[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the UBs Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: buzzwole.jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
buzzwole.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
Are the UBs Pokemon?
>>
>>30358307
Play the game
>>
>>30358307
Maybe.
>>
>>30358323
They are never directly called Pokemon outside of the Pokedex. Prove me wrong.
>>
they weren't until beast balls were developed
they were just regular monsters, now they can fit in your pocket!
>>
>>30358307
Buzzwole is classified in the Pokedex as the "Swollen" Pokemon. So yes.
>>
>>30358409
Thnx c:
>>
>>30358396
>the game calls them Pokemon but that doesn't count
>>
>>30358438
The game also says Shedinjas steal souls and Phantumps are dead children.

Pokedex means nothing.
>>
>>30358614
So we must fill the blanks with fanon!
>>
>>30358307
Robotnik: "NO!"
>>
>>30358614
The PokeDex is literally used as a plot point in SM, and things from it are brought up.
>>
>>30358307
>>30358671
M. Bison "YES!"
>>
>>30358307
They're based on the 7 deadly sins.
>>
>>30358908
No, they aren't. Just because there's 7 of them, and they're designs and pokedex entry's point to it does not make it true you dumb fuck.
>>
>>30358396
>the item used to record the data, species and information of all pokemon that feesibly exist doesnt directly call them pokemon
>>
>>30358438
>>30359014
The Pokedex calls them Pokemon because the "[species/category] Pokémon" name is part of a template that it has to fill in.
>>
>>30358396
https://youtu.be/u5PTwM4-zM0?t=9m24s
>>
>>30359237
>WHUUUUUU
>[Remove]
>>
>>30359237
This refers to Cosmog though
>>
>>30358396
>The Pokedex doesn't count because I say so

Okay, retard.
>>
If you consider them Pokemon, you must also consider humans Pokemon because they share a more common evolutionary ancestor. Likewise, you must consider birds reptiles.
>>
Yes. UB's are regular Pokémon (most likely pseudo legends) from another dimension. The interdemensional travel messed with their genetic composition, hence why they can't evolve and all have the same ability.
>>
>>30358307
The game says they aren't or are dubious at best describing the as "pokemon like" several times.
So no.
>>
>>30358307
FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION
>>
>>30358908
Oh boy, this again.
>>
>>30358307
they're abominations
>>
>>30358396
They can be captured with regular Poke Balls, albeit with great difficulty due to their origins.
They can be used exactly like any other Pokemon that can't breed.
>>
>>30361898
And yet outside of the pokedex because of the "x pokemon" thing they're never referred to as pokemon.
The closest you get is the small snippet at Aether labs that call them Pokemon like.

Basically they're thgy equivalent of pokemon in the same way pokemon are equivalent to our animals. They're the same in that regard but completely different creatures genetically.
>>
>>30361898

>255 catch rate
>great difficulty
>>
>>30359237
FLEENTSTONES?
>>
>>30358307
>can be captured in poke balls
>recorded in the pokedex
>can learn pokemon moves
Nope, definitely not pokemon.
>>
>>30362829
Because they're not going to create brand new UIs and completely different move mechanics just for 7 mons.
>>
>>30362829
>game practically rubs it in your face that they're not pokemon during the story and other lore snippets like in the lab
>uses mechanics as an example when no one would go and alter it for 7 mon
>>
>>30362942
>being this much in denial
Why is it that 90% of /vp/ is full of man children that you can't even argue with because they're so retarded?
>>
File: IMG_7064.jpg (2MB, 2758x2007px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7064.jpg
2MB, 2758x2007px
>>30358307
>>
>>30363058
Wait, what denial?
I mean he's not wrong. Everything that can be captured needs a dex entry or obtaining it could potentially crash the game and they aren't going to change the template for such a minimal amount.
>>
They call them Pokemon multiple fucking times

Pokeballs working on them means they're Pokemon. Wicke says regular pokeballs have a hard time identifying them as Pokemon but because they're from an alternate dimension. If they weren't Pokemon they wouldn't work with Pokeballs period. Also the Pokedex literally classifies them as Pokemon. You can't just ignore it just because it doesn't fit your retard headcanon.
>>
>>30363047
>>game practically rubs it in your face that they're not pokemon

Except they don't. Not once do they say or imply "this is not a pokemon"

Being a Pokemon and being an Ultra Beast aren't mutually exclusive things. Ultra Beasts are types of Pokemon.
>>
>>30363365
>Not once do they say or imply "this is not a pokemon"
So how much of the game did you skip exactly?
>>
>>30363302
>They call them Pokemon multiple fucking times
They literally don't outside of mechanical/templated stuff like the Pokedex, menus, etc.
>>
>>30363445
You should be asking yourself that question.
>>
>>30363484
Except they do. I literally CTRL+F'd through all the game text. And why does the Pokedex magically not count? Because it completely blows away your argument?
>>
>>30363487
You say that but thee have characters like Lillie and Wicke imply other wise.
Then there's the book that says they're merely pokemon like.

