[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon would be better without EVs and IVs Prove me wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 14

File: shroomish.png (132KB, 329x305px) Image search: [Google]
shroomish.png
132KB, 329x305px
Pokemon would be better without EVs and IVs

Prove me wrong
>>
But then what would make each one a special snowflake?
>>
>>30319308
Have fun with LC level speed creeps
>>
EVs could stay (so you can still have surprising/original sets) but yeah IVs are dumb as fuck since everything is pentaperfect now (and doesn't even affect on HP).
>>
>>30319308
IVs should have been gone 2 generations ago.

EVs should stay. They have a huge impact on pokemon. The method they're gotten/distributed by should probably change though. Maybe a pc feature that assigns them instead of automatically being put into spd/def/etc
>>
IVs should be shitcanned already.

EVs should be something you assign on each level up (to make things faster, you could set a 'mon to just auto-assign all EVs to whatever stat until it's full, then switch to the next one). The current system in which you gain some arbitrary stat for defeating each species (which is the same whether it's a hard fight or you're just plinking dozens of level 2s) and have to look up that information because it's hidden from you, is just cancerous.
>>
Also you should be able to set your mons' natures the same way you set your character's name.

>What's your name again?
>...Right, your name in Anon!

>Catch a mon
>you don't know it or its personality very well
>spend long enough with it to level it up, or get it to the first happiness level
>You got to know your mon's personality! Turns out it has a _________ nature!
>select nature
>>
>>30319686

I understand the angle, and I admit that breeding for the right gender/IV combination is frustrating, but don't you recognize how exploitable that is?
>>
>>30319308
>Ivs
Yeah. Randomize HP values with no impact on stats. Done. Stupid fucking time wasting gimmick is gone and breeding isnt a pain anymore/

>Evs
Should stay because it allows build diversity.
>>
>>30319337
Almost every optimal competitively bred Pokémon is almost exactly the same anyway...
>>
File: sandshrew.gif (948KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
sandshrew.gif
948KB, 500x314px
you should get evs by lifting weights rather than battling
>>
>>30319785
They have weights at the pelago.
>>
File: 1416779924939.gif (342KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1416779924939.gif
342KB, 800x450px
>they don't want people hacking dittos/injecting mons for competitive
>keep bringing IVs back
>>
>>30319730
Exploitable how?

Also, not the guy you're talking to but

Perhaps some stats could come with certain natures?
>>
>>30319308
IVs are still needed for reducing foul play damage, trick room 0 ivs, and hidden power. EVs are vital because you can change how you use things. Vikivolt for example has 326 sp. attack with 0 investment so you can make a variety of sets with it. Agility and max speed or a max hp max def/sp.def support that still hits like a truck.
>>
>>30319308

>IVs should be made easier to breed down.

>EVs should be more intuitive to build
>>
Now I need a hacker friend to set up my mons. This general sucks :(

My shiny tsareena is all kinds of fuck ed up now.

Feels bad.
>>
>without IVs
I've actually always thought it would be better if they kept IVs and actually gave them a more significant impact on the final calculated stats, but made it so that every Pokémon had the same IV total. That way, you'd still have the possibility for different Pokémon of the same species to have different strengths, but you'd remove the "strictly worse" angle.
>>
>>30319308
>IVs
don't remove but change. Pheraps a easy way to max them, something like each time you beat the league your IVs inscrease
>EVs
bring back the gen I/II EVs system. Simple as that. You train your pokemon, it will become good, there will be no more "wrong way to train your pokemon"
also
>Natures
remove that shit. It was a huge mistake. Bring back the: "you catch your pokemon, you can use it already"
>>
>>30319308

IVs yes, EVs, no.

Some Pokemon perform entirely differently based on EVs. For example, bulky vs offensive Mega Scizor, or physical vs. special defensive Zapdos.

What should happen is IVs should be removed and EVs should be far easier to raise and change. The bottle cap system and current EV training speed are amazing, best we've ever had, but it's still more tedious than it needs to be. Especially resetting EVs and farming multiple caps or breeding perfects.
>>
An idea I have seen is that every mon should have an IV total of around 90 or 100. So each pokemon still has their own unique stats, but no pokemon is 6IV blessed or IV cursed
>>
>>30320779
No, the old EV system makes the metagame bulky as heck because every pokemon, even attackers, got max HP, Def, and SpD.
Its also kinda boring since there is no guessing what spread people use
>>
>>30321008
>Its also kinda boring since there is no guessing what spread people use
what?
>>
>>30319686
that makes no sense desu, you might as well just PkHex it at that point
>>
>>30319308
Dunno about IVs. I guess retconning those out of existence wouldn't really be a problem except for maybe hidden power, which should be reworked.

