[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 19

File: pokemon-mega-evolution-oras.jpg (31KB, 639x383px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-mega-evolution-oras.jpg
31KB, 639x383px
Gen 8 is about to start development, and Game Freak hires you to come up with the next big game changing mechanic, akin to Mega Evolution and Z-Moves. What would it be?
>>
>>30363565
D-booty.

It utilizes the 3D function for the big booties of the pokemon world.
>>
i don't know about new mechanics but this will be confirmed for gen 8
no new z moves
>>
Stands
>>
>>30363622
>big booties of the Pokemon world

Such ass.....?
>>
Romantic relationships with your pokemon.
>>
>>30363565
lagless double battles
>>
>>30363565
Z-forms
>>
File: Aero Ass.png (19KB, 176x181px) Image search: [Google]
Aero Ass.png
19KB, 176x181px
>>30363649
pic related
>>
I hope they just keep Z moves around. There's a lot of potential for different ones each gen.
>>
The only natural next step - Z-Abilites
>>
>>30363565
Pokemon fusion. It's only useable in double battles and leaves you with one pokemon vs two, but that one pokemon is super powerful. Honestly I think this idea is pretty retarded but I like it better than synchro evolution or whatever Ash-Greninja's mechanic is called.
>>
>>30363565
S Y N C H R O
Y
N
C
H
R
O
>>
>>30363649
Well, wouldn't mind lenora, haha. But I'll make it so that the stick women get some magic booty potions.
>>
File: 4 wishiwashi.jpg (373KB, 1280x1772px) Image search: [Google]
4 wishiwashi.jpg
373KB, 1280x1772px
>>30363565
Shit like this. I guess its kind of like Alolan forms but its less region based and more environment based.
>>
You can now marry your favorite character and have babies. Postgame is you controlling your son and going to another new region.
>>
>>30363740
Regional school pokemon! That's a good idea
>>
>>30363722
Lenora's a big gal so she definitely has a big booty.

Which character do you have in mind? Which Pokemon gal would benefit from having a bigger butt?
>>
Have mega evolution, z moves, and regional variants all in the same game. Don't make megas post game, and don't completely fail to live up to expectations with the variants.
>>
File: cute omegamon.jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cute omegamon.jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
>>30363565
GATTAI
>>
>>30363740
I always enjoyed looking at the cross-breeding pictures. While it would be a really cool addition, it would be super complex to add.
>>
Regional forms for all regions. You can get some held item for breeding that will give you a previous region form
>>
>>30363757
All of them.
>>
>>30363757
I definitely think Olivia could have a bigger butt, also Kukui's wife could use a nice lift, just to name a couple.
>>
>>30363565

Removing IVs completely
>>
>>30363565
Embargo and Magic Room can disable Mega Stones and Z Stones, therefore it's also able to mega devolve mega pokemon as well. However Magic Room affects your megas and z-stones and your allies' megas and z-stones as well, and using embargo on a mega pokemon that has already mega evolved, debuffs all of the embargo user's stats by one stage and they can't switch out, even with u-turn or volt switch (but baton pass is still availible) for one turn.
>>
A fifth move slot
>>
Final fantasy style (I think IV or V) real-time turn based combat so the slower your mon is the less time you have to select an attack and if you don't it either doesn't attack or picks at random
>>
ACTIVE STANCES.
remove IV EVs, and instead allow Pokemon to take "stances".

E.G
1)select move
2)select stance

stances range from aggressive, defensive, apprehensive, passive, swift and so on

>>30363913
just turn it into X-COM/Valkyria Chronicles, with movement points, attack range, miss chance and so on
>>
>>30363840
No. I like the idea of genetics.
>>
pokemon can change their stats typing and other factors such as weight or pokedex number in battle by using dr. pepper as a held item. it needs to be "activated" like a mega stone with differnt flavors of dr pepper having different effects. in the post game it is revealed that the dr pepper came from a UB wormhole that leads directly into modern day Cincinnati and there is a postgame quest that involves helping the reds win the world series
>>
fuck i just looked at some oras gameplay and it looks so weird now
>>
>>30363860
absolute madman
>>
I think fusions is a step they've been trying to avoid but is inevitable
>>
File: pokemon call.png (11KB, 490x290px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon call.png
11KB, 490x290px
>>30363860
I want to see it just for the reaction it would cause.
>>
>>30363946
down with the competitive iv master race

all pokemon are equal
>>
>>30363565
Mirage Transmitters
By Giving your Pokemon one and a special *Pokecard* it lets your Pokemon use a move that Mon's well known for.
In Battle a Mirage Pokemon Hovers over your Mon
>>
>>30364126
I would not approve of it.
>>
An item that gives a Second/third typing for the holding Pokemon. That's it, one for each type.
>>
>>30364151
>pokemon stands
>>
>>30363565
making it into a dating sim
press a to pound
>>
>>30363565
What else is there? They have pretty much used up all of the 'muh friendship' power gimmicks. They can't keep pulling this shit forever.

>Special Evolution gimmick
>Special Super move gimmick
>Special Ability gimmick
>Special item gimmick
>Special battle environment gimmick
>>
>>30364161
you'd buy it anyways
>>
>>30363565
>about to start
It already is in development. One group is finishing up Stars for next year, while another is working on gen 8. Once the group working on stars are done with that they will likely do DP remakes.

This is how it has always been. GF could be throwing out ideas for gen 8 pokemon designs as I type this
>>
>>30363565
I want to be in charge of the cutscenes.
>>
File: DRYING PAN.gif (456KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
DRYING PAN.gif
456KB, 300x200px
There are already EVs and IVs. How about AVs? Aka altered values. Some items, consumables, or training would allow you to take even more points from certain stats and distribute them elsewhere, effectively changing up the BST of a Pokemon. The BST would still be standard and breeding would still cause the standard one.

I figure the trade off would be that you can't take away from traits that are already being modified by natures. Take Modest affecting Attack and Special Attack. You would only be able to take or give to one of the other 4 stats available. Essentially a second nature.

