[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you hate about pokemon the most? For me its the fact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: sudowoodo.jpg (34KB, 276x320px) Image search: [Google]
sudowoodo.jpg
34KB, 276x320px
What do you hate about pokemon the most?
For me its the fact that in every game needless roadblocks are put in the players path.
>>
>>30340292
Limited-time event distro bullshit. Everything in the game should be available in the game.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>30340292
>Needless
>>
File: talonflame birdemic.jpg (112KB, 690x960px) Image search: [Google]
talonflame birdemic.jpg
112KB, 690x960px
>>30340292
Broken as fuck stat distribution.

I get it: common and unevolved mons shouldn't be amazing.

That said, there's maybe 10-15 mons viable competitively and they're all legendary tier and/or have super broken abilities. This makes the game boring as you already know what they're going to play with as anything else gets squished.

Let's say maybe a third of the 700+ pokemon we have right now are fully evolved. I don't feel like doing math on it so just bear with me here. That's 230-ish mons... and only 10 usable. TEN!

Stats should be arranged by rarity with everything of a rarity having the same total stat cap. The exact numbers can vary but the stat cap should remain the same to keep things interesting.

There also shouldn't be such an insane gap between rares and legendaries. The power creep is insane. Stop it Gamefreak.

While we're at it... abilities... yeah... they need rebalancing too. Gale Wings nerf is a start. Now, let's fix the rest. Thanks.
>>
Sneaky pebbles blocks almost any Pokemon quad weak to rock type from being competitively viable, and has done so for a decade now. It has the simplest way around it too. Just cap it a 1/4th damage, don't let it reach 1/2.
>>
>>30341859
Convince me roadbloxks are a good thing
>>
>>30342040
...you weren't there during the reign of Articuno and ho-oh. The rocks are a blessing. Trust your elders here. Having unbridled fire/flying, ice/flying and other insanity like that switching wildly was super annoying. Add in regenerator for even more broken annoyingness.

It was genies on crack.
>>
>>30342091
ho-oh got regenerator almost certainly because of sneaky pebbles, he would've had something else if it was nerfed when he got the ability

articuno is shit
>>
File: natu borb.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
natu borb.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>30342080
They aren't. They're a plot contrivance there to prevent you from having your butt handed to you by pokemon way too big for you that wouldn't listen to you even if you did survive long enough to catch them.

Pokemon is designed around blocks, sadly. It's not a good design but it's the design none the less.
>>
>>30341983
This. So many pokemon are fucked over by 'balanced' stat distribution. Meanwhile shit like the UBs have min/max stats.
>>
>>30340292
how they manage to fuck up online play over and over again.

festival plaza is a massive step backwards from the PSS and getting 6v6 single battles is now an even bigger pain in the ass
>>
>>30342149
>articuno is shit

Now, yes. But back in the really old days (Crystal and earlier) it was a god capable of sweeping a team. Blizzard (which was nastier back in the day), high bulk for a flying type and being at the start of the power creep made it the nastiest of the birds outside of ho-oh. The rock users were generally way slower so it would either kill them or switch out before people could react.

Even today a decent stall Articuno can really cause havok. That said nastier mons now exist but go figure- power creep is a thing.
>>
How they are lazy af now and making few new pokemon and adding a bunch of random ones from other gens. Thats why Kanto,Hoenn and Unova are my favorite regions.
>>
I hate that each gen needlessly removes features one by one, that compiled would make a significantly better game.
>>
>>30342224
What features from which game would you prefer to keep?

Some of the weird permutations of the same things bug me a little.
>>
>>30340292
/vp/

Thankfully my visits to this godawful board are becoming less and less frequent
>>
>>30342365
Amie mini games
>>
>>30342443
Super-training, the pokepuff games, or both?

I really miss supertraining. It was very nice, though having other ways to get something like Pokepuffs is nice.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.