[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nzg/ - Nuzlocke General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 62

File: buzzwole.jpg (29KB, 361x350px) Image search: [Google]
buzzwole.jpg
29KB, 361x350px
The Vitruvian Mosquito edition

Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/12STviC1 (embed)
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU (embed)
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/bcPxpEQT (embed)
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/T6G4xScj (embed)
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/X2pMb0ed (embed)

>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>This includes
>All Pokemon images by Ken Sugimori
>Nuzlocke Templates
>Boxed image sets
>Badges
nuzgen discord chat
https://discord.gg/WPDUYd8
jollynuzcrew streams discord
https://discord.gg/jq7kxDr
>>
File: mimi.png (181KB, 807x463px) Image search: [Google]
mimi.png
181KB, 807x463px
You're in the Abandoned Megamart when this guy materializes behind you and slaps your starter's ass, what do?

Keep in mind he has a Disguise, all-stat boost and is calling his bro Haunter up as we speak.
>>
>>30311765
If you're lucky enough to get a Skarmory or a stamina Mudsdale, it's a piece of cake
>>
>>30311765
Break his disguise and then use a super-effective move to 1 shot him, then follow up with another SE hit to his faggot friend Haunter the next turn.
>>
is discord dead?
>>
File: LARRY THE FUCKING LOBSTER.png (1MB, 1914x1055px) Image search: [Google]
LARRY THE FUCKING LOBSTER.png
1MB, 1914x1055px
>>30311711
>>
File: nuzlocke final.png (828KB, 1136x2728px) Image search: [Google]
nuzlocke final.png
828KB, 1136x2728px
>train Alolan Golem, Alolan Exeggute, Machamp, Krookodile, Granbull and Golisopod all to Lv 52
>this took an entire fucking afternoon because I had to train half of them out of the box, since Vast Poni Canyon fucked my shit up
>make Gladion my bitch
>make Hau my bitch
>grind them to Lv56
>holy shit it's dreadful to grind in this game
>Audinos, please comeback
>based Golem decimates the flying golf bitch
>Granbull is doing well until Crabominable resists a Play Rough and KOs with Ice Hammer
>Machamp bulks up and destroys Olivia
>Krookodile sacrifices itself so that Golisopod and Exeggutor can safely switch in and destroy Acerola
>fight Kukui with 4 pokémon
>Golisopod valiantely falls against Braviary to allow Golem to finish him
>Golem also set-ups Stealth Rock because Kukui's Ninetales survived a Gyro Ball with ~10HP and switched out for Incineroar
>get fucked

Overall I'm glad it's over. Easily the hardest Nuzlocke I ever did, it was surprisingly tricky. Some notes

>Mudsdale is pretty much unbrekable
>Golisopod is fucking bulky, and if you're playing on "Set" like me, his ability will be immensely useful on the long run if you have frail team mates that don't like switching in things
>Alolan Golem is very very bulky. It tanked x4 Ground type move on 4 separate occasions and his really hard
>Minior is dissapointing, because it needs to be low HP to be able to hit hard, and that puts it in a very dangerous position most of the time
>fuck whoever decided on the spot location for Charjabug and Crawbrawler evolution
>Krookodile only gets a decent STAB by end-game when you take it to move tutor to learn EQ
>Fuck you Lusamine
>>
>>30311922
Nice work!
>>
>>30311765
Lurantis is worse.

>If you bring a Fire-type, it will call it's buddy Rock Blast Skill Link Trumbeak to fuck you up
>If you bring anything else it will summon a Castform that will Weather Ball your shit while she either stalls you with 66% recovery Synthesis or nukes you every single turn with Solar Blades

And then you use it yourself and it's shit
>>
>>30311765
>sacrifice priority move mon to kill disguise
>bring in robin hoot
>survive shadow ball
>get him in yellow/red with ghost arrows
>pray that haunters hypnosis misses
>pray quick claw kicks in to kill him
>take out haunter with rest of party

EZ, was not stressing at all
>>
>>30311988
Haha thanks!

I admitt I'd probably given up on the Nuzlocke if I failed the league first time. Took me an entire afternoon of non-stop playing to level them all up because it's so shit grinding in this game and it burned me out
>>
>>30311993
>Butterfree used Silver Wind
>>
>>30312189
and then you get fucked by Trumbeak or Castform
>>
File: 6 After Akala Grand Trial.jpg (1MB, 1244x1067px) Image search: [Google]
6 After Akala Grand Trial.jpg
1MB, 1244x1067px
I got tossed around Grass Trial and Grand Trial time. I'm a little past this point now, and it looks like I'm gonna be using every Gen 1 water pokemon to exist. Seriously, I've got a Gyarados, Poliwrath, and Cloyster on deck. Lost a Psyduck and a Starmie. My team is becoming way too water focused, especially with the Electric Trial coming up. 4/5 of my current Pokemon are weak to it.
>>
Fuck the critical hit mechanics. All of my deaths have been due to bullshit crits, except my magnemite.
>>
>>30311993
Literally one shot with x scissor charjabug
>>
Is musdale gonna be good post story? He seems to just destroy everything at the moment and never dies. I love him to bits.
>>
File: sosbattle2.jpg (25KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
sosbattle2.jpg
25KB, 400x240px
What's /nzg/'s thoughts on SOS encounters in a Nuzlocke? For example, if you're battling a Carbink and it calls for a Sableye. Do you still just catch the Carbink, or is the Sableye also a choice since they're both within your first encounter? Also, what about chaining SOS encounters to grind or try and find a specific Pokemon?