I got nothing, I thought of that last night while falling asleep.
>>
This isn't something that anybody but me would like but I want to take forms to the next level. I want every mon to have like 10 different forms. It can be as minor as longer ears, spots, etc. And maybe some of the rarer forms would have unique abilities or moves. I just exit the idea of every encounter being unique even if you're chaining the same pokemon time after time after time
>>
>>30364189
VISUAL NOVEL ROUTES
>>
a post-apocalyptic world mostly overtaken by pokemon where you must learn to survive among the few violent human survivors, with a team of only 3 pokemon to help you. each mon gives you advantages and disadvantages, (water good for fishing, grass for fruits and medicine, fire for fighting off other stuff, steel and rock for toolcrafting, electric for powering old technology etc) and bigger pokemon are more powerful, but have larger food upkeep to keep them loyal

more or less pokemon x fallout
>>
Bond Abilities.
Max Happiness Pokemon can use two abilities at once If you do a Special Trial using Them, only accessible to one Pokemon at a time.
Post Game you can unlock another by Doing a quest Chain
>>
Pokemon fusions.
Only works with pokemon of the same egg group.
Fused pokemon can't fuse again.
The moves/IV's they get are randomzed between the parents.
The two pokemon must have max affinity towards each other by doing lots of doubles battles.
>>
>>30364273
>exit
*enjoy
>>
>>30363565
Type abilities.

I know, it sounds stupid.

Grass types change forms according to the season & with that their stats rise in accordance.

Fire types may turn blue in response to intensifying battles.

Water types come in both saltwater and freshwater forms with similar differences in stats.

Electric types would be unique as they would become the only type to not receive recoil damage from electric-type moves. This means all other Pokemon that do not have the electric typing will damage themselves if they use an electric attack.

Ice types have a stat increase in winter.

Psychic types are stronger in daytime/evening hours.

Dark types are stronger at night.

Most significantly, single-typed Pokemon will inflict 2x for STAB instead of 1.5x.
>>
>>30364209
I would. It would be my guilty pleasure
>>
>>30364311
I've already thought that happiness needs to play a bigger role.
>>
>>30364310
Falloutimon
>>
File: zds2x1qthhmgexjhhwqy.png (633KB, 1280x597px) Image search: [Google]
zds2x1qthhmgexjhhwqy.png
633KB, 1280x597px
Fusions

Fusion can only be done once per battle. The current Pokemon you have out on the field is the "base" Pokemon, to which you can select 1 or more of your team members to try a fusion with it. The base Pokemon becomes the end-fusion and the other Pokemon in the fusion effectively disappear for the rest of the battle. The resulting Pokemon fusion keeps the base Pokemon's moves but gains other attributes. There are a few different types of fusions:
>Full Fusions - Full fusions are fusion Pokemon that have brand-new models, stat spreads, abilities and assets. There would be a handful of these (about 40-50 or so?), mostly based on common 'pairs' in the dex. Full fusions include fusions of the starters (Venuzard, Charstoise and Blastasaur), fusions based on branched evo lines (Vileplume/Bellosom, Slowbro/Slowking, Hitmontop/Hitmonlee), and other pairs like Sableye/Mawile, Lunatone/Solrock, Plusle/Minun etc.
>Team Fusion - Team Fusions are reserved for Pokemon like Diglett and Magnemite. If you have three Magnemites for example, you can fuse them into a Magneton temporarily for the rest of the battle. Team Fusions have a Totem-like aura and size, along with buffed stats. Pokemon with Team Fusions include Klink, Vanillish, Beldum, Mantyke/Remoraid, Honedge/Honedge and Slowpoke/Slowbro. Fusing two or more Wishiwashi's automatically puts it into School form with a brand-new ability
>Sync Fusion - This can be done with nearly any two Pokemon that don't fall into any of the above fusion criteria. The base Pokemon takes on the color scheme of the Pokemon that it is fused with, as well as its ability, half of its typing and a stat boost. For example if you fused a Charizard with a Gastly, it'd become a purple Fire/Ghost Charizard with Levitate and a small boost in Sp. Atk
Fusions would of course be available to legendaries as well. The Original Dragon would have to show up in some form.
>>
This gen brought back gems with a twist, so next gen is going to bring the most unused gimmick ever created

Improved WONDER LAUNCHER

Using some sort of mystical power (Like fusion/stances/machinery/etc) your trainer can buff/recover/revive any pokemon of your team after a certain amount of turns, unlike the WL this doesn't take a turn and can only be used a certain number of times per battle (the more useful powers take more time to charge)
>>
>>30364478
That would fuck with stats a lot. You can't know if burn is physical or special for example. Unless you introduce like 25 base stats instead of 6
>>
>>30364284
God yes. SM already had pretty good writing--I'm confident GF could do something really amazing if they made the story the main focus of game.
>>
>>30363565
I like Synchro conceptually, and I think it can be done in an interesting way. So, let us get into it. For the purposes of this, we're retconning Battle Bond into this new feature.

>1. Activation Requirements & Rules
First of all, your Battle Bond Pokémon must have maximum friendship. Second, they must hold an item, let's call it a "Bond Emblem." Only 1 Pokémon can hold your Bond Emblem, and to equip it to another, it is removed from that first Pokémon. A Bond Emblem cannot be knocked off or otherwise removed mid-battle. It's activated identically to Mega Evolution.

>2. Effects
Upon activating Battle Bond, something to the effect of "The power of your bond with {Pokémon} has caused its true strength to emerge!" will display. For some Pokémon, such as Greninja or the Gen VIII starters, there will be a form change, but otherwise it'll just have something like a Totem aura. As far as stats go, the Pokémon gains +40 to its highest stat, +30 to its second, +20 to the third, and +10 to the fourth. Ties are decided the same way as Beast Bond.

Thoughts?
>>
Individual characteristics.