EVs could stay to give the feeling that your trained mons really are stronger than wild mons just because of the training they go through. Otherwise raising a mon up to lvl100 with rare candies would result in exactly the same as going through all the grinding work, and I don't know how I feel about that.

Natures could still come at random but there could be an item or maybe an NPC (a pokemon psychologist or some bullshit) that let's you change your mon's nature after X amount of sesions of therapy. Neutral natures could be reworked to increase HP and lower another stat since I always wanted an HP increasing nature, but that's just bias.
>>
>>30321008
>bulky as heck
So, would be like 80%/90% damage instead of a OHKO? I don't see how is this a problem.
And do you think that is boring to not know your opponent spread?
>>
>>30321190

It makes perfect sense famiglia. And if Nintendo wanted to stop hackers they could remove grindy shit mechanics like soft resetting until you get the nature you want
>>
EVs are okay.

But I fuckin' hate IVs. They should be gone. I used to have much more fun playing pokémon when I didn't know about IVs. Now, my OCD doesn't let me keep a pokémon if it has low IVs on important stats. FUCK!
>>
File: 1478640721325.jpg (63KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
1478640721325.jpg
63KB, 599x599px
>Autism: The Thread
Fucking hell people. IVs and EVs are what make each Pokemon unique. How is taking that out a good thing in any way?
>>
>>30321500
>unique
sure, breeding like a retard is unique
>>
>>30321525
Since when did breeding become a requirement to play Pokemon?
>>
Natures should've replaced IV's. IV's are pointless. They add no competitive depth. There is almost no skill involved in IV's except for occasionally minimizing Speed for Gyro Ball and minimizing Attack for confusion/Foul Play if you really wanna minmax. EV's can stay, they have a tradeoff and are fully in your control.
>>
>>30321561
If you want to battle and not get fucking destroyed by hackers it's a fucking requirement. And if you think it is you are a idiot.
>>
File: 1475674653116.png (29KB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1475674653116.png
29KB, 270x188px
>>30321599
So, to counter hackers, you're suggestion is to take all depth out of Pokemon? Great idea.
Seriously though, if you are going to get into the competitive scene of any RPG, you need to be prepare for grinding and hackers.
There are many ways to avoid them, if you hate them so much. For example, not playing competitively. Or cheating yourself. Or just using Showdown. But out of all of these, you choose to ruin Pokemon completely, just becuase "muh tedious breeding".
>>
>>30321814
IVs add absolutely no depth. There is no strategy in IV's.
>>
>>30321814
You're an idiot.
You're literally saying: the pokemon you use in game is a unique shit. To go to the competitve, you need this tedius breeding.
>showdown
Yes, because the pokemon you use in game is shit.
>>
Remove IVs and give an extra 186 EV points to distribute instead.
>>
>>30321814
Yes. I want to do literally no work to battle with my mons. I want to jump in and battle and not fuck around for weeks to get what I need.
I don't care how mad autistic breeders get.
I don't have time to do it.
I just want to play with minimal effort.
Because this is a child's game.
>>
>>30321500
>implying every pokemon you see won't just have perfect IVs and the same EV builds when fighting other players
>>
>>30321008
The metas for both VGC and Smogon are already overcentralized, it's not like there would be any damage.
>>
>>30322045
>Because this is a child's game.
And you can play that "child's game" without perfect IVs. But the competitive scene isn't a "child's game". Again, if you want to jump in without breeding or hacking, go do it. No one is stopping you. You WILL get your ass kicked with those who did have the time to breed or hack in Pokemon though.

>>30322073
>Implying only opponents Pokemon matter
Every single Staraptor you use will be the same. Every Staraptor you face will be the same. That's what would without these IVs and EVs. It will be fucking boring to use the same Pokemon ever again. It will be the same as breeding you hate so much. You'll be doing the same thing over and over again.

