[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Tree Discussion & Strategy Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 20

File: battletree.jpg (24KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
battletree.jpg
24KB, 400x240px
The farthest I've got to is 41 wins and then some asshole comes in with a fucking Zapdos and RNG does the rest. I'm currently running with Pheromosa, Tapu Koko/Mega Charizard Y, Celasteela/Kartana, and I can't beat these fuckers. No matter how cheap I fucking get some bullshit happens and I get fucked over because of something that should have happened.

Obviously I'm trying to get to 50 wins because of the battle style and shit. To the guys who actually get 50 wins and beyond, what team and setup did you do to accomplish this shit? Because at this point you people are God.

And now for the discussion and strategies.
>>
>>30355203
>Zard Y

How?
>>
If you beat Red he gives you both mega stones for it.
>>
>>30355203
I used AV Golisopod(lead), LO Garchomp, and Modest Automize Celesteela. For Red, I used Scarf Chomp (lead), Mega Gyarados, and Cloyster.

I also changed my team every 10 wins so I could scout Colress if he showed up.

Why did they delay the streak rewards? I want my ability capsule.
>>
>>30355298
Yeah but how do you get a zard/charmander in the first place?
>>
>>30355203
I got the 50 doubles streak with a trick room team pretty easily. My singles streak I used a hastily slapped together team of ubs and got ended at Red with a burn hax. Maybe use a smeargle set up there.
>>
>>30355203
My singles team is currently at 50 wins.
Kartana, Megamence, and Ash Greninja.

I'm still having trouble making a doubles team. Megagross, TapuFini, Hydreigon, and A-Marowak keep eating it at 40+.
>>
>>30355644
Mind sharing the set for doubles?
>>
This is a retard proof doubles team

Xurk, Pelipper, Tapu Koko/Bulu and Garchomp with Garchompite
>>
>>30355736
Xurk?
>>
>>30355203
Currently at 64 wins my team is Lead Tapu koko, Celesteela, and Garchomp.

Tapu Koko is naive with life orb
T blot/Dazzling Gleam/U-turn/HP fire

Chomp is jolly scarfed
Outrage/Iron Head/EQ

Celesteela is SpD nature with lefties
Heavy Slam/Protect/Leech/EQ

shits easy senpai
>>
>>30355777
Xurkitree
>>
>>30355715
Oranguru @ Mental Herb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Instruct
- Psychic
- Taunt/Nature Power

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide/Poison Jab

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Ball
- Bonemerang
- Rock Slide

Last two I swapped in and out.

Lurantis @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hyper Beam
- Giga Drain/Energy Ball

or

Torkoal @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Protect
>>
>>30355736
Apparently not retard proof enough. What movesets, natures, and spread?
>>
I got to 50 with Shuca Xurkitree, Sash Pheromosa and Mega Kangaskhan. Ghosts were annoying but it went pretty well
>>
Is the tree as bullshit as the maison? Are there still veterans who throw legendaries out of nowhere? Is bright powder/OHKO spam Walrein still a thing?
>>
>>30355999
OP here. Yes, veterans are bullshit. He and his fucking Zapdos are what ruined me.
>>
>>30355999
It might just be my experience but I felt like there was less bullshit and the challenge was more genuine. There are legends yes and megas too when you get high enough.
>>
>>30355859
Scarf Xurkitree with just maxed Sp.A/Spd a +Sp.A nature. Thunder/Energy Ball/Signal Beam/Hidden Power (Ice or Fire)

Pair it up with a Drizzle Pelipper that knows Scald, Hurricane and 2 other moves. I personally like U-turn. Just make sure the Pelipper is invested for maximum Sp.A. You can go with Tailwind, Protect, Wide Guard, Uturn or whatever. As for items, I like to use the Focus Sash. Make sure Pelipper has as little speed as possible.

Garchomp with Garchompite. Adamant with max Spd and Atk IVs, with a moveset of Poison Jab, Earthquake, Dragon Claw and Brick Break. This dude is nothing but coverage. Keep him away from Ice-Types

Finally we've got Topu Keko. Mine is mainly for killing any bullshit Garchomps so he has Dazzling Gleam, Volt Switch, Discharge, Brave Bird and Fairium Z. He's Bashful, with EVs in Sp.A and Spd. You can also go with a Wood Hammer/Megahorn/Superpower/Rock Slide Bulu.

Anyway, you throw out Xurk and Pelipper, begin ejaculating Thunder everywhere. Pelipper hits like a fucking truck in Rain so use him to spot remove threats. Koko gives Xurk a free +1 to help him OHKO big threats he's neutral against. If they have a Lightning Rod or Ground type mon, I swap out for the Chomp and proceed to fuck their shit up
>>
>>30355203
Destroyed 50 streak super double with.
Tapu koko Ballon, timid
Kartana, jolly
Mimiku, Jolly Z-Crystal fairy
Tapu fini, Random nature, but prevent 90% of the hax.

