[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the ideal set for "our guy"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Bug Guy.png (248KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bug Guy.png
248KB, 600x600px
What's the ideal set for "our guy"?
>>
>>30334184
>"our guy"
Don't you mean our "guy"?
>>
>>30334184
the mosquito man is a big guy
>>
Adamant
Assault Vest
Leech Life
Hammer Arm/Superpower
Poison Jab
Ice Punch/Earthquake
>>
>>30334184
#NOTMYGUY
>>
>>30334276
Yeah, a big "guy"
>>
>>30334319
For you
>>
File: muscular-women-competition.jpg (82KB, 500x658px) Image search: [Google]
muscular-women-competition.jpg
82KB, 500x658px
>>30334184
>guy
Developed muscles don't make Buzzwole a male, this is a social construct.
>>
>>30334329
Not me. I'm not delusional. I know my biology.
>>
>>30334277
You need Earthquake. It's super effective on Toxapex, Alolan Marowak, and Aegislash, which otherwise just wreck you.
>>
Anyone having any luck using this thing in VGC?
>>
>>30334184
Does it get anything that boosts speed?
>>
>>30334184
SubPunchTPunchLunge/LeechLife
>>
>>30334634
>surely, I can utilize my knowledge of mosquito biology to understand extradimensional alien monsters
>>
>>30334869
And what knowledge are you using to call it a guy? Hmmm?
>>
>>30334774
I'm trying it out right now with a Tailwind team in Showdown.

I'm not very good at VGC, but Buzzwole seems aight and has won me plenty of games. The biggest issue is how many things resist its coverage. Fighting and Bug both get resisted by Fairy and Ghost and Flying. Earthquake solves the Alolan Marowak and Tapu Koko problem, but then you need an option for birdies.
>>
>>30334954
Not even any of those guys who called it a guy, just pointing that your biology knowledge means jackshit when it comes to aliens.
>>
>>30334825
No.

It really benefits from speed control support (Thunder Wave, Tail Wind, maybe Trick Room against Pokemon that aren't super slow). Or alternatively, from taking advantage of its bulk to do a substitute set.
>>
>>30335062
>your biology knowledge means jackshit when it comes to aliens
Actually it can be quite useful when it comes to hypothesi. As you can see, Buzzwole is absolutely bursting with sucked blood (giving it the illusion of muscles). There's no reason any animal, especially a mobile flying one like Buzzwole would want to eat so much, unless of course it was eating for two (or more). Therefore, not only is Buzzwole likely female, but also pregnant.
>>
>>30335254
Unless that isn't blood, and it is a mass of alien tissue related to insane gains at the gym and a diet consisting entirely of beans and Malasadas.
>>
>>30335299
That's possible I guess, but it is improbable for it to have red liquid muscle tissue like that.
>>
>>30334184
Deciding between careful/assvest and jolly/choicescarf/salac berry for my second buzzwole. Went with adamant on the first

worried that either choice will end up worse than my expectations, but I know for a fact that jolly + 50% speed boost would let it outspeed anything with a + speed nature and 130 base speed.

is the sp. def investment worth it?
>>
>>30335345
Remember, it's an alien.

An alien clearly inspired by blood-sucking mosquitoes, but an alien nonetheless.

And since it has no gender given (Like most legendaries), it's basically whatever gender the player wants it to be.
>>
>>30334631
That chick is on anabolic steroids. Anabolic steroids are literally male hormones.
>>
Is Fell Stinger a viable option? Sure, you lose HP recovery that Leech Life has, but you would get a +4 Attack boost on kill, and with 75 base power after STAB and an already high Attack stat, it shouldn't be unrealistic to kill things with it, right? Has anyone tried this?
>>
>>30334184
Release/Release/Release/Release
Item: Release
>>
>>30335770
Maybe after tutors. If it gets Drain Punch it might be worth it. As it stands Gains Mosquito really, really needs that recovery.
>>
>>30335770
The problem with Fell Stinger is that it's a BIG drop in power from Leech Life and Lunge. Going from 120 after STAB to 75 after STAB is significant, and both Leech Life and Lunge offer great utility that's more reliable. Plus, you're already increasing your Attack after every kill.
>>
>>30335699
Me too!
>>
Honestly, I've just been running a simple SubPunch set with good success
Adamant, 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Def
Focus Punch
Leech Life
Substitute
Bulk Up
Leftovers/Fightnium Z

Ideally, you try and switch into a physical attack he can easily tank, or pivot to him, I like to use Parting Shot A-Persian for this, as the debuff will often force switches. Depending on how you get in, you can either throw a sub up, bulk-up to take the incoming move, or throw a punch on the switch. Leftovers is the ideal option for survival, however, I've had good use from Fightnium-Z, as you can use it with Bulk Up for an immediate +2 Attack, or for All-out Pummeling if you want to nuke something.
However, I don't know if it's a glitch on showdown, or if this is how it works in-game, using All-out Pummeling with Focus Punch, for some reason, still makes you tighten your focus and become susceptible to flinching.
>>
>>30334184
The (red) Tick
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.