[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give it to me straight, /vp/ Is he still good? Will he still be OU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-094Gengar.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-094Gengar.png
58KB, 250x250px
Give it to me straight, /vp/

Is he still good?

Will he still be OU?
>>
>>30353183
He may have lost the ground-type switch in, but now he can take advantage of Psychic Terrain.
If paired with Lele, he's probably pretty strong.
Otherwise he's undoubtably weaker.
>>
>survives in the generation of Dark type superiority, Knock Off and Sucker Punch
>survives two whole gens without Levitate
The answer is no.
>>
Hard to say.

It loses his Spikes and Earthquake immunity, yes. But, it gets the ability to absorb Toxic Spikes, it can take advantage of Psychic Terrain (thus preventing it from being hit by priority like Bullet Punch or Sucker Punch).

Bringing it into play will probably be the hardest part (since Earthquakes were everywhere) but once it's in, it still has a lot of tricks up its sleeve. On top of that, it still has two other immunities that it can capitalize on, namely Normal and Fighting. And doesn't it have a 4x resist to Poison, too? That's something it can probably switch into, and hopefully Cursed Body can help debilitate its foes more.

I really don't wanna believe it'll drop out of OU. I really wanna believe it'll stay and have some staying power and still be strong. At least its Mega will be undoubtedly Uber, right?
>>
First for him with LEGAL sludge wave
>>
Cursed Body is annoying as FUCK I never thought I'd say it but I miss Levitate
>>
>>30353183
It will sink straight to PU, just like the other Ghosts that lose Levitate
>>
It's still viable. It will not drop out of OU.
>>
Its still good, if not just as good. Sure it lost Levitate, but it can take advantage of the terrains, kill fairies (outspeeds and murders 3/4 of the tapus) and get rid of toxic spikes. Plus Cursed Body can be an annoying ability.

It may drop to BL for a while until people realize that its still pretty good and then shoot back to OU.
>>
Wasn't it a pretty top tier mega anyway?
>>
>>30354638
It'd be better if it activated through subs.
What about grassy terrain support? With leftovers and grassy terrain you recover 24% in two turns, so you can put out more subs
>>
Gengar is fine. Losing levitate is shitty but now it absorbs toxic spikes, still has a good typing overall, benefits from terrains, the works. Once he's on the field he's still Gengar, he's lightning fast and hits like an asteroid. Gengar isn't leaving OU.
>>
>>30353183
Easily

Gengar is fast and hits hard

You just can't freely switch in on earthquakes now
>>
>all this talk of Terrains

Will Terrain really last so long? They only last five turns, eight at best with the extender.
>>
>>30355041
>Outspeeds and one-shots topus

That's a pretty big selling point, the nerf actually helps Gengar become anti-meta because he also benefits from the terrain. He'd still be a topu killer with levitate but he'd get nothing ele out of it.
>>
Gengar have never been a response to Ground type Pokémon. Who the fuck put a Gengar in front of a Landorus or Garchomp? And now he can absorb toxic spikes and don't care about Sucker Punch in Psychic Terrain.
>>
>>30353183
>yfw they removed levitiate to capitizalize on Psychic Terrain
>>
I think overall it's less useful, but I think Toxic Spikes are going to be more prevalent in stall setups than they've ever been this gen (with Burn no longer being useful source of passive damage and Toxapex working its way to 110% usage) and if that's a factor in a given battle, Gengar will have arguably been more useful than he could have been before.
>>
>>30353183
Scarf Modest Gengar will be the future of the meta
>>
Gengar will always be OU because the low elo babies love Gengar because he is soo cool, his usage will never drop amongst them.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 378x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 378x470px
>>30355513

>leftovers gengar
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.