[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ANOTHER out of reach power plant REEEEEEEEEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_9001.jpg (3MB, 3021x2105px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9001.jpg
3MB, 3021x2105px
>ANOTHER out of reach power plant
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
...I will say at least it's not a locked door(s) that's intractable for some inexplicably reason.
>>
File: r13-enter-power-plant.png (126KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
r13-enter-power-plant.png
126KB, 400x240px
maybe one day
>>
>>30340687
This, I still don't understand why they tease at being able to enter a power plant in Kalos.
>>
>gen 1~5
>anywhere you can't go is a featureless void of trees
>no one complains
>gen 6~7
>get some pretty eye candy in the distance instead
>people complain
>>
>>30340794
because it means they spent effort modeling a place you can't go to.

in SM there's the power plant area, most of the mountain on akala, and of course the golf course on Ula'ula.

It's also suspected there was supposed to be inner-volcano areas on Ula'ula too.
>>
>>30340794
>take the time to model something in 3d
>doesnt let te player explore it
don't make it then
>>
File: 1479321334210.png (114KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
1479321334210.png
114KB, 258x258px
>>30340833
>>30340877
that doesn't mean they modeled an interior
>>
>>30340601
It's the 20 anniversary anon

It's a nod to kalos power plants ;)
>>
>>30340899
There's an exterior.
>>
>>30340833
>spending effort on little details is a bad thing

only on /vp/, I bet the unique victory animation after beating Lysandre in XY triggered you too
>>
>>30340687
what the fuck was up with that.
>>
File: Kalos_Route_13_XY[1].png (1MB, 1039x686px) Image search: [Google]
Kalos_Route_13_XY[1].png
1MB, 1039x686px
>>30340766
Cause you were probably meant to enter it before they rushed the entire game. Hell just look at the route it's on. Where do you want your rails placed senpai? How about doodads and bushes and things, want any of those to make the route seem natural? NOPE
JUST
>>
Stars is a big possibility anons.

Unlike z
>>
>>30340996
>>30340765
>>30340687
>those days when everyone was theorizing about Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa being there
What do you think was supposed to happen there /vp/?
>>
>>30341243
Definitely Volacanion. But Nintendo learned they could be lazy and just hand out legionaries in events rather than create interesting in-game events for them.
>>
>>30341243
Game is obviously unfinished and it was meant to have a trio, there's 3 power plants.

You can literally see several towns and routes in the game that you can't acess.

Most notable ones are in victory road which shows a town/city with a bay, then a route.
Also anistar which has a big landpiece in front of it.
That city with the bikes had a biking contest and everyone was talking about it, even has a biking road but it ends in suddenly nothing.
No z, no anything
>>
>>30341243
Nothing, especially since it's known GF intentionally puts in red herrings for the sake of speculation and rumor mongering
>>
>>30341435
Like the vacant lots in every town this gen?
>>
>>30341435
>red herrings

Is that what we're calling unfinished games now?
>>
>>30340794
Don't even try to pretend the power stations in XY weren't obviously meant to be explorable at one point. They have fucking doors and everything.
>>
>>30340996
>those skate park grind rails

I WANT SKATES BACK
>>
>>30341042
why??? I keep seeing this meme everywhere but never anything to back it up

what made Z not a big possibility?
>>
>>30341341
Any pictures of the second one?

>>30341276
>we could have gone adventuring through a steam filled, dangerous power plant to find a cool new legendary chilling in the very depths
>instead we get to go to Gamestop and get scratch codes to literally have the pokemon delivered to our character
>>
>>30341243
I wonder if they'll release Pokemon Z as a part of gen 7. It'd fuck up the generational continuity, but I wouldn't put it past GF to fuck up like that. Maybe it'll be a Switch Exclusive like the rumored Pokemon Stars. Maybe it will actually be a complete experience.
>>
>>30341243
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find out in Pokémon Z, the third version of XY and final game in Generation Six. Zygarde will finally have the starring role it deserves!
>>
>>30341523
GF has some cover project named codenamed stars I think.

It probably wont be called stars in the end.

All the people talking aabout it is annoying too.

I hated the fuck out of "cant wait for Z/Gray version" the last two gens.
>>
>>30341341
Do you have any screenshots of this? Not calling you out, just curious to see.
>>
>>30341573
>WHY ARE YOU BUYING BLACK/WHITE? THEY'RE JUST GOING TO RELEASE GREY VERSION!
>BW2 comes out

>WHY ARE YOU BUYING XY? THEY'RE JUST GOING TO RELEASE Z VERSION!
>no third version at all

I want to see 3rd version fags get BTFO again
>>
File: nKDx4TE.jpg (622KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
nKDx4TE.jpg
622KB, 2448x1836px
>>30341523
Z was a possibility, but it the switch has a game set to release near launch made by game freak themselves.

GF doesn't do spin offs and they rarely ever do anything other than pokemon, specially not for a new console.
Then the stars "leak" by credible sources.
This one has actual stuff to back it up, of course, only a retard would take rumors and possibilities as something set in stone.

>>30341619
I'm actually trying super hard and I can't seem to find good screenshots of these, I remember I even grabbed one of the city a while ago for a thread like this, but you can check them out yourself if you really want to.
That's the most striking one, has a somewhat better view on another place and you can see a route going up to this city from another views.

