[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else get a fucking close call beating the elite 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 1480217397460.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480217397460.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
Did anyone else get a fucking close call beating the elite 4 and the prof?
I loved the fucking amazingly awesome part where every pokemon other than my main was knocked out. Machamp was my last one standing, and was also my main lad.
>>
>>30307815
>my Tsareena's clutch Bloom Doom to OHKO his Primarina
I mean, it mostly knows Special moves and none of them are Ice, and Tsareena probably could have tanked a Hydro Vortex, but we were both at our last Pokémon and will hype at the time.
>>
>>30307964
*was hype
>>
>>30307815
Yeah, it specially since my party only has one mon for Flying types. Though, it would've been significantly easier without them using Z-moves, it's basically a One-hit-KO unless you're resistant.
>>
>>30307815
I only had problems with Kahili because my only electric moves I had were on my Magnezone, which she had pokemon specifically to take care of it

>her Mandibuzz uses Bone Rush which kept hitting 4 times in a row
>her Oricorio's fire type Revelation dance
>>
>>30307815
I felt obliged to bring Nebby, but didn't want to use it, so he was there as a cheerleader and I instantly reset if my other 5 were knocked out.

Taking on Kukui with only 5 underleveled Pokemon was hard as fuck, and it was great, aside from Nebby I only had a low health Pikachu by the end. Even just the Elite 4 had me barely pulling off a win sometimes.

Playing on set/no exp share also
>>
>>30307815
I went in under leveled to test the waters. Got really far so I saved at the 4th member and realized I had no revives or good healing items left. I some how managed to beat his final pokemon with the last pp of my Tsareena's high jump kick. I think my lowest mon was a 48 Ribonbee and my highest was a 52 Lycanroc. One of the better Elite 4 experiences.
>>
Took me about four tries to beat Kukui since all my pokes were around level 50 thanks to not using an exp share

Fuck it was hard, I basically won by laying stealth rock and poisoning shit with Salazzle while stalling, also had Sandslash use the steel Z-move to knock out Lycanroc in the beginning before it could lay down its own stealth rock because it kept fucking my team
>>
>>30308413
>thanks to not using an exp share
Your fault. Exp Share is actually fair this time with gen 5 exp system.
>>
>>30307815
That feel when
>Final battle, last pokemon on my team stands up, Sandslash
>Kukui's Magnezone looking at me, already thinking he has won
>Almost lost my will to fight
>Magnezone used thunder
>"Heh, well, you win kuku-"
>Sandslash take the hit and resists for me
>He uses earth Z-move
My bro is my bro and it's irreplacable from the first beggining I've been playing pokemon in my life. Since I started playing pokemon, he never failed me, and helped in my hardest battles, and almost made me proud of him even if we lose.
>>
>>30307815
>Using a shit-ton of healing items since my Pokemon were underleveled due to not using EXP share.
I kind of felt guilty but in the end I did it.
>>
>>30309368
>it didn't use flash cannon
Liar detected
>>
File: finale.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
finale.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>30307815
Hala was the hardest because i had nothing to counter Fighting. Damn Hariyama and Poliwrath.

Then came Kukui....i never used so many items in a Pokemon game before. I had to waste like 20 turns healing Araquanid(bullshit that Moonblast is 15PP) because it was the only one who didn't get shotted by Primarina's Moonblast. She died when Moonblast ended and a Z-move came, but got enough time for Kommo-o to kill Primarina. Only Magnezone remained, got Sky Uppercut'd once and killed the rest of my team, except Incineroar who wasn't at full health and paralyzed. The next move determined everything.

Incineroar took the hit like a champ, getting me enough time to revive Kommo-o and finish off Magnezone.
It was awesome.
Then later i got to Dexio and he, like Hau did when i arrived on the third island, ravaged my anus with Raichu. I have nothing for it or fighting types.
>>
>>30307815
Fighting the E4 this time was like being 10 all over again and being pretty new/inexperienced with Pokemon with the struggle that they gave.
>>
my no items run took me a couple dozen tries

I think my pokemon went from level 46 to ~63 during those runs. I expected it to come down to a 1 v 1 at the end against kukui, because that's typically just how no healing runs go when you finally get over the hump, but I actually got through with a couple of pokemon to spare.
>>
I was really not prepared for how tough it was. I went in a bit underleveled because where the hell do you grind exp in this game, and wasn't expecting to use many restoratives so I only had the 3 Max Revives Hau gives you, plus around 5 normal ones, and a handful of Max Potions. By the time I got to Kukui I was out of restos with 4 Pokemon fainted.
>>
>>30307815