I personally am okay with it so long as it's still within that first encounter in the area because the longer it goes on the more you risk losing a mon and use up resources trying to find it, plus it is the only way to get certain Pokemons. Kind of like going into the Doubles Grass in Gen 5 and getting to pick whichever of the two you get to catch.
>>
>>30316196
Mudsdale does short work of the Electric Trial

Unbox that Mudbray and get on grindingl, you cunt
>>
>>30317862
Personally I only considered the original one to be the catch of the area, but I don't really give a shit if you use something else.

After all it's the only way you can even get a Goomy/Mareanie/Gabite etc
>>
>>30311922

Nice job! Too bad the survivors were all Kanto centric, but what are you going to do?

I managed to beat Totem Mimikyu last night, too bad I lost my Skarmory to a crit, but I would have lost more without him. Mad props to Eviolite Misdreavus surviving a Shadow Claw and then Haunter derping and not killing me, too.

I'm running Incineroar, Toucannon, Hariyama, Whimsicott, Misdreavus, and a Bruxish I'm grinding. Starmie is better and I do have a Staryu, but I want to use new Pokemon dammit. Even despite my lack of good Electric and major Fairy counters now Skarmory is down. Maybe I'll find a slot for the Trubbish I got later.

My losses so far have only been Diglett, Wishiwashi and Skarmory. But I'm looking ahead a lot due to paranoia.
>>
>>30318491

Also I caught a shiny Golbat as my first encounter in the Thrifty Market, that was awesome. But Crobat is the most generic Pokemon for a Nuzlocke, you use one in a game eventually.
>>
>>30318491
>Nice job! Too bad the survivors were all Kanto centric, but what are you going to do?
funny thing is that my whole team was mostly alola-centric for the entire game, up until roughly the point where I had to raid Aether Foundation. It all went downhill from there, especially because there's nothing terribly interesting to catch in Poni Island

I was kinda of hoping for a Jangmo-o on Vast Poni Canyon, but that 5% chance does not forgive
>>
>>30311711

The Vitruvian 'Mon?

Nice.
>>
Finally a new thread that i havent done

Also got wiped by baconpants again
>>
File: Emlocke 2.jpg (361KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Emlocke 2.jpg
361KB, 1552x1015px
Well, here in what's probably the final portion of the grind before I make my way through Victory Road and onto the League.

I feel bad that I could only post so much of this from about over halfway in, if that, but Platinum looms after this provided I'm successful. My hopes for Phoebe and Drake ride almost entirely on Sharpedo, since I wasn't fortunate enough to get a Spheal in the Shoal Cave as the game instead elected to throw Zubats at me. Gotta hope Crunch, Ice Beam, and maybe Dark Glasses and Never-Melt Ice do their bit when the time comes. In a Nuzlocke there is no crime in being careful.

Caught a Hariyama in Victory Road, training him up - two Timid-natured fighting types, amusingly. Lost my Tentacool in a failed bid to steal more Heart Scales off of Luvdiscs, but you pay the price sometimes. Just gotta keep this going.
>>
File: 16-001.jpg (1017KB, 2450x2000px) Image search: [Google]
16-001.jpg
1017KB, 2450x2000px
I want to get off this Silver ride
>>
File: 7 After Electric Trial.jpg (1MB, 1244x1067px) Image search: [Google]
7 After Electric Trial.jpg
1MB, 1244x1067px
Somehow made it out of the Electric Trial despite every one of my team members being weak to one of Vikavolt's moves at the time. Sam Hazard did most of the work before getting Spark'd, and also got a nice burn out on Vikavolt. Hellder cleaned up with Icicle Spear + Skill Link from there. Ice Shard priority finished off the support Charjabug.

Lost a lot less than I was expecting, but I have way too many water types. Luckily I picked up Ariados, who will be great vs Mimikyu if it can survive until then. Bad Romance should finally be evolving now too, and Trump Card is getting strong.

Things looking good for now, but also fuck the Absol with the Z move on Mt. Hokulani. Gyarados was able to tank it after Intimidate, but the thing crit 6 times in a row with Night Slash as I was trying to get an attack out on it.

Also, for the obvious, didn't use Mudbray during the Electric trial because I ran with one in my Sun play-through, and this one has an Attack down nature, and its ability isn't Stamina.
>>
And I just lost Bruxish to a Haunter that was faster than me. God damn it.
>>
oh shi three of my mons were fixed encounters

is this cheating when you dont know about it?
>>
>>30320821
i guess the silence means yes
>>
>>30323269

Define "fixed encounters".
>>
>>30323745
encounters that are fixed

usually the first of the route whether you want it or not, so it changes nuzlocke dynamic a lot

pikipek, makuhita, alolan rattata and wishiwashi to quote a few
>>
>>30324550

People often choose to ignore these if they know about them and let chance take hold, like the Pidgey in XY. Moreso when it's not their first run. It's not fun when you encounter the same thing every time.
>>
File: 8 After Ghost Trial.jpg (1MB, 1244x1067px) Image search: [Google]
8 After Ghost Trial.jpg
1MB, 1244x1067px
Someone just finish me off, please. I'm gonna need a great encounter in the Ula Ula Meadow in order to get some strength back. Mimikyu was a beast to take down. Luckily the ones who are left are pretty strong, but one bad matchup and it could be wipe time.

Next update will be whenever I feel appropriate, since the trials stop being evenly spaced about now. May be a couple days as well, gonna be busy tomorrow.
>>
>>30324964
>dat fucking death count

Godspeed you glorious bastard.

Consider updating after beating Guzma in Po Town or after beating Lusamine in Aether Paradise. They are decent checkpoints
>>
>>30324964

Oh jesus.