Multi battle is fucking hard. So next is single
>>
I've only unlocked super singles so far, running Nihilego, Golisopod and Xurkitree but I want to replace Xurkitree with something that can deal with Steel types, any suggestions? (I forgot about Hidden power while catching the UBs)
>>
>>30356243
Those fucking cunt AI always focus my dumbass partners. Fucking Grimsley
>>
>>30356244
celesteela
alolan marowak
>>
>>30355544
eh good question
>>
>>30355825
How did you max out 4 IVs already? Are pokemon caaught in the wild have a couple of perfect IVs?
>>
>>30355203
Why are you lying? You can't have a Charizard.
>>
>>30357023
This.
>>
>>30355916
What perks does Xurkitree have though? He's slow and can barely take a hit.
>>
>>30357023
>>30357056
because he probably injected one in, don't blame him this shit is fucking gay
>>
>>30357344
Timid makes it fast enough
>>
how does one git gud? i cant even get through 1-2 battles...
>>
>>30357378
What would be a good moveset for it?
>>
>>30357433
I just did Thunderbolt/HP Ice/Grass Knot/Tail Glow. Something over Tail Glow is probably better though, I didn't really use it that often
>>
>>30357422
Do you have mons with IVs/EVs and the good items that they give you without BP? The Expert Belt and Life Orb are just sitting there on routes and UBs give you 3 free max IVs.
>>
>>30357479
Would you recommend a Life Orb Jolly Kartana? It has 252 Attack, 252 Speed and 6 HP and knows Sacred Sword, Leaf Blade, Smart Strike and Psycho Cut.
>>
>>30357503
i didnt know life orb was 4 free. thanks, and i was just about to start ev training some mons.
>>
The passport stamps are for 50 wins in super versions, right?
I haven't gotten a good team together, and I'll probably save the tree for last thing I do before delving into online
Also what are good natures for the other tapus for the tree, I already fucked up with koko, which I'm guessing is the best one and most of the UBs, but I do have friends irl that haven't caught theirs yet somehow but the other tapu im saving to catch later, I wanna beat this hell legitimately, no matter how long it takes
>>
>>30355999

It's bullshit right out of the gate as opposed to after a gradual build up. I wonder if GF lives off the tears of hardcore players trying to get the facility awards since they keep pulling this shit.
>>
Is the Aggron line in sumo? For endeavour shell bell shenanigans with greninja mat block
>>
I'm actually having more success in multi than singles

Colress has saved my ass a lot, his Mega Metagross and Porygon 2 are great
>>
Currently planning on taking on the Battle Tree with an all poison team. I managed to get all Battle Maison trophies in ORAS without using a single legendary and I'm hoping to get as lucky a second time.

Still not great at competitive battling though so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Particularly EV's which I haven't really taken the time to figure out yet and movesets. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Mega-Gengar
Held Item: Gengarite (obviously)
Ability: Cursed Body/Shadow Tag
Hex
Sludge Bomb
Toxic
Protect

Alolan Form Muk
Held Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Posion Touch
Gunk Shot
Crunch
Venom Drench
Substitute

Toxapex
Held Item: Poisonium/Waterium Z
Ability: Merciless
Baneful Bunker
Recover
Poison Jab
Liquidation
>>
If Golisopod is holding a healing berry, does the berry activate first or its ability?
>>
>>30358047
What do you do against Mega Metagross with Earthquake?

>>30358073
Berry heals first, and if it goes back above 50% it won't switch out.
>>
What do yall think about Gluttony instead of Poison touch?

I was thinking about using the 50% heal berry since it's been buffed (or the sdef+ on hit berry)
>>
>>30358158
I was hoping Crunch on Muk would take care of that, but if not would you suggest running a Salazzle instead with a fire move? Or giving a third spot to the immune Crobat?
>>
>>30358316
Muk will NOT take care of that. Salazzle is a good bet, she can OHKO it ez. Crobat is too squishy and will just eat the zen headbutt and die without denting metagross.
>>
>tfw can't sweep Triples with Xurkitree, Tapu Koko and Pelipper together
>>
Should I use Xurkitree or Kartana?
>>
Any cores for Buzzsole? Or Nihilego?
>>
I have been getting decently far using Phero/Bulu/Lele, but I can never seem to get passed the 35 wins mark. What would be a good core, preferably centered around Pheromosa?
>>
Is Drampa viable, or is he too squishy? I've got a shiny with perfect stats I wanna use.
>>
>>30357376
>don't blame him for injecting and STILL losing
>shit is fucking gay

Spoken like a true Charizardfag.
>>
>Two different BP places
fuck this gen
>>
File: 20161129_165931.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_165931.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I've been battling this ferrothorn for 20 minutes now. It has leftovers and ingrain. Her other pokemon? A toxapex.
>>
Got to SS battle 30 but Grimlsey's Bisharp had a Sash (used M-Metagross, Tauros, Braviary)

Thinking about trying this team until I recruit Guzma

M-Metagross
Jolly 252 Speed/252 Attack
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Bullet Punch
Hammer Arm

Tapu-LeLe
Timid @ Choice Specs/Scarf
252 Speed/ 252 Sp. Att
Moon blast
Focus Blast
Psychic
Psyshock (it helps with sp def targets)

Mimikyu
Adamant @ Life Orb
252 HP 252 ATT
Shadow Sneak
Shadow Claw
Play Rough
Swords Dance

Mimikyu eases switching when I have a speed drop from Hammer Arm, intimidate, or just want to switch Lele out
>>
Hold up, just read that you can max a Pokemon's IV's through bottle caps but that it's only superficial. It won't actually change Hidden Power or pass the stats while breeding.