Each Pokemon's own characteristics give it special abilities in battle. This applies to every single Pokemon and completely turns the metagame upside down.

>Ghost types that are shadows/gas such as the Gastly line are invulnerable to physical attacks
>Sunflora becomes much stronger in sunlight, many plant-based grass types recover a small amount of HP when it rains.
>The smaller a Pokemon is, the more likely it is to avoid attacks (unless it's characteristically known for being slow)
>Moves like Sand Attack have no effect on most ground-type Pokemon.
>Fire-types can't be frozen
>Fighting doesn't do anything against an ice type if it isn't actually made of ice. Avalugg is fucked, but Aurorus isn't.

Basically exactly how the battles would play out according to dex information. Legendary Pokemon would be completely broken, but that would be the whole point as to why they're so elusive. Every Pokemon would have some kind of unusual viability and people would be trying to pit all different weird combinations against each other. It would be such an interesting shake up
>>
>>30363565
Sex minigame that boosts all stats.
>>
>>30364236
>Stars

Please stop shilling this.

Go and look for the source of the rumour, now come back and tell me why we should believe it.
>>
>>30364542
wew that's a lot of coding
>>
You niggers must realize that for fusions GF would have to look at 800x800 use cases. Even if they're type and not species specific with dual typings the number is huge. Then consider the calculations if you're dealing with abilities, moves god forbid you have to do unique designs instead of just giving one of the mons an aura or something
>>
>>30364506
How easy/hard would it be to actually implement sync fusions? Could the Pokemon models just suddenly take on a new color scheme mid-battle? I feel like this could maybe be done by sprites, but models...
>>
>>30363565
Exodia
>>
Guns
>>
>>30364364
>grass, ice, psychic, and dark types get stat buffs
>water gets the ability to mix up shit and become unpredictable
>electric singlehandedly sees more use for being able to attack without killing self

>fire gets a cosmetic buff
>>
>>30364696
m8.
That feels a lot like what typing already does.
>>
>>30363565
3v3 Pokemon battles becoming standard.

It'll appeal to tryhards since you can level up plenty of pokemon on your party without EXP share, and appeal to casuals because of big, explosive battles.

Also new Type called Cosmic because we got alot of ayy lmao pokemon.
>>
>>30364696
This automatically means you replace attack and spatk as well
>>
>>30364506
this is kind of how I pictured it. There would be unique fusions for the more popular pokemons and legendaires, the rest would be a color switch kind of like how those online fusions work
>>
>>30364752
Please no I fucking hate multi battles
>>
>>30364796
>Hating something that is the norm in every other JRPG
>>
>>30364822
There are plenty of retarded JRPG ideas that don't need to be in Pokémon
>>
>>30364126
We megaten now
>>
>>30364626
This
>>
>>30364534
it sounds like a less interesting Mega Evolution to be honest, but I like the direction
>>
Literally every idea in this thread is retarded as shit
>>
why is everyone saying fusion as though black and white kyurem aren't already a thing
>>
>>30363565
Major stat boosts for shitmons that occur post-game.

For example, Luvdisc base stats would hangs post-Elite Four:

HP 43 -> 63
ATK 30 -> 55
DEF 55 -> 75
SpA 40 -> 80
SpD 65 -> 85
SPE 97 -> 107

Alternatively, you could pro-rate the stat boosts based on how many badges you have. So with one badge Luvdisc would gain 1/8th of those buffs.
>>
>>30364971
>implying you wouldn't want to baton pass or U-turn all 5 pieces of exodus for a free win
>>
>>30364633
I don't see why not. I guess they'd have to slice the textures of the Pokemon up a little bit to define where each color region is. For example, if you fuse Blastoise with Porygon, you wouldn't just want to turn it blanket pink - you'd want to turn it's skin light blue and assign the pink to its shell or something.

Obviously this would all have been much easier in 2D because you can just swap a palette. I don't see why it couldn't be done in 3D though, it'd just a take a little bit of work.
>>
>>30364984
Gee anon perhaps they mean fusion for all pokemon. Just a thought
>>
>>30364284
this is a great idea
also either that or
>multiple save files
>>
>>30364633
They would essentially need to make each pokemon model modular, so that they can combine the parts easily. It would be similar to the fusions in that dbz fusion game.

Of course that would be a lot of work, so I don't think we'll ever see large scale fusions. But they might create a new single pokemon that has a fusion gimmick, and they could allow that pokemon to fuse with a handful of other mons. That would reduce the amount of work needed.
>>
>>30364984
>Literally one Pokemon
booooooring
>>
>>30363565
Shadow Pokemon return.
>>
Poke-Tools.

Held items that pokemon can use, which function as an Ability. This effectively gives a pokemon two abilities, their natural ability, and one provided by the Tool.

I could see it being difficult to balance properly, but I'd love to see something like this implemented.
>>
>>30364984
Yes we have one fusion and one syncro, but do they really count? We're talking about it being wide spread like megas and z-moves.
>>
Every time you successfully Masuda method a pokemon Junichi Masuda personally comes to your house and breaks your legs
>>
>>30363565
Battle Bond. Give them to a few dozen Pokemon, not just Greninja. Keep it exactly like that though. +100 to stats and a buffed move.
>>
>>30365114
I hate this. Pokémon is not Fire emblem
>>
Dual abilities. I have three possible ideas for this

All abilities are reclassed and changed into battle and field abilities. Battle abilities have in-battle effects, field abilities have field effects. Benefit: every Pokemon now has an ability that's useful in battle and more Pokemon will have niche in-game use.

Alternatively, passive and active abilities where passive abilities are always present and active abilities proc upon certain conditions. Benefit: more ability diversity and potential for crossbreeding ability pools for synergy.

Or primary and secondary abilities. Primary abilities are those that have greater effects than secondary abilities. Same benefits as active/passive.