>>30321828
Yes, they do. Managing these IVs and EVs is what determines if stand a chance in a battle. It's part of the stratergy. Just a bit more boring then other parts.
>>
>>30322325
>Every single Staraptor you use will be the same. Every Staraptor you face will be the same. That's what would without these IVs and EVs. It will be fucking boring to use the same Pokemon ever again. It will be the same as breeding you hate so much. You'll be doing the same thing over and over again.
As opposed to now, when people go "Oh boy, I sure want to reuse a Pokémon because it has 2 less speed than last time I used one!"

>Yes, they do. Managing these IVs and EVs is what determines if stand a chance in a battle.
Managing EV's takes strategy. You need to decide which stats you want to max.

There is no "managing" IV's. You just need to max them all. It's not strategy, it's tedium.
>>
>>30320024
>IVs are still needed for a select few gimmick shit
>implying Foul Play isn't cancer
>implying anybody who isn't a shitty uses Trick Room

I'll give you Hidden Power, but any Pokemon that absolutely NEEDS Hidden Power has issues and should be rectified properly with actual balance changes.
>>
>>30322325
Yes. I'm sitting here trying to play legitimately and can't

Hackers get a free ride.

Either make it easier or figure out a better method.

Iv's are complete garbage.
>>
>>30322325
>Every single Staraptor you use will be the same. Every Staraptor you face will be the same.

It's already like that. You ever stop to think that fighting the same Staraptor over and over is way more fun than doing stupid breeding and training shit? People play Showdown and all you see are the same sets and teams.
>>
Satisfaction from breeding something absolutely perfect is like half the reason people still play these games.
>>
Natures and EVs can stay, IVs can fuck off unless GF makes it so that you can control them.
>>
>>30322468
That satisfaction dissapeared when they casualised the breeding system in gen 5 and forward.

>you'll never go back to D/P breeding where everstone only had a 50 % chance to pass down nature, there were no power items or destiny knot, males could only pass down egg moves, perfect hidden power was harder to get, etc. Those were the times man.
>>
>>30319308
>EVs
No.

>IVs
Yes, but only thanks to hackers.
>>
>>30322529
Breeding was not casualized. It was made more reliable and doesnt take forever, but it still takes long enough that no sane person wants to just bike up and down the Daycare route, fly to the IV checker, and fly back to do it again for several hours.

Breeding only goes fast if a hacked 6IV Ditto is involved
>>
Evs should work like skill points on level up.

Stronger mons you kill. More points you get.

Iv's should be removed. Or if they are gonna keep theme introduce more ways to manipulate them. Fun ways.

Breeding isn't fun.

Hire me GF
>>
>>30322512
>he hasn't played S&M
>>
SLIDERS THAT YOU CAN ADJUST IN GAME
>>
desu I still don't have a fucking clue how IV's work. I just breed for natures and assign EV's, I'm not gonna get autistic and start calculating the perfect breed.
>>
>>30322779
No. Bottle caps aren't viable and don't actually change the stats.

Just no.
>>
>>30320779
At the very least, give us a Hyper Training for Natures. Even for UBs, Hyper Training is a complete waste of time if the UB rolled a bad Nature and the catcher didn't think to soft reset for another.
>>
>>30319308
IVs: maybe
EVs: Hell no. EVs are customization. It makes the game deeper.
>>
>>30322828
They do actually change the stats. They don't change the IV's.
>>
>>30322325
>Every single Staraptor you use will be the same
are you really trying to imply that is not already like this?
The competitive would be pretty much the same. The difference is that no one would have to waste more time with IVs or breeding. Which means more players could go to the competitive. Which means, you only have to care about strategy. Which means you could use your in-game team in the competitive.
>>
>>30322908
They are still hard as fuck to get and just a good

Ima add 1000 into my game lol
Hacker fuel.
>>
>>30319337
People breeding or injecting makes it so they aren't special in anyway that's relevant
>>
>caring about IV/EVs
>not just using your favorite pokemon
>>
Only without IV.
EVs makes diferent builds
>>
>>30323056
Getting shit on in battles

Enjoy your dumpstermons
>>
quick question. They changed EVs to only go to 252, right? so I don't have to worry about 'wasting' 3 EVs by accidentally getting them to 255?
>>
>>30323056
this
karenfags are the real winners every single time :^)
>>
>>30323056
>not using your favorite pokemon with ideal stats
>>
>>30323080
Everyone in online battle just copies the same 3 party lists, its a stiffer meta than fucking Yugioh. So you either become one with the hivemind of uncreative builds or you just don't participate
>>
>>30323091

