[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultra Beast catch rates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: hold the fuck up.jpg (32KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
hold the fuck up.jpg
32KB, 438x438px
>Nihilego has a catch rate of 45
>Buzzwole has a catch rate of 25
>Pheromosa has a catch rate of 255
>Xurkitree has a catch rate of 30
>Celesteela has a catch rate of 25
>Kartana has a catch rate of 255
>Guzzlord has a catch rate of 15

Why don't they all have a catch rate of 3, considering regular pokeballs aren't meant to be able to catch them easily? Why are they so completely random and nonsensical?
>>
Their have a 0.1x modifier if you use anything but a Beast Ball.
>>
>>30312545
The fuck, Pheromosa and Kartana really do have catch rates of 255.

Fucking why.
>>
>>30312574

I thought it's always 1x for any ball that isn't the beast ball and beast balls are 0.1x on normal mons.
>>
>>30312574
Only applies to Beast Balls if used on regular pokemon, the reverse isn't true, meaning that, despite lore, regular pokeballs are just as effective as normal.
>>
>>30312634
>Aether Foundation spent millions on making each Beast Ball
>only 5x better than an ordinary Poke ball and only against a few specific things
How are they not bankrupt?
>>
I forget, which is better? Low or high catch rates?
>>
>>30312717
The higher the catch rate, the easier it is to catch. Highest possible value is 255 (most early shitmons have a 255 catchrate), the lowest it has ever got is 3 (the value most legendaries have).
>>
>>30312717
Higher is better. 255 gives you a 50/50 chance to catch the pokemon if it's at max HP with a regular poke ball.
>>
File: anger.gif (214KB, 274x249px) Image search: [Google]
anger.gif
214KB, 274x249px
>>30312545
Just finished doing some calculations, if you throw a Beast Ball at Kartana or Pheromosa on the first turn without any status inflictions or other catch-boosting things, it's a guaranteed catch. Why is this allowed?
>>
>>30312599
Route 1 shitmon equivalents on their dimension.
>>
>>30312883
They're the two most powerful Ultra Beasts. Regardless of how powerful they are in their dimension, lore says that our pokeballs struggle to catch them, yet it's a 33% chance to catch either of them with a regular Pokeball without lowering their HP.
>>
>>30312903
>implying the turkish beauty model doesn't want to get caught so it can step on you
>>
>>30312712
probably making mad bank on the Wicke x Lusamine sex tape.
>>
>>30312634
But it is
>>
>>30312599
Because you have to catch several of them and of they were hard to catch you'd whine all day about muh tedious
>>
Are they shiny locked?
>>
>>30313183
You have to catch several Buzzwole and Celesteela, too.
>>
File: 1478565457676.jpg (18KB, 251x289px) Image search: [Google]
1478565457676.jpg
18KB, 251x289px
>>30312545
Pheromosa and Kartana are the yultra beast equivalent of Caterpie and weedle. Literally beginner's pokemon for the trainers of the other dimension.
>>
>>30312599
Pheromosa and Kartana are sluts! SLUTS!
>>
>>30312545
>Why don't they all have a catch rate of 3
Because you get 5 balls per UB retard?
>Why are they so completely random and nonsensical?
gee i wonder why creatures from other world totally different from ours which were bathed in unknown energies on the way here make little sense
>>
The thing is that they're really looking for a way back to their dimension. Looker mentioned how they're attracted to Fallers because of their energy, so I wouldn't be surprised if a Beast Ball, containing an internal environment similar to their realm (and likely with some of the same energy) works really damn well on them.

It must dupe them into thinking its a way back and make it an easy capture.
>>
>>30313293
You catch four Pheromosa and Kartana and only two Buzzwole and Celesteela.

Not sure why they did Peromosa/Buzzwole at the same phase rather than doing the 4's and the 2's at the same time in each version.

They really wanted to encourage people to trade legendary pokes in this generation. They give you at least two of every version specific legendary.
>>
>>30313315
Imagine what their Mewtwo must be like.
>>
>>30313425
That's because you only get one and to complete your dex you have to give up your box legendary when you don't want to.

I'm glad that I have a spare Lunala to trade for a Solgaleo.
>>
I'm dumb as fuck, what does this make the catch rate for Celesteela if I use the Heavy Ball?
>>
>>30312599
Because if they weren't so easy, each one would have swept through my team.
>>
>>30315908
>imblyin
You could probably get one for some pokemon with an item+trade evo.
>>30316449
I would assume since it's weight is way over 903 lbs, it adds +40 to the catchrate.
>>
>>30316498
meant for >>30316379
>>
>>30316498
>>30316511
So slightly easier to catch than an Eevee
I guess I'll get ready to SR when it fails
>>
Do the beast balls not work like master balls on the UBs? I caught them all in the first ball I threw
>>
>>30316617
No, it's just a 5x bonus, more than Dusk Balls at night/in caverns and Timer Balls at 30+ turns.
>>
quickballs are still 5x on the first turn tho right?

always way too good
>>
>>30312712
Because they are not in mass-production yet. Each one is built by the hand of a single person and might have inefficient sections. Likely to be no more than a Luxury Ball after capitalism saves them.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.