[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"This is the Pokémon killer." BTFO Yokaifags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: logo-yokai_2x.png (17KB, 455x259px) Image search: [Google]
logo-yokai_2x.png
17KB, 455x259px
>"This is the Pokémon killer."

BTFO Yokaifags
>>
>>30314001
Shotas can't compete with pokewaifus.
>>
File: 1459320280110.png (331KB, 781x880px) Image search: [Google]
1459320280110.png
331KB, 781x880px
>>30314016
But the yokaifus can
>>
>>30314001
this saved pokemon imo
>>
>>30314001
Competition breeds innovation.

I don't think Yokai Watch will ever be a significant long-term threat outside of Japan (if it's even a threat in Japan), but it could definitely cause a scare that would force GF to actually fucking try once in a while.

Being the only one anywhere near the top makes the person sitting at the top complacent and boring, and dulls their efforts (and in turn, the luster of their position).
>>
Can anyone post even one Yokai design that isn't complete shit?
>>
File: 576Gothitelle.png (387KB, 882x1280px) Image search: [Google]
576Gothitelle.png
387KB, 882x1280px
>>30314315
>>
>>30314001
>tfw sun and moon took inspirations from yokai
Yokai was a comfy substitute but sun and moon is the real experience.

Turns out competition is a good thing. OP is a fag like always.
>>
>>30314051
>Implying
Show me a yokai better than Salazzle. I'll wait.
>>
File: BandaiNamco.jpg (109KB, 625x660px) Image search: [Google]
BandaiNamco.jpg
109KB, 625x660px
This shit's rapidly dying in Japan. First YW3 sold half as well as YW2, but look at the merchandise numbers... compare its 2015 numbers to its forecast for 2017.
>>
>>30314503
>>
Yet Pokemon started copying Yokai Watch.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1362x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1362x1490px
>>30314340
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>30314553

Explain
>>
File: Enraenra.png (420KB, 757x979px) Image search: [Google]
Enraenra.png
420KB, 757x979px
>>30314503
Anon... any shit is better than Slutzzle
>>
>>30314001
Even if Yokai Watch was better than Pokemon it still wouldn't accumulate as much sales as Pokemon Sun/Moon due to Kanto pandering and the fact that Pokemon has been around much longer.
>>
>>30314556
But anon I like gothetelle and thought yokai watch was enjoyable, so I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me
>>
>>30314561

You're not going to get a worthwhile answer.

>Well, like, the Rotom Pokédex is the ghost, and Ash is now going to school, like the Yo-kai Watch boy does in its show, and they're the ones that first came up with that setting for an anime.

It's the most tenuous bullshit.
>>
>>30314556
That green goblin with the dick hair is pretty dope
>>
>>30314595
Thats OLM doing both anime
>>
>>30314535
Pretty meh. If i wanted a ghostly loli i have acerola.
>>30314573
This one is ok but nothing spectacular. Does she have any crazy lore like salazzle?

Honestly the only yokai that was interesting was Kyubi but he is male.
>>
>>30314595
The rotomdex is the most obvious inspiration, anime wise, at least. but I have no idea why people get so defensive over the idea that pokemon may have possibly borrowed something from one of it's competitors.

Then again, /vp/ still gets mad over digimon, so I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise.
>>
>>30314706
They teach us in game design to find shit that works and incorporate it into our designs in ways that improves the overall experience. Obviously we're not supposed to just rip off everyone wholesale, but the goal is to improve and refine designs in pursuit of that "perfect state" of a game.

If you see somebody with rubber tires on their car and you see that's working much better than the stone wheels you've had for 30 years, you trade up for the better tires.

So really, from a game design perspective, unless you literally clone something 1:1 from somebody else, there's no problem in taking notes out of somebody else's book. In fact, it's encouraged.
>>
>>30314595
The big difference here is that rotomdex is more likable then Whisper. Rotomdex actually knows all information about the pokemon Ash finds, while Whisper needs to pull up his pad to find information. And then there that annoying gag where Whisper lies about that he knows about the yokai while he reads whats on the pad. Rotomdex form for comedy is that he is a robot and doesn't understand personal space. He is more good natured than Whisper who is more annoying and selfish.
>>
>>30314980
Eh personally I thought Whisper was more likeable than the rotomdex.

Also I'd still say Whisper is still pretty good natured, he just has a character flaw where he wants to look knowledgeable when he really isn't
>>
>>30314561
SM overworld looks uncanny to yokai watch.

You could argue that the series would have naturally ended up this way but all the same.
>>
>>30314504
No Dark Souls? I thought that thing was a money printer.
>>
why the fuck is everyone obsessed with Yokai Watch?
>>
File: 49835001_p0.png (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
49835001_p0.png
91KB, 500x500px
Hey guys
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.