[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this game rushed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 3

Was this game rushed?
>>
>>30360851

>le rushed meme

kill yourself.
>>
Probably but it's sure as hell much less noticeable than XY.
>>
>>30360851
No but you were rushed out of your mother's womb OP
>>
>>30360851
When the fairy captain shows up just to go "I don't have a trial, take a Z-Crystal" I figured some parts of it definitely were.
>>
XY and ORAS are rushed

This is just dropped content
>>
I would say it's incomplete, but not rushed. Some features or content are curiously absent, some things dont get taken as far as you think they should be. To say it's rushed, would imply the lack of time to finish the game had an effect on the core game, features, story, etc. It would effect the game on every level, through your entire play experience, like in ORAS. In Sun and Moon, everything that is there feels very polished, it just leaves a taste for more. So, like any generation before the third version releases. The difference is we no longer have the luxury of just assuming there will be an improved version because they never made Z.
>>
>Nintendo Switch literally 4 months away

Is this even a question?
>>
>>30360851
I don't think it was rushed, but there are things that are suspiciously unused (the giant pirate ship, the lighthouse with a path that's clumsily gated off, the golf course and strangely empty resort). I think that, given the fact that the NX was supposed to come out around this time of year, it was supposed to release as a launch title for the NX, but they had to switch pun intended it over to 3DS when the NX got delayed, and they just didn't have time to actually use those areas.
The explanation for the fact that they're still in the game: either they're going to re-release the games for the NX with those things fleshed out, or they're going to make a third version again and use those things.

Alternatively, sequel baiting could be another explanation for those existing in the game, but I get a feeling that they probably just aren't making sequels anymore.
>>
>unused area with a character to go along with it
I'd be inclined to believe it.
>>
Does this guy answer your question?
>>
>>30361054
You know you can get behind that gate to the lighthouse through diglett's cave, right? It's just the lighthouse structure itself you can't enter.
>>
The game is already pretty damn long. I clocked nearly 40 hours to get to the endgame, that's the longest in any game to reach the Hall of Fame for the first time, even when I played Red and Blue as a kid and got stuck I don't think I took that long.

Maybe they just felt the story was too long so they dropped a few trials.
>>
>>30360851
I wouldn't say it feels rushed but rather they cut a few chunks out for some odd reason.

Except from what I hear of parts of Poni though, that sounds like a little bit of both.
>>
>>30360851
It'd be perfect if they hadn't fucked up fishing and online functionality.
>>
>>30360851
It's their best game since a very long time so no, I don't think it was rushed. Could it have been even better if they worked on it a little longer? Sure
>>
>>30361054
If it was designed ground up for the NX it wouldn't look like this. It's definitely a 3ds game first and foremost.
>>
Definitely rushed when you look at the second half of the game. The most obvious example is the Fairy type trial captain just randomly showing up and handing you the Z-crystal.

There are also some little errors I can't believe made it through, like Abra not learning Confusion when it evolves.

Still great.
>>
>>30361109
It's like Giratina in Diamond and Pearl
>>
>>30360882
>>30360895
here's comes the furfag apologists.
>>
>>30360851
rushed? probably not
waste of potential? definitely
>>
>>30361054
It's not rushed, but it's clear that dev resources were shifted from the 3DS to the speculated NX title. They'll release details of said title when Switch goes green.

Also, it's financial and reputational suicide to release a game for a yet-to-be released console. A significant installed base must be established first before greenlighting development for said console. That's why B/W and B2/W2 were on the DS instead of being exclusively on the 3DS. I guess GF will wait until console release and pad out the details down the line.

Either way. I'll be mad if GF doesn't do cross-platform compatibility if indeed there's a mainline game on Switch. I was, and still angry about the XY/ORAS fiasco.
>>
>>30361341
Or Zygarde in XY.
>>
>>30361283
I think it was more obvious with the third island having a lot of routes where you skip chunks of the map between transitions.
>>
>>30361283
>There are also some little errors I can't believe made it through, like Abra not learning Confusion when it evolves.
This.
>>
It feels like a "first game" like in any other gen, actually it feels a bit better than RS and similar to BW1.