All Pokemon now have two possible abilities of each type, hidden abilities are scrapped because they're a retarded mechanic.
>>
>>30363565
Breeding-only pokemon. Sort of like the fusions/crossbreeds that people have been mentioning, but simpler in that only specific parents will produce the new offspring. Venustoise will finally be a reality.
>>
no pokemon. only trainers.
>>
>>30363565
Partner Pokemon. Basically the logical conclusion of Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, and Affection stats. You basically get to slap on as much mary-sue shit onto a specific Pokemon of your choice as you can. You can use it as a Pokeride, you can give them decorations that affect their appearance, they can mega-evolve AND use z-moves, just pure insanity.
>>
>>30364513
heck yeah wonder launcher was actually really cool
>>
>>30363565
Extend on the totem pokemon business, once per battle you can select a stat from one of your pokemon and boost it.
>>
Much more visual diversity in Pokemon
>Your Pokemon's size is partly determined by it's HP and Defense IVs. So a Snorlax with high HP and Defense IVs would be something like 1.25x bigger, model-wise, than an average Snorlax
>Your Pokemon also has a randomized size modifier, so two Snorlax with 31 IV in HP and Defense might still be ever-so-slightly different in size
>Pokemon have varying different colors as opposed to just non-shiny and shiny. Most of them are just very slight tints of the original color, for example a Charizard with a shade of orange one or two values lower than normal. Pokemon can be "part-shiny", where their color is merged between their shiny and non-shiny palettes. Some Pokemon lines have two or more types of shiny
>Very faint Spinda-like blotches can be found very rarely on nearly any Pokemon. You could, for example, get a Porygon with one very slightly darker pink blotch on its body
>More Pokemon have unique identifiers that indicate their stats, for example the Machamp line has varying degrees of arm muscle based on it's Attack IV
>Many more Pokemon have unique identifiers that are purely aesthetic. Arbok for example has dozens of different pattern designs
>Some Pokemon have visual differences based on their ability. A clear-body Tentacool for example would obviously have a clear body
>Different animations (if only slightly) based on their nature
>A shit ton of new regional variants are introduced in the same game
>A few other features are randomly modified, for example Pokemon's cries might be shifted up or down or slightly sped up so two Pokemon's cries rarely sound EXACTLY the same
Nothing is really a new gameplay feature, it'd just be a cool addition. Every Pokemon would be different, so you could tell two, say, Alakazam's apart just by looking at their build, their tint and their facial expressions/animations
>>
I hope that they don't force something "of that magnitude" every gen personally... Mega Evolutions were kind of sketchy and I don't even begin to care about Z-Moves. I do like regional variants though so I hope they do that concept justice in coming gens. More megas and Z moves would be good too since they're already established... I just don't think adding more and more stuff like that is such a good idea.
>>
ITT: no one understands what a marketable gimmick is, and those that do don't understand how to be realistic about it

Some ideas for "marketable gimmicks" (with the added flare of placeholder names for said gimmicks):
>PokeArmor (or X-Gear if you will) which provides cosmetic and mechanical changes for certain Pokémon
>360-Moves (three sixty degree moves) which unleash the full potential of all six Pokemon in your party for a singular move. Like Z-Moves but even more flashy
>Modulators (or PokeMistry): highly customizable, craft able, super-powered versions of Battle items which "mod" your Pokemon. For example, a single use item which can alter your Pokemon into its shiny form for the duration of a battle, or which can auto-induce Megas without the need for a Stone for a single battle
>Unfortunately, synchros
>>
>>30365535
This, we should get costume for pokemon other that just pikachu
>>
Temporary Deevolution

When low in health, say below 10%, your Pokemon will deevolve but regain their half their HP. It's also possible to have your Pokemon learn moves by leveling up that their evolved forms wouldn't learn.
>>
>>30365720
This would have to be a Pokemon-specific ability like Schooling or else it wouldn't make sense.
>>
>>30363565
Pokemon fusion
>>
>>30363565

I'm just gonna list of everything I'd like to see:

-New Megas, specifically; at least 1-3 new Mega forms for each generation with weak single evolution pokemon getting priority.

-Continuing the regional form gimmick: each region should boast at LEAST 5-20 regional forms.

-Bring back super training.

-MORE "Anime" Clothing, "Anime" hairstyles, etc. New rule of thumb: if you've seen a trainer wear it, your character can wear it.

-Subtle colour/shade and patterning variation within more pokemon. This wouldn't remove or circumvent shinies, but it would be nice to see pokemon have some soft, slight, variation between certain individuals like how named pokemon had in pokemon stadium.
Example: Rattata has 3 shades of purple, Hoothoot can have spots, Porygon sometimes come with Logos on their bodies, etc.. Little texture things- nothing serious.

-A Dark gym leader and a Normal-Type Elite 4. All Gym leaders and elite 4 members have homes/areas where you can individual rematch (at full strength) them a long with their own very small side quests beyond their participation in the main story.

-Include the Bug Catching competition complete with prizes and actual named npcs that will compete.

-Include pokemon BOUNTIES BOUNTIES. I fucking LOVED that in sun & moon and that also brings me to my last thing: The Safari zone project.

>The Safari Zone "Project".
Half "Story/Roleplay", half actual useful post-game feature; your region is making a new safari zone and it needs the help of a skilled trainer such as yourself. The safari zone has all the land and resources squared away.. But it doesn't have any pokemon! Players will be provided with a "stocking list" and will be asked to catch male & female pairs (with a couple exceptions) of every pokemon on the list. Once a pair is completed they'll live and be stocked in the park and you'll be able to catch as many as you want inside the park- even ones with hidden abilities, unique egg moves, etc.
>>
>>30365720
Yeah because what happens when I get sick is I devolve into Australopithecus.
>>
Early Evolution

>Max affection and friendship. Gen 8 has more, quicker ways to raise friendship.
>During a battle, if your pokemon survives at 1 hp due to affection, your pokemon has a chance to evolve on the spot and restore a percent of its health
>Level restrictions do not apply. Moves are not learned until after the battle
>The music changes and sounds triumphant as hell
>Your next attack has 100% priority, ignores protect/detect/etc, and forces the enemy to flinch
>Higher chance during Gym battles, Boss battles, and E4/Champion battles

I mean, evolving during a fight should have been a thing since gen 1, but still.
>>
Generic as it is, I'd like other regional variants.

