what the game designer is going for, then having another filler move that might not do as much in many potential situations could be perceived as bad and/or a waste.
>>
What's with the Quick Attack fetish?
>>
It's going to be downright depressing if they fuck over Barry's team in the possible DP remake. He's one of the competent rivals in the entire series.
>>
>>30368508
Priority for when your mon is on the edge.
>>
>Serena
>has a full team, I guess

>Hau/Gladion
>actually have well-rounded movesets for each Pokemon
>have better AI
>A-Raichu sweeps everything
>>
>>30368508
Is for the amie/refresh boost than give you a free focus sash, they can kill you the next turn
And eeveelutions dont have many coverage options in lvl up moveset, no idea why they dont want to use TM on them, fucking GF
>>
File: Capture.png (167KB, 789x689px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
167KB, 789x689px
>>30368644
You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>30369067
>Battle Maison
Post his Victory Road team, dumbass

Wally isn't even your rival, you only fight him twice before post-game and the first battle he only has Ralts.
>>
>>30369143
wally > barry "dicks in my ass"
>>
>>30369143
You realise you have two rivals in the Hoenn games right?
>>
>>30369067

That barely counts since you have to get a steak of 50 in the maison which requires competively trained Pokemon.
>>
>>30369199
>only challenges players that aren't total casuals

That only makes him better.
>>
>>30369194
You realize you fight Wally twice in the entire game, and the first battle he only one underleveled pokemon? He may be a "rival" by semantic but he doesn't act like the other rivals who all fight you multiple time through the game.
>>
File: waldo.png (422KB, 1440x1275px) Image search: [Google]
waldo.png
422KB, 1440x1275px
>>30369143
At least it's better than his Emerald team
>>
>>30369253
How does that change the fact that his role in game is literally your rival?
Also "multiple* is any number over one dumbass.
>>
>>30369306
Actually for a story team that's not half bad.
>>
>>30367513
>not playing as serena
>>
>>30369309
Then how do you define a rival? How is Wally any more of a rival than other characters you fight multiple time?
>>
>>30369355
>is it a recurring character that started with you
>do they battle you over the course of the game
>>
>>30369341

>victory road
>two mid-evos and a PU shit fuck
>>
>>30369798
Wally didn't start with you
>>
>>30369899
No one did then.
>>
>>30369899
Except he did. That's like saying Silver didn't start with you.
>>
>>30369899
you literally help him catch his first mon after getting yours
>>
File: 1365391735781[1].jpg (103KB, 495x497px) Image search: [Google]
1365391735781[1].jpg
103KB, 495x497px
>>30369306
>that delcatty
>that roselia
>screetch all special attacks
>has a gallade but not Roserade and Magnezone
>>
>>30371316
>tfw facing Wally with a Gallade, Magnezone, and Roserade on my team
>>
>>30367513
I miss the anti-starter trio rotations rivals like Barry and Blue, and even Breden/May had, shitty as their teams were. Things like the g5 monkeys and using eevees just feels like a lame copout of that
>>
>>30368945
>Serena is trying her hardest and is borderline ready to hang herself from her obsession with not being good enough

>Hau is just using whatever and having fun
>>
why does literally every bad guy have to have crobat and weavile
>>
>>30372114
>silver and gladion
>bad guys
>>
>>30368389
You very clearly have no idea how ai works, friend.
>>
>>30372359
Plumeria or whatever has one too though
>>
File: Black and white 2.jpg (2MB, 3352x2868px) Image search: [Google]
Black and white 2.jpg
2MB, 3352x2868px
>there will never be another BW2

why does gamefreak hate FUN
>>
>>30369067
>Roserade
>Physical moves
>>
>>30367513
2 battles vs 1kek
>>
File: Hugh.png (187KB, 983x791px) Image search: [Google]
Hugh.png
187KB, 983x791px
>>30367513

and now a rival worth of respect who actually puts items on his mons
>>
>>30368389
You want to know something, that is bullshit. All of the endgame areas like Tree and Masion have competently programmed AI that uses items and makes used of stuff like fucking TRICK ROOM to the best of its capabilities. I dont get why GF wastes their time programming 2 different AIs when the story line trainers get like 0 mons anyways. Would it really kill them to add in items to final battles/the E4/Championships and maybe give all of their mons like an even EV spread to simulate your teams probable EV spread if you just ground your way through the game and the endgame AI as well as all of their moves? Like seriously you already get free focus sash, resist Stats conditions and other stuff from like 5 mins of Amie/Refresh AND you get the switch option for the little ones so its not like the in-game trainers need to be gimped anymore than they already are.
>>
>>30372801
the main story is for kids

the facilities are not meant to be beaten by them, they are there so that little kids can say HOLY FUCKING SHIT BALLS RED IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT!!!
>>
>>30372846
>Main Story is for kids.
Children are NOT that stupid, or if they are they can learn from their mistakes much faster than an adult can. I get that GF wants to keep the main games within a child's playing level but they did that in older generations and still had trainers with more than 1 pokemon per team ffs. Now kids have it even easier with stuff like Amie/Refresh. As well as 1 billion heals over the course of the main story. You could give the trainers more than 1 pokemon at the very least man.
>>
>>30372801

>Would it really kill them to add in items to final battles/the E4/Championships and maybe give all of their mons like an even EV spread to simulate your teams probable EV spread if you just ground your way through the game and the endgame AI as well as all of their moves?

that is exactly what B/W2 does on challenge mode

trainers have perfect IV/EVs, items and much better AI not to mention they are generally at higher levels, not to mention the leveling system in B/W2 makes it really hard for you to stay at a higher level than gym leaders.

check here
>>30372584

believe me, some gym leaders may not look that strong but they have great AI and those sitrus berries and potions are noticeable, not to mention their EV/IVs ARE optimized and they are generally higher level than you, Elesa in particular is a nightmare with all those static passives and emolga who is only hit by rocks/ice (you can barely catch ice/rock mons at that point), cheren can also sweep your ass with just work up + stab quick attack.

In fact I feel B/W2 challenge should be the default to every pokemon but GF is retarded.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.