They still go to 255. And you should be making them go to 248, not 252.
>>
>>30323149

Wait, scratch that 248 part, I had a brainfart regarding HP EVs. It's still 510 total, 252/252/4, then 2 extra.
>>
File: 32454654234.gif (478KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
32454654234.gif
478KB, 500x313px
>IV
>deep mechanic
>>
>>30323147
even with uncreative smogon builds there are still millions of team combinations
the only mons i've seen a lot so far are salazzle and tapu lele, and they aren't in "every battle"
and for new pokemon you can't even use smogon builds because they don't exist yet
>>
>>30323147
>Stiffer than Yugioh
No fucking joke. I was set to get into competitive after dicking around for 15 years in the last gen, and discovered that every fuck either runs some meme comp or has the same 4-6 mons on every team. Or worse, is running some stupid stall comp that dies to anything creative, which is honestly more boring than a stall comp that doesn't die to ANYTHING.

Never thought I'd miss TCG's constant stream of stunshit metas.
>>
For competitive? sure.

For literally everything else? No.
>>
>>30323267
I stopped doing online after the fiasco with Mega-Kangaskhan and Power-up Punch
>>
Why not take the hyper training step out of hyper training and just have a pokemon's IVs automatically increase with every level after 80 or so
>>
>>30323284
Why you need IV for singlepalyer game?
>>
>>30322354
>>30322416
IVs and EVs still allow much more verity than what you would have without them. Now, ZardX can be a Bulky Burner, or a strong Physical Sweeper, or it be a mixed Attacker. This applied to all of Pokemon. Granted, for most of them, only one set is going to be viable competitively, but Pokemon isn't all about the comptitive play.

>>30322398
If you're trying to play legitmately and don't have time, I guess you're a kinda fucked.
But then again, breeding isn't as time consuming, and doesn't require a lot of attention. Just watch some anime or something, and keep your 3DS in your hand. You have to pay attention from time to time, but it's only going take a few hours at most.
And I've said it a couple of times already, but you can always use Showdown. No bullshit, straight to the battles you love so much. It'll keep you entertained while you breed your own Pokemon.
>>
>>30323337
>Now, ZardX can be a Bulky Burner, or a strong Physical Sweeper, or it be a mixed Attacker
IV's have absolutely no role in this. All 3 of those sets have 31 in every IV.

I agree that EV's are a good feature.
>>
>>30323337
IVs don't add anything
>>
>>30322720
In your mind it does, because you're used to cheating.
>>
>>30323314
You don't, but IV's doesn't HURT your experience either, which is the only reason why you would want to remove the mechanic.
>>
>>30323337
>Now, ZardX can be a Bulky Burner, or a strong Physical Sweeper, or it be a mixed Attacker. This applied to all of Pokemon.

IVs play no part in this. At all. They'll all be maxed anyway so it changes nothing.
>>
>>30323368
>>30323381
>>30323389
Eh, you're right. That was my bad.
>>
>>30323337

IV variety is meaningless. EVs natures and abilities are all far more tangible.
>>
>>30323383
That's means this mechanic is pointless for singleplayer. It's exist for multiplayer purposes. Instead of IV they should add unique features to pokemon looks. So grinding IV makes your pokemon looks unique
>>
File: 1476290963507.png (78KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476290963507.png
78KB, 600x500px
>I don't have time to make my Pokemon stronger, so make every Pokemon equally strong for me!
>But I do have the time to bitch about it on an autistic board

Holy fuck, grow a fucking pair. I've seen less whiny kids.
>>
>>30323383

They hurt your multiplayer and endgame experience. They also give you something to do to prolong the game though, but I'd rather not have to grind them out regardless.
>>
>>30323469
There's no real point to the mechanic in multiplayer either. If you play competitive than your IVs are going to be maxed in both defenses, HP, Speed, and your damage stat(s). The only one you might neglect is Attack, and only if you're a Special Attacker or just a setup/status mon.
>>
>>30323473

Arguing on 4chan is way more fun than grinding perfect Pokemon. QED, you're doing it right now instead of doing literally anything else.
>>
>>30323337
I. Don't. Have. Time. I can't just sit and watch anime and do nothing all day I'm not a neet
>>
>>30323473
Are you autistic? Maybe you're furfag and wears dog collar too?
>>
>>30323537
Then you're going to lose against NEETs that do have the time, IVs or not.
>>
Trick Room, Hidden Power types, and making special attackers 0 attack IVs to reduce confusion damage are the only thing IVs are good for.