Also, maybe something like Pokemon to Pokemon affection? Say you're in a battle with an evil team member and you're doing well, the Pokemon will leave the trainer, join you for the remainder of the battle, and then be set free afterwards. (possibly with an option for you to battle and catch it)
>>
>>30365853
I'm sure you also undergo instant radical metamorphosis whenever you age.
>>
>>30364506
Sync fusion sounf really cool
>>
File: 1469243053139.jpg (60KB, 600x740px) Image search: [Google]
1469243053139.jpg
60KB, 600x740px
>>30364268
That's actually an interesting idea. That could breathe new life into a lot of Pokemon whose main problem is bad stat distribution.
>>
this sounds way better then mega evolution. I want this
>>
>>30363565
reintroduce actual cross-gen evolutions
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-29-21-46-41.png (461KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-29-21-46-41.png
461KB, 1080x1920px
>people STILL yammering on about 'fusions'.

Its not happening you bozos. Pic related.
>>
>>30363565
More sub-species. Only a few new pokemon but huge emphasis on sub species
>>
>>30363565
Not really a "game-changing mechanic", but I'd up the customizability of nearly everything.

>Almost GTA-levels of clothing/accessory selections
>Ability to decide how you'd react to certain things in the story (i.e. confidence, shyness, happiness, seriousness). SM really showed that having the same : ) expression all the time just isn't cutting it
>Ability to edit Pokeball animations, like with Gen IV's seals but less shitty
>Add visual aspects to your Pokemon similar to Ash-Pikachu. Lopunnys wearing scarves, Gengars with bowties, Metagross with a top hat
>Ability to train your own Pokeride. Every species can have a pre-determined list of overworld things they can do i.e. running fast, breaking shit, moving shit, and much more. Only fully evolved Pokemon can use this feature
>Shiny colorations are now able to be passed down, with a stacking 1/100 chance if a parent is shiny
>>
>>30366209
Gen 6 had one.
>>
Fashion your pokemon would be pretty sweet. Like giving a headpiece to gardevoir or something, and actually seeing it as it battles, just cosmetic and nothing else. It would go towards making each pokemon feel more unique.
>>
>>30363565
make a good game
>>
>>30364696
so you want to ruin the sales of these games forever huh?
>>
>>30366187
I meant to reply to >>30364534
>>
>>30363740
>hoenn school isn't a bunch of luvdisc
>>
>>30366225
yes just like how every pokemon can evolve, and got a mega evolution, every pokeon would be able to fuse....
>>
>>30366225
Shouldn't it just be 800x800, why are you factorizing
>>
Rebirth moves
> You get to select a forgotten move that the Pokémon learned and forgot that gains double power once in battle
> Move has to be a forgotten move
>>
Double typed moves
Triple typed pokemon
Pokemon fusions
>>
Type Zynergy
Since it's common for characters to often specialize in a single type, now there's an actual bonus for that.
Having all of your Party share the same type will grant a damage bonus to that type of move, as well as a secondary effect unique to each type.

Normal: Non-Normal attacks deal less damage to your Pokemon

Fighting: Allies gain a 10% damage bonus for every KOd party member.

Rock: Repeatedly using Rock-type moves will increase their power, up to 150%.

Ground: Ground moves ignore all defensive modifiers (stat boosts, Reflect/Light Screen, etc)

Steel: As long as you use a damaging move, your Pokemon cannot be stopped by effects such as flinching,
paralysis, infatuation, confusion, etc

Ghost: Enemies lose 1/6th of their HP when they defeat an ally

Poison: Whenever your Pokemon poisons a target, it will Badly Poison the target regardless of move used

Bug: If your Pokemon faints with any stat boosts, it will pass up to +1 of all boosted stats to the incoming ally

Flying: Ally attacks are 20% stronger against grounded targets

Fire: All Fire attacks gain a +20 chance to burn, and burned targets take 20% more damage from Fire attacks

Water: Allies have a one-time immunity to either a status ailment or stat debuff

Grass: All Grass Attacks convert 1/4th damage dealt as HP for the user. Moves that already absorb HP are 30% stronger

Dark: Any stat debuff the opponent suffers is twice as potent

Ice: All Ice attacks have a +10 chance of causing Freeze. Ice attacks partially ignore resistance (single resistance is now 3/4 instead of 1/2, double resist is now 1/2 instead of 1/4)

Electric: Electric attacks have a +10 chance of Paralysis, attacks deal increased damage if the user is faster than the opponent

Psychic: Psychic moves can never miss, other moves have +10% accuracy

Dragon: Halves SE damage one time for allies

Fairy: Ally attacks have doubled chance of secondary effects occurring, opponent attacks have a halved chance
>>
>>30366703
First two would make the game unplayable for children, nobody can calculate that effectiveness
>>
>>30366703
Triple types would be overkill, although I wouldn't be against more abilities like Steelworker.
>>
Custom Pokemon
With some shitty online RNG feature than give you and item than can change the base stats of you mons, they give +20 in one stat and -30 in other, every mon can take two, and cannot use an item than give you less than 20 in one stat or more than 200 in other
>>
>>30366747
I could fucks with this, some sound a lot stronger than others though. 8/10 anon, solid work
>>
>>30366642
Yeah I fucked up but it's not just 800x800. The combination formula for 800 pokemon in pairs of 2 works out to about 319,000. It's still not feasible.
>>
NOTHING. It's gimmicky and stupid to have something like this every gen.
>>
Delta Pokemon could be cool, I'd like to see Fire Rayquaza or Water Oddish.
>>
>>30366225
You wouldn't use factorials there, unless you're implying Pokemon should be able to fuse with up to 800 other Pokemon.
>>
>>30363649
Celassteela
>>
>>30364268
Best suggestion. This would equalize the meta far more than Z-moves, which they said was the main goal in adding them
>>
>>30366845
I can't find an exact count of how many fully evolved pokemon there are and I don't feel like counting, but let's field a conservative guess of 200. Its probably closer to 400 but at even just 200, there are over 19,000 combination pairs.
>>
Combination attacks.