Please tell me it actually has an effect in battle? Otherwise, what's the fucking point? Also, is it worth using bottle cops and some of your Mons from the original run if they have a good nature or should I just go ahead and start breeding anyway instead of trying to get them to level 100?
>>
>>30358047
My toxapex has a similat set but with black sludge and scald as its water move.
>>
>>30359325
I would do 252 speed on mimikyu, I use that very one as a lead. Absolutely amazing, most of the time it sweeps everything alone.
>>
>>30359337
In battle yes the pokemon has perfect IVs, just not when breeding or for HP.
>>
>>30355203
I got 47 with Pheramosa doing the must-a, nihlego and iron waifu
>>
>>30359141
Injecting isn't making shit invincible, it's fucking cutting time breeding. If you lose with an injected team it isn't because the guy sucks, it's because RNG happened in something that has always been known to be rigged. Fuck off.
>>
>my high jump kick constantly misses
>opponents have 100% accuracy on all their moves

Honestly, I don't mind losing if my pokémon are outclassed but shit like this...
>>
>>30358956
Bewear makes a pretty good partner for Nihilego. It tanks Physical moves for it (sans EQ) and Nihilego tanks Fire moves for Bewear in return.
>>
>>30359442
If you're injecting anyways then why not just bring in mega ray and a broken ass smeargle?
>>
>>30358047
Enjoy having the AI throwing out all the earthquake spammer and legend at you.
>>
>>30359619
>using hi jump kick or stone edge in the deepest circle of RNG hell

Ya just gotta let go of moves under 90% acc anon
>>
>there are people who inject team that can't even get past 50.
>break the 50 mark with imperfect pokemon.

You can all suck a bag of dicks.
>>
>>30355203
Anyone know some good comps for singles? Tapu Koko/Golisopod/Ninetails doesn't seem to be working out for me unless I'm just bad
>>
>>30359983
High jump kick is 90% accuracy, but I'm begining to think that 30 more damage isn't worth using it over jump kick.
>>
>>30359442
What is aron. Inject fags really suck at this game.
>>
I've been using Kartana with a focus sash, Nihilego, and Mimikyu. Just got to 60 wins and the only thing that's posed much of a threat is this one Mega Metagross set.
>>
>>30360280
Single? If that's the case,then i have a team.
I did double already with mimiku and Kartana
>>
>>30360280
What set on Nihilego?
>>
>>30360280
Nililego set? Not sure how to use it exactly.
>>
>>30356831
If you SOS chain, they'll get up to 4 perfect IVs. Seems it takes a chain of about 35 or 40 those to start appearing. Hidden abilities start appearing after 10.
IVs of 0 are just random though.
>>
>>30359935
Not that anon, but Rayquaza is banned and Smeargle got nerfed hard by not letting it have Dark Void anymore which also got an accuracy nerf.
>>
>>30360453
>>30360492
Nihilego @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Acid Spray
- Dazzling Gleam

Not an ideal competitive set at all (Acid Spray is only there because it had the move when I caught it and I never got around to replacing it) but it's been working well against the AI
>>
>>30359302
Ferrothorn is why I ran Flamethrower Blissey in Battle Maison

(Yes, BLISSEY, because Eviolite Chansey got its item slapped away too much times.)
>>
File: Paul Keller-thumb-300x375-54055.jpg (146KB, 299x375px) Image search: [Google]
Paul Keller-thumb-300x375-54055.jpg
146KB, 299x375px
My four Kartanas are Adamant, Hasty, Naive, and Impish. Which is the best? They all seem decent.
>>
>>30360789
Hasty or naive. Adamant only if you run it with choice scarf.
>>
>wally uses mega garchomp

Is he going through an identity crisis or something?
>>
>>30360974
There is a lot of try hard set in this tree.
and their team seem randomized among a certain pool of pokemon they can use.
I faced blue at 50 and he did not have any of his Six (6) Mega evolutions.
>>
>>30359935
Because many injectors do things legitimately, not all of them are assholes.

>>30360015

Major hostility, do you get beat a lot in online play?
>>
>>30355825
You should teach Marowak Shadow Bone
>>
>>30360015
>needing to inject to get perfect pokemon
nub
>>
>>30359442
>basically cheats his fucking Pokemon
>still can't beat the game
>"I-I don't suck it's the RNG everyone knows it's rigged!!1"
Pathetic as fuck
>>
>>30361351
battle tree is rigged tho, bringing non 100 moves is pointless
>>
>>30355203
I've been using Kartana and Tapu Bulu as the leads and have Tapu Fini and a scared Xurkitree in the back. On 40 wins right now but team seems to be working pretty well.
>>
>>30361706
Scarfed*
>>
Ive been using Pheromosa, Starmie and Koko, but it feels very glass cannon and the best I can do is 15ish wins. Thinking about trying a bulkier team and try to switch tank hits and 1-2KO whatever I come across.

Right now the the roster is Dhelmise (HP/Atk) Turtonator (HP/SpA) and Toxapex (HP/SpD). thoughts?
>>
>>30355203
I'm using Golisopod, Salamence, and Kartana right now. Currently at a streak of 19 and haven't lost once.