Grind, because the levels start to jump hardcore from here.
>>
>>30325549

I was constraining myself to not over-leveling the Totem Pokemon or Kahuna's, which is one of the reasons why everyone dies. Luckily next Kahuna is at 39, so I have some room.
>>
File: top lil.png (57KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
top lil.png
57KB, 184x184px
>>30325598

Oh geez. You're not fucked yet, but for the love of god keep Poliwrath alive, you're going to need it soon. Least you have Lilligant as well.

You can pick up Zygarde on Route 16 as well, guaranteed if you ignore the grass. Route 16 isn't very big and doesn't have many good encounters, so you might as well get the doge. Even I'm using the doge at the moment.
>>
>>30325818
I second this. Doge Zygarde is great. You'll want to get the cores though, at that point of the game you have access to cores that will give you Extremespeed, DD, and the Thousand moves and you will want those moves, because Zygarde doge kinda sucks without those

Zygarde doge starts to kinda lag behind by the time you reach Poni Island, so consider upgrading it to 50%, unless you consider it cheap. Personally I think 600 BST legendaries are still fair game except for Deoxys

Also consider maybe training Spearow. Fearow is a shitmon but it will probably be useful against Guzma. Guzma is no fucking joke with that Golisopod, that cunt one-shoted my Mudsdale, when nothing in the game was even able to come close to 2HKO it before
>>
>>30326055
>>30325818

Fug, one of my rules is no legendaries. I might rear up Fearow to sacrifice and hopefully take out Golisopod. I'm gonna see what I get on some of the routes leading up. Worst case scenario I raise a bunch of shitmon as switch in fodder.
>>
>>30326102
Meh Doge Zygarde has 485 BST. That's lower than most fully-evolved pokémon so I think you can safely make an exception for Zygarde 10%, even if you decide not to upgrade it to 50% later in the game

At this point you really need all help you can get
>>
So I know I'm late as fuck, but I did a completely 100% blind nuzlocke of Moon and got ruined for the first time ever in a blind nuzlocke since Platinum, aka the only other pokemon game I've failed a blind nuzlocke in.

Is that normal or what, because personally I feel like this game is definitely close to Platinum in terms of difficulty, at least blind anyway.
What's the general consensus of nuzgen so far on S&M's difficulty?

I 'technically' lost to Lusamine by the way, but really it was the Guzma fight before her that sealed my fate.
He was so easy in every encounter that I wasn't expecting it, and worse yet it wasn't his Golisopod or anything that you'd expect that fucked me up.
It was his fucking Masquerain. It outsped everything on my team and 1 shotted absolutely everything besides my half health magneton funnily enough.
I lost 4 pokemon to him, so I unfortunately had to go into the Lusamine fight with only 2 of my guys left.

Really fun game though, I enjoyed the fuck out of my playthrough and will definitely be giving it another try tomorrow, albeit not blind for first half at least.
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke1.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke1.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
Alright, getting started with a nuzlocke of this game. I also made my own template for this as well, and I'm uploading it in case anyone else wants to use it as well.

PDF
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bldwv7afmkyo2bt
JPG
https://www.mediafire.com/?bk2pre1kup14n6n
>>
I was worried with that Totem Lurantis for a minute because it almost one shot my Misdrevous, but Thunder Wave proves the ultimate weapon once more. Hex destroyed it after that and then my Magnemite killed the shitbird

Now I'm training all my box Pokemon to 25 because I'm sure something is coming to fuck me up. Better to do it now then later while I have strong Pokemon who can switch in
>>
>>30324964

Personally, Shiinotic is more than alright in the regular game if you want to take Morelull along, and Wishiwashi is a powerhouse if you don't mind it being slow as shit. I'd recommend them as additions.
>>
>>30327535

I'm still pained by how slow my Alola mons were in my Sun playthrough. I did end up carrying Morelull along, even though it looks like it'll be pretty much doing the same thing as Lilligant. We'll see where that goes.
>>
>>30327535
WishiWashi kind of starts lagging behind as the games goes on though.

It's absolutely busted when you get access to School Forme, but as time goes on it becomes pretty much a one-time nuke, not really indicated for dragged out battles. And while this works well against most NPCs that have 3 pokémon at best, WishiWashi might end up as an hidrance against boss battles like Lusamine or Kahunas

>>30327702
You should totally get on the Shiinotic train though. Strength Sap is a neat move

It doesn't matter if it's slow since everything is slow anyways
>>
>>30326554
>that horrible font

nice template anywya thx for sharing
>>
Playing Omega Ruby, going to challenge the E4
My team is:
Zhurong the Delphox
Kaiba the Gallade
Dalila the Minum
Ernest the Flygon
SUCC the Gorebyss
Beats the Exploud

all of them are lvl 50
>>
File: Starters.png (38KB, 383x861px) Image search: [Google]
Starters.png
38KB, 383x861px
Guess who doesn't have an extra copy of SM to locke on and is stuck with roms still.

First response picks starter and a preferably not-shit nickname.
>>
>>30330242
Volbeat, name it XXX
>>
>>30330242
>Guess who doesn't have an extra copy of SM to locke on and is stuck with roms still.
guess who still dont know SM is perfectly emulable and beatable, way more than XY and ORAS even, hell better than DS emulation depending on which emulator you use for gen 4/5
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke2.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke2.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30326554
Beat Hau, caught Pikipek on Route 1, and Gully on Hau'li Outskirts.

>>30328435
Fair enough, i just wanted to use a Pokemon font.
>>
would anyone care to assist me in evolving phantump? It's movepool is such shit and I need something to use against Olivia
>>
>>30330531
>trading pokemon in a nuzlocke

i'm disgusted
>>
>>30330768
Why wouldn't you
>>
>>30330530
>Route 1 and Hau'Li outskirts

Anon, that's the same Route.