Make a game with a big emphasis on double battles like Colosseum. Have more moves act like the pledges where they interact with what move the partner is doing, but make them not suck. Make new animations of them working together, like Aegislash being picked up and swung around by its partner or Machamp picking up its partner and throwing it at the opponents.
>>
>>30366556
Even at just 20 pokemon of the 800 or so being able to fuse, that's an additional 190 combinations. 190 new models when GF can barely handle 70-80 or so (and we are already discounting any new pokemon as it is). So you think they should have this new gimmick and put in God knows how much resources just to have it only apply to a dozen or two special snowflakes? That'd basically be all they could do with Gen 8 and it's a stretch to say they could even do that much.
>>
>>30367018
>Card Game mechanics in the mane game
YES!
BRING BACK THE GOLDEN POKES TOO!
>>
>>30367423
>Mane
Damn it I meant Main
fucking Autocorrect
>>
The Pokemon with which you beat the Elite 4 the first time all get six perfect IVs.
>>
>>30363565
Fusions like Shin Megami Tensei and Digimon or option for dating the pokegirls.
>>
>>30367529
>Beating the elite 4 with 6 pokemon freshly hatched from their eggs.
>>
File: it's just a theory.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
it's just a theory.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
End the franchise.
>>
>>30366225
First of all, that calculation is all wrong

Secondly, there would obviously be restrictions set on Pokemon - for example, that they be fully evolved. That already cuts down the available Pokemon for fusion to something like 330 instead of 800. Apply additional restrictions on top of that - for example, making it so that certain Egg Groups can only fuse with certain other Egg Groups - and you start getting some more reasonable numbers, since Pokemon can only fuse with certain other Pokemon.

Some Pokemon could have unique fusion models, for popular ones at least (starter fusions, legendary fusions), but the other ones would be generated on the fly - the game would simply take the model and stats of one Pokemon and apply attributes of the other Pokemon to it, like color, cry, ability, second-type and so on.

Fusions don't mean they have to do thousands of extra models, that's just absurd. There are ways around the fusion problem, you just have to stop looking at it from one narrow way.
>>
>>30363565
POKEMON BATTLES ON MOTORCYCLE
>>
>>30364696
whew warframe damage 2.0
>>
>>30367658
>the game would simply take the model and stats of one Pokemon and apply attributes of the other Pokemon to it, like color, cry, ability, second-type and so on.

This is where your argument loses credibility.

>oh shit, Machamp, fuse with Cacturne!
>Wow it's just green Machamp. This is what we meant when we said we wanted 'fusions', r-right guys?
>>
File: YAMERO.webm (731KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
YAMERO.webm
731KB, 1280x720px
>>30367740
No, ACTION Poke Battles.
>>
Pokemon bonds.
In the Poké Pelago Mohn sometimes says that two pokemon are close or play together. This would be like a hapiness/friendship value but between two pokemon.
>Bonuses will have effect if they are in the same party and even more in double battles.
>These not only increase stats temporarily in battle, they also will increase the XP and happiness gained, plus the pokemon will be more likely to have an egg at the daycare.
>Some factors will increase the bond factor, such as nature and species.
>This level can be raised in the daycare, double battles and in the poké pelago as well (mostly in island avue)
>>
File: 1445490630189.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
1445490630189.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>30364364
>Most significantly, single-typed Pokemon will inflict 2x for STAB instead of 1.5x.
>>
>>30363565
Romance
>>
File: sweatin.jpg (326KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
sweatin.jpg
326KB, 800x800px
>>30369116
I can barely handle a small moment in a cave without my heart pounding out of my chest. Actual fully expressed love would make me faint
>>
>>30367331
You're thinking of it wrong. They wouldn't let a group of pokemon just randomly be able to fuse with each other. There would be rules, just like breeding and egg groups, and even then they could handle it in many different ways that could limit the total number of fusion possibilities.
>>
Double typed moves
>>
>>30364582
Stars is all but confirmed
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/11/29/ubisofts-30th-anniversary-celebration-video-shows-mario-luigi-and-toad-as-rabbids/
>>
>>30369347
>limit the total number of fusion possibilities.

That's the point I'm really trying to make; limiting the fusions to just a handful of preordained special snowflakes defeats the whole purpose and appeal to the concept. It's either not feasible or destined to be underwhelming and a waste of time.
>>
>Double battles the entire game, be it against trainers or wild encounters.
>Reserve team brought with you, so you can quickly swap it for your main one.
>5 Move slots
>A new typing
>Z moves aren't limited to one per battle, instead it's one per pokemon
>Remove IVs
>EV boosted to 800 instead of 510
>>
>>30367912
Mabye it can gave random replaced textures. Like the machamp can have random cacturn features like green spikes
>>
STARTERS GET THIRD EVOLUTION THROUGH FRIENDSHIP
POSTGAME CERTAIN SPECIAL MONS ALSO GET IT
ALL THE STARTERS OF EVERY REGION GET IT BECAUSE FUCK YOU CHARIZARD PANDERING
NEXT ON THE LIST IS LUCARIO BECAUSE LUCARIO
POKÉMON WITH MEGA EVOLUTIONS WHO GET A THIRD EVOLUTION GET NEW MEGASTONES WITH NEW MEGA EVOLUTIONS FOR THEIR FOURTH STAGE
AFTER YOU COMPLETE THE POKEDEX MASUDA APPEARS AND SHOVES HIS COCK UP YOUR ASS
YUU WIRR NEVA GET TO HAVE WAN THOUSAND POKKETU MONSUTA
ONLY NEW FORMS AND PANDERING
SO MUCH PANDERING
>>
>>30369904
I FORGOT LUCARIO ISN'T THREE STAGE AND EVOLVES WITH FRIENDSHIP ALREADY
HE GETS A THIRD STAGE WITH AFFECTION
HE'S THE ONLY TWO STAGE THAT GETS A THIRD STAGE
MAYBE JUST MAKE THE WHOLE THING BASED AROUND AFFECTION INSTEAD OF FRIENDSHIP
YOU KNOW GF WOULD NEVER MAKE LUCARIO FEEL LEFT OUT
>>
Hitmonchan can now be a female.
>>
>>30369506
They cam make all pokemon fusible with all pokemon by doing spmething like these>>30369654
>>30364506
>>
getting to choose your character's height and age
>>
Crossbreeds
>>
>>30363565
action points
smaller moves consume less, bigger moves consume more.
if you have some left at the end of your turn, your chance to avoid attacks or reduce damage rises.
>>
The option to play in Double Mode, like >>30369613, but more moves like Pledges and Helping Hand added to shift the meta more towards 2v2

