[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp/ battle league #0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 220px-Pokémon_League.png (146KB, 220x341px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Pokémon_League.png
146KB, 220x341px
Weekly /vp/ battle league #0
>What is this?
A (bi-?)weekly themed weekend tournament based around a rating system which means you can challenge or call out in the thread for a battle with someone and win/lose rating based on your performance(aka chess Elo system).
This week is a Little Cup to test the waters with a low entry requirement so that everyone that wants to get into it can give it a shot.

This week: Melemele Little Cup
Starts @ Friday, 2 Dec 19:00 CET
Ends @ Sunday, 4 Dec 23:59 EST
Format: Singles, bring 6, fight 3v3, rating based tournament

Rules:
>All pokemon must be level 20
>Only pokemon that have not yet evolved but are capable of evolution
>The only items that are allowed are berries
>Only legal pokemon allowed

Banned:
>Moves with a damage ratio higher than 81 (Dragon Rush, Brave Bird ect.)
>Offensive TM’s (Psychic, Flamethrower ect.)
>Dragon Rage
>Any item that is not a berry
>The use of the following pokemon: Tauros and Scyther

Early Signup:
You can signup whenever you want, even during the league weekend.
Put in a comment with your IGN/FC in the spreadsheet or in the thread and I’ll add you manually:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rsm_Fer6pp4Y2Beivt__wJ3vXqW7NsgMKr7FFu6neVE/

Might use the global-link Friendly Competition mode once it’s released, but we’ll see

last threads:
>>30339893
>>30313921

Spread the word, discuss possibilities
>>
Anyone lurking? we had quite a decent thread yesterday with a lot of interest being shown. I really want to make this a thing that we can all enjoy and extend the longevity of the Pokemon games.

Working/thinking of a way to quickly adjust ratings right now on the board, might just manually change them 1 by 1 depending on how many people are going to join in on the fun
>>
>>30349287
Lurking my dude, just brainstorming a team right now, no immediate action or thoughts come to mind though.
>>
Wait wtf. ok so i have a couple issues.
says Melemele Little cup and says only legal pokes. so does that mean only from melemele island or all legal VGC 17' pokes?
All pokes should be level 5 not level 20.
banning tauros even though he cant evolve is just stupid.
berries being the only item guarantees every motherfucker has either Lum, Sitrius, or Oran on the rare occasion.
Cant use BP 80+ moves Why?
Cant use TM moves? but what about passing move through breeding.
>>
>>30349501
>banning tauros even though he cant evolve is just stupid.
Really? Look at his fucking BST, that shouldn't go up against Little Cup mons.
>>
>>30349501
He's got a point on the berries, I'd say one of each berry should be allowed.
>>
>>30349531
you sir are mentally challenged.
tell me what does a Tauros evolve into? hint its fucking nothing so it cant be used in little cup.
>>
>>30349602
>says banning Tauros is stupid
>now says Tauros can't be used
You might want to pay attention in class right now, kiddo.
>>
File: tauros.png (16KB, 476x329px) Image search: [Google]
tauros.png
16KB, 476x329px
>>30349602
>so it cant be used in little cup
then why are you complaining it's banned
>>
>>30349313
That's the rough part of trying to start something like this I guess, its still ~3-4 days off til it "starts".

Hoping for the activity in these threads to go up a bit the further down the line we get and the closer we get to the tournament itself.

I know some anons were talking about a playthrough checkpoint-based weekly tourney, how did that go/work out?

>>30349501
>says Melemele Little cup and says only legal pokes. so does that mean only from melemele island or all legal VGC 17' pokes?
Any legal pokes that are obtainable ingame right now and not through injections or hacks, Melemele is actually a confusing name that I gave it desu, its just a regular /vp/ little cup.
>All pokes should be level 5 not level 20.
We use our own rules that will be voted on at the end of every tournament that tie in with the next weeks theme.
>banning tauros even though he cant evolve is just stupid.
But he is banned anyway because it is not capable of evolution, a slip up on my part
>Only pokemon that have not yet evolved but are capable of evolution
>berries being the only item guarantees every motherfucker has either Lum, Sitrius, or Oran on the rare occasion.
>>30349577
Could be right, i'd say thats a fair point, will change it up when I next post it. this change shouldn't cause too big of a disturbance
>Cant use BP 80+ moves Why?
Easier entry for everyone and otherwise some pretty borderline broken abilities for a Little Cup. Might be wrong here, we will see and adjust rules according to each weeks theme that we vote on ourselves. This weeks ruleset is by me with input from you guys, tried to keep it simple yet interesting.
>Cant use TM moves? but what about passing move through breeding.
Depends if you pass on the TM-taught move or just a natural learned move. You can't cheese your way through this

That said, how am I to check every single little thing? there's going to be a certain level of trust placed in the people that join here and people called.
>>
>>30349653
.... so you need to also ban Pinsir, Dehlmise, Mimikyu ect?

Im saying why is it a rule that specifically taruos is banned when he isnt allowed in the first place. the rule posted in OP's rules is just not needed...i mean unless taruos has an evolution and i dont know about it.

also Sneasel is one you SHOULD specifically ban, unless SM has tweaked its stats
>>
>>30348828
>The only items that are allowed are berries
Did you forget about Eviolite or did you decide to ban it yesterday?
>>
>>30349716
But no trolling, seriously my last post seem kinda aggressive.
Its just that I have played Little Cup for years and it is by far the hardest metagame of them all and the rules need to be consistent or else the meta in LC become way over-centralized on certain pokemon . for this to be "fair" it needs to run by standard LC rules. I was Interested when I saw OP's thread and then I was just like wtf is this.

Sorry guys GL HF
>>
>>30349840
Evolite is used in little cup and is not banned.
it has been nerfed in SM
(not even the worst item)
>>
>>30349916
>it has been nerfed in SM
No it hasn't.
>>
>>30349866
>>30349916
The thing is with the restriction to items, move power and change of level + alola only mons, it will probably (hopefully) turn out to be quite different.

and hopefully with future themes with an ever (drastically changing) metagame/rules to focus on people will have some chances to use some mons they otherwise wouldn't use.
All feedback is appreciated.

And I can't really say more until we had our first cup. Keep in mind that the smogon LC has been fine-tuned to minute details with a very developed metagame already.
This is hopefully only the beginning for this league.
>>
Any rewards? Or are we just in this for the fun of it?
>>
>>30350772
I want to get some rewards in, but right now no rewards are planned.

I might give away some of my mons if I can train them up to be decent with some good egg moves & nature/iv/ev's
>>
Right now the idea with the rating is the winner announces in the thread the amount of games played against the loser and which one of those he has won, then I will look at both the players rating on the spreadsheet and adjust them accordingly. I can just go down the thread and see what people have done

Everyone starts at 500 and you can go up or down, resets at the end of the tournament and I'll publish a leader board and we input/vote for a next theme and adjust it based on feedback.

Sounds good?
>>
>>30351484
How many points are win/losses worth? 100 each?
>>
>>30351832
I was planning to use an official chess elo calculator online or write my own bot, but a more simple point system with just flat values can work

http://www.kosteniuk.com/EloCalc/elo.php

I think we should just try something simple first with flat values first and I might be getting ahead of myself. If there's need/want for a better rating system, then I will just throw it on in the next tourney
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.