SM is shitty like that. The Trainer School counts as one route as well
>>
>>30331157
I counted it in my run
>>
>>30331157
I'm counting every area that has its own name come down when you enter it as its own area. As in, when you walk into the area, it drops down as Route 1 for the upper area, then Route 1 - Hau'li Outskirts for the southern part.

The trainer school is more like a cave, honestly, considering it's its own map.
>>
File: We gonna go far.png (21KB, 384x584px) Image search: [Google]
We gonna go far.png
21KB, 384x584px
Welp. Wish me luck.
>>
>>30331570
>flash and double team

Dodgin' and weavin' through everything
>>
File: That went well.png (38KB, 766x574px) Image search: [Google]
That went well.png
38KB, 766x574px
So my route 1 catch? Rampardos.
5 minutes later.. guess what just died to a crit Confusion from N's new Girafarig. ;-;7

Also opinions, fill out a template or go on as-is?
>>
>>30332105
I'd say both is ideal, if possible; posting updates when things happen through screenshots, then have a template update after every milestone/gym.

Otherwise, what you're doing is fine too.
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke3.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke3.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30330530
Cleared out the trainer school, got Marge the Magnemite onto the squad, and almost lost Achimedes to Marge from not paying attention. On to Hau'li City.
>>
File: Template Woo.png (354KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Template Woo.png
354KB, 1552x1015px
Well here's the template. Got a new catch. Letsagooo
>>
File: Well shit.png (15KB, 383x574px) Image search: [Google]
Well shit.png
15KB, 383x574px
So a Gulpin, a Volbeat and a Combusken against... That.

Title says it all.
>>
>>30335144
You can do it, beat that phallic bastard into the dirt!

just spam flash and double team you'll be fine.
>>
File: Damn tho.png (37KB, 383x546px) Image search: [Google]
Damn tho.png
37KB, 383x546px
Dragons cower before the mighty bug that is Volbeat. Anon was right, spamming flash + double team, with a little help from Confuse Ray, served perfectly. Damn thing had Ancient Power too. I half expected it to break through confuse ray, magically land an Ancient Power, and get the boosts. Still surprised it didn't.

Other mon was a Psyduck. Easy kill.
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke4.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke4.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30333656
Fucking hell, Hau'li was dangerous. Caught Richard the Yungoos in town, where it died to another Yungoos' crit Pursuit while switch training. Then Gully died to a SEPERATE Yungoos's crit Pursuit. So Archimedes and Marge trained to LV 12 to go take on Ilima. Ilima was able to kill off Marge, but not before Marge was able to paralyze and confuse the Smeargle, which is what allowed Archimedes to survive. Ilima also got the burn on Ember on the first hit on both Marge and Archimedes.

Whatever, we're back down to 1 'mon, but hey. We have Route 2 ahead of us, so here's hoping we get something good there.

>>30335868
ayy there we go.
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke5.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke5.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30336572
Update from Route 2, caught Mary the Gastly in the cemetary, and Gero the Spearow on Route 2. Can't really be mad about Spearow since I like Fearow, plus that rules out any Spearows/Fearows in the future because of dupes clause. Next up, training for the first Trial.
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke6.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke6.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30337835
Bumping the thread with a death update. Gero didn't last too long fortunately, got crit'd by a Growlithe's bite. Will proceed to try and get Archi and Mary to level 15 before the totem, mainly because I don't have anything that's super effective against Raticate.
>>
Rolling for starter
1-3: Chikorita
4-6: Totodile
7-9: Cyndquil
0: RR
>>
>>30341150
Just gotta finish the template before playing
>>
>>30311765
This fucker killed 4/6 of my team with its priority. Beat it with Rock tomb archeops and Minior

now i'' fucked for the rest of the run
>>
File: nuzlockewheel.png (64KB, 786x691px) Image search: [Google]
nuzlockewheel.png
64KB, 786x691px
Doing my first nuzlocke ever and decided to spin the wheel to see what I'm playing.

Wew
>>
FUCK YOU LANA AND YOUR BULLSHIT SPIDER

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN WILLING TO ACCEPT KIAWE'S DAMAGE ROLL ON MY GYRADOS BUT NOT DODGING A THUNDER WAVE, CRITTING THE BITE, DODGING THE FIRST STUN SPORE, FINALLY GETTING HIT BY THE SECOND AND THEN CRITTING THE BUBBLEBEAM THROUGH FUCKING LIGHT SCREEN

I'D HAVE WIPED IF MY GOLBAT DIDN'T KNOW ACROBATICS AND YOU DIDN'T WASTE A TURN WITH THE FULL HEAL

YOU CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNT
>>
File: nuztemplate.png (158KB, 1136x2728px) Image search: [Google]
nuztemplate.png
158KB, 1136x2728px
>>30311922
Hope you dont mind but I liked your template a lot so I edited it to use for my run

Btw its >>30341454 I'll use this tag for now
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke7.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke7.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30339343
Looks like the first trial was a complete success, and Archi even evolved after the fight. Afterwards, I caught Terry the Zubat as my Verdant Cavern catch, but I'm not 100% sure if I want to keep him on right now since he's Modest and I don't want anything to already impede on Zubat's relatively weaker attack stat. I'll see what my catches are for Route 3 and Melemele Meadow before making my decision.
>>
>>30341890
All I'll say is that the Bulk and Typing of Golbat/Crobat can potentially make or break a fight in the future depending on your catches.