The only game I felt it was rushed was ORAS, but that might be because ''muh hoenn confirmed'' got my spectations high.
>>
>>30360851
no. they just made a story based game with less and less emphasis on the pokemon than ever before. i didn't buy it.
>>
>There is an unused golf area that was cut from the game late in development. It is fully textured but inaccessible. Notably, the final member of the Elite Four is Kahili, a golfer who is the only member not introduced in the game previously. She likely would have served as the trial captain of the golf course, bringing the total trials in the game to eight, mirroring the eight gyms of all previous generations.

https://tcrf.net/Pokémon_Sun_and_Moon
>>
>XY definitely rushed, ORAS too because 20th Anniversary
>either GameFreak legitimately did not care or Nintendo was pushing them to work harder on developing for Switch so Gen 8 can sell systems, leading to SM having locations inaccessible despite looking like obvious landmarks, some story elements seemingly absent or cut and Pokemon like the UBs as a whole and Null's Line getting shafted
I was really disappointed when Null and Silvally were just nonchalantly introduced via Gladion's first battle with no fanfare despite all the implications regarding their Anti-UB purpose and being a copycat of Arceus.
>>
>>30361639
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>30361639
I do wonder why, considering Codename Rainbow and the amount of 7 everywhere else, like Togedemaru.
>>
>>30360851
dunno, for a first entry game it seems solid but the problem is that they hyped it as this big 20th anniversary game and while playing it something seems off
>>
>>30361747
maybe is the fact that they tried changing the formula this time. Like Black and White did back in the day but a lot more this time.
>>
>>30361747
TPCi is responsible for shit like "It all comes together", GF just lets them do whatever since they know nothing outside of Japan aside from what TPCi tells them, which is funnily enough exactly what the deal with Nintendo and NoA is.
>>
Yes
>Fade to black instead of animating the characters
>The volcano clearly having a cut dungeon
>Lillie's "this is my Z powered form" line, indicting a removed Z mechanic
I honestly believe that SM were originally the Gen 6 follow-up games that got changed not too long before the full reveal, and suffered by the change of course.
>>
>>30361805
BW had a more focus on the story but the formula is the exact same, SM feel more different from the other pokemon games but even considering its contents and story it still kinda dissapointed me
For example now Pokeride solved the HMs problem but they felt underused, exactly like the Ultrabeasts in during story
Also things like Festival Plaza or Pokepelago feel more like a tedious micromanagements
It's a good game but with questionable design decisions
>>
Not to sound like an apologist, but no, i don't think so, other than the zone that >>30361639 describes, the game feels pretty finished and polished, if it was rushed people would find a lot of easily accessible bugs and errors.
>>
>>30361981
Also, it could explain the weird way we were given info early on. If they had to change the game but needed to stick a timeline for marketing and didn't have enough to show, it could explain why we got teasers with the box art hidden and endless "more info next month!" promises.
>>
>>30362066
I really hate how festival plaza works since its basically begging to get a nice shop. at least in Join avenue you could upgrade them.
I'm really enjoying Pelago but that doesn't take the fact that is some phone-tier farm game
>>
>>30361341
but wasn't giratina in a fully fleshed out area in dp?
>>
>>30361847
read the interviews with Ohmori and Masuda
>>
>>30361656
>le ORAS was rushed meme
ORAS wasn't rushed. All remakes and third versions take around one year of dev time to finish. ORAS was made in precisely one year.

It makes sense, with how much assets are reused in a remake. Amie, Super Training, PSS, the dialogues from the original RS, the map, Battle Maison, etc.

Don't call a game rushed or half assed or unfinished just because you don't like it, guys.

PS: the BF in construction is just a nod to Emerald, not a cancelled DLC.
>>
I wouldn't say it was rushed

But given how Poni Canyon was very clearly supposed to be Victory Road while ice mountain was really simple shows that Atleast the league was rushed
>>
>>30361981
>Fade to black instead of animating the characters
Every Japanese games do that

>Lillie's "this is my Z powered form" line, indicting a removed Z mechanic
How? It's just a little pun
>>
>>30360851
Certain elements feel that way. I feel like the fourth Elite Four member should've been set up near the golf course of that one hotel, something about us getting a brief meeting with her and the game showing us she's important in some way so we can expect her later. I also dislike that EV training is worse than it once was (Horde training was a bit faster and SOS farming can be finkle at times)

It feels less rushed than XY at least, which had that gamebreaking bug where if you saved in Lumiose you wouldn't be able to load up the file. Also its many areas and subplot things (ghost girl) that just kind of go nowhere or don't exist.
>>
I hate these discussions because it makes me feel like I'm going to fall off the map the next time I play the game and see some scary glitch oh god
>>
>>30362497
Specifically implys that "z-powered" forms are a thing.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but that seems more like she's directly referring to something rather than making a pun
>>
It was

