[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pkhex question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: fsfsfs.jpg (216KB, 816x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fsfsfs.jpg
216KB, 816x1200px
can anyone answer what the deal with the pid and encryption constant has to do with legality?

What i'm doing to be extra safe is catching my pokemon on my legit cart, trading them over to a 2nd ds, editing them in pkhex to be better statted (but nothing illegal) and trading them back.

I just want to cover my bases, can anyone explain how battlespot and online battles check for legality?
>>
File: 1480070921489.jpg (804KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480070921489.jpg
804KB, 1000x1200px
>>
>>30344748
If it's anything like last gen, only blatantly hacked mons will fail.
I.e. Unreleased/invalid abilities, invalid moves, etc.

In my personal experience so far with this generation of games it seems similar.
Happy genning, anon
>>
>>30344748
roll encryption constant and pid last. that's it.
>>
>>30344896
that's what i've been doing and they trade on the GTS, i'm not sure if that's confirmation they're legit.

I'm just asking because i've been doing a lot of giveaways and i want them to be nice legitmons for people.
>>
>>30345037
PkHex has a legality checker. use it.
>>
>>30345198
Oh i have, everything i'm generating is perfectly legal in terms of iv, moves ect...

It's literally the encryption and the PID i'm wondering about.

For example, if i reroll them and then transfer back to my original game, is it going to be showing up that the pokemon was not generated on my good cartridge (when it was originally caught there) because that encryption shit won't match up with the trainer info i'm putting in?

If that makes sense?

Or am i being paranoid and giving nintendo too much credit?
>>
>>30345227
yeah
>>
After editing whatever fields you want, reroll the encryption constant, then the PID last. Every pkhex'd pokemon I've traded has gone through successfully. Just don't do anything to make it illegal
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.