He'll make something REALLY easy.
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke8.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke8.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30341890
Alright so Route 3 got me Cutiefly, which I'm glad for because I had a chance to use one in my Sun playthrough so I know it's good. Melemele Meadow, however, gave me Oricorio. Basically stuck with Flying type STAB only until LV 40.

>>30341993
I know it's bulky and, considering I pulled Stacey, I'm probably going to run Terry on the team anyway even though Stacey's stats are actually higher than Terry's despite being 2 levels lower.

At this point, I think I'm going to drop Stacey in the box as backup, but I'll decide tomorrow. For now, I'm done playing for today.
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke9.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke9.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30342362
Actually I lied, one more update:

I almost forgot about Seaward Cave as an encounter I can get, so now I've got Curly in the list as well.

Right now, I think my team that I'm gunna train up is going to be Archi, Mary, Terry, Oberon and Curly.
>>
File: nuztemplate.png (177KB, 1136x2728px) Image search: [Google]
nuztemplate.png
177KB, 1136x2728px
update

just kicked silvers ass
>>
>>30342596
thats a big template
>>
>>30341866
Nah, go for it. I only did it for myself because I like having my run's info organized, but I'm okay with other people using it

I also realized I forgot to report in my final catch. It was a female Sneasel on Mount Lanakila named Shaula. Not that it matters anyway, since I didn't even use it, but just throwing it out there
>>
>>30311875
I too, also enjoy AssResist
>>
>>30345309
I enjoy Ass
>>
>>30346571
I enjoy bumping /nzg/
>>
ded
>>
>>30349462
Just like half of the shit I caught in my latest Nuzlocke
>>
>>30349605
damn son
>>
>>30349671
SM are suprisingly though to Nuzlocke senpai
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke10.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke10.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30342499
Picking up where we left off, I suppose my choice was pretty much made for me. Oberon and Terry both died while training, but at least Curly's been putting in the finest of work.

Now I'm gunna wrap up the trainers on Route 3, then it's off to fight Hala.
>>
>>30350718
>two ghosts against hala

you'll be fiiiine

only makuhita knows fake out and that wont oneshot anyone
>>
Where do you lads get the VBA?
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke11.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke11.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30350718
Hala's down, nearly lost Mary to Hala's Mankey with Pursuit but we pulled through. After, we just added David the Roggenrola onto the squad from Ten Carrat Hill. Kinda worried about the Weak Armour ability, but getting Sandstorm with Gigalith later could be interesting.

Now we're ready for Akala Island next.
>>
>>30353143
why aint u using oricorio
>>
ok guys. First time nuzlocke, making sun after beating moon the vanilla way.

I've heard this region is gonna be hard, playing with no exp share no free switch after koing a pokemon and with the shiny clause.

But because I want to maximize my options, i'm checking bulbapedia for the spawn rates and the locations of the pokemon i want to be my "first" after I enter a new area, like crabrawler.

Till now i'm having a blast, just found my first grimer (hoped for a meowth, but still, grimer is a good pokemon).
Shame i had a litten +s.def -att, but I love him and I want to protect him.
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke12.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke12.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30353143
Made it to Akala, went to get my first capture, and Rocky the Mudbray joined my team, but killed Curly in the process.

>>30354532
On top of not particularly liking Oricorio, she's not getting non-Flying STAB until level 40 with Revelation Dance.
>>
File: RetroArch-1129-194258.png (18KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1129-194258.png
18KB, 480x432px
goddammit

second encounter of the route (after a fucking nidoran which i had to capture)

never trained yanma before
>>
File: Emlocke 2.jpg (362KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Emlocke 2.jpg
362KB, 1552x1015px
Well, here we are.

I am more than aware that most of my team out-levels the starting four, but I used Wallace as a sort of marker and even then it's a grueling ride - I'm most worried about Drake, perhaps even more than Wallace. Every team member here has their role, but you know what they say about no plan surviving first contact.

So many runs tried and failed, and now, the League. Now or never, and 56-57 is a good spread. Let's see how this goes.
>>
File: Emlocke 2.jpg (357KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Emlocke 2.jpg
357KB, 1552x1015px
>>30357162

Well, uh.

Didn't remember that Glalie had Explosion, and I thought that Raichu outsped a paralyzed Kingdra even with +2 Dragon Dance and she got body-slammed to death. At least Magneton followed it up with a OHKO crit Thunderbolt after a Full Restore.

Facing Wallace with four Pokemon is a bit daunting, and though I do have counters and checks it's a bit dicey. Still, I can't back out now. Win or fall out trying.
>>
And there we go!

Magneton took out Wailord before there could be a Rain Dance set-up, OHKOed Gyarados, and then what worked for Juan worked all over again as Whiscash's relatively ineffective moveset allowed Breloom to bulk up, and despite not being the most accurate move a four-fer of successive Sky Uppercuts plowed through Whiscash, Milotic, Ludicolo and Tentacruel, resistances be damned.

Feels good - first proper clearance, and I'm eager to see what Platinum offers.