So a niche, rare team where it only really matters against mirror matches, something that should be choosable to begin with, and min/maxing confusion damage. Pointless reasons to keep them in, especially for physical attackers and every non-trick room pokemon.
>>
>>30323636
I know how to showdown.
I dont like not killing by 30 hp or dying in 1 hit when it should take 2.
>>
>>30323686
>I know how to showdown.
Then play Showdown, holy shit. Why are you even here?
>>
File: 1480203337059.gif (2MB, 560x430px) Image search: [Google]
1480203337059.gif
2MB, 560x430px
You can't justify picrelated no matter how hard you will try. Glorious "gameplay". Magnum opus of game design. Ahhh, IVs. They're so perfect
>>
gen1 had evs and ivs
>>
>>30323534
Difference is, I'm not bitching about how I don't have the time to breed. Especially considering breeding takes no effort and I can do at the same time as shitposting.
Doesn't matter to me anyway because I use the Ditto.
>>
>>30323704
I want to play on my 3ds
I want to fucking play with no effort.
>>
>>30323469
>>30323484
When was the last time though that IVs have made a significant enough difference in singleplayer that it necessitated the need to grind? I am not arguing in favor of keeping them around, but that is if they are causing actual problems for a non-minority of the players. Sure you might have a tougher time with endgame content if you didn't have perfect 6IVs, but I don't think they implemented IVs as it currently is with the intent of twisting your arm into grinding up and having perfect 6IVs.

I kinda am rectifying while reiterating my original statement by saying that a lot of the competitive scene would be fairly pleased with the idea of not having to be concerned with IVs, at least, and EVs are a little more debatable.
>>
>>30323761
>Need to cheat to make it easy

Yep this method works fine.
>>
File: 1390447648734.png (20KB, 267x367px) Image search: [Google]
1390447648734.png
20KB, 267x367px
>>30323765
>I want to fucking play with no effort.
>>
>>30323636

There's a reason simulators are far more popular than wifi or even the official games and events like VGC when it comes to battling.
>>
>>30323765
Then use the Tapus/UBs like everyone else. There's your "no effort".
>>
File: 7495.jpg (71KB, 360x403px) Image search: [Google]
7495.jpg
71KB, 360x403px
>>30319308
>remove EVs

Fuck no. Do you WANT every single Pokémon of a species to have the exact same stats?

I can see the argument for removing IVs presuming you changed how Hidden Power was determined, but removing EVs would make the game much more boring.
>>
>>30323849
>Fuck no. Do you WANT every single Pokémon of a species to have the exact same stats?
That would make sense, yes.
>>
>>30323768
>When was the last time though that IVs have made a significant enough difference in singleplayer that it necessitated the need to grind?

Every game that has a "Battle X" function for endgame. Why do you think Nintendo gave you guaranteed 31 IVs on multiple stats in the most recent generations?

What is your argument for keeping this shit in? There are only two or three reasons to that are actually valid, like Trick Room. The way it's used to create variety amongst wild Pokemon is unnecessary and not even tangible, and strong enemies like Gym Leaders have historically had perfect IVs anyways, so what does that tell you.
>>
>>30323797
Not pretending what I'm doing is correct.
But bitching about removing IVs just because you want to "stay pure" or "don't have the time" is being retarded. Especially since kids love that shit. It makes every Pokemon they catch unique.
>>
>>30323848

They don't use them because of the perfect IVs. Their usage would not go down at all even if they had to be reset for IVs. Their usage is higher than anything else even on Showdown.
>>
>>30323880
Kids love getting there beloved mons beaten to death online by perfectly breed smergles.

Okay.
>>
File: 1414279079037.png (247KB, 538x500px) Image search: [Google]
1414279079037.png
247KB, 538x500px
Buff Hidden Power's maximum BP, then make it based on EVs instead of IVs. Now we have slight variation on EVs and Hidden Power is easier to control.

