[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUN AND MOON QUESTION THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 22

File: dragons.png (2MB, 5488x4504px) Image search: [Google]
dragons.png
2MB, 5488x4504px
Is it actually possible to breed Wide Guard on Turtonator?
>>
>>30336669
Google is hard
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/egg/776.shtml
>>
File: 4.gif (44KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
4.gif
44KB, 444x444px
Just getting into competitive for the first time this gen... what nature should I soft reset for the ultra beasts? And I mean all of 'em.
>>
>>30338159

Whatever you like, you can edit it later.
>>
What pokemon have to be up on the mountain or whatever to evolve? charjabug and what else?
>>
>>30338159
probably depends on format and set
>>
>>30338189
You can? How exactly? Haven't caught any of them yet so I'm not too sure.
>>
alright, just beat the main game with:

lvl 52 kommo-o
lvl 54 mudsdale
lvl 53 decidueye
lvl 52 araquanid
lvl 53 golisopod
lvl 54 mimikyu

in reserves
lvl 46 crabominable
lvl 47 zygarde 10%
lvl 47 oricolo
lvl 47 salazzle
lvl 47 vikavolt

How fucked am I for postgame? Will I have to do a lot of grinding before I can even begin to compete?
>>
>>30338232
you evolve charjabug in vast poni canyon's caves, just level it up once.

crabrawler needs to be leveled up on mount lanakila to evolve.

can't think of any others
>>
Is the restaurant on the plaza really the best way to get your monsters to level 100? Even the E4 seems to give shit xp once you outlevel them.
>>
>>30338341
Yes. Turn on your EXP Share. My arse is getting shagged by post-game.
>tfw you'll never mock Guzma again
He fucking reamed me.
>>
Sorry to be that guy but

If I make perfect IV tapus and UBs can they pass online?
>>
>>30336669
Not until bank comes out. Turtonator needs a wide guard pokemon from the Mudkip or Turtwig line. Shieldon can also pass it down, but it only gets Wide Guard from those same two families
>>
Do you guys try and synchronize your SOS pokes when shiny hunting? Or just the regular hold back/false swipe pokes for it? Want to shiny hunt and even tho synchronize will help me get the nature i want it will prolly be more annoying to do
>>
File: 2016-11-29 00.26.24.png (276KB, 1084x1086px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-29 00.26.24.png
276KB, 1084x1086px
Stupid question, but does this mean I have to fish a certain Pokémon for certain SOS ones? As in I gotta fish for a Corsola to get a Mareanie or can it appear when I fight a Wishiwashi?
>>
Yes, Mareanie only come out when hunting Corsola.
>>
File: Untitled.png (21KB, 724x275px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
21KB, 724x275px
Similar question with the other anon.
How do these tables work?
If I'm trying to catch a Shelgon, will they only appear the first time a Bagon calls for help, or can I endlessly kill off any Bagons that appear, while leaving one alive?
>>
Where to get another ice stone?
>>
>>30339334
you need corsola
>>
>>30339442
the latter. i'm not 100% on tables but from doing a fair bit of chaining thusfar, you probably won't get a shelgon first SOS.
>>
>>30336669
I don't want to beg, but can someone hack or just give me a cosmog. I've been browsing the GTS for an hour trying to snipe something.

Living dex is Hell.
>>
How long do Hidden Abilities usually take to appear in an SOS chain?

I'm trying to find a Moody Smeargle.
>>
Will "I want your Pokemon hatched from Eggs" help me get at least 3-4 IV first stages? I don't trust GTS compared to legit giveaways here in /vp/. Cause for one, I'm not sure if even though they will trade, the prospect of not coming from /vp/ anon weirds me out. Guess I got dependent on you fuckers.
>>
Where can I find extra lucky eggs? Are chanseys not holding them anymore?
>>
>>30339700
I got mareanie after about 15. But apparently it can take up to 70 or so.
>>
>>30338324
He's fucking with you and talking about save editing
>>
>>30339723
gts is complete anarchy don't rely on it
>>
Anyone want to confirm for me whether it's safe to do the game sync shit for pirates on cfw? Half the online modes are inaccessible.

Yes, I'm a retard
>>
>>30339723
The GTS is a hellhole, don't even bother.
>>
>>30339651
You literally get two in the games.
>>
>>30339822
Did you download the game via FreeShop/CIAngel/FunKeyCIA/etc, or did you get a prepackaged .cia?
>>
>>30339651
Where's the second one? I can only find you get one by going through the portal.
>>
>>30339754
Train up a butterfree for compound eyes and get a Frisk mon.

Go hunt pellipers.
>>
Do you have to beat the elite four again to get tapu koko if you knock it out or run from it? Currently battling it
>>
>>30339859
You literally get one Cosmog in the game, in the alternate dimension. Unless there's some secret way to get yet another Cosmog in the game that just hasn't been talked about much. For faggots who want a living Dex, they need a Cosmog to keep as Cosmog and a Cosmog to evolve into Cosmoem, along with the box legend.
>>
>>30339988
If it's your first time clearing the E4, then no you should be able to head straight back to Ruins of Conflict and it'll be there. Otherwise I think you'll need to beat the E4 again, but the good news is that you won't have to wait through credits or anything the game just puts you right outside the E4 again after the "Congratulations!" Screen.
>>
What's the best nature for Crabrawler? Barring HA
>>
can i get an egg from ditto/ash greninja? lady is saying they don't like playing with eachother
>>
File: EV things.jpg (165KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
EV things.jpg
165KB, 960x720px
Did I do something wrong here?

