[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Necrozma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 10

File: necrozma.png (626KB, 806x536px) Image search: [Google]
necrozma.png
626KB, 806x536px
So what exactly is this thing and what purpose does it serve in the game?

It's not a standard Ultra Beast because of regular pokeballs working on it, and it's placement in the game seems like GameFreak just threw it in the game and called it a day, none of the NPCs talk about it (except for Looker) and it's instantly forgotten about afterwards when you catch it despite it being a really mysterious pokemon

What do you think of it?
>>
It's a legendary. That's it.
>>
Sequel bait.
>>
It's a dead cosmog.
>>
>>30303154
This, really.
>>
Third Legendary that's hardly important in the first games but gets new forms in later installments

They're even setting up another form since its torso is a dragon skull.

Also it's a dead cosmog or something.
>>
regular pokeballs work on the ultra beasts though.. i caught one of the Pheromosa in a Ultra Ball
>>
>>30303172
That's how I see it
>>
>>30303226

All Pokeballs are 1x on Ultra Beasts. OP means they function as normal on Necrozma.
>>
>>30303226
This. They totally work on UB's, it's just that they work LESS well than normally. The Beast Balls work better on UB's, conversely, and can be used on "normal Pokemon", too!
>>
The lore on Poni Island states that in ancient times, he came through a portal and started fucking shit up, and defeated even the Tapus. He absorbed all the light in Alola and was going to destroy the region, but then Solgaleo/Lunala show up and kick his ass, which is why he's stuck underground.
>>
>>30303278

They can be used on normal mons but its a 0.1x multiplier.
>>
It's a bonus legendary. Why is /vp/ having such a problem with this? I swear I've seen about 6 different threads on this topic in the past few days.
>>
>>30303313
What about Guzzlord? He also appeared from that same portal in ancient times.
>>
>>30303313

Where is this lore located?
>>
>>30303154
This desu
Wouldn't be surprised if it's on the box of stars
>>
>>30303109
It's an evolved Cosmog that stayed outside the UB Dimemsion for too long.

The method of evolving Cosmog to Necrozma is currently unknown.

The only hints being a Dead or Dying Star and a Prism refracting light based on Necrozma's name, appearance, and moveset.
>>
>>30303317

He's the Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem/Zygarde of this gen.

He's a hint of what's to come.
>>
>>30303109
A while ago I predicted that the third legendary would be Psychic/Dragon since
>All Thirds had been Dragon Type
>Giratina and Kyurem share the types their respective duos share (Even though that type is also Dragon)
And if this whole "Dragon Skull Torso=New form for the sequel" plays out and we get Psychic/Dragon Necrozma, I guess I'll have been right.
>>
>>30303358
Yeah just like Zygarde was on the box of Z... oh wait
>>
>in tenat carat hill with a max repel on, looking if there's any items past the grass

>Encounters this guy

WOAH, WHAT THE FUCK!?
>>
>>30303435

Zygarde still got something in a follow up game. Not much but it's something.
>>
>>30303109
Looks like a dinobot. Guessing it'll get some sort of alt-form in the next game.
>>
>>30303468
Zygarde got an entire anime arc. Hopefully Necrozma gets more of an in-game treatment.
>>
>>30303317
I believe everyone is trying to fit it into their headcanon, but I see it as yet another Gen I pandering:
>Post-game "out of the blue" super-powerful psychic type, supposedly with a lot of DEEPEST LORE
But it's just kind of "there" for you to catch. It's Mewthree.
>>
>>30303349
I don't remember. It was part of the main story and was told by a character. It may have been the third island actually.

They never mention this dude by name but if you were already spoiled to Necrozma and his light eating nature, it's pretty obvious they were talking about him
>>
>>30303427
I'm hoping that's the case. A black prism dragon could be really cool.
>>
>>30303558
Yeah, I'd rather that Necrozma get more of the treatment that Giratina and Kyurem got. Zygarde feels mostly tacked-on to Sun and Moon, while the other two have more importance.
>>
>mfw Necrozma gets cucked and the box legendary of Stars is a third evolution for Cosmog
>>
>>30304188
>yfw Necrozma is an evolution of Cosmog
>>
Solgaleo's a male Cosmog, Lunala's a female Cosmog, and Necrozma is a dead Cosmog.
>>
>>30304325
They're genderless, you numbskull
>>
>>30304389
read the pokedex, bro.
>>
>>30304389
>He doesn't read the pokedex
>Literally a codex for Pokemon.

This fucking guy.
>>
>>30304427
>>30304499
I've read the pokedex entries but they still don't have genders when you look at their stat screens
>>
>>30304692
Well, it is a space thingy, it probably doesn't have biological sex the same way regular Pokémon do.
>>
>>30304740
that's probably the best explanation for it imo
>>
I wonder if there's any significance to all of its base stats being prime numbers

Probably not
>>
>>30303109
>it's placement in the game seems like GameFreak just threw it in the game and called it a day
>it's instantly forgotten about afterwards when you catch it

Are you talking about Necrozma?

Or are you talking about almost every single other postgame legendary in the (main two) games, like Giratina in