Don't need IVs anymore.
>>
>>30319308
Pokemon would be better without natures
Prove ME wrong
>>
>>30323939
Kids don't the competitive scene. They go online from time to time, but they mostly battle other kids and don't care at all about it.
>>
>>30323989
Natures are a good system. You sacrifice something to strengthen something else.

IVs do nothing of the sort as there's no reason not to have them all maxed.
>>
File: 1480014109686.png (86KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
1480014109686.png
86KB, 250x419px
>>30319308
IVs should be linked in pairs:
HP <> Speed
Attack <> Defense
Special Attack <> Special Defense

Every pokemon has 31 IVs for each linked pair. If you have 31 in HP, your Speed IV is a 0 and vice versa. No longer can you have maxed Attack without your Defense suffering for it. Now mons have natural statistical diversity without one being objectively better than another.

There. All fixed.
>>
>>30323989
i like the personality idea, but not when it fucks with the stats again and again
>>
>>30323989

You could remove them. Right now it's basically "speed vs offense" or "special vs physical defense". And then mixed sweeper natures. And of course there's always Trick Room natures.
>>
>>30323874
None of those things tell me that you had a need for 31 IVs. In a situation where both combatants should not be needlessly handicapped for a competitive scene IE Multiplayer, sure. As far as single player though? A tangible difference -whatever I can only assume that means to you- between two pokemon would only accentuate disparity between the player character and NPCs in game balance. Aesthentically its fine, but I know what you mean though as far as IVs not being necessary. I never said they absolutely were.
>>
>>30324027
Yeah, dude. Kids don't play online games. More important kids can't walk untill 16 year.
>>
>>30319755
>>30322963

You guys are forgetting that millions of people play this game and statistically nobody gives a shit about them, but they DO like the feeling that for some reason this one pokemon they have feels better and special than the rest.
>>
>>30324179
>None of those things tell me that you had a need for 31 IVs

Are you retarded? Battle Spot or Frontier or whatever it was called in DPP had things like OU mons with 31 IVs, AI that predicted your moves, and increased crit chances for the opponent. You going to tell me you didn't need max IVs, especially for speed ties and shit for that?

Fuck off.
>>
>>30324233
There is big difference in not caring and not playing. The kids that do care, like I did, keep at it until they get good.
But most of the kids, and adults too, for that matter, only play Pokemon for the main game. They don't give a single fuck about the competitive game or even the fucking postgame.
And if think that isn't true, you first need to see a normalfag play. That is exactly how it goes for most of them.
>>
>CASUALIZE THE GAME FOR ME!!!

Go play showdown faggot
>>
>>30319308
Evs and Ivs are fine now that they're more manageable. What really needs either a complete overhaul or to be gotten rid of completely is natures. I should be able to catch any Pokemon in my main story team and not have to worry post game in places like the battle tree or the royale that I fucked up and didn't reset for an adamant litten at the beginning of the game. Game freak messed up by not introducing a way to change natures this gen and I hope next gen it's implemented. It just motivates people even more to just inject Pokemon.
>>
>>30324485
>Rotating the control stick for 2 minutes for an attempt at winning a string of coinflips is hardcore gaming
>>
>>30324485
It's only a matter of time.

Gf will do it.
>>
>>30324629
>w-what? I have to play the game??? WAAAAAAAHH
>>
>>30323869
How does that not seem boring to you? With the way EVs work, you can focus them into different areas. If you want your Pokémon to be as fast and hard-hitting as possible, you put all your points into an Attack stat and Speed. If there's an attack that barely OHKOs you that you want to avoid, you can put some of those points into HP or one of the defensive stats, calculating the amount needed to survive it. It adds a layer of depth to the game because you can use the same Pokémon in more ways and can't as easily predict your opponent's stat spread. It's not like IVs where you can have a "perfect" spread and anything else is objectively worse outside a few very specific circumstances like using 0 Speed for Trick Room or using 0 Attack to take less confusion/Foul Play damage, there's a large degree of customization and nothing is objectively "right."
>>
>>30319308
IVs should be 1-6.

1-2, bad. 3-4, average. 5-6, good.
>>
Are Sun and Moon the first Pokemon games to actually make breeding worse?
>>
>>30324709
>breeding min/max sets is typical gameplay
>riding back and forth hatching thousands of eggs is typical gameplay

Yeah these guys are whiny fucks, but come on. The level of intellectual dishonesty here is dismaying.
>>
>>30324758
Breeding is easier than ever retard
>>
>>30324485
And yet Showdown displays an infinitely greater level of skill than in-game cartridge WiFi, which is the actual casual format.

