[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adamant or Jolly on this fucker.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-376Metagross.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-376Metagross.png
50KB, 250x250px
Adamant or Jolly on this fucker.
>>
>>30316711
Adamant bc bulleto panchi
>>
>>30316711
Up and at 'em, Adamant!
>>
>>30316711
Adamant. No need to run jolly anymore thanks to mega speed buff.
>>
>>30316728
So bullet punch for things I can't outspeed plus the major attack boost from adamant?
>>
>>30316711
Jolly, 110 speed ties with a lot of important threat and if you run Adamant you'll get outspeed by jolly M-pinsir, unboosted megazard, M-medicham, Garchomp, M-Garde, M-Diancie, Gengar, Keldeo, etc that can seriously dent your M-metagross.

Don't run Adamant unless you want to use Rock Polish
>>
>>30316711
General rule of thumb is to only run Adamant/Modest if you either have a way to boost speed(Scolipede, RP Landorus), not enough speed to make a difference anyway(Conkeldurr), rely on priority(Scizor). Otherwise run a speed positive nature.
>>
Adamant for regular, Jolly for Mega.
>>
>>30316711

If you're using Mega Metagross, you NEED Jolly.

Base 110 Speed is an important benchmark. If you use Adamant, stuff like Landorus will outspeed you.
>>
>>30317190
>unless you want to use Rock Polish

You mean Agility.
>>
>>30316711
agiligross is better in the top lel meta
especially since its one of her best checks
but the real answer is breed one of each
>>
>>30317568
does metagross breed?
>>
>>30316711
Always run Max Speed on unboosted mons, until you hit such a speed tier that you'll outspeed everyone anyway (like Pheromosa).

You run Adamant / Modest only if you're slow anyway and it doesn't matter, if you're EXTREMELY bulky, or you're running Swift Swim / Agility etc.
>>
>>30317713

How about Buzzwole? Is it considered "slow anyway and it doesn't matter?"
>>
>>30317713
Pheromosa needs to run +speed to counter scarf mons, other Pheromosa and M-zam anyway. Although Adamant gets really nice once you get a boost.
>>30317568
Agiligross and RP Landorus is really good in the current meta
>>
>>30317681
I don't want you to feel dumb, but of course
>>
>>30317744
You can run a jolly scarf set once Pheromosa is gone as base 79 speed with scarf is not bad at all, otherwise run bulky Adamant, it's not going to outspeed anything.
>>
>>30316711
Be a man and impish this motherfucker. Why does everyone only want to rush battles rather than enjoying it?
Enjoy taking every hit while munching on leftovers as your opponet slowly die of poison whille continously hurting themselves from confusion.
Also gyroball for fun.

Battles should be fun and creative while making the opponet wanting to strangle you through the screen.
>>
>>30317744
Both Scarf and fast attacker Buzzwole sets are mostly outclassed by equivalent sets on Heracross, which is slightly faster and has better STABs. Scarf Buzzwole can't even reach the speed of M-Aerodactyl, M-Alakazam and Pheromosa, so that's doubly moot. Its best bet is exploiting its large physical bulk and typing that lets it wall a significant portion of physical attackers and hit back with bajillion different coverage moves. You'll usually want to use a set consisting of 3 attacks + either Roost (singles) or Protect (doubles) with Adamant nature, max or near max Attack and most of the rest dumped into HP and maybe a little into Speed to outspeed specific slower mons. The choice of attacks is up to you and depends on needs of the rest of your team. You don't even need to run both STABs at once - they share four resistances and are very easy to wall, so unless you need strong STAB hits on specific mons you can settle for something like Bug+Ground+Rock or Fighting+Electric+Ice or just about anything.
As for item, Leftovers makes it a little harder to wear down while Life Orb boosts power of its hits, but makes it more difficult to stay alive and punishes your own mispredicts. Fightinium-Z is pretty nice for getting off a physical nuke that doesn't drop its stats like Superpower/Hammer Arm does.
And if you really want to troll someone, use Substitute + Focus Punch.
>>
Jolly for an all out attacking set

Adamant for Agility, or non mega sets
>>
>all this mega and genie talk
>not playing vgc
why bother
>>
>>30319194
metagross is still good in vgc
namely because it ohkos both pheromosa and top lel and can take a hit from either
and also gets boosted stab from psychic terrain
>>
>>30319317
oh yeah he's on my team, i'm just saying the mega and non-gen 7 mons talk is worthless since it has to be native caught in Alola to be used in vgc
>>
>>30318344
>impish
>70 speed
>gyroball
you could have said relaxed and I might have considered your bullshit
>>
>>30318344
>paralyze and confusion in almost every mon
>I don't care about victory, I just want them to suffer
>>
>>30317681
Yes, Mineral egg group like Magnemite line, pair it with ditto
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.