His Snorlax was the one that gave me trouble.
I didn't even realize until he sent that thing out that not a single one of my mons knew an offensive fighting move.
>>
>Came down to Tsareena vs Snorlax
>High jump kick, it tanks it, body slams her down to 30hp
>Kukui full restores it, Trop kick takes it down to 70% health
>Know that if high jump kick hits, I win, and if it misses, I'm out

The tightest moment, especially when it missed against one of the elite 4 and cost me tsareena in that fight.
>>
I had to turn snorlax into a toxic staller and spam potions because I didn't want to restart the whole thing
>>
I came so close to beating it, KO'd all of Kukui's pokemon, and then was completely walled by Bewear. I have never been so salty at Pokemon, before.
>>
E4 was pretty clutch. My entire team was 5-10 levels below them, but my Golisopod and Vikavolt pulled through when I needed them most.
Also Decidueye was a useless sack of shit the whole time.
>>
Magnezone gave me the most trouble in Kukui's team. I didn't have anything fast enough to stop Sneaky Pebbles from going up, so it was able to KO half my team pretty easily. Mimikyu and Golisopod were destroyed by its STABs while Pikachu and Vikavolt couldn't really hurt it back at all. Bewear was the only one that could win, but Thunderbolt combined with full para is bad news without an AssVest.
>>
>>30307815

I had gotten him down to his magnezone as his last mon, while i had my Nite-Roc out at half and Tsareena in the red. I wanted to switch to finish it off with HJK, but in case it had Sturdy, I let Lycanroc whittle it down to red. Imust have lost count of the full restores he used, because on the hit that was supposed to be the last, he healed it to full. I sacrificed Lycanroc to heal Tsareena, then ended it on two HJKs.

I had another close call when he switched in Decidueye on my Tsareena. I'd been tempted to do an HJK, but I was so glad I didn't. Seriously, that guy is the best final battle.
>>
File: machamp thumbs up win.gif (2MB, 540x288px) Image search: [Google]
machamp thumbs up win.gif
2MB, 540x288px
>>30307815
>Machamp was my last one standing, and was also my main lad
excellent taste, mate!
>>
File: IMG_1670.png (544KB, 527x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1670.png
544KB, 527x1920px
>>30313244
My nigga.

My Tsareena couldn't seem to hit shit with HJK, so it was a gamble telling her to go all in against Snorlax. Felt very tense, the E4 felt like a real challenge this time around.

My Incineror was mostly just a useless shit for the E4, most of the work was done by Mimikyu, Magnezone, and aforementioned Tsareena. GF did a good job planning ahead for shitters who just powerleveled their starter and thought it could carry them.
>>
>>30307815

>sweep random golfer with Toxapex
>sweep Hala with Ribombee
>Acerola put up a good fight, KO'd three of my mons
>Mudsdale wrecked Olivia
>go in to champion room with Mudsdale still in lead
>he proceeds to do a near sweep, only falling after bringing Magnezone to 1 hp and getting crit by flash cannon
>Bewear hammered it until Kukui ran out of full restores

gg no re
>>
File: incin.jpg (81KB, 1024x524px) Image search: [Google]
incin.jpg
81KB, 1024x524px
>Against Kukui
>My Raichu vs his Primarina, both at full
>She uses sparkling aria, I use thunderbolt, both at around 30%
>She uses Aqua Jet, Raichu faints
>Last pokemon each, Incineroar vs Primarina
>Both at around 30%
>She uses Aqua Jet, I think it's over
>Incineroar survives with like 6HP
>Z-Malicious Moonsault KOs

Made me feel like a kid fighting Blue all over again
>>
>>30307815

I didn't just have a close call.

I actually lost.
>>
File: IMG_1192.jpg (66KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1192.jpg
66KB, 500x375px
>Kukui's faggot Braviary uses Tailwind but gets KO'd
>his last Pokémon is Incineroar
>starts sweeping my team because of the Speed boost
>bring it down to low yellow health, Tailwind peters out
>eventually down to a 1v1 between my Decidueye and his Incineroar
>can't Brave Bird because it'll knock me out first
>can't heal forever with Roost or potions
>had the Decidium attached to my starter
>decide to go full shounen meme
>use Sinister Arrow Raid on Incineroar
>barely get the KO
>>
>>30313526

Decidueye saved my shit a bunch of times, same with muk balking the shit out of most things

>gets confused and kills itself early on on acerola
>still manage to pull through with decidueye
>>
>>30309135
Nah it's still pretty bullshit for most of the game, I turned it on and I was always at least five levels above every trial and trainer
>>
>>30310519
awful team.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.