One Nuzlocke won! Onto the next.
>>
File: RetroArch-1129-211019.png (21KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1129-211019.png
21KB, 480x432px
Finally i have a six pokemon team after god knows how many failed runs

Seems like not posting charts is bringing me luck

Still can't keep the goddamn zubat alive to turn into even a golbat though. Would be so useful against morty...
>>
>>30359009
I can't identify half of those by the sprites

>Voltorb
>Magikarp
>Nidoran?
>Nidoran?
>Geodude
>Oddish

Bruh
>>
>>30360283
magnemite, chinchou, vulpix, nidoran male, geodude and bayleef

nice guesses tho fann
>>
>>30357836
>that font

What with nuzlocke templates and horrible fonts? don't you guys want us to read the stuff or something?
>>
File: Complex Crystal 1.jpg (946KB, 1680x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Complex Crystal 1.jpg
946KB, 1680x1280px
Well, I wasn't enjoying my red 151 hack nuzlock so i'm on to Pokemon Complex Crystal. Just gotta do some minor tweaks to the Template. I also decided to go with totodile instead of cyndaquil.
>>
>>30361873
whats pokemon complex crystal? only heard of polished crystal as a good GSC hack
>>
>>30361933
I just googled pokemon crystal romhack and wound up to it. Fixes level curves, adjusts opponents and other stuff. But the important thing for me was that all pokemon we're available w/o the use of a randomizer (Just don't feel like doing a randomizer)

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291295
>>
Do you turn off the EXP share?
>>
>>30362530
of course

if i wanted to play easy mode i wouldnt nuzlocke
>>
>>30360283
Cringeworthy
>>
File: Template Woo.png (436KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Template Woo.png
436KB, 1552x1015px
Just finished wiping the floor with Team Plasma and getting my catch. Good shit. Aron's nice but.. it always dies before it makes it to evolving ;; Oh well. Maybe this time..
>>
lost my lanturn and my starter

please give me words of strength
>>
>>30366219
Avenge them
>>
>>30366219

Show no mercy. Death to all who dare get in your way!
>>
File: Mfw.png (13KB, 384x286px) Image search: [Google]
Mfw.png
13KB, 384x286px
When you get an amazing capture and an amazing TM for it but.. they're not compatible

;-;
>>
>>30367265
tuff break man
>>
FUCK YOU LUSAMINE.
just lost heres the story:
>be me
>pack 25 about super potions with 10 hyper potions before entering Po Town.
>Get passed that without using many potions.
>Not restocking before heading to Aether Foundation.
>Run out of potions after Guzma.
>Couldn't leave to go buy more.
>Entire team gets BTFO by Lusamine.
Going to continue with shitty box mons.
Too many cutscenes and time wasted to restart a run.
>>
>>30368460
>pack 25 about super potions with 10 hyper potions before entering Po Town.
Just gonna assume you meant *pack about 25
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke13.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke13.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30356593
Bumping with another update, got my catch from Paniola Ranch as a Lillipup, trained Jetta up to catch her up to the others, and now we move on to Route 5 after I finish clearing up the ranch's trainers.
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke14.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke14.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30370694
One more update, got the Eevee egg from the daycare, and I caught Felix the Butterfree (as a caterpie) on Route 5, but unfortunately Mary got KO'd against the Ace Trainer Duo with the Rufflet/Vullaby combo. Gonna keep the spot open for now, just to see what I get out of Brooklet Hill's capture, but we're still trucking on.
>>
File: 1477847679223.png (161KB, 368x372px) Image search: [Google]
1477847679223.png
161KB, 368x372px
>>30368460
>he uses items in battle
>>
About to start a third Nuzlocke of Moon
JUST BEAT A NUZLOCKE OF SUN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thinking of going Rowlett again this time
I could post pics with my phone but not sure how welcome thats gonna be
>>
>>30372286
Gonna take 8 years for the fucking cutscenes but starting up Pokemon Moon Nuzlocke now
>>
File: MoonNuzlocke15.jpg (3MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MoonNuzlocke15.jpg
3MB, 2400x1800px
>>30372235
One last update before bed, caught Cambridge the Wishiwashi and Evo the Eevee hatched from the egg. Gonna be aiming for Espeon or Umbreon, preferably Espeon but at least Umbreon has that bulk.
>>
File: Complex Crystal 2.jpg (957KB, 1680x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Complex Crystal 2.jpg
957KB, 1680x1280px
>>30361873
The hexagons we're pissing me off... But now i'm happy with the template, Time to actually play the game.
>>
anyone got a template for Sun and Moon?
>>
>>30373196
there are a few on this thread
>>
File: Complex Crystal 3.jpg (1MB, 1680x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Complex Crystal 3.jpg
1MB, 1680x1280px
>>30372889
I thought abillities came in gen 2, so in hindsight, I could have kept the hexagon theme going.

>Fought rival 'McCunt'
>Captured a full team of pokemon; need to grind
>Made it to Violet city

Not a lot of progress.
>>
File: 1.png (3MB, 1834x1433px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
3MB, 1834x1433px
>>30372650
I suck balls with Sai these days but now we're up and running, just picked Rowlett

Running standard rules with only another one added:

Faints = Dead
Name everything
Dupes - Gonna skip mons from evolutionary lines i've already got something in and try again on the route until something new pops up
>>
File: Nuzlocke SM.jpg (243KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Nuzlocke SM.jpg
243KB, 1500x2000px
So I made it past Lusamine and masterball'd Solgaleo. Didn't even think I'd get this far desu, nor that no one would die. What level should I grind to for the Elite 4?