Also forgot to mention Couriway train station, literally useless.
Let's not forget the entirety of southern kalos

The game screams unfinished everywhere
>>
>>30340765
Just wait til the gen 6 remakes :^)
>>
>>30341632
>>WHY ARE YOU BUYING BLACK/WHITE? THEY'RE JUST GOING TO RELEASE GREY VERSION!
>>BW2 comes out
That's actually pretty valid. BW2 sums up the story from BW efficiently too. A lot of people I know only played 2. No Z was the first time they really blew it.
>>
>>30340601
I heard Volcanion is sucking dicks behind it.
>>
>>30340601
Wait that's not explorable? Was planning to go there after the league, but this is disappointing.
>>
>>30340996
Ah yes, the famous French Badlands, driest desert known to man.
>>
>>30341981
Of all the things Alola had to import from Kalos, why the fuck did they import the fucking Repel-ignoring dust storm encounters?
>>
It could be worse. Gold/Silver had almost a entire game's worth of cut and alternate maps still in the game:

https://tcrf.net/Pok%C3%A9mon_Gold_and_Silver/Unused_Maps

And that isn't even including the stuff that was shown off to the press earlier then that.
>>
>>30341341
there are 4 power plants
>>
Holy shit, were the power plants never opened in XY? I dropped out somewhere March 2014 to play other games and skipped ORAS

I thought Diancie or something would be in there.
>>
>>30342067
You saved yourself out of the dark era, good on you anon
>>
>>30342014
At least they follow a set path instead of tracking you down. I tried replaying X about a year after it came out and the badlands made me drop it almost immediately after I got there. Fuck this route.
>>
>>30342022
>Entire game's worth of content

Did you even read your own link? Yes there is a pretty good amount of cut content but that's nowhere near an entire game.
>>
>>30341836
That's a picture of Anistar, buddy
>>
>>30342093
Except he played XY
>>
>>30342022
Huh...This is my first time seeing this. Thanks for the link, anon. It was an interesting read.

To the point though, this was the GB era of games. Despite existing in the code, Perhaps they were limited on what could be done at the time. Or they just used these as "proofs of concepts" and just "moved" these areas elsewhere, rather than outright deleting them. You can find a lot of leftover goodies in a lot of games if you look deep enough.

That said...I know XY has been delved into back in the day for early access to the item roster, pokemon stats, and character model rips...BUT, has anyone found, or even tried to find example of cut or altered content. GF isn't known for having the best clean-up job when it comes to having leftover code in their games. I'd be curious to see what could be found with some spawn, teleportation, or walk-through-walls hacks.
>>
>>30342333
If that's Anistar then where is the fuckhuge sundial at?
>>
Exploring power plants. Just another feature they took out.
>>
>>30342022
>seeing other entries
>mfw snow in Ruby and Sapphire
>>
>>30340794
Fuck eye candy, I want fun explorable areas.
>>
>>30340765
Don't you go in once to stop team flare from doing their bad things?
Then it closes like that secret base in Ruby
>>
>>30342951
This.
>>
>>30342333
Go look at the Kalos region map art. There is a lake right between Anistar and the League which is exactly that place shown in victory road. Something went missing in XY, and a lot of it was left in.
>>
>>30341341
>Most notable ones are in victory road which shows a town/city with a bay, then a route.
Fuck that made me mad during my first playthrough. It looked like such a chill area to go to.
>>
>>30340899
This.

It's just autist getting their hopes up too much, then whining about it when it's their own fault and no one elses.
>>
God, why was Kalos so blatantly unfinished?

Why didn't we get the third version?
>>
File: 1449203349837.png (272KB, 484x223px) Image search: [Google]
1449203349837.png
272KB, 484x223px
>>30341836
It looks like the train station is connected to it. Maybe it would have been like that one train town in BW with no purpose whatsoever.
>>
>>30344941
All of those unsurfable/ unfishable rivers still trigger me.
>>
>>30342022
>Text for Honey in Gold and Silver
>Honey didn't appear for two more gens
>>
>>30340601
Kids aren't allowed to play in power plants.
>>
It's like GF doesn't like Grass types or something
>>
>>30342349
It's been proven there is literally nothing to the power plants iirc. Not even a hint of something that might've been there. it's truck 2.0
>>
>>30341532
literally the worst
at least GF included a god-tier loli for us this time around
>>
>>30340794
Are you retarded?

When the map was revealed, we obviously expected that if a location was put on the map, it was a place to get excited about experiencing, as this was always the case.

What this effectively does is make us unable to trust or get excited over new region maps when a new generation comes out
>>
>>30340601
>Power Plant
>The hotels
>The Lighthouse

What are some other areas that seemed like you could explore more, but couldn't? I mean I also heard there was a golf course.
>>
>>30340601
second mistake after xyoras
>>
>>30344941

Most of the dev time went to making the Pokemon models.
>>
>>30342349

There's nothing for the plants, no map data whatsoever.
>>
>>30346496
Golf course
Volcano
Half of the electric trial mountain
Most of Paniola Town
Most of Po Town
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.