Only problem I've run into is that fucking hypnosis Gengar that I've seen anons complain about. I had a flashback and remembered an anon mention that it will ALWAYS use dream eater right after, so I switched and, sure enough, it used dream eater. That anon probably saved my life.
>>
I get about 3-4 battles in before getting bored.
Why the fuck can't you bookmark where you are and take a break?

Also why is paralyze even a thing? It's an auto loss for me at this point cause the game has no problem not letting me move 4 turns in a row
>>
>>30362274
You can though, retard. just pick "take a break" in the menu inbetween battles.
>>
>>30362274
>Why the fuck can't you bookmark where you are and take a break?

you totally can. stop spamming A and read the options between matches
>>
>>30362310
>>30362319
I did take a break and it reset my place once I re-entered.
>>
>>30362179
I lost to that Gengar, it's fucking bullshit.
>>
File: 1477335340433.jpg (36KB, 599x738px) Image search: [Google]
1477335340433.jpg
36KB, 599x738px
>tired of tree's BS
>hack a pre-mega evolved pidgeot with 1 hit KO attacks as well as a no miss Machamp with 1 hit KO attacks
>almost every opponent has at least one Pokemon with Sturdy
>>
>>30362098
You're probably gonna need at least 1 fast mon or a priority user. If you still want a Grass/Water/Fire setup I'd trade out Dhelmise for a Kartana or Toxapex for a Sharpedo.
>>
File: 1479484490506.png (393KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479484490506.png
393KB, 640x640px
>tfw getting cteamed in single digits
>my actual team is sitting in evelup island until tomorrow because I dont have pokerus or power items to EV train manually yet
shoutouts to shadow claw charizard and psychic trevenant there to kill my ingame team mimikyu and bewear
>>
File: 1477354326400.png (41KB, 194x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477354326400.png
41KB, 194x200px
i give up highest i could get to is 10
super battles never or until qr codes come out so i can just rent op teams
>>
It's kind of fun watching the AI try to outsmart you

>Game gets sick of my Kartana sweeping every team it comes across
>Comes at me with a full fire team
>Golisopod OHKOs everything

Also, it must REALLY be getting tired of my First Impression bullshit, since almost every team has at least one Pokemon with a tanga berry

I've noticed that the game opens with a fake out/protect a lot as well. Is this the first game that's done this? I never got far in the Battle Maison.
>>
>tfw beat colress with mega metagross at 30 battles

Feels good man.
>>
File: julienlepersisnotok.jpg (5KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
julienlepersisnotok.jpg
5KB, 299x169px
>opposing Oricorio shit bird
>Opposing oricorio used Calm mind
>"Yeah whatever just use any effective move"
>Opposing oricorio weakness policy activated.
>Next turn Baton Pass.

Just stamp my passport already Jesus.
>>
>>30362725
Maison had a fair amount of Fake Out.
I think all the Protect now is if they're expecting a Z-move.
>>
>>30362725
I discovered at my expense that salazzle learn fake out.(Egg move)
>>
>>30362741
I've heard he's bullshit. How'd you beat him?
>>
>>30362955
Not him, but his team is random, when i faced him he had very average team, porygon2/porygonZ(yeah 2 porygon) kling and some other random mon and no mega at battle 30 also.
>>
>>30362955
A bit of luck was involved I guess. Use pheromosa, high jump kick his klingklang, U-turn on his mega metagross. Switch into tapu lele, sacrificing it to get pheromosa back in, finish off metagross with high jump kick. then I used ice beam on magnezone to break sturdy and let pheromosa die, send out kartana and finish it off with a sacred sword.
>>
>>30361351

>bring bred mons
>get beat due to RNG being bs
>bring inject mons
>same thing

Reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>30362955
You can play with the calculator here:
http://turskain.github.io/
Colress and some of the trainers at higher wins sometimes use the Metagross-4 set.
>>
File: mOnvOJG.png (298KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
mOnvOJG.png
298KB, 2271x2380px
>The opposing Glaceon used Blizzard
>Salamence avoided the attack
>>
I was thinking Garchomp, Golispod, and Metagross or Calm Mind Clefable.
>>
what should be my third pokemon if I have Mimikyu and Porygon-Z?

or should I swap out Pory-Z for some other special attacker?
>>
>>30363437
>opposing jolteon uses thunder
>lands
>paralyzes
>your pokémon is fully paralyzed! It can't move!

;_;
>>
So when I beat singles I move onto super singles, right? Or do I just keep going in singles? I'm trying to get a streak of 50
>>
>>30363730

>when you have done so many runs you know everyone

Jolteon thunder never miss, blizzard fag family(glaceon/glalie/Rotom), More rotom, Fire squad because fuck Kartna, thunder wave blissey because why not, Flinch sqad(Gyrados/salemence/Rockruff)
>>
>>30363576
Is pory using z conversion? It becomes great with it and mimikyu definitely doesn't need a z move to do work.
>>
>beat red and try my first battle after having to bank nebby
>first trainer sends out a power herb solar blading lunantis
>next fw battles is nothing but bs tactics I would expect in competitive play
Did they update the AI this gen? It feels like everyone in this game actually had a strategy when fighting me.
>>
>>30364020
yes it is
>>
Just barely beat Kiawe at battle number 20, my Salamence had 2 HP left.
>>
>>30364113
Pory should be good then. Maybe a good wall?
>>
>>30362955
He's not at all the worst sub boss. Anabel is the strongest sub boss character by a longshot.
>>
How many battle do I need to win is Super to earn the second battle tree ribbon, is it 21 again, like the regular singles, or 50?
>>
>>30364187
thinking of Aegislash maybe

is Toxic/Sub/King's Shield/no idea for 4th move ok?