I was giving Isle Evelup a try to see how it worked. I did 63 sessions of attack and speed each, which according to sources should give me 252 in each EV.

however I only have up to here
>>
>>30340368
you cant afaik
>>
File: IMG_20161129_001219-1.jpg (3MB, 2048x1574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161129_001219-1.jpg
3MB, 2048x1574px
What should I get rid of
Baneful Bunker is cool
>>
>>30340476
I figure Sludgebomb as Toxapex will probably poison anyways so Venoshock will be stronger, though you aren't looking to do damage with its paltry attack stats anyways.
>>
Q:
Can you use gold bottle caps on pokemon that you have bred?

I have a friend that is bitching and insisting that you cant.
>>
>>30340538
Venoshock does a good amount of damage. I'll get rid of Sludgebomb because BB will poison no matter what
>>
>>30336669
>Charizard fags
>ignoring Mega X
>ignoring Salandit: fire breathing, based on komodo dragons (and salamanders)

Nice maymay
>>
Is it just me or are battle styles not updating when I change styles?
>>
File: 20161129_023848.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_023848.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>30339700
I found a damn shiny before I even found hint of a Hidden Ability

Fuck this
>>
can you make a pokemons affection go down? i want my eevee to evolve into espeon but it has too many hearts.
>>
>>30341293
Just don't let it have any fairy type moves and you should be good.
Unless they changed that.
>>
>>30341401
fuck i think they did
i googled it theres no way to make its affection go down. whatever, its not a big deal. time to breed a new one.
>>
>>30339700
a good thing to have is a scrappy pangoro btw

gets false swipe and entrainment, which can be used to check abilities
>>
>Babby-Doll Eyes
>Tearful Look
>Mean Look
Why do these moves use Espurr's eyes?
>>
How can I get Totodile with its hidden ability?
>>
can ash-greninja breed for normal froakie?
>>
Is it true if you have a fainted pokemon in the first spot and a pokemon with Synchronize in the second slot pokemon are more likely to get the nature of the fainted pokemon?
>>
How rare are hidden abilities on Pokemon that get called for help?

I was in the first patch of grass on my way up Lanakila chaining vulpix. I must've chained 50 of them and not one made it start to hail. It will start if they have the ability, right?
>>
>>30340420
isle evelup needs to be at phase 3
>>
>>30340420
how do you even check evs?
>>
What's the fastest way to grind money? Alternatively, is there a cheaper way to get minerals than buying them from the Mount Hallelujahwhatever store? I finished the UB quest already.
>>
File: 1479851203314.png (300KB, 490x687px) Image search: [Google]
1479851203314.png
300KB, 490x687px
Best nature for tapu lele/koko and fini?

I just want to catch these but for lele for example, some say modest others timid

I just don't want to get a surprise and suddenly be unable to use them because I love these guys
>>
Will the Cosmog I got in the alternate dimension evolve into Lunala if I evolve it in the alternate dimension even if I'm playing Sun?
>>
>>30342400

depends on your team makeup. both are good.
>>
>>30342422
No
>>
>>30342436
What would be the safest bet, or most usable one at least?

Any idea on what to use for koko and fini?
Thanks anon
>>
Is pickup a hidden ability? I cant seem to find any Meowths with it.
>>
>>30342514
Timid is usually the safest bet. Lele already hits like a nuke with psy terrain boosted psychic
>>
>>30342514
>>30342555
I did some quick reading and modest lele can 2hko chansey with psyshock
Honestly it does come down to what team you want. Either of them are definitely usable
>>
>>30342380
Press Y on the summary
>>
>>30342312
I just want to know that when a snow warning vulpix shows up it'll start to hail.
I don't see why that wouldn't be the case, but I'm not positive with how SOS works.
For anyone that chained to get a snow warning vulpix, tell me it starts hailing just for my own peace of mind.
>>
what's the fastest way to get a false swipe and odor sleuth or foresight pokemon?
>>
Does it matter if A-Muk is Adamant or Jolly?
>>
What are the extra pages on the passport for?
>>
>>30343217
Achievements like completing the pokedex and getting a 50 battle tree streak
>>
>>30343215
speed is kinda useless on muk, and most of his desired moves use attack over special attack... adamant is probably best, and brave is probably even better
>>
How are abilities passed down through breeding
>>
>>30343215
adamant
might wanna breed curse onto it too
>>
>>30343332
The female has an 80% chance of passing down her ability, so use those.
>>
>>30343332
regular abilities are 80% chance from the female
hidden abilities are 60% from female, can't be passed from male unless with a Ditto
breeding with Ditto is 60%
>>
>>30343340
mk, and how hard it is to get a pokemon with a hidden ability, I know you have to chain them but is there a way to tell if you have one before?
>>
>>30343359
The best way is probably to have something with Entrainment, Simple Beam, or Worry Seed.
Those change the ability, so you can see if it has the HA.
>>
>>30343377
gotcha, thanks
>>
>>30343377
Skill Swap works too
>>
There's only 8 boxes? How can I get more?
>>
>>30343720
put 1 in each box and it willexpand, you can get 32
>>
>>30338159

Nihilego = Timid
Buzzwole = Adamant
Pheremosa = Hasty/Naive
Kartana = Jolly
Celesteela = It can do so freaking much so it depends on the set but I'd reccomend adamant, impish, bold, or relaxed...plan ahead for this one
Xurkitree= Timid
Guzzlord= Brave
>>
>>30343811
Rash is good for Pheremosa. You're still ungodly fast but with full sp.atk investment it gets beast boosts.
You get 4 anyway so whatever
>>
>>30343857
I'm going to be hatching a billion Synchro Abras for a coming Beast hunt. Since I get 4 Pheromosas I'll have 1 Hasty, Naive and Rash. Is there a 4th that would be worth considering?
>>
>>30343923

