[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the only man that can save competitive Pokemon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Sakurai.jpg (8KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
Sakurai.jpg
8KB, 299x168px
This is the only man that can save competitive Pokemon.
>>
File: wow so fun.png (472KB, 625x960px) Image search: [Google]
wow so fun.png
472KB, 625x960px
Nothing can save competitive pokemon.
>>
>>30304696
After everything that happened in Smash 4 I'm surprised he didn't announce he's gonna fuck off for the rest of the series
>>
>>30304756
This shit bothers the hell out of me.
>>
>>30304756
Kudos to Andrea for not using mega mom
>>
>>30304800

i think we're getting one last hurrah with him for the inevitable Smash 4 switch remaster/port/etc.

complete with a S/M newcomer

but im crossing fingers and whatever i fucking can that fresh blood leads the series here on out
>>
>>30304756
>Kanga, Talonflame, and Smeargle were nerfed with gen 7 already.
Not seeing your point.
>>
>>30304756
>Clefairy
Everytime.
>>
>>30304862
Let's be real though the man still needs a vacation
>>
>>30304800
What happened? Its a successful competitive game that keeps getting new blood. People love it.

Unlike Pokemon where only the most autistic have a chance.
>>
>>30304928

his tone during interviews was much improved after the initial game launched.

probably a lot less time constraint/pressure when working on the DLC

easier to be passionate when youre working with names like Ryu Cloud and Bayonetta than having to shift through the endless slog of leftover Nintendo characters and slap a moveset on them
>>
File: 1419238480952.jpg (41KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
1419238480952.jpg
41KB, 351x359px
>>30304756
>Clefairy

What did I miss?
>>
>>30304696
This guys doesn't even care about competitive Smash. Why should he give a damn about competitive Pocket Monsters Sun and Moon for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DSXL and Nintendo 2DS and New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DSXL?
>>
>>30304756
>clefairy
Huh?
>>
>>30305189
>Why should he give a damn about competitive Pocket Monsters Sun and Moon for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DSXL and Nintendo 2DS and New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DSXL?

Game Freak needs to hire him for counseling.

He knows how to make a competitive game fun. His philosophy would be appreciated by all Pokemon players.
>>
>>30304696
>pokémon amie hax now occurs in wi-fi battles
>there's now a random chance that a slower pokémon will outspeed a faster one, same rate as crits
>wi-fi battles are now played on switch mode
>>
>>30304696
yeah bro

$50 DLC for old pokemon and a 10% chance for each pokemon to OHKO itself every turn is what competitive pokemon truly needs
>>
>>30305270
maybe he did 15 years ago but even the casual modes on smash 4 are pure garbage, like """classic""" and smash tour
>>
>>30304756
This is why I don't give a fuck about competitive. Everyone using the same strategy so it boils down to luck.
>>
>>30304756
>clefairy

explain this to me NOW
>>
>>30305336
He has never actually wanted Smash to be a competitive game.

Like, he helped put mechanics into the game so that people would understand that smash is not "intended" to be competitive.

I think a lot of people are understandably hurt by the guy but, honestly, he's just making a different game than the one a lot of competitive players want. I don't think Competitive pokemon really needs someone like that. Competitive pokemon would easily be saved with some simple balancing changes. That said, Pokemon isn't ever going to be a competitive darling. It's too simple.
>>
File: 1458161956860.jpg (18KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1458161956860.jpg
18KB, 500x376px
>>30304696
>save competitive Pokémon by putting the only guy on the planet who would want to make the game even more uncompetitive than it already is in charge
>>
>>30304876
How was Smeargle nerfed? I haven't heard anything about this.
>>
He is literally the reason jobber frog got pushed so hard. He went to GF and looked at all the new gen 6 mons and picked him for Smash because he looked cool.
>>
>>30306552
Dark Void now fails if a pokemon that isn't Darkrai tries to use it.

Also they went and nerfed its accuracy to 50% for some reason even though the first change means that just fucks over Darkrai.
>>
The only thing he'd do is nerf Greninja
>>
>>30306515
This.
>>
>>30304696
So you're saying Pokemon needs constant patches?

Smash 4 is now relatively balanced with a lot more viable characters than previous Smash games, but it only became that way after a ton of patches to nerf the crap out of the top tier, and numerous buffs to make the lower tier characters not worthless.
>>
>>30305285
Nah, he'd probably make it easier to get competitive pokemon, remove some complexity and make most pokemon have around the same stats so people can use their "bros" and still have a chance of winning.

That's what he did with Smash 4. Worked well.
>>
>>30306911
That too.

A good thing about Sakurai is that he actively nerfs OP strategies like Bowser suicide. That doesn't happen in Pokemon until the next gen, if it even happens.
>>
>>30305151
>>30305218
>>30305443
Friend Guard
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.