Real hardcores play official VGC at Nintendo events.
>>
>>30324784
Don't like the game, fuck off to showdown or play yokai
It's that easy
>>
>>30324746
They should be 0-1 to determine Hidden Power. Hyper Training should be possible on anything with a ribbon for beating the Elite Four, and Bottle Caps should be either a BP or FC item.
>>
>>30324746

That both makes IVs pointless for damage calcs and manages to keep the imperfect speed fucking you over. Even dumber than the current system.
>>
>>30324406
Yes, I am gonna tell you they are not needed. You have yet to give me an ACTUAL fucking argument against having IVs in single player that doesn't come off as whining about how difficult the game is. You don't need to grind. You can if you want to, but Gamefreak does not expect you to AT ALL.

Pokemon is not disgaea and it was not developed by Nippon Ichi. A game dev forcing you to grind and tell you to grind is a clear indication of a bad decision and a shitty mechanic.
>>
>>30324830
>"yo quit being retarded"
>acts more retarded

Okay, nigger. Not like your opinion is even relevant.
>>
>>30324794
It's pretty much entirely worse than XY. No infinite loop, no Bike(Tauros requires multiple inputs to go fast), no O-powers, the Destiny Knot is a rare pickup item, and it takes much longer to get high IV Pokemon to begin breeding.
>>
>>30324863
>You have yet to give me an ACTUAL fucking argument against having IVs in single player that doesn't come off as whining about how difficult the game is

BATTLE FRONTIER

>A game dev forcing you to grind and tell you to grind is a clear indication of a bad decision and a shitty mechanic.

Exactly. IVs are a shitty mechanic.
>>
File: noot noot.jpg (14KB, 231x175px) Image search: [Google]
noot noot.jpg
14KB, 231x175px
>>30324874
Whatever, keep bitching about being a lazy piece of shit on a tasmanian knitting forum while I enjoy the game.
>>
>>30325023
Why are you posting here, retard?
>>
>>30325062
Because I like Pokemon unlike you.
>>
>>30325118
So people who hate retarded IV and glorious >>30323712 don't like pokemons?
>>
>>30319308
Yes
It's just senseless grind.
>>
File: 1477221507919.jpg (53KB, 760x767px) Image search: [Google]
1477221507919.jpg
53KB, 760x767px
Pokemon would be better without battles

Prove me wrong
>>
>>30325297
Just turn it into a waifu dating game
>>
>>30325220

You ask for arguments then just dismiss valid examples where IVs are required to perform. In fact, the Battle X portions of the games are so difficult, even perfect IVs aren't enough, people have to create Minimize spam sets.

If these arguments "don't mean anything" to you, that just means you're ignorant, not that you're right.
>>
>>30325393
It would be better than battles where all you do is click on an attack and see it play out. Literally a waste of time.
>>
>>30319308
From a strictly non-competitive standpoint, IVs are realistic and EVs make sense.
>>
>>30319308
I disagree.
>>
>>30325528
Yeah I guess we all forget that the competitive part of video games is usually player made, not the original intent. Except for certain games made solely for competitive play from the get go.
>>
EVs allow pokemons to run different sets by letting them have varied stats. IVs are literally cancer
>>
>>30319337
Natures anon
>>
>>30319308
IVs are annoying as fuck, but not EVs.
>>
>>30323056
took this long for the correct answer to show up
>>
>>30321344
At that point you may as well be allowed to set your Pokémon's gender after knowing it for so long due to gender being a social construct.
>>
>>30327486
Fuck off tumblr
>>
>>30327486

That could be something you "find out" immediately on hatch or catch.

>You caught Mon
>Its data was added to the pokedex
>It turns out that Mon is...
>Select male or female
>Would you like to give a nickname to Mon?
>>
>>30327896
>hatch an Egg
>oh wow! A Pokémon came from the Egg
>This Pokémon is a...
>select species from all 802 known Pokémon
>Would you like to give a nickname to Mon?
>>
>>30328002

>Implying this doesn't happen with Ditto
>>
>>30319308
So is everyone ignoring that shroomish dick
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.