Could go lonely I guess? All it's good at is mixed attacking sets so pick something that boosts speed/offense and sacrifices defense
>>
>found Dratini while making my way to the battle tree
>no Skill Linker on hand
>will have to make a judgment call on a potential HA reinforcement

I got lucky and found a Regenerator Mareanie without a Skill Linker, I dont think I'll be able to pull this off though. Do they have a better shot at HA after a certain period of time? I know when I was after Vulpix, Snow Warning ones were few and far between
>>
fucknig god damn piece of shit battle tree and battle dome. everyone has full EV pokemon, and the items for efficient EV training are fucking walled behind them

thank fucking god i started throwing 3 ultra beasts at them, that way i win maybe 1 out of 5 times because everyone fucking uses their mega forms and z moves to take my guys out first

FUCK
>>
>>30344077
>first Dratini starting to run low on moves
>it calls a stronger one
>fuck it
>kill the nearly dead one, catch the fresh one
>it actually has Marvel Scale

Am I just lucky or is there a method to my madness?
>>
>>30344188
sos chaining makes the summoned mons stronger every time, with better HA and IV chances, also you get to roll the loot table some more times
>>
>>30344216
So if something stronger than the original pops up, I'm better off going for that? The original was 44 and the one I ended up catching was 50. It also called a lot of lv15ish Dratini and a few Dragonair that were way underlevelled as well
>>
Does destiny knot pass IVs from both of parents? or only the parent holding it?
>>
>>30344342
From both. It chooses at random.
>>
>>30342900
Yes
>>
>>30344243
yes, always

the higher you chain, the better. then you knock out the original caller. alternatively, if you want to keep the chain going even longer, and have ways to detect abilities like this guy said >>30343377 you can knock out the original caller first, then use the called help as the new caller
>>
Is rufflet worth it? I am at route 3
>>
>>30344585
You arent evolving it until you're in the middle of fighting the E4 so probably not unless you really like it
>>
>>30344585

Its' movepool is too crappy.....I mean you can use it but it's a damn shame it barely gets anything to use with sheer force
>>
>>30344585
braviary evolves really late, but it's pretty good

and you can trade it to a moon player for a vullaby, who also evolves late but the mandibuzz is a freaking tank
>>
File: 1479951200845.png (28KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479951200845.png
28KB, 250x250px
I just got in the cave after you beat Hapu on Poni Island. How close am I to the end of the game (Elite 4)? pls avoid spoilers just give me a ballpark like 80% done etc.
>>
>>30344709
Once you finish that cave and the story stuff that comes with it, you're straight up asked if you want a free ride to Victory road.
>>
Is ORAS obsolete now? I'm kinda interested in picking up AS
>>
>>30344585
Eagle is a fun pokemon just evolves late.
>>
>>30344841
For online gen 6 will probably be completely dead by the end of the year. For general collecting and dex completion though ORAS is great since you can get a ton of legendaries, easy hidden abilities etc. Plus move tutor moves.
>>
>>30338960

I just ride Masuda's wild ride for shinies I want to use in battle.
>>
>>30336669
When i'm chaining for shinies does it matter if I kill the original pokemon or the ally?
>>
why is there all the time an exclamasion mark at the pokeplaza?
>>
>>30340420

It only gives 4 evs per session at level 3. Isle o beans is the only one worth using prior to it being level 3.
>>
>>30345024
It doesn't matter for the new Pokemon that will spawn, but you'll want to switch it up every now and then anyway because the False Swipe'd wild Pokemon will eventually run out of PP and kill itself.
>>
What's a good chain number to get something with decent IVs?

Sometimes I just go off if they're starting to show up with HAs but I don't carry skill checkers around if I don't want the HA usually.
>>
>>30345196
i think the cap is 40
>>
Does Sun and Moon have the traditional Spooky area
>>
fuck the battle tree and battle royal

i finally win master level, and i get a whopping 5!!!!!! bp. when i lose i get fucking 3. why dont i just fucking lube my ass for 12 more battle royals and charge bp for it instead of having to sit through every single bout, it would be faster and i could read a book or watch tv or something
>>
>>30345024
>>30345119
Correction: The pokemon left on the field must be the same type you started with. So if corsola calls mareanie you have to kill the mareanie or else the chain breaks and mareanie won't call for help.

>>30345196
30 seems good. I catched both an eevee and ditto slightly above 30 and they both have 4 perfect IVs, which is the maximum apparently.
I know two isn't really a representative number but I'm going with 30 chains until I get something with less than 4 IVs.
>>
>>30345275
Battle Tree is way better for grinding BP, especially after you unlock Super
>>
There's a wild Pokemon at Poke Pelago I don't want. I've told Mohn that, but it won't leave. Then I was told if I didn't interact with it at all, it would disappear. It's still there. How do I get it to leave? I want better Pokemon to show up.