also what should be the EV spread of it
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>>30363437
>That fucking thunder wave/swagger Jolteon
>>
What does the Scouting option do?
>>
>>30364622
Recruits the opponent for multibattle.
>>
>>30364240

50 for super.
>>
Once I finish EV training them I'm gonna try doing singles with Xurkitree, Mimikyu, and Toxapex, seems like it should work well

I have Tapu Lele, Mudsdale, Marowak, Drampa, and Golisopod in the works too
>>
Does it matter which format of singles I do to get the passport stamp?
>>
>>30366338
You can only go to 20 in the normal format.
>>
>send Mimikyu out first
>opponent's first move is using a Z attack
>>
>>30366379
Ok thanks
>>
File: 1419274375636.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1419274375636.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>breezing through singles with Swords Dance Life Orb Garchomp
>only ever pause if the enemy sends out an ice type
>have to bet on whether or not Garchomp can attack first

>tfw bet wrong
>>
up to 30 right now with sash battle bond Greninja, chest-o rest-o Mudsdale and Life orb Tapu Lele. I'm mowing down these fuckers with ease.
>>
How did an alakazam outspeed my max speed ev Tepu koko under electric field? I don't think it was scarfed because it used Telekinesis.
>>
>>30367053
All the Alakazam sets are 31 IV speed, 252 EV speed, and Timid. Your one needs 31 IV in speed and a +speed nature too.
>>
choice specs analytic magnezone
mega salamence
belly drum aquat jet azumarill
>>
Golisopod @ Lum Berry
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- First Impression
- Aqua Jet
- Sucker Punch

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Night Slash
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Nihilego @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Using this for singles but I can't get past 30. Keep wiping to Yanmga, Metagross-M or 2-3% chance hacks.

What should I change?
>>
Does the sparkling stat only happen when you have full evs and a beneficial nature? I have something with a neutral nature and I think it has max EVs in a stat but it isn't sparkling.
>>
>>30355389
What's a good moveset for Golisopod?
>>
I got fucking toxic stall swept by Red's venusaur fuck
>>
>>30368194
I use First Impression, Aqua Jet, Liquidation, Poison Jab
>>
Who are the best Buzzwole partners?
>>
>>30368287
rock or steel type
>>
>>30355683
What evs for frog?
>>
>>30368194
I use First Impression, Aqua Jet, Sucker Punch, and Leech Life.

As >>30368269 said, poison jab would be okay for extra coverage, but I think recovery is better.
>>
>>30368454
The EVs it comes with were good enough. But if you have berries dump his attack EVs for sp.a. Moveset I used was Hydro miss, water shuriken, dark pulse, ice beam, holding Waterium-Z
>>
File: 1477187396898.jpg (125KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477187396898.jpg
125KB, 1920x1080px
>try to cheese it with spore/baton smeargle
>every pokemon starts to lead with a chesto berry
EPIC
>>
>20 rotom sets
Even in the postgame there's no escape.
>>
>>30368118

Just e.v's.
>>
The Battle Tree is so fucking stupid

I absolutely loathe that all the good competitive items are locked behind this garbage
>>
GF must love thinking up hot bullshit to put into these things. I can just imagine them smirking as they look at imageboards and forums, with occasional bursts of laughter when they see people who are especially flustered. Living the dream.
>>
>9th battle (farthest I've gotten)
>Suddenly I lost my Mimikyu because he misses FOUR times in a row
>No evasion/accuracy shit was used at all

Totally fucking legit
right
>>
File: 1478517980925.jpg (29KB, 320x210px) Image search: [Google]
1478517980925.jpg
29KB, 320x210px
>>30369343
If you're using 100 accuracy moves, its entirely possible something is holding bright powder. Yes, the game pulls out bullshit like that if not outright countering your team entirely.
>>
I'm gonna say fuck it and run the good old Dragonite/Aegislash core. What's the best way to SOS grind for multiscale? Just have something spam worry seed on everything that gets called and keep killing them if they don't have it? What's a good third Pokemon to complete the set? I'm liking the feel of some of the UBs but megas will always be broken.
>>
>>30369343
>Forgetting Bright Power/Lax Incense is a thing
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
you know how annoying it is to watch a 100% move drop to 90% and then you roll the 1-10 3 times in a row? YEAH. I DO. FUCK THESE GOD DAMN ARENAS SO HARD.

Honestly I might just run Knock Off as everyone and their mother's got items galore.
>>
>>30369401
>>30369343
>>30369658
Remember Mimikyu's best move is play rough which is 90% already.

