[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is more overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

File: 269328760912012370.jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
269328760912012370.jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
http://www.strawpoll.me/11760019

Charizard and Greninja are constantly shilled as the best starter but is it really true? Many say these are overrated but which one of these would you say is more overrated?
>>
Greninja doesn't have genwunner points
>>
>>30346960
But the difference between them is that no one likes Froakie they only like Greninja while people who like Charizard like Charmander as well.

Froakie was the least popular when the kalos starter were revealed from the beginning and only got popularity when Greninja was revealed.
>>
>>30346948
How many baans can a burasto baan if a burasto baan could baan burasto?
>>
>>30347001

bullshit I liked Froakie long before the evolutions were revealed.
>>
>>30347111
how many kurawus can a duragooo kruawuuuu if a durago kurawoooo could kurawooo duragon
>>
>>30346948
Greninja is overrated because it's actually a good Pokemon.
>>
>>30346948
Charizard

Greninja is shilled but the design and concept are still top tier. Charizard is shilled to death and the design is just okay.

Greninja would be amazing if its eyes were constantly closed.
>>
>>30347533
Then you are part of a small part that picked Froakie from the beginning.
>>30347557
>>30347570
>Tounge scarf
>Good design

Greninja is just as shilled as Charizard and maybe even more, there is a reason it was added to Smash even before it was announced.
>>
>>30347727
I mean it's a good Pokemon in the fact that it's competitively viable. I'm pretty sure if Starmie had a more typically cool design it would be shilled a ton too.
>>
>>30347001
Froakie started gaining popularity before that once people noticed it using ninja signs with Water Gun.

>>30346948
Greninja is no where near as shilled as Charizard. Not even Mewtwo is more shilled than Charizard. It's the only non-legendary Pokemon with two mega evolutions.
>>
File: 1477718201293.jpg (18KB, 440x493px) Image search: [Google]
1477718201293.jpg
18KB, 440x493px
>>30347765
>Posting Jojo
>>
>>30347756
But that's the thing, it's shilled so hard they made it competitively viable and added Ash-Greninja.
>>30347765
Was still the Least popular choice til Frogadier was revealed and people started jumping ship.
>>
>>30347727
why do you think the tounge scarf is a bad design?
>>
>>30347001
>Froakie was the least popular when the kalos starter were revealed from the beginning
Literally wrong. Fennekin was the most popular and Chespin was the least.
>>
>>30347855
>Tastes everything it touches
>Gets stuck on shit/gets shit stuck to it
>Dries it out
>Tongues aren't light like a cloth scarf and will create excess drag
It's objectively retarded. They should have stuck with the bubble motif.
>>
>>30347858
You are wrong, Fennekin and Chespin were the more popular choice while Froakie was almost forgotten. It only started gaining popularity when their first evolution were revealed.
>>
>>30347806
That's not Jojo you neckbeard. Not every anime character that even looks slightly manly is from Jojo. Try using reverse image search before you waste my time with stupid posts.
>>
>>30346948
Counting just their base forms Charizard is more overrated seeing as Greninja is actually a decent pokemon and has a good design. It's tainted by that ash greninja abomination though, that thing should never existed. same goes for Zard x. Both are hideous
>>
>>30347858
>>30347885
Froakie was always the most popular amongst the normalfags. Fennekin was a close second.
>>
>>30347821
What's your point? They did the exact same shit with Charizard and not only did they give it a mega evolution to make it viable they made it the only non-legendary with TWO FUCKING MEGAS! So again I ask, what the fuck is your point?
>>
File: 1471752329868.gif (984KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
1471752329868.gif
984KB, 320x239px
>>30347884
are you saying that it's bad because it isn't realistic?
now that's pretty stupid
>>
>>30347884
You do realize that this is Pokemon we're talking about, right? They can make the logic behind Greninja's tongue scarf whatever the fuck they want. You're just nitpicking to be nitpicking.
>>
>>30347935
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed. Kek. This idiot is just desperate to find a reason to hate Greninja. Saying you hate Greninja because of its ridiculously wide/diverse movepool would've been a much more sound reason to hate it than this.