But it was still enjoyable

If Pokémon stars becomes true and it gains more content and fixes, then I'll happily claim it as my favorite gen
>>
>>30362555
She couldn't call it her mega-evolved form, because megas are postgame only.
>>
>>30362555
You're reading way too much into it; if it was going to be a mechanic that they had removed, and her speech was supposed to refer to that, then when they removed the mechanic they would've altered to text too. The text is just a joke about Z-power. It makes more sense in Japanese where the Z stands for something.
>>
Clearly was rushed a little bit but all pokemon games bar Red, Blue, Gold, Silver and Crystal were rushed.
>>
>>30362726
those were rushed too though
>>
>>30362718
What does the Z mean in the japanese version?
>>
Yes, just like every other Pokemon game. Every single game Game Freak has released was rushed to market. Remember, they just started working on it the day it was announced.
>>
>>30362807
is every pokemon game rushed?
>>
>>30362718
>Gamefreak
>Competently covering their tracks
Such faith

So whats the joke in Japanese? Because in English, it's literally nonsense without there being a Z-powered form mechanic.
>>
>>30360851
Poni Island felt rushed
>>
When does Gamefreak usually began developing the next game?
>>
>>30362187
Sort of. It was a weird maze sort of thing that could get confusing. Think lost woods from ocarina of time, but without any way to be guided.
>>
>there are people still in denial about Stars
Not only is the Eurogamer/IGN/Kotaku not a rumor but rather a leak, the game itself has a lot of shit that screams "THIRD VERSION/SEQUEL" material. Like the conveniently placed "patches of land" on literally every city right next to a Pokemon Center or Kahili's golf course.
>>
>>30362555
I think Z-powered form just refers to a Pokémon surrounding itself with Z-power during a Z-move.
>>
>>30365004
According to the Eurogamer leak, GF was developing Stars at the same time as they were developing Sun and Moon and Sun and Moon but with higher resolution assets. It's supposed to be an enhanced version of the game, they specifically compared it to Yellow, Emerald and Platinum.
>>
I've heard that the Park Ball's data has the internal coding to work on a 5x multiplier when certain conditions are met, but it never gets used in-game. Either there was meant to be an area that used Park Balls, or they just threw it in when copy/pasting the ball data from HGSS.
>>
>>30361054
Also this is just something I've heard but I haven't actually confirmed myself, but apparently there's a total of eight construction/open areas that people are speculating to be gyms if they make a sequel
>>
>>30360950
That was so blatant desu also the fact thay they only included 7 captains and rehashed the hakunas for the elite 4.

Apart from the small af pokedex and ridiculous number of Alolan forms

Oh and there's the towns, most of em have nothing compared to other games and there's just a few of them. Most routes are tiny and yeah everything felt rushed
>>
>>30360979
>ORAS
>Rushed
I mean, it's a remake of a 13 year old game. Don't exactly see how you can rush a remake.
>>
>>30360851
Don't you get it?
All games are rushed now. It's the new AAA industry standard.
This is the future we chose.
>>
>>30365347
So it'll be the exact same story, but with a new sidestory for Necrozma? That would be kinda disappointing. Hopefully it's more of a sequel
>>
>>30366572
An extensive post-game could turn it interesting if they have a time-skip and do stuff like turn the empty slots into Gyms and make Lillie comeback and challenge you for the title.
>>
>>30366630
The problem is that if they do that it'll just feel like GSC did, where kanto was nothing more than going from gym to gym. They would have to actually put effort into making a whole new postgame story for it to feel entertaining, which I don't see them doing.
>>
>>30360851
Feels like it. Even more so than XY.
>>
everyone pokemon game is rushed according to you faggots
>>
>>30366241
This is supposed to be a joke but its more true than I think even you realize and its depressing
>>
>>30366017
>hakunas
>>
>>30360851
Before finishing storyline I would've said no, now that I'm at the post game I'm feeling it
>>
>>30362555

Z-powered forms already exist in the game when the Pokemon envelop their bodies in Z power. It boosts their stats, plus Marshadow has an actual minor form change when he uses it.
>>
>>30362187
Not really. He had maybe a line or two?
>>
wheres kanto
>>
>>30368693
Yeah. How the hell do I level to 100? If Isles gave 1 level per session it would work but it doesn't.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.