Also I'm guessing their types will be the remaining Z-crystals? Flying, Ice, Steel and Psychic?
>>
>>30375389
Fighting, Ghost, Flying, and Rock Their highest level on each team is 55 or 56, the last guy has 58 as a highest.
>>
>>30375389
Lv 56 is a safe level in general
>>
>>30375635
BUT THEN WHERE ARE THE Z-CRYSTALS EGGMAN
YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE Z-CRYSTALS

Also I'm thinking the Ghost guy will be my end cause I have zero Dark Pokemon left. Guess I'll have to overgrind Owlive and try to oneshot everyone first or something.
>>
>>30375923
flying is hidden behind a strength rock you need machamp
you get steel during the main story nigga what are you doing? you fight sophocles brother which was the steel captain and he gives it to you
doesnt olivia give you the fucking rock stone or something?
dont remember where i got ice tho
>>
>>30311765
Fucker wiped me last night...
>tfw only super effective move was Pangoro's bulletpunch

Did NOT expect it to outspeed my 107 speed Crobat. So yeah, RIP...
>>
>>30375973
Oh yeah I got Steel, my bad. Didn't find Flying then and I'm missing out on Ice and Psychic.
>>
>>30375973
Icium Z is on an altar on Mount Lanakila
>>
>>30376028
Psychic is somewhere inside Heina Desert on an altar too
>>
>>30376045
>Heina Desert
wut? where's a desert anywhere?
>>
>>30376653
By Tapu Village
>>
File: 1155522302.webm (377KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1155522302.webm
377KB, 704x528px
>Gladion battle out of nowhere
>he brings out Weavile
>Dark/Ice? guess I'll keep Carbink in
>uses Metal Claw
>mfw

Had him since the first island and he tanked so many hits for me including a Flash Cannon from Totem Komo-o. This one he couldn't take.
>>
While I wait a couple of days for my Sun to get home (already played Moon), I'll post my wonderlocke idea.

I'll have to wait until I reach to Trainer's School but whatever, I'm reading the pasta and throwing what I intend to do so you may suggest whatever you think may improve the experience.

- Standard catch rules, Wonder Trade it until I get a non-duped pokemon. Max Level is equal to the max level pokemon at the time.
- Event pokemon (Munchlax, egg eevee, anything you don't throw a ball to catch it) must be boxed and pretend it never happened.
- Faint = Dead
- No Exp. Share.
- No Pokémon Refresh or using items during a battle. I may give berries to pokemon though. Emulating competitive rules or whatever.
- No pokemon can be 5 levels lower than my max leveled mon.
- Battle: Set, used to do that since I started playing pokemon anyways.

So that's what I have so far. I hope I don't get a starter team of Abra, Magikarp and co.
>>
>>30375152
Dropping the template since i cant be assed to update it

spent a good bit of time grinding on Route 1 and got my catch of a Caterpie

Now i'm leaving the route and have a level 12 Rowlett and a level 10 Butterfree
>>
>>30377449
>Dropping the template since i cant be assed to update it
weaksauce
>>
>>30378150
I am
>>
>>30378376
First step of overcoming a problem is recognizing it exists
>>
>>30378376
Nigga, I ain't reading your shit, if you don't btoher with a nice chart
>>
>>30379303
what he said
we're visual people yo
we like pretty pictures n shitz
>>
Can we all agree nuzlock general is best thread of /v/
>>
File: worst starter worst meme.png (35KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
worst starter worst meme.png
35KB, 480x320px
>>30379550
it's so good that it only lives once or twice in a month

/vp/ can't handle all the great things this general brings to the board
>>
File: 1.png (972KB, 964x717px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
972KB, 964x717px
>>30379540
>>30379303
>>30379130
tough crowd but you got it
Update after taking on Hau
>>
>>30379550
Nuzlocke generals are pretty comfy when they survive for more than 4 hours
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-30+at+10.04.18).jpg (304KB, 1324x718px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-30+at+10.04.18).jpg
304KB, 1324x718px
>>30379540
Making the templates is my favorite part of nuzgen
>>
>>30379896
Man I wish I hadn't lost the templates I did of my White 2 and Omega Ruby Nuzlocke. I only have my Pokémon Sun left
>>
File: 16-002.jpg (1MB, 2450x2000px) Image search: [Google]
16-002.jpg
1MB, 2450x2000px
>>30379896
>Making the templates is my favorite part of nuzgen
iktf

dont even know why i bother, but i still do

also god damn my team is full of useless shit
>>
>>30376890
>No pokemon can be 5 levels lower than my max leveled mon.
what's the point of this rule
>>
Are S/M as brutal to nuzlocke as they say?
>>
>>30381728
Just to discourage having an imbalanced team / encourage training if something good comes through WT.
>>
>>30381772
2nd islands nuzlockes have the potencial to fuck your shit up depending on how your team matchups

Personally I found the hardest Nuzlocke ever, even worse than Nuzlocking BW2 on Hard Mode. Fights like Guzma and Lusamine in Ultra Space are also tricky
>>
>>30381820
>Personally I found the hardest Nuzlocke ever, even worse than Nuzlocking BW2 on Hard Mode
nah
>>
>>30361277

Eh, the template's very old. I'm thinking I'll use that template posted in this thread for Platinum onwards.
>>
File: Water Trial Done.jpg (198KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Water Trial Done.jpg
198KB, 1280x800px
Going into Moon blind and seriously, fuck Akala.

Lost Yuri and Veronica to Sina's Glaceon, lost Sokka to that Vullaby-Rufflet double battle on route 5 and then lost Tutu to a fucking Sudowoodo flail on route 6.

If Akala doesn't claim Yungsoo as well, what the hell should I evolve him into? Already got enough affection for Espeon/Umbreon.
>>
>>30383124
>what the hell should I evolve him into?
male sylveon
abuse that boipussy
>>
>>30381772

Biggest problem for me is that pokemon are simply harder to catch. They can call for help in S/M meaning that you'll be fighting two wild pokemon at once. You can't throw a pokeball while there are two enemies on screen so you have to eliminate the re-enforcements before proceeding with the catch. Problem is that calling for help doesn't take an action and there is no limit to the number of times that they can call for help. So an enemy can attack and call for help every single turn. The call might fail and no help will show but it seems to me like the odds are 50/50. I've already lost two team members to this shit. It is much harder to account for random crits or status ailments when facing two opponents.