There's nothing that confirms they're actually pokemon outside of the hard coded pokedex.
>>
File: 1427469027204.png (171KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1427469027204.png
171KB, 499x499px
>>30359854
i think this makes the most sense actual
>>
>>30363517
More that it blows away your argument seeing as that little pokemon label that can't be changed is the only thing you have.
>>
How about we just wait and see what TPCi considers them. They're going to be listed on shit like pokemon.com by the end of the year, right?
>>
>>30363570
>You say that but thee have characters like Lillie and Wicke imply other wise.

No they don't. Wicke literally says "the ball will have a difficult time recognizing the creature as a Pokémon"

Key words being "as a Pokemon"

Why the fuck would she say that if they're not Pokemon period? It makes no sense. Nothing in the game actually supports your bullshit.
>>
>>30363574
No it doesn't

A more equal example would be thinking humans aren't primates just because they're called humans. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>30363695
>Why the fuck would she say that if they're not Pokemon period?
How about the fact that no one knows what they actually are? They fact they don't register well as pokemon should tell you that.

Also I like how you're focusing on that and not everything else.
>>
>>30358307
Only thing that gives a straight answer is the dex but that's running off of a template of some kind.

Everything else is
>the may not be Mon
>they're hard to identify
>we don't know what they are
To that degree.
>>
>>30363612
>can't be changed

It's a fucking video game. They can change whatever they want.

>>30363806
>They fact they don't register well as pokemon should tell you that.

No. All it tells me is that they're from a different world. But the game still plainly tells me that they're Pokemon.

>Also I like how you're focusing on that and not everything else.
There is no everything else. Nothing in the game says they're not Pokemon.

>>30364062
>running off of a template

Literally how does this matter at all
>>
>>30364214
>Literally how does this matter at all
If a bunch of bots and trained gorillas fill out a survey that catalogues humans, do they count as humans?

But you know what, Nihilego's Moon Dex PARAGRAPH also calls it a Pokemon. I'll concede for now.
>>
File: reach for the sky.jpg (9KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
reach for the sky.jpg
9KB, 350x263px
>>30362633
>>
>>30364307
It's strange how Nihilego's Moon entry is the only one to call it a pokemon while the rest don't.
>>
>>30364655
It's not like the dex constantly uses the word "Pokemon" in any of its descriptions, species name aside. Personally, I take the moon entry as enough proof that UBs can be considered Pokemon. The fact that they went out of their way to use the word at all is telling.
Does anyone happen to know if its the same in Japanese?
>>
>>30364764
Thing is the others go out of their way to either call them Ultra Beasts or mention the Ultra Wormhole and that they're from another world.
>>
>>30362772
Pheromosa and Origami Killer notwithstanding.
>>
>>30364816
Well, yeah, because all of those things are true. But they can also be "Pokemon" on top of that, like how legendaries have their own classification but are still Pokemon. Which is part of why I'm curious about Nihilego's moon entry in Japanese, in case it was a mistranslation.
>>
>>30364816
I suppose the Land Spirits aren't Pokemon either because they're just referred to as guardians and shit.
>>
>>30365031
>these things that are called pokemon throughout the story? Totally not pokemon because these ambiguous beings who are only called pokemon in one place which may or may not be a mistranslation are hinting that the may not be pokemon

This is your logic.
>>
>>30358307
They're not until you catch them, then they are.
Duh
>>
>>30365203
>These things that are called Pokemon by something that does extensive analysis on all Pokemon, even ones that no one has data on? They're not Pokemon
And this is yours.
>>
>>30364307
>If a bunch of bots and trained gorillas fill out a survey that catalogues humans, do they count as humans?

This example makes no sense at all. The Pokedex is official. It counts them as Pokemon. So they are Pokemon. End of story.
>>
>>30362772
I fucking doubt that's their catch rate. Or does that apply to beast balls only?
>>
>>30366490
Pheromosa and Kartana have a catch rate of 255 with a Beast Ball.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.