[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know where to find a cheap Nintendo handheld for a cause?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (93KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 640x427px
Working on a program called adopt a kid. We basiclly give Christmas presents to the less fortunate . One of the kids were helping asked for a handheld console. I was thinking of getting him any ds. Anyone know any websites to find good prices on Pokemon games and ds?
>>
>good prices on Pokemon games
If you ever see a Pokemon game that isn't still on stores shelves going for a decent price, it's a bootleg.
>>
>>30353765
Pretty much this. Would you get into any trouble by giving him a hacked system (o3ds and 2ds can be found fairly cheap) or an R4 card?
>>
what in god's name made you think "Oh! I know! I'll ask 4chan for advice! What could possibly go wrong?" when you became faced with this problem
>>
>>30353734
Are those systems small, or just far away in perspective?
>>
>>30353734
maybe ebay??
>>
>>30353734
I don't know about good ds prices, but you can just get an r4 and download a shit load of games with it
Explain how it works to the kid that gets it and they'll be ecstatic
>>
>>30353878
Don't buy Pokemon games on eBay unless you're enough of a nerd to tell the difference between a legit game and a bootleg. Around 80% of them are fake.
>>
>>30353821
It should be in the packaging . It's supposed to look like his parents got him the gift for Christmas
>>30353856
Far away .
>>
>>30353891
There is a HUGE problem when giving kids many games at once.
Fuckers do have no patience.
Better do it one by one.
>>
>>30353856
They were all pretty small. Nowadays there are xl versions of nintendo handhelds, but back then we just hoped for slimmer or more portable versions.
Placing a ds lite on top a new 3ds xl has about an inch of extra width on the xl.
>>
>>30353891
Don't explain how it works to the kid unless they ask, just preload it with the "best of" the ds. Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, the games that general consensus has decided are the classics of the console. Especially if the kid has never had one before.
The ds has a lot of great games that are more obscure, but if you overload them with content they will get distracted and never finish any of them.
>>
what's the cheapest a ds system with a gameboy slot could go for?
>>
>>30354063
Yeah that's true
Do this instead OP
>>
>>30354078
there are jap stores that continuously put up handhelds on ebay with $1 starting price, you can get some for a couple of bux + like $20 shipping
>>
>>30354078
If you go to a mom and pop store like vintage stock they go for 40-60 refurbished. Gamestop is about the same, but they have less selection.

Don't get a dsi if you want a gba slot.
>>
File: 1478576978871.jpg (65KB, 322x308px) Image search: [Google]
1478576978871.jpg
65KB, 322x308px
I'd go for the 2ds, you can get 'em for around $60 and the kid can play any Pokemon game from gen 4 onwards until the nx comes out
>>
These aren't very timely, but check for a toy show in your area. Sometimes conventions will have something called a "Swap Meet," which is almost like a flea market but for geeky items, but that requires admission to the con, of course.

Otherwise, ebay sadly is one of your better bets. But you'll have to look seriously into telling the difference between bootlegs and the real deal. Maybe craigslist will work, but I wouldn't know on that end.
>>
>>30353942
It's not so much the lack of patience, but rather the variety overwhelms their brain's palette.

If you have so many games, you make a realization that you'll only play so much before feeling uncomfortable, realizing you would've invested in another game. The cycle repeats until the kid just can't play the system anymore.

Even if he does have a favorite, he'll either stick only to that one game, or he'll be too burnt out from playing it again.

Gaming is like cherry pie. Don't gorge on it all at once to a point where looking at it makes you uncomfortable.
>>
>>30354161
Any links?
>>
Local secondhand video game shops will probs sell you a DS for 60 and any Pokémon game for 25 - 45 bucks. That's about the best you can manage.
>>
>>30353942
I was just planning on buying them a handheld and like 2 or 3 games. I don't know this person just doing a donation
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.