If it helps, I don't have any poke beans in the crate because I figured that would just make it less likely to leave.
>>
>>30345333
unlock super what

i only get 1 bp per level in battle tree, and 3 battles takes longer than 1 battle royal
>>
So, i got my first 6 perfect IV mon. it's an eevee with lax nature.
And I have no idea what to do with it or what build/eeveelution to go for.
Any tips?
>>
What non-shiny non-legendary can I put on GTS to get people's Cosmogs? I want more Cosmogs.
>>
>>30345374
>can't get past a 10 streak
>complains about BP
You win more BP per battle the higher you get

After you win a 20 streak, you'll unlock Super Single, which gives you 2bp per win for 1-10, 3bp for 11-20, etc
>>
One of the Pokemon I got traded has Pokerus, can this do anything bad to my game or pokemon?
>>
>>30345460
Lax is shit, just use it for breeding if you don't have a Ditto
>>
>>30345517
No. Pokerus is fucking fantastic. Google it.
>>
>>30345481
oh ok

now to see if i can unlock super with untrained ultra beasts...
>>
Will out of combat abilities still work while the pokemon in front is fainted? Got a compound eyes 'mon in front, and frisk in second, trying to get a razor claw.
>>
anyone have a slush rush sandshrew they could trade me?
>>
>>30345541
Damn that's pretty cool, it won't be cured if I keep it in the daycare centre right?
>>
>>30345517
Yes, it can. give it to me i dispose of it.

Seriously though, it doubles the EV a pokemon gets after battle, so it speeds up EV training a lot.
It can spread to other pokemon while in your party. It gets healed after a few days but the EV effect stays, it just isn't contagious anymore.
If it's in your box it won't cure, it's like it's frozen.

so always keep one with active pokerus in your bank and only take it out to spread it around.

>>30345538
Shit, figured. Well I have a lot of rejects so maybe i can get the nature of one of those.
>all of them are male
>every Eevee i have is male
Fuck this gender ratio. I just keep breeding it with my 4 IV ditto.
What's a nature i should go for?
>>
What's a good nature for my Mimikyu?
>>
>>30345599
does it spread in battles, or just by walking around?

would the idea be to spread it among 4 pokemon you want trained and 1 shitmon to incubate it, and keep a few of those handy to spread in case the first one cures itself?
>>
>>30345614
jolly or adamant

mimikyu is a moderately faster physical mon, so you either want to hit harder or hit faster, and sacrifice special attack to do so
>>
>>30345633
It spreads after a battle. so just kill a rattata or something and see if it spread to someone else in your party.

Yes, that's pretty much what i did. have something useless like rattata with active pokerus in the box and only take it out to spread it to stuff i wanna trade.
But probably better to keep a few with active pokerus in the Box, jsut in case you fuck up.
>>
So i've got a 6IV Ditto now with Destiny Knot. That should give my pokemon perfect IVs right? Wanting to get started competitive battling soon
>>
>>30345683
> spread it to stuff i wanna trade.
sutff i wanna train. I need more coffee.

>>30345702
It will net you a 5IV mon pretty fast. the last IV comes down to luck and chance.
>>
>>30345723
Ahh ok that makes sense, so I just gotta keep breeding till I get lucky for my 6th IV?
>>
>>30345737
That's right. It's not that bad though, eg. if the pokémon you're training is a physical attacker you won't need perfect special attack, if it's a special attacker you won't need perfect attack. You only truly need 6IV perfect pokémon if you have a mixed attacker.
>>
>>30345737
no. generally all pokemon have a dump stat. it's usually either attack or special attack, based on which one you're aiming for. you only want 6iv if it's going to be a dual attacker and also has good speed
>>
>>30345549
>>
I'm hoping there are some hackers that can answer these questions by now:

Can regular forms pass down Hidden Abilities to Alola form offspring? Example: If a Sand Veil Geodude bred with a Ditto without an everstone, could the resulting Geodude have Galvanize?

Additionally, Do all Pikachu/Cubone/Exeggcute evolve into Alolan variants, or if I breed a normal Marowak with an everstone, will the resulting Cubone evolve into a normal Marowak?
>>
>>30345549
what does compound eyes and frisk do?
>>
So the hotspring island on the pelago can hatch eggs, right?

how long does it take for a, lets say, starter-egg?
it seems kinda pointless since i can hatch them way faster by just taurossig around.

Also, its damn amazing that you can gather eggs while your party is full.
finally something amazing they made.
>>
Is there somewhere in-game I can get a "Pokemon seen" dex entry for the Cover legendary/Ultra Beasts I don't get in my version?
>>
let's say I'm EV training

2 pokemon in party, A (fully EV trained) and B

A fights while B holds power item with Pokerus

exp share is on

will B get all the bonus shit?
>>
>>30336669
Umm I breeded my 6IV Ditto (holding destiny knot) with my Mimikyu, and the bred pokemon only got 2 perfect IVs.

Anybody know why?
>>
>>30345870
Out of combat, Compound eyes will increase the chances of the wild pokemon carrying an item. In combat, frisk will just tell you what item the other pokemon is holding.
>>
>>30346293
it takes them from both parents, so your mimikyu's shit IVs are fucking with the rolls

just keep trying, once you get a 4 IV mimikyu, swap it out with the breeding mimikyu for better roll chances
>>
>>30346340
Ahhh ok thanks
>>
>>30346293
It still chooses at random from which it takes the value.
Destiny knot doesn't guarantee that the one holding it will pass down 5 values. It guarantees that it will pass down 5 values from both parents together.
It's still luck if each coin flip ends in your favor( 5 coin flips, so 1 in 32. Unless the mimikyu already has some perfect IVs)
>>
>>30346377
Makes sense cheers
>>
>>30345868
Yes. I tested it with some rattatas. Bred two Hustle Kanto Rattatas and got a Thick Fat Alolan Rattata

And all pokemon whose first stage is not an alolan form will always evolve into their Alolan form. It's currently unknown how to get a Kanto Exeggutor, Raichu, or Marowak in Alola other than transferring a fully evolved one from an older game.
>>
File: file.png (243KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
243KB, 1024x1024px
What's a good moveset for Alola Exeggutor?
>>
>>30342244
Nope. It's unbreedable

>>30342220
Wait for Bank update. Island scan mons don't call for help.
>>
>>30346476
You're pretty much always gonna want Flamethrower, so either a mixed Life Orb set with double Hammers or a Specs/Harvest Sitrus Berry set with Draco Meteor+Giga Drain/Leaf Storm.
>>
I want to breed a shiny bruxish with strong jaw, and despite both parents having that ability I still am getting dazzling half the time. Is here any way to breed and get only strong jaw?
>>
>>30346034

Yes
>>
How on earth do I found Necrozma?
UB quest is all done, I'm in the grass at ten carat hill, only the shitmons are popping up
>>
>>30346034
yes, that's how you ev train an entire team (or just one at a time, because farming bp is shit)
>>
>>30346629
put level 70 pokemon in lead
use repel
now only necrozma can show up
>>
>>30346629
Should pop up eventually. Took me a while, too.
You could also use a repel.

Also, just to make sure, have you finished the questline by talking with them in the aether paradise?
>>
>>30346646
Thaaaaaaaank you
>>
whats the best way to chain dittos?
>>
Is there more than one Love Ball?
>>
>>30346859
Smeargle.
Substitute
False swipe
recycle
something hard hitting

They can't transform into you when substitute is up. So you don't have to worry about your HP only pp. and that's covered with recycle and a leppa berry.
>>
do single-use items like power herbs or focus sashes recharge after battles? and if not single player, for online battles / battle tree / battle royal?
>>
where can i catch a pyukumon? the sea urchin thing
>>
>>30346870
Nope. Other than trading and breeding.
>>
>>30346927
Online battle yeah, single player no

>>30346929
In the water at hano beach or route 7
>>
>>30345549
This please.
>>
I'm sure this has been answered a thousand times but I didn't see any answers. If you're SOS chaining, does the chain break if they fail to summon help?
>>
>>30347035
no.
>>
>>30347035
no, just wait for them to do it again
>>
Where do I purchase more lure, moon, heavy balls and etc?
>>
File: IMG_20161130_015140820.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161130_015140820.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
Chained between 600 to 800 staryu over the course of today and tonight. End result is this. Ability is illuminate. I pushed to the very end for a shiny and coz I was curious about the final result. Disappointing that it's not the hidden ability. Oh well, just wanted to let you anons know.
>>
>>30347049
nowhere. the one given to you by oak are the only ones. one per apricot ball
>>
>>30347049
good one
>>
>>30346969
fishing or surfing?
>>
>>30347119
surfing
>>
>>30347067
Great job! At least you can ability capsule over to natural cure which can still be super handy.
>>
god fuck how am i supposed to chain Pyukumuku? stupid finalhit ability...
>>
>>30347208
You should have false swipe on a chaining mon anyway.

>False swipe
>Calls for help
>Kill original
>Swipe newbie

You lose 1HP each time
>>
On a scale of one to ten, how autistic is it to put my breeding Ditto in a spare slot at Isle Avue while I'm at work because I feel bad for making it fuck nonstop?
>>
>>30347256
is that effektive? you lose every second round after all
>>
>>30347542
Then your other option is to just kill them and cop the HP drop. I'm not sure what you want.

You could always breed.
>>
>>30347542
Your other options would be to just heal every so often or constantly use Worry Seed etc, the latter being worse than alternating false swipes
>>
Are pokemon legal from island scanner? I just got a Honedge whom i was actually looking for and wanna know if it's worth training him right now or not.
>>
How do I get the special snorlaxium z?
>>
>>30347691
yes

>>30347701
mystery gift
>>
Is there anyway to see if you have an EV maxed?
>>
>>30347741
The name of the stat will be sparkling.
>>
>>30345078
>tfw im having more fun grinding beans than when i was doing super training
i hated most of the super training minigames which were literally hell because im a lefty
who /lefty/ here
>>
I just beat Gladion after getting the legendary. To what level should I grind everything before the Elite 4?
>>
File: SayWhat.png (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SayWhat.png
132KB, 500x500px
>>30347928
grinding beans?

HOW?
>>
>>30347949
Go in dry.
>>
>>30347949
55-60>>30340447
>>
>>30347593
>>30347583
i think im just using my false swipe absol and give it leftovers.
it´ll fit next time
>>
>>30347928
I'm lefty but I kinda prefer Super Training to chains.
>>
>>30346415
does this mean I can get a chlorophyll A-Exeggutor??
>>
How long does it take for time events to start working again after changing the system clock? It's been more than 24 hours for me.
>>
>>30348161
No. A-Exeggutor's normal ability is Frisk and its hidden ability is Harvest
>>
>>30339442
You can keep killing them

Also high chance you'll get a shiny bagon before you get that shellgon. That Salamence appearance rate is so bad I got two shinies before getting that damn Salamence
>>
So was Trevor the one who invented rotomDex? Did it say something in the game that it was a young fellow from Kalos? Or did it mean like Sycamore and I just thought it was about Trevor since he was into filling the dex in xy.
>>
I keep hearing Mimikyu's good for Battle Tree so I got one

for the other two pokemon though, I've only thought of Porygon-Z

Mimikyu/Porygon-Z/? Should I get a wall or something? never played any battle ______ from previous games
>>
>>30348412
Toxapex is pretty good at screwing over BT trainers
>>
File: 1480288127204.jpg (153KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1480288127204.jpg
153KB, 800x1199px
I just got a Ditto from GTS that was made using pokehax. Will my save file be okay because my friend told me about this.
>>
>>30348272
What area is that in?
>>
>>30348473
Yes, anything that goes through the GTS is legal
>>
>>30348473
injected pokemon rarely do things to saves.
>>
So, I finally got my hands on one ditto with perfect ivs and evs. Now that I have it can I start breeding it with anything? What I mean is do you only need one ditto to breed your perfect pokemon or do people use more than one ditto?
>>
>>30348621
depends on the nature you want.

i always breed for the nature of the mon first, then give it an everstone and then breed it with ditto.

then you check the iv´s of the babys and put the higher iv-ed into the daycare until you got ditto and a 5IV in it.

then you breed until either pentaperfect mon appears or you got a 6iv.

could take longer if you want a specific gender/ability
>>
>>30348621
As far as IVs go, you're set
>>
>>30348621
You can only use one if you want that'll be fine. You'll just have to breed the pokemon you want with the correct nature first before you start trying to pass any IVs along.
>>
>>30345549
Does anyone have any sort of update on this?
>>
>>30348764
Synchronize works if they're fainted so it should be the same for other abilities
>>
>>30348724
>>30348728
>>30348739
Got it, thanks!
>>
>>30345274
Thrifty Megamart but it is small. You do a fatal frame minigame.
>>
>Battle Tree multi battles
Wow. I expected much worse. Fighting with AI in party is pretty comfy because he has max IV/EV and mlg pro setups
>>
Is this lucha son of a bitch in Sun anywhere? I need him to round out my wrestling team.
>>
File: hawlucha.png (17KB, 298x257px) Image search: [Google]
hawlucha.png
17KB, 298x257px
>>30348949
Forgot the damn picture.
>>
Where is Akala motel?
>>
>>30348949
nope. nowhere.
>>
>>30336669
tell me about turtonator

is his signature move worthless because nobody would actually try to attack it physically?
>>
>>30349043
Well Drats. I guess that's why I couldn't find the answer on Google. Guess I'll wait to import him.
>>
When do I can get my hands on some store-bought adrenaline orbs?
I want to SOS chain some eevees for a shiny before I continue the main story.
>>
>>30349160
later on. i remember somewhere arond the electric trial thing on the mountain.
>>
File: 20161129_094519.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_094519.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Going into elite 4 now
>>
>>30349200
you need to train more. they´ll wreck you.
>>
>>30349189
Ok then, thanks man.
>>
>>30349160
Pokemarts sell them once you get beat the fire trial
>>
>>30349220
fuck
I'm already in
>>
>>30349239
Thanks!
>>
>>30340631
yes, at level 100 like every other pokemon.
>>
where's the best place to gain levels post game? poni?
>>
>>30349325
>poni

>>>/mlp/
>>
Choosing between dhelmise and lurantis as my grasstype for my team.
Wich one is superior?
>>
>>30349409
lurantis
>>
Definitive best way to level up pokemon? Its tough to do much past 80 at E4
>>
does anybody here have a leftover Multiscale dratini or simply a brave honedge? i can get the IVs myself
>>
>>30349542
Going off this, how do you get hidden abilities in Sun/moon? Chaining is fine and well but when do you know that you've found a HA Poke?

Having a pokemon in your party with trace maybe? That seems annoying
>>
>>30349623
Unless it's something obvious.
For example moody smeargle you see at the end of a turn if it has it.
Snow warning vulpix apparently also activates when it enters and it doesn't hail already.

For other stuff you need trace.
Or something that swaps or changes ability like simple beam, skill swap or entrainment.
>>
>Battle Royal
>6/10 battles all three opponents hits only me
Why is this allowed
>>
I'm trying to catch Nihilego with 5 perfect IVs, but it's being a little bitch right now.

Which other UBs should I try for perfect IVs on? I'm on Sun.
>>
>>30349843
I didn't consider simple beam. That's pretty clever
>>
>>30340141
along with BOTH box legends.

FTFY
>>
Can you get Ash-greninja into multiple different compies of Sun/Moon from the same demo?

And if so, can you get Ash-Greninja into the same copy of Sun or Moon if you restart your game?
>>
File: 1479705273529.png (89KB, 353x332px) Image search: [Google]
1479705273529.png
89KB, 353x332px
>>30336669
is there any dhelmise merch available to murrikans? or mimikyu?
>>
>>30350026
>ash greninja
What?
>>
>>30349959
None, get a good nature for all of them just in case and hyper-train the ones you'll actually use.
>>
File: ashgreninja.png (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ashgreninja.png
119KB, 500x500px
>>30350263
where have you been, anon
>>
>>30350473
I guess I missed something.
>>
>>30349200 here

What should I lead with for the champion?
>>
Questions about breeding, just to see if I understand everything well from what I have been reading on the internet.

-to activate the guy who tells me the ivs of pokemon in my team, I first have to hatch 20 eggs, right?

-the pokemon who are called for help by other pokemon get better ivs, and the more are called in a single battle, the higher chance of them having perfect ivs, right?

-everstone to pass down nature, and destiny knot to pass down 5 ivs

-if I want to teach egg moves, I will get a level 1 pokemon without the egg move, have to go to the moves relearner to learn it
>>
>>30345340
Triggered by a pokemon.
>>
>>30350026
I got Ash-greninja in my cartridge Sun and my downloaded moon version, and the guy still ask me if I want to transfer it so it should be safe to restart your game.
>>
Hi all,

Just started playing Moon, got a few things I need to clear up before I continue.

I have seen the new versions of Rattata/Meowth so far but does this mean you won't see the original versions?

Does the game run off the local time for night and day or is it just making it up as you play?

I heard the protein items have new names now, but how many can each pokemon still eat of them?

What size is the pokedex pre-elite four?

I have yet to hear the term gym this time round and instead "trials" but each trial seems to be in segments then you only seem to fight 4 "Kahunas" is there less "gyms" to fight now? How does the restrictions for fly, surf, traded pokemon work now?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.
>>
>>30349200

I played with exp share off, was like 48-47 for all pokemon, and had to use a lot of max revives in the last battle.
also, my last pokemon was an alolan vulpix-nintails captured minutes before elite 4.
>>
>>30350810
http://www.serebii.net/
>>
>>30350816
That ghost leader is rough
>>
>>30350826
>question thread to help people
>just points at a site with no explanation of where to look

Nice one anon.
>>
>>30350810
yes you won't
off ds time
?
same as post
just play the fucking game faggot
>>
Any good ways to sketch moves to Smeargle? Like repeatable low level dual battles or something like that.
>>
>>30350767
-Yes
-Yes
-Yes, but the destiny knot also selects IVs from both parents to pass down, not just the one holding it.
-Egg moves will be on the pokemon when it hatches. If you delete them, they can be relearned at any time with the relearner
>>
>>30350692
Ash-greninja is a new form Greninja has. It was first in the XY seasons of the anime, but you can get Ash-greninja in Sun and Moon if you got the demo version.
>>
>>30344948
I doubt it will be dead completely, I'm sure plenty of people will play ORAS for breeding ease and EV training pre gen-7 mons
>>
>>30350871
Stop being such a faggot and just look for your answers. It's not hard to google something, the information is out there.
>>
>>30350802
I guess that doesn't prove its safe to restart a game, but thanks for letting me know you can get it in multiple cartridges. I was thinking of getting one into my cousin's Sun version, but I wasn't sure if that was possible since I already got it in Moon.
>>
Best place to train a level 42 Araquanid?
>>
>>30350810
The gym structure is different, but technically you fight more "boss battles" than you did gyms

HMs are similar, you just don't need to have them on Pokemon anymore
>>
So does anyone know what the Sun/Moon protagonists actual names are?
>>
>>30350922

if I want to breed an alolan persian with parting shot, I need the pancham-pangoro to know that move, right?
>>
>>30351014
Correct
>>
how does /vp/ pick movesets? Normie here who usually ends up just having one pokemon that streamrolls the game and I wanna have a larger lineup with pokemon I actually enjoy but I'm trying to put together decent attack lists for them.
>>
is there a good place to explain the new breeding mechanics?
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE MACHO BRACE
>>
>>30351212
Randy Savage's grave.
>>
I've been breeding an inner focus timid abra with a ditto for an hour.

Not a single synchro.

60% my ass. Wonder Trade will fear my wrath.
>>
>>30350893
Make a wild Smeargle sketch something.
Make your trained Smeargle sketch that wild Smeargle's move.

Simple right? Remember that Smeargle relearns Sketch every 10 levels.
>>
>>30351252
Females have a very high chance of passing on their ability, so you'd need to take one of the males and breed until you get a Synchro one, then breed the male until you get a female with Synchro so you get all Synchro Abras.
>>
File: FullSizeRender copy.jpg (150KB, 499x666px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender copy.jpg
150KB, 499x666px
>>30351087
i try and pick cheesy shit + a coverage move.
my ace right now is a shiny poliwrath and he has belly drum, mind reader, dynamic punch, and toxic jab. that only works against some guys.
but going through the main game pretty much anything works. just pick a stab move, some coverage, and then whatever you want.
i tend to like bulky guys, so for example i have a fluffy bewear that has leftovers, and he knows hammer arm, thunder punch, payback, and bulk up. he can set up on anyone who can't kill him with special, and he has thunder punch to kill birds and payback to kill psychic types or ghosts that he can't hammer arm.
if you're talking about competitive stuff, go to smogon and read up on what they say, make some teams on pokemon showdown, try out whatever, and make your own changes. people hate on smogon but its a pretty good competitive primer, even if their format is wonky. and they have VGC analysis thats pretty alright.
idk if you have more specific questions but for the main game you have a lot of leeway to mess around.
>>
>>30351193
The mechanics new to Sun/Moon? Because all that they added was:

-Genderless/Males pass down pokeball with ditto
-Males can pass down pokeball when bred with female of same species
-Kanto foms are passed down via everstone
>>
>>30351272
>Remember that Smeargle relearns Sketch every 10 levels.
You can also go to the move relearner and shove heart scales in her face. Not like they are hard to come by this time.
>>
>>30347067
I did the same shit last night, 7.5 hours of trying and I had to stop when I expended the only 63 leppa berries I had.

You arguably don't want a hidden ability Staryu though because Analytic is wasted on a fast sweeper. Natural Cure would be better.
>>
>>30350924
Thanks for the explanation. I had the demo but never bothered cracking it upen
>>
>>30351272
Thanks.
>>
After doing an Island Search and going to the specific area, can the pokemon you're looking for be basically anywhere or are they in specific bushes or some shit?
>>
>>30351288
I'm doing timid male without synchro with ditto.

So you're telling me if i make the fella mate with a female with synchro, I'm get a timid synchro easier?

Whelp thanks for the tip
>>
>>30351344
I forget where the move relearner is in SM, I'm not that far in myself.
>>
>>30351305
Just in general. I did some IV breeding one time and (accidentally) some shiny breeding, but I don't know anything about passing down natures
>>
>>30342307
No m8.
Sync mon in first position, fainted or not.
>>
>>30351374
Then it might take you a while to get there. She's in the pokemon center right before the E4
>>
>>30351355
im now doing sea cucumbers for the last 5 hours. 504 right now.

im dying.
either counter fucks me up or the finalhit ability.
>>
I'm going after SKEETER right now, and I can't encounter it. I'm in Melemele meadow, repel up with a level 50 pokemon at the front, and I can't encounter either Buzzwole. If I run around without repel, I get shitmons like Oricorico and Metapod. What's the deal? I thought Repel would only block lower level pokemon, not higher.
>>
>>30338341
Whatever you do, do not go straight to Route 8. You will probably get stomped.
>Go the entire game without blacking out once (Cutting it close though)
>Barely lose the very first fight in the postgame
Train up a bit at the restaurant in Hau'oli or something.
>>
>>30351302

Yeah I'm not much into competitive for me its more abou tjust having a team that im not struggling with but also is full of my favorites. So far in ORAS I'm running Banette, Muk, Tentacruel, Electrode, Camerupt but I'm trying to round out their movesets so I don't have trouble later on but its usually just "high powered type move that matches their type" and then like protect/evasion
>>
>>30351355
Analytic is used to punish switch-ins against starmie, since switching counts as the opponent moving first.
>>
I'm doing some SOS chaining right now and just wanted to know.
How many summons should I expect to do for the shit with good IVs to start appearing?
I spent 7.5 hours trying for a shiny Staryu and don't want to dive off that deep end again so soon, I just want a Starmie bro for the main game.
>>
>>30351374
Literally right before the E4.

On the plus side, she also teaches moves that the Pokemon would learn at higher levels.
>>
>>30351436
around 40-50 it starts
>>
>>30345953
Yeah. And you dont have to dump anything off at the computer to get more eggs.
>>
>>30351431
Oh really? So it's like a free Pursuit, I didn't know that sweet.
>>
what's the fastest way to get the highest rank bouncy houses?
>>
>>30351450
I'm willing to do that then, thanks.
>>
>>30351479
Farm FC coins, hope you get lucky when you rank up but otherwise be prepared to find someone with that 5-star bounce house and pay 1500 FC to get it installed.
>>
>>30351540
fucking hell
>>
>throw out pokemon
>Torracat is remembering the first time it met you
It always says these weird ominous phrases like 'X isn't sure about its ability to fight...' or some shit. What does it mean and why does it happen?
>>
>>30351622
You raised affection. It's purely cosmetic.
>>
>>30351574
If you go online in Festival Plaza, there's a constant stream of Type Matchup Missions you can participate in (since it's the only mission worth fucking doing)

You can expect to average 30 FC per mission cleared and they only take 2-3 minutes to do. You might have to keep at it for maybe three hours.
>>
>>30351693
alright, thanks for the tips
>>
>>30336669
Does SM not have Streetpass? I've gotten tons of ORAS Streetpasses and some for more obscure games, but not a single SM Streetpass. Is Spotpass really the only way to easily fill up the Festival Plaza?
>>
When does one get eviolite
>>
>>30351777
You get it at the pikachu farm, fairly early.
>>
Can Nercozma be used in Special Battles in online? I can't use him but I can use the Legendaries.
>>
>>30351777
Shortly before the second grand trial, it's available right next to the Pikachu volt tackle tutor who gives you the Pikanium Z.
>>
File: 1480387449502.jpg (125KB, 600x966px) Image search: [Google]
1480387449502.jpg
125KB, 600x966px
>>30351424
yeah i feel it. i get bored with that too. i would try adding some high risk moves like belly drum, moves that have low accuracy, recovery + set up, stuff like that. i tried out rain dance + thunder + rest on a hydration goodra but it wasn't all that cool. but you can look for weird interactions like that (rest puts you to sleep, hydration wakes you up while its raining).
>>
>>30350810
There are NPCs occasionally with Kantonian Pokémon (that's what they're called in-game), and if you've caught the Alolan forme and seen the regular forme it lets you view the Dex entry and such for the Kantonian forme. You cannot catch them anywhere in the game, though.
>>
Is there any point in upgrading isle avue? I'm assuming the autismbox is quicker. What about evelup?
>>
File: 1474519657001.gif (167KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
1474519657001.gif
167KB, 160x144px
can anyone help me with an endgame checklist for competitive pokemon batteling.

1. 4 IV Ditto
2. Everstone
3. Destiny Knot
4. Flame Body pokemon
5. All popular nature synchronize Abra's
6. ???
7. ????

also what is the fastest way to grind to level 100?
>>
>>30352288
Collection of 6 IV males that cover all the egg types for breeding.
>>
>>30339334
>>30339442
What website is this?
>>
>>30352288
Power items for EV training
>>
>>30352374
looks like serebii.net
>>
>>30352384
just a macho brace is fine right?
>>
>>30352451
Not right.
>>
>>30352451
Not really. Power items are a lot faster, especially this gen
>>
>>30346595
No, it's only 60% chance with a female with HA.
Or that 60% with a male and a Ditto.
As far as I know the probability remains the same for a male and female with HA
>>
>>30352374
bulbapedia in night mode
>>
I just became champ, and people say i should train before postgame. What's the best way to level post leauge?
>>
Anything with fighting moves in the trainers school or route 1? I´m starting to hate the first Ilima fight. In Moon I managed it with Rowlet and in SUn I get steamrolled everytime with Litten and Pichu.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.