>I-I-I hate Greninja because his tongue scarf doesn't make any sense.
>>
One of them got not one, but TWO Megas.
>>
>>30346948
>owlcucks are this mad nobody cares about their betamax archer
>>
>>30347922
>>30348004

Because Greninja really is more shilled than Charizard. Charizard might have gotten two mega's but Venusaur and Blastoise at least got something. Are you that oblivious?

Charizard and Mewtwo were mostly shilled because gen 1 nostalgia while Greninja got shilled from the beginning to the end and now is the only Kalos starter that get special treatment and unlike Charizard that only got shilled after the succes of gen 1 Greninja was already shilled before the game was out.
>>
>>30348018
>He didn't say anything about Rowlett, Dartrix, or Decidueye.
>>
>>30348056
Charizard has been shilled since the first Pokemon anime. Charizard being shilled didn't just start in gen. 6. Greninja can't compete with that.

Just because Blastoise and Venusaur got a mega evolution as well doesn't make Charizard any less shilled when it still got one extra than both of them.
>>
>>30348056
Ash had a Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur.

Guess which of those Pokemon was the only one to reach its final evolution in the anime.

I'll wait.
>>
>>30348173
And Ash only hade one Kalos starter what's your point? Bulbasaur and Squirtle appeared even more than Charizard in the first seasons and it was not as huge shilling. While they even made Greninja it's own "mega" which they shilled as strong bond and was even more shilled than Pikachu.
>>
>>30347935
I think it's bad because it looks retarded. Is that a good enough reason?
>>
>>30346948
Greninja is retarded overrated garbage but Charizard is still shilled more.
>>
File: 1377869621225.gif (334KB, 160x173px) Image search: [Google]
1377869621225.gif
334KB, 160x173px
>>30347884
>bubble motif

Are you retarded? The motif was never the bubbles. The motif was lowly thief becoming master thief. The bubbles aren't necessary to convey that motif, so they're expendable. And besides, the manga confirmed that he can still use Frubbles, so now he's even MORE versatile.
>>
>>30347727
Gamefreak didn't add Greninja to Smash to shill, Sakurai chose him because he thought he looked cool. If anything, Sakurai's choice may have been what prompted GF to start shilling him.
>>
>>30346948
No matter what retards say, it will always be Charizard. It's GF's child that they won't let go.
>>
>>30347884
>unrealistic implies bad design
wow your taste is a few hundred years outdated
>>
>>30348760
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they created mega evolutions solely to buff Charizard but decided to go all the way with it and give it to other Pokemon.

Stealth Rocks will always be a thorn in regular Charizard's sides.
>>
>>30346948
Charizard is way more overrated.
But I still like it better than Greninja.
>>
>>30347858
That's before their evoltions were revealed.
Then Fennekin quickly became worst.
>>
>>30348694
Sweet "actual" motif that came directly from your rectum
>>
File: 1467010180627.png (119KB, 572x455px) Image search: [Google]
1467010180627.png
119KB, 572x455px
>>30348699
Exactly. Sakurai and his team had nearly the entire Gen VI dex to choose from and they liked Greninja the best, so they added him into the game. They also made the right choice, because Greninja turned out to be insanely popular even before his Smash appearance. Two months after his reveal he was already Top 25 in some huge Best Pokemon of all Time lists, and it placed first in every important best of Gen VI poll. The first Game Freak sponsored shilling came in the form of Greninjash shilling, which happened years after Greninja's debut, and way after he had established himself as a household name.
>>
>No option for both
>>
File: ThiefStereotypes.jpg (36KB, 617x445px) Image search: [Google]
ThiefStereotypes.jpg
36KB, 617x445px
>>30348893
Have you not played JRPG's, you idiot? In many cases the highest rank in the Rogue/Thief class is Ninja. Final Fantasy is a classic example of this.

Froakie represents the stereotypical rookie thief like in Pic Related. Greninja is the highest rank.
>>
>>30348760
It's slightly justifiable that they pander to Charizard and Greninja because, at the very least, they got REALLY popular from the start. They just took the opportunity at hand. Think about it this way:

If you were running an NFL souvenir shop, which player related items would you make sure to have extra stock of?

Most likely players that are already recognized and have a wide audience, like Tom Brady, Peyton Womanning, etc...

