[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon following your character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: follow.jpg (1MB, 2650x998px) Image search: [Google]
follow.jpg
1MB, 2650x998px
Why does literally every major monster capture rpg of the last 2 years let you have one of your monsters follow you except pokemon?
Pic related all have this feature in some kind
>>
pokemon go in balls
>>
>>30306904
Probably because they copied it from Pokemon.
>>
>>30306928
youkais go in a watch
digimon go in digital space
final fantasy monsters go in prisms

>>30306938
and than pokemon dropped it while every major franchise kept it because is afeature people appreciate
>>
>>30306904
I don't understand, wouldn't it be really easy for them to do it now? Every Pokémon has a model already, plus every animation you could ever want.

What could their reason be? You think it'd shit on the framerate in the overworld?
>>
>>30306904
because those 3 games you put on your pic has their mons compressed into small sizes whereas pokemon has transcended to 3d models and do you think wailord and groudon is doable?
>>
>>30307290
they shrunk wailords model though
>>
>>30307230
what are you talking about?
Both Digimon and WOFF have 3d models
>>
>>30307356
meant for
>>30307290
>>
to give you a choice, pokemon likes to not put emphasis on liking or using just one pokemon, that's why weak as shit pikachu is the mascot cause nobody would ever run a pikachu serious when there's things that do a way better job. Most of these games pair you with a mon that grows to be the most powerful on a god tier scale. pokemon wants you to use all pokemon and not settle on the one that can wreck ass on everything in game or the mascot starters. Competitive scene is barred from this logic though
>>
Cyber Story is actually a lot more enjoyable when you hide digimon following you, since otherwise you're always waiting for the models to appear/disappear when you warp from one map to another
>>
>>30306904
Because there's already more than 800 Pokémon, 1600+ if you count Shinies, and who knows how many more counting forms, gender differences and all that shit, whereas (I don't really know but I'll make a guess, I might be wrong) the other games probably don't even have as many monsters as HGSS did
But Game Freak could at least let the starters follow the player, and Pikachu because it's fucking Pikachu, but I don't think it'll happen any time soon (if ever) since Amie/Refresh is a thing now
>>
>>30307383
are you retarded?
What you said is not relevant to the question and even if it was pokemon literally has a god pokemon and uber legendaries while World of Final Fantasy makes it almost mandatory to use all kind of sized monsters for your party and digimon has every a ultimate level for pretty much every digimon you like.

>>30307409
that is because of shit map design and a long "get in place for the 5th consecutive teleport" animation.

>>30307552
they literally have the model and animation for the full array of all pokemon, variants and shiny.
>>
>>30307647
They still have to animate them all to walk and they're apparently too lazy for that even tho they all have attack animations, and then there's shit like Magikarp and Myukuyyakjhafas that would just look stupid following the player, or Groudon and Celesteela that would end up being 1/10000000 of their actual size, and I don't think GF would want to "discriminate" or "favor" some Pokémon over others by having some follow the player and others not
>>
Because Gamefreak has been shit at optmization ever since they moved to 3D models. Their programmers are still trying to adapt, which is why shit lags so bad on the 3DS

The reason it was dropped in Gen 5 was because making models for a 150 Pokemon that you'd only have for 2 sets of games is not cost effective, since they were working on XY at the same time as BW.

You'll basically have to wait until probably the Tenth Generation for Pokemon being able to walk with you again
>>
>>30307882
Walking animation are probably an asset they already have and even if they don't a very big portion of pokemon doesn't need it any way

Shit like Magikarp was there in HGSS and it was fun, it also wouldn't look more stupid than it actually already is while in combat

Pokemon size for the bigger pokemon is already nerfed (look at wailord)

Discrimination was also already done because larger size pokemon couldn't get out in houses on HGSS
>>
>>30307647
I never said GF reasoning for not doing this made sense, I just listed the very probable reason of why they dont you fucking dipshit. like the user below you said, "GF wouldnt want to favor some pokemon being able to follow you over others" the emphasis is that they want you to consider every pokemon important equally and not exclude some based on size or model looks
>>
>>30308031
Out of those Pokémon that don't need walking animations are obviously most Flying types, and I honestly would rather not have anything than having fucking Xatu or Salamance hovering instead of flapping like they do on their battle stance
And as of Magikarp and some other shit like Lapras floating behind the player, it kinda worked with the sprites, but I feel like ever since the 3D transition they've been trying to make the games more "realistic", they're still failing big time to achieve Battle Revolution's scales with shit like Wailord but going from chibis in Gen VI to the models we have now in Gen VII proves my point
All in all I think they would only ever bring following Pokémon back if Yokai Watch and all that other shit raise in popularity and start "threatening" Pokémon to start pulling people back, RomotDex kind of proves this, but literally no one gives a shit about those other franchises outside of Japan, I didn't even know Medabots was still a thing until like a year ago
>>
>>30308543
I haven't heard of medabots since the early 00ies wow childhood flashback, weird how they're still making games but the show has long been dead
>>
File: Loleh.gif (466KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Loleh.gif
466KB, 480x270px
>>30306904
>YoKai Watch.
>>
>>30306938
>Probably because they copied it from Pokemon.
And Pokemon copied Yokai Watch to make SuMo.
>>
>>30306904
How is World of Final Fantasy? Looks like a better monster collecting game than Pokemon.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.