You went into this knowing the risks.
>>
Im going to try an Ice team soon

Do the other screens stack with auora veil?
>>
why is this shit SO fucking hard
>>
Man I just want to mega evolve my brothers

Why is this such a chore
>>
battle royal is a way easier method of grinding points than this rigged shit

all you have to do is not let all your pokemon faint and you get 4 BP in the royale
>>
>>30369571
Use a fairy. Azumarill, Mimikyu, or any of the Tapu are good.
>>
>>30369807
Not true, I went multiple games of my team never losing one guy and I still lose
>>
>>30369844
you lose but you get BP

master rank is 5 BP for a win and 4 BP for all alive
>>
>>30355203
Probably best to wait for Truant Durant if you're having a lot of trouble.
>>
>>30369737
Yes

>>30369756
Because you actually have to think and prepare here.

>>30369839
Do any of them have access to entrainment or simple beam?
>>
>tfw just want to battle with a team of Pokemon I'm choosing for this game specifically
>know my team will never be good enough to do anything worthwhile in the tree.
At least I'll have fun...
>>
>>30370021
>Because you actually have to think and prepare here.
and then the AI hard counters whatever you pick :^))))
>>
>>30370032
Yes, that's exactly the thing you should be thinking about and preparing for. People get to higher streaks because they recognize "my team is weak to X, so I'll pack Y" whereas most people losing here are just picking their 3 favorite/strongest Pokemon and then rushing in headfirst
>>
>>30357534
This is what I used. Swap out psycho cut for substitute though.
>>
File: 1453262556974.png (314KB, 1095x719px) Image search: [Google]
1453262556974.png
314KB, 1095x719px
>>30370140
how do I think and prepare for all my moves missing and them waking up from sleep in 1 turn every time and freezing my pokemon?
>>
>use earthquake on Electrive
>It misses

Did this thing include bright power specifically to screw over earthquake with RNG?
>>
>>30370450
I got to 29 with Autotomize Celestella, Draco Meteor Silvally and Life Orb Nihlego, shit was pretty cash but I've lost twice to Brightpowder Shenanigans, Heavy slam missing on a Lapras twice and and Mallow knocking me at 10 for nihlego missing a Power Gem on Toucannon, I know It was pure Rng and I couldn't do anything, but it still got me discouraged from trying again with the same team.
>>
>>30370446
Like 90% of those can actually be avoided. A very common set for Maison was Lum Berry Dragonite and now we have Tapu Finni. Smart Strike is a very viable move on some common Pokemon.
>>
>>30369807
royale is rigged to hell and back too.
>down to last pokemon, tapu fini, because the assholes have been targeting me all game
>two grass types and a typhlosion
>typhlosion also the last member of his team, that's all I've been targeting
>alright so I'll just get a nice hydro pump off on the typhlosion and that'll be that, nice
>the fucking typhlosion goes apeshit and gets a crit full powered eruption on ME of all things
>hydro pump then proceeds to miss
>grass guy who finished off my other 2 pokemon times it perfectly and finishes off fini, gets the win
I swear to absolute fucking shit that that nigger typhlosion trainer was paid off. Made me angry as hell
>>
>>30370594
not full powered eruption, shit, meant to say flamethrower, confusing it with another match
>>
File: will smith looks at camera.gif (2MB, 649x472px) Image search: [Google]
will smith looks at camera.gif
2MB, 649x472px
>>30366850
>opponent's quick claw activates
>>
>>30370564
>Smart Strike is an actual viable no-miss move now
>all those fucking double team rotoms

This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>30370652
>opponent's focus band activates
focus BAND

FOCUS

BAND
>>
>>30356243
>Tapu koko Ballon, timid
Can you share your set
>>
>>30370652
>Snorlax's Quick Claw activated
>Body Slam
>No Para

>Setup in his face

>Snorlax's Quick Claw activated
>Body Slam
>Para

Luckily I had Lum berry, but this is the kind of thing that gets me a bit nervous
>>
I find Multi easier to get ahead in than Singles or Doubles
>>
File: tumblr_o3anncmkKn1ri9hnio1_500.png (471KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3anncmkKn1ri9hnio1_500.png
471KB, 500x405px
>>30370687
>opponent's weakness policy activates
>it received a speed buff the turn before
>>
File: IMG_20161129_215048_487.jpg (449KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161129_215048_487.jpg
449KB, 1600x1200px
>>30355203
I just lost my streak with this team in super doubles.

Jolly Gyarados/Water Z crystal
Taunt,Protect,Waterfall,Ice Fang

Sp.Defensive Togedemaru/Sitrus Berry
Spiky Shield,Nuzzle,Fake Out,Zing Zap

Jolly Emboar/Life Orb
Flare Blitz,Superpower,Wildcharge,Protect

Sassy Aegislash/Leftovers
King's Shield,Flash Cannon,Shadow Ball,Substitute
>>
>ITT shitters never did any Battle Tower/Battle Maison.
Reminder this isn't fucking Showdown, this is a completely different meta where the name of the game is minimizing RNG for your own good. Running Aerial Ace or Wide Lens isn't actually laughable and can save your life in some cases.
>>
What's a good nihilego set and partner?
>>
I wipe the floor with the tree using Pheromosa, Xurkitree and Mimikyu..

.. then I ran into Golisopod. Ended my streak multiple times.

I think I might need to put the Fairy Z Move on Mimikyu just so I can hit him with a fat wad of damage.
>>
>>30355825
Played a little more and managed to get to 70. Almost lost to stockpile Araquanid backed up by a team specifically made of counter trick room. Only won because Torkoal managed to get a lucky Fissure off.