Nests: When breeding Pokémon, you can use a nest which gives the egg a perfect IV/gives 2x EVs in a given stat. Only available as really expensive post-game items.

Branching Plot: a few key moral decisions in the game affect your ending, with a perfect/neutral/evil ending. Maybe with difficulty curves to match, but Game Freak wouldn't dare.

And of course, multiple save files
>>
>>30366747
>>30364513
>>30364364
>>30373332
only good non-autistic ideas here
>>
>>30363565
Mega evos remain and dont end with the battle
>>
>>30364126
Humans have been implied to be Pokemon for a while now right? How about have your trainer evolve depending on the Pokemon you're using and have the Digimon crowd accuse us of ripping them off yet again?
>>
File: 233454646466.jpg (25KB, 600x462px) Image search: [Google]
233454646466.jpg
25KB, 600x462px
BATTLE FRONTIER
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30374654
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCoXKrBAFKg
>>
File: 1422649556991.png (187KB, 362x366px) Image search: [Google]
1422649556991.png
187KB, 362x366px
>>30363565
You can attack the trainer.

Trainer is typeless with 50 all across the board, except HP where it should be fairly high, maybe 200 isn't that crazy.

Trainer classes may modify the type and +10/-10 some stats, may or may not be usable online.

Pokemon can be ordered to defend its trainer. Singles Battles can go fuck themselves like every gen, at least from GameFreak POV.

If trainers gets KO, his/her pokemon acts based on IA, gains +Critical Chance -Accuracy until its trainers get up.

Fainted Trainers can get healed by pokemon moves as if he had 1 HP.

If trainers gets paralyzed, sleep or frozen, he can't issue a new order and pokemon will use the previous turn order.
>>
File: DarkQuilava_large.jpg (5KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
DarkQuilava_large.jpg
5KB, 240x180px
>>30374783
Wasn't attacking the trainer something that was notable about Shadow Pokemon though? (Even though that was never really in the games as a feature) How would they justify that actually happening unless if they were to put Shadow Pokemon in the mainline games?
>>
>>30363565
Z-Evolution.
It's like a Z-move but adds STAB to the type of the move until the combat ends, also the pokemon changes his color to the type of the z-move.
>>
>>30374865
Sidegame, plus they're allowing this for competitive battles too like they allowed Z-Moves this Gen, Megaevos last ones, etc.

And it's easy to justify. Trainer issues order so pokemon can battle better, yet they're way more vulnerable than pokemon, so... attack the trainer becomes the modus operandi of the evil team, and a lot of wild pokemon. You can start from there easily.

So you know, kinda stealing thing from things like Fate.
>>
>>30363565
I never used Z-moves in my playtrough
>>
>>30367740
Will... Charles come back?
>>
>>30364268
This.
>>
>>30363565
Trainer classes, stats and abilities to make each team trully yours.
>>
>>30363955
This is a fucking horrible idea.

Dr Pepper is from Texas. You should be helping the Rangers.
>>
>>30363565
R-Power.
Items that can be used once per battle, like Megas and Z-Moves, to give any Pokémon a stat boost in a predefined stat equal to however many more unfainted Pokémon the opponent has plus one.

Since that might be confusing: if you had 2 Pokémon and your opponent had 4, you'd gain +3 in the corresponding stat. If you were on your last Pokémon and your opponent still has all 6, you'd get an instant +6. I hope that simplifies things. Boosts applied before the Pokémon executes its move, and regardless of whether it does execute its move or not.

>R-Bracer - Attack
>R-Belt - Defense
>R-Lens - Sp. Attack
>R-Band - Sp. Defense
>R-Anklet - Speed

Do I think this is balanced? Not really, no. Could I see this being implemented in Gen VIII? You're reading it, right?
>>
>>30363840
This.
>>
File: 1479277488156.png (185KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
1479277488156.png
185KB, 500x719px
>>30375040
fucking kek
just, his post, your response. beautiful.
>>
>>30363565
pokeride, but wait, theres also a bicycle
also
laying down in a bed, but hold up, you can also sit on a bench or a chair
>>
I'd give Ultra Space an actual regional name, make it sort of a mirror world of the current regions with new mons, new breeding mechanics to breed between mons of both dimensions, introduce trans-dimensional hybrids for existing mons, and have a post game that sends you to the other side on the wormhole to experience that region in a post wormhole world.

Hybrid example being: Field Group Trans-dimensional + Eevee = Hybrid Eevee that has evos of all unused types.

Moon Eevee dex entry already leaves the door open for more evos.

Also some mega type mechanic caused by hybridization so Flygon can be a king
>>
>>30363636
You find pink slip in your cubicle the next day.

GameFreak informs you that copyright infringment against Shueisha/Luckyland is a lawsuit they just can't afford and consider you to be a flight risk to the company.