Sure, you can sell stuff featuring your local team, but don't expect to sell nearly as much as you would selling actual popular stuff. It's simple logic.
>>
>>30349532
The problem is that they ignore other popular Pokemon in the process. As if Charizard is the only of the three that people fucking like.
>>
>>30346948
How is this even a question? Do you not remember Origins?
>>
File: 1478956117039.jpg (76KB, 609x571px) Image search: [Google]
1478956117039.jpg
76KB, 609x571px
>>30350289
They don't "ignore" the others. There's merchandise for every single starter. But as i said, it's logical that if a very large demographic likes a certain starter more than usual and that very same demographic wants more of it, then they'll go the extra mile to appease that which they know will be a success. It came to my knowledge in a past thread that Greninja is so popular that even his 3DS theme with the shitty BGM sold WAY more than the actual Red/Blue theme released alongside it. Even his Amiibos also sold faster than Lucario's. Charizard is in a similar spot. It's 20 years old and is still one of the most quintessencial pokemon in the minds of the people.

If they see overwhelming support for a pokemon, they'll push it and make lots of merchandise of it. Stunfisk for example, was memed upon so often in Japan that it actually became popular and got loads of merch in its name. Show your numbers and your devotion and they will shell out more merch. It's stupid to expect them to dediacte a whole manufacturing procedure for something that will sell hardly 1000 units.
>>
>>30350567
>Teddy bears mean they aren't ignoring the others.

Kek.
>>
File: image.png (162KB, 525x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
162KB, 525x453px
>>30347806
>posting pokemon
>>
>>30346948
Greninja cause he is uber for no reason at all.
>>
>>30350671
THey're selling something that COSTS THEM MONEY to produce. THey need to make sure it will make them A PROFIT. Why is this so har to understand? There's over 800 pokemon and every single one of them is someone's favorite. They literally cannot promote each and every one of them.
>>
>>30350836
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT TEDDY BEARS YOU FUCKING IDIOT! How is this so hard to understand? What I care about is how much exposure Ash's Charizard has gotten compared to Ash's Warturtle and Ash's Bulbasaur and etc.? What I care about is WHY THE FUCK DID CHARIZARD need TWO FUCKING MEGA EVOLUTIONS meanwhile shitmons like Dunsparce still don't have an evolution or even a mega evolution?!
>>
>>30351067
Cause Charizard is cool and loved by everyone. Dunsparce is shit.
>>
Greninja isn't an overrated pokémon. Top tier design and utility, memorable anime appearances and smash slot. If people love it there is good reason for it.

But Delphox fans will always act bitter about it because they want their waifu to be just as popular, but now they on that "s-starter equality for everyone guys!" fiasco.
>>
File: 1478830540084.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478830540084.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>30351067
Because those "teddy bears" are actually very important, you tard. Let me break it down to you:

>New Pokemon gets revealed
>Gets overwhelmingly positive response from a large demographic
>Demographic demands more of it
>Gets pushed to the forefront
>Demographic demands merchandise and extra representation
>Devs realize this would actually be good because it would generate them big profits based on the large amount of people that want it
>They create additional merch and give it additional spots to appease the demographic
>The needs of the many overcome the needs of the few

Alternatively

>New pokemon is released
>It gains average popularity traction
>Some people like it, but overall the demographic isn't large enough to justify additional promotion and production
>Idiots complain

They promote Greninja and Charizard not only because they're more popular than their peers. They promote them because they're SUBSTANTIALLY more popular than their peers and appeal to a ridiculously larger amount of people. This overwhelming interest = mad possibilities for profit, so they go for it because the retarded option would be NOT doing it.
>>
>>30351399
Dunsparce is shit because they allow/tolerate it being shit.

If they put just as much love as they did into Charizard's mega evolutions into Dunsparce then Dunsparce could possibly be just as popular as Charizard. But they won't of course, they'll take the easy route as they've always done and continue to shill instead of putting more attention and love on other Pokemon.

>>30351608
And for the last fucking time I don't give a shit about the teddy bears.
>>
File: 1480298885675.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480298885675.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>30351671
>And for the last fucking time I don't give a shit about the teddy bears

Then keep whining like a faggot for the rest of your life, you consummate retard. I gave you the answer to your question and you don't want to take it. Don't expect anyone to take your crybaby ass seriously.
>>
>>30351671
>Give as much love to dunsparce

There's no saving that thing.
>>
>>30351773
I don't want to hear that from somebody with such terrible reading comprehension such as you.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.