You gotta get hax to beat hax.
>>
>Lose to lax incense Latias

Fine, I already have my 50 wins, I'll leave.
>>
>>30371016
Some anon mentioned Bewear, but I use Celesteela as one of it's partners, Covers for it's ground weakness, and my adamant celesteela wipes the floor with most bulky physical users, Nihilego want something like this:

Nihlego @ Black Sludge/Life orb/ whatever
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Coverage
- Coverage

The coverage depends on your team, but I fond T-bolt, Dazzling gleam and Grass knot to be pretty good
>>
>>30371184
But Jellyfish gets busted by steel and ground types pretty fast
>>
Any suggestions on what mons to use to start? I'm trying to get enough points to get the power items.
>>
>>30371236
Ubs and Tapus. Guranteed 3 ivs and have solid stats. Tapu Fini also has a good doubles,multi combo with any bulky physical sweeper by swaggering their teammate for a free +2 boost.
>>
>>30371225
Live with it, the only real menace to the Jelly is dugtrio, save it for cleaning, don't make the team around Nihilego, use nihilego's fat HP and Spdef to switch in on pokemon it walls, most of the time you'll get a beast boost off and you'll only have to worry about getting outspeed or priority, which you shouldn't see often if you switch teams, and you do have two other pokemon.

rng is still a bitch though
>>
>>30371351
Not that anon, but which could be the best to build around with?
>>
RNG was on my side when I got my Super 50 streak with

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 SpA
-Hi Jump Kick
-Posion Jab
-U-turn
-Ice Beam

Nihilego @ Air Balloon
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spd
-Power Gem
-Sludge Wave
-Psyshock
-Grass Knot

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
>>
What nature do you guys like for Fini?
I'm also not sure about getting Timid or Modest on Lele.
>>
>>30371500
>using hi miss kick in bad RNG: the mode
holy shit anon you lucked out
>>
Just lost at 81 to a King's Rock Protean Greninja that Flinched 5 times in a row (Fucking bullshit)

Team was:
Kartana @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Smart Strike
-Leaf Blade
-Sacred Sword
-Night Slash

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spe
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Energy Ball
-Thunderbolt

Kartana alone sweeps 90% of matches because it can OHKO most pokemon without an initial Beast Boost.
The only time you would switch out is if the opponent leads with a Fire type you can't OHKO, a Special Attacker that can outspeed Kartana (Like Alakazam), or Mega Lucario.

Tapu Lele can switch for free against all pokemon that threaten Kartana.

Dragonite is a safe revenge killer after Kartana has run its course or if the opponent leads with a Fire type that's not Blaziken (in that case switch to Tapu Lele) because it can safely get a Dragon Dance off against anything that doesn't use an Ice-type move and isn't a fucking Flinch hacking piece of shit.
>>
What's the best HP for nihilego?
>>
>>30371983
Very close to my set.

except i'm using Salamence instead of Dragonite
Salamence @ Salamencite
adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 156 AtK / 100 Speed
Dragon Dance
Thrash
EQ
Roost
>>
so far i've been doing okay with garchomp, bewear (seriously this guy can sweep 50% of the teams I fight, he has thunder punch), and arcanine.
>>
I just beat 50 wins in super singles with Azumarill, Mega Salamence, and Aegislash. I'm glad it's over.
>>
>>30366700
makes me fucking kek everytime, all that shit and then mimikyu just slouches over
>>
>>30372148
I don't even know which I prefer, M-Salamence or Dragonite, my Salamence runs:
-Dragon Dance
-Return
-Earthquake
-Facade

I feel like there isn't much point to roosting in Battle Tree Singles since Dragon Dance allows you to outspeed every unboosted pokemon that doesn't have Scarf.

I would much prefer Facade because it would be a clean switch in against leads like Dusknoir that always Will-o-wisp Kartana turn 1.
>>
>>30362430
since you're already cheating, use max speed sash stealth rock bisharp with succ, iron head and brick break for absol
there, you've now broken the tree as all true counters are taken care off

did you seriously not think of hazards to break sturdy/sash before you went gunas blazing with pidgeot?
>>
>>30355544
hax
>>
>>30355203
If you can't win with fucking UBs and Tapus please just throw your 3DS in the trash.
>>
>>30372623
it's not that you can't win, it's that you only need to lose once
>>
>>30372725
Winning means getting the 50 streak.
>>
File: 1478419293675.jpg (34KB, 720x510px) Image search: [Google]
1478419293675.jpg
34KB, 720x510px
>tfw you caught all the ultra beasts without thinking
>the best one is an impish celesteela
>>
File: get excited.jpg (14KB, 177x240px) Image search: [Google]
get excited.jpg
14KB, 177x240px
>>30373036
>tfw got a modest xurkitree with perfect speed and spatk without even realizing it until much later
>>
so do cynthia, red, wally, blue, guzma etc etc ever fucking appear at the battle tree or have i been swindled.

if you beat them do you unlock their music to play during online and during battle tree
>>
how do i get more trainers for multi battle
>>
>>30374106
Get a 20 streak to unlock Super rank, then the special trainers appear every 10 battles
>>
I've noticed that the AI doesn't seem to understand that Misty Terrain prevents Confusion.
As such, they'll keep using Confusion and Swagger (that one's especially useful for me) multiple times even though it's pointless.
Tapu Fini ftw.
>>
>>30362380
If you actually chose the take a break option it didn't reset the win you were on. If you fucking turned off your ds then it did.
>>
>>30355797
yeah it's easy when your team is illegal
>>
>breedercucks are this mad that their bike simulator got nerfed
>>
>>30374640
Good to know! Know any team compositions that encourage the AI to employ confusion-heavy tactics?
>>
GF doesn't get postgame, fuck.