GAME OVER
>>
>>30363565
You can S-Rank people
>>
>>30371454
This is why you're not allowed to make games, anon.
>>
>>30363565
Leader Skills.
>>
>>30364126
Kyurem?
>>
>>30364364
>Most significantly, single-typed Pokemon will inflict 2x for STAB instead of 1.5x.
Maybe in addition:
The secondary typing only gets a lesser STAB, like 1.25x.
>>
>>30365555
quads confirm
>>
>>30365284
yes, the ability system could use some tuning up. no reason why my cutiefly cant gather honey and have shield dust
>>
>>30363565

Weakness training. You can eliminate one weakness for one Pokemon on your team. Think Marowak sitting beneath a waterfall to eliminate water weakness.
>>
>>30363565
Synchro.

No, not as in synchro forms, but as in synchro between pokemon.

In short, one time special mechanic per battle (that requires a special item) that makes use of two pokemon on your team. When you synchronize, you can effectively use two moves, one from your current pokemon and one from a different party member.

As an example, you have Decidueye and Azumarill on your team. Normally Decidueye cannot use Belly Drum, but if you use this Synchro with your Azumarill (who do have Belly Drum), your Decidueye CAN use Belly Drum. In terms of move priority, it's always user's move, then partner's move. It's kinda like a more controllable Assist.

As a bonus, synchro attacks that has Pokemon make use of a partner's power to unleash a powerful attack, similar to Z-moves.
>>
Steal more from Digimon. Let the trainer fight by fusing with his Pokemon.
>>
Just give me some non-canon spinoff like Pokemon: Organizations

There's a new region where all the villain teams have shown up at the same time because there's some really good shit there that could be a major game changer. All the teams are based out in different parts of the region, and you pick one to join. Team attire is mandatory, but you can customize it to some extent. You begin as a nobody Grunt and get your free shitmon starter, then you undertake missions to get more funds, resources and pokemon for your team, with the biggest missions gaining you more territory. Capturing routes give you access to the pokemon found there, while towns and cities act as major chokepoints and income sources. The other teams will also be doing their own thing, sometimes attacking your own dudes. If the Grunts guarding that particular place are undersupplied, they will probably lose so you better haul ass over there and bail them out. Double and triple battes will happen a lot in those situations. Also, the international police will show up eventually and start wrecking shit.

Not that very well thought out, but I just wanna play as a bad dude for once.
>>
File: kyurem-white.jpg (28KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
kyurem-white.jpg
28KB, 300x235px
>>30363703
You called?
>>
>>30376039
YES YES YES
>>
Team size increased to 8
>>
Leaders/Kahuna-like folks and E4 are based around certain strategies rather than types. Like a stall team, for example. Also a difficulty setting, available to choose before beginning the game for the first time. Hard mode is actually hard. Many opponents use Z-moves and Megas. Medium for the casuals and easy for the kiddies.

A large and varied Dex should be a priority as well. More regional forms of old 'Mons and new Mega evolutions.

My "game changing mechanic" is basically a more challenging and varied game. So not an actual mechanic.
>>
>>30365881
>suddenly a level 7 fully evolved starter
>OHKOs everything it meets with Tackle

Yeah, no.
>>
Dating simulator
>>
>>30365678
This guy gets it.

Good gen-specific gimmicks sound stupid the first time you hear the name, then its usage in game makes it look cool.
>>
>>30367912
Well no, the recolor fusions would obviously be something like a consolation prize for when you don't fuse successfully to make a brand-new fusion design. See >>30364506

I don't think anybody is asking for all 800 Pokemon to be able to fuse with all 800 Pokemon. That's just absurd
>>
ATTUNEMENT SHARDS

>Player gets a ring/bracelet with six slots for said shards. There's also a slot for mega evolution and a slot for Z-moves for flavor purposes
>Attunement Shards are little shards that can "attune" to one specific pokemon in the party, granting them minor buffs (some can give major buffs, but at a heavy disadvantage OR works only situationally). You can only attune and re-attune outside of battles
>A pokemon can have three attunements at once. Attunements that provide the same general buff (such as increased power on moves) will not stack however, so you can't pile up on power shards on one pokemon and expect to OHKO everything
>Players, both the user and the opponent, will be notified if a shard or more is attuning to a Pokemon in the battlefield, so there's no nasty surprises from shard abuse
>Throughout the world, the player can find a large variety of attunement shards to make use of
>NPCs will, of course, make use of these, most often on their Ace.
>>
Dump more resources in to regional varients. That shit was tight and deserved an entire game focused around it.
>>
>>30379754
This

They don't even have to be regional variants, but variants in general are a must. I'm still annoyed that they haven't yet gone back and retroactively added variants for different Pokemon who massively deserve it (for example the illusive third form of Gastrodon, or Arbok's with different patterns)
>>
>>30363565
Drop Megas. Drop z trash. Make team focus on forms for every region, and be able to switch through them for every region visited. I would also introduce airports, so you can swap continents for greater after-game content. I would have the team develop a learning curve for the AI, so that the trainers who rechallenge you to test your skills also improve, having you to implement different strategem each time you re-face a trainer, keeping the game fresh. There's much more, such as creating "The Hall of Time" where you travel down a tunnel to face an ever rotating gauntlet of your past "selves", until you eventually reach the randomly generated leader, because it would be more interesting to switch it up and face gold or something, instead of Red being the peak.
>>
It's a common suggestion but fusion. The fusions are only of specific pairs and a decent portion of the new Pokémon are designed as a set. The third legendary is a fusion of the two box legendaries and you can finally merge Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem together to form the original dragon.
>>
>>30363565
free irl qt pokegf
>>
>>30375704
>Throw dirt at any mono electric
>"Congratulations you have no weaknesses"
>>
>>30376039
What happens when an 11-year-old Trainer comes in? Are they treated as nukes capable of singlehandedly wiping out your entire Team?
>>
>>30375231
But it's perfectly okay for series like Persona to rip off JoJo huh?
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.