I had one tentacruel call for help seventeen times. He called every single turn and succeeded every single time. I would oneshot the help but he would just call more. This meant that for seventeen turns I couldn't throw a pokeball to catch the bastard. Why there isn't a limit on the number of times a wild mon can call for help I don't know.
>>
>>30383408
>Why there isn't a limit on the number of times a wild mon can call for help
because people chain them for shinies/HA

should be something that only happened when you used adrenaline orbs, sure, but gamefreak is stupid and hates everyone
>>
File: PlatinumLocke.jpg (240KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
PlatinumLocke.jpg
240KB, 1552x1015px
>>30382828

Well, not so much a matter of templates as fonts, I guess. Have a nice clean designer font that I'm sure you'll know.

Anyhow, not the earliest start, but here's Platinum, and it's just the starting grind - keeping to my Emerald rules. Accidentally ran from a Geodude in Oreburgh Gate, but there's plenty of those in the mine.

Catching a Machop outside Oreburgh would be neat, but I'll see what happens. I'd say Roark won't cause problems, but the last Rock leader I faced killed my starter, so let's not jinx things.
>>
>>30383600

...Goddamn it, put Bidoof in the wrong space. Well, next update.
>>
File: RetroArch-1130-162600.png (20KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1130-162600.png
20KB, 480x432px
Fucking hell
Almost got obliterated by a psychic trainer
I really need a dark pokemon
>>
>>30383628
bidwoof
>>
File: PlatinumLocke.jpg (245KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
PlatinumLocke.jpg
245KB, 1552x1015px
Well, time for Roark. I'm mostly focused on future catches, and that Geodude is a solid catch for Jupiter when I get there, but for the moment, time to deal with some Rock-types.
>>
File: PlatinumLocke.jpg (245KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
PlatinumLocke.jpg
245KB, 1552x1015px
So, about jinxes.

>Deal with Onix and Geodude just fine
>Cranidos comes out, Leers Psyduck, and outspeeds and heabutts her to death in an incident that might have been avoidable
>Send out Piplup to try and wear him down, but he still has the speed advantage, flinches him twice, and I move to send out Staravia to heal him up
>Forgot that Cranidos had Pursuit

Thank god for Intimidate and Growl on Staravia's behalf, I guess.

So yeah. This was messy. I'm not too fussed about finding another Water type since I can possibly get a Buizel soon, but goddamn. That was harsh, and probably avoidably so to some extent.

Well, least there's Geodude to level.
>>
I thought Zygarde 50% could cheat Hapu with Dragon Dance, and set up six times, but I only managed to get for and eventually lost it to Mudsdale as I couldn't OHKO it even with four Dragon Dances, but at least that allowed Whimsicott to revenge it. It was a huge role in the team, and now Zygarde is gone.

Vast Poni Canyon was irritating, lots of close calls and I'm glad I turned the Exp Share on here, helps with grinding the Gastrodon replacement as well, which I almost managed to lose after it got Roared in and affected by Stealth Rock - literally 1HP left. The weird thing is, almost all of my deaths have been in one team slot, like it's cursed.

Totem Kommo wasn't bad. Protect against my Fairy Z move was unexpected, but it didn't fully protect. The Scizor it summoned then was stupidly low levelled as well. In fact, that whole Totem fight felt underlevelled and very rushed. Like they're trying to rush you to the end of the game. That's the feel I get from Vast Poni Canyon onwards.

Next time, the Altar of the Sunne.
>>
>>30386706
>using legendaries
>using exp share

animegirlvomiting.bmp
>>
>>30386862

>wanting to grind for 6 years
>implying Zygarde is broken
>>
>>30375992

It has 96 Speed, which is decent, but is also gets the +1 all-stat Totem boost which is why it could outspeed your Golbat.
>>
File: 1346293418682.gif (256KB, 300x177px) Image search: [Google]
1346293418682.gif
256KB, 300x177px
>>30312001

>relying on a hold item with a 10% chance of activating
>EZ
>>
>>30327786

Wishiwashi is a one-time nuke? With 130/130 defenses?

Wishi would always tank 2-3 hits minimum before dropping below 25%, and I usually had it hold a Sitrus Berry. I don't consider growing berries to break any "no shopping rules" for nuzlocke.
>>
File: Ze Template.png (604KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Ze Template.png
604KB, 1552x1015px
Made it to er.. Nacrene? City. Gonna grind then hit the gym n stuff.

I've got fossils to revive too. In randomizers I tend to count each fossil variety as an extra encounter, if I happen to get them, and I've got Skull, Dome and Armor atm so we'll see what those yield later.
>>
>>30387865
randomized items too? seems pretty lenient if not, some games have way too many fossils
>>
>>30388345

It states in my template that items are randomized, yes. I wouldn't bother with that rule if they were. As it is, it's basically only one of each fossil, and only if I happen to find one among the hundreds of randomized items laying around.
>>
File: Easy Peasy.png (25KB, 383x287px) Image search: [Google]
Easy Peasy.png
25KB, 383x287px
She had a Smeargle and a Magneton. Wasn't hard with my plethora of fighting coverage.
>>
File: 1.png (972KB, 964x717px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
972KB, 964x717px
>>30379674
>route 1 is still going
About to head to trainers school, only update is levels
Got Stun Spore and Sleep Powder so catching should be way easier in the future
>>
>>30386654

And this basically all ended very badly in Eterna Forest. Without a counter to Gardenia I was pretty much screwed - still, no shame in starting over. Learning experience after staying out of Platinum for so long.
>>
>>30390479
Did you use the "Pikipek" clause for Route 1?
>>
>>30392490
>>30392490
not having to deal with a forced encounter? yeah
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.