I just took out my old copy of Stadium 2 and I still had my old Pokemon in there. The scope of that game is incredible, better than anything that came after it despite being in a much simpler gen.
The Gym Castles, the different cups with different rules, Round 2 amping everything up to 11, the Hard AI which does predictions and switches accordingly... it's such a great fucking example of what Pokemon postgame should be like, and it was highly polished even then, the 3D model animations and camera angles look 10x better than gen 6 and 7, they feel like actual fights and Pokemon feel alive, doing idle poses and more involved attack animations, all while the camera moves around and makes it exciting instead of sitting there while a Pokemon clumsily lops around and an attack just happens.

HAL Laboratory should be developing Pokemon, not GF.
>>
>>30375101
all true
to be fair stadium 2 is like the best one. but yeah, no gf game has gotten anywhere near it.
>>
>>30375101
>Stadium's announcer
Bring him back, he was so hype.
>>
>Was able to take on enough endgame PvE back in past games to get started with BP items
>Go into Battle Tree with my in-game team
>Just barely scrape by first three fights by the skin of my teeth
>Fourth has a Brightpowder Tyrantrum
>Miss every single attack on him
>Can only watch in growing frustration as this faggot little dinosaur slowly kills all three of my Pokemon with Stealth Rock and Dragon Tail

I hate this.
I really don't want to fall back on Tapus and UBs but it feels like that's what the game wants me to do.
>>
Battle tree First 50 Battles are fucking easy. If You are injecting and losing, you suck at this game. Hard.
>>
>>30376246
Ok little boy
>>
Tried out the team from >>30359325 and still lost at Battle 30 (Kiawe)

M-metagross has been disappointing mainly because I'm worried half of the time it'll miss and Bullet Punch conflicts with Psychic Terrain, so ?I'm switching it out for M-Salamence

Is thrash better over double-edge? I like how bulky salamence is and this is mainly for battle tree so usually I've won or Salamence has died by the time confusion occurs. Plus if I have to, I can always switch out into Mimikyu's Disguise. Recoil from double-edge can ruin its bulk and battle tree sets tend to be bulky as well. Help /vp/
>>
I was getting fucked up but now I'm using properly trained Pheremosa Xurkitree and Celesteela and I'm making progress. It still takes way too long to get BP though, considering how expensive everything is.
>>
I Used

M-Metagross
Jolly 252 Spe/252 Atk
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Bullet Punch
Earthquake

Golisopod
Adamant @ Assault Vest
252Atk/ 252 HP
First impression
Aqua jet
leech life
liquidation

Tapu Koko
Timid @ Life Orb
252 SpA/252 Spe
dazzling gleam
thunderbolt
volt switch
grass knot

And beat Super singles without problem, just a few hax scares.
>>
Just caught a nihilego

>HP Ice 70 power
>Timid

Is this worth it??
>>
Y'all fags better start using these sets, I swear.

I'm currently sitting at 61 straight wins in Super Doubles.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant
Intimidate
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpA

- Draco Meteor
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Celesteela @ AV
Modest
Beast Boost

252 HP/152 Def/100 SpA/4 SpD

- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power (Rock or Ground)
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Modest
Beast Boost
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def

- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball

Xurkitree @ Focus Sash
Adamant
Beast Boost

252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

- Sacred Sword
- Detect
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
>>
>>30376908
Gee, Steve, why'd your mom let you use TWO xurkitrees?
>>
>>30376831
>HP
>70 power
o I am laffin
>>
Is this "RNG is rigged" thing real? Or just people being sore losers? Like has it actually been proven with hard data rather than anecdotal evidence?
>>
>>30377170
Never heard any actual evidence. It quite blatantly builds it's teams around yours though, if you have a weakness you will repeatedly see the same Pokemon showing up even over small periods of time.
But RNGwise I was quite impressed that I almost never missed with High Jump Kick
>>
>>30377170
Everyone is just fairly sure its rigged.
You bring a team of all 4x ice weak dragons and they will constantly be throwing an all ice team at you.

I hear there are some pokemon that use moves they can't learn as well.
Lets just say, the opponents are not completely "random."
>>
Battle Tree and all these other facilities are not worth it. They're boring ass slogs that you have to cheese through, and even then one hax or mistake will cost you hours and force you to start from scratch through another boring slog

Got a hot win streak back in Platinum and realized it's for fucking nothing, just wasted hours for a record nobody will care about and a useless reward. Fuck this lazy ass mode
>>
>>30377006
Sorry. Meant to put "Kartana" in the last one.
>>
>>30377224

Really? Well, I wouldn't say it's really rigged but at some point I faced an Intimidate Incineroar. :O
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.