[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people really like and understand the game story? I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon sm.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon sm.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
Do people really like and understand the game story?

I really like the game, felt like it was comfy as fuck. Will start the post-game today.

But there are things that I felt that weren't explained very well, like
>Lusamine's motivation
>Guzma's motivation
>the relation between a Tapu and a Kahuna
>the reason why Tapu Koko let you capture him
>what happened after the UBs come out the wormholes

The whole adventure seemed like the MC was just going with the flow and got caught up in that mess and the real story was about Lillie, not you. And besides her, the only character that has real motivation and development is Kukui.
>>
>>30336475
ubs are pretty
guzma wants to prove he's strong
tapus pick the most sexual person on the island to be the kahuna. hapu got it by default for being the only trainer who lives on her island proper
because he selected you for fighting
the UB episode

in that order
>>
Lusamine's motivation is explained better in the post-game than it is in the main game. Her husband (Mohn) was the lead researcher/discoverer of UB portals, then he got sucked in a wormhole and got lost so Lusamine became obsessed with the portals because she was desperate to find her husband. I presume eventually she gave up and just went insane from being exposed to Nihilego poison amping up her obsessions.
>>
>Lusamine's motivation
The UB hunting quest (with its explanation on UB-01) as well as talking to Gladion in Aether Paradise clear this one up pretty well.

>Guzma's motivation
You can find him at his parents' in the postgame - they're the house in Route 2. Seems he had strict/abusive parents and ran away when he was young. Other than that, he's just a guy with some anger issues and a want to be strong that ends up getting wiped by better trainers.

>the relation between a Tapu and a Kahuna
The Tapus are shitheads. They just pop up in front of whoever they want, pick them as Kahunas, and give them Z-rings.

>the reason why Tapu Koko let you capture him
Same reason it gave you the Z-ring near the start. As to what that is, your guess is as good as mine.

>what happened after the UBs come out the wormholes
There's a whole postgame quest dealing exactly with this, so don't worry.
>>
>>30336801
GF put together some cool elements this time, but fucked up somewhere in the mix. By the trailers, I thought we were getting a much more intricate story.
>>
How long is the post-game guys?
>>
>>30336968
The main problem is the third version/sequel hooks they left hanging for the sake of Stars. Even the mythology of Alola feels incomplete due to Necrozma being totally unaddressed. Or the reason why Mohn had Cosmog when it had been given to the royalty.
>>
Sounds like translation shenanigans again
all of this was clear in the Japanese script and I'm far from a native speaker
>>
It's all pretty clear, but it's also all very anti-climatic and not that exciting, so I wasn't wowed by it.
>>
>>30340502
It's all extremely clear in the English script too, people are just retarded.
>>
File: 1475549729718.png (87KB, 275x266px) Image search: [Google]
1475549729718.png
87KB, 275x266px
Why did Lillie have to leave?
>>
>>30336475
Most of this is explained in the postgame and the Tapu and Kahuna thing is explained in the story
>>
>Lusamine's motivation

Jellyfish took advantage of Lusamine's explosive emotions about her Husband leaving and took control of her

>Guzma's motivations

He's had a shitty childhood and buttmad he couldn't be a Trial Captain so he has his group of shitheads and wants to be like a family

>tapu and Kahuna's

Tapu's are guardians of an Island, Kahuna's are the best person of respect for the Island, both sides share their love of the Island and wanting to keep it safe

>The reason Tapu Koko let you capture him

This goes for every legendary in general

>What happened after the UB's come out the wormhole

That isn't even a question
>>
>>30340572

That's arguable

The only thing Anticlimactic was you had a normal Pokémon battle instead of fighting Jellyfish Lusamine
>>
>>30340814
>no real rush to go after Lusamine and Guzma
>all the Kahuna VS UB stuff happens off screen with only a teaser of Hala's fight, don't get to hear about the aftermath except Hapu
>no buildup for Aether being antagonists and their relevance ends completely not long after the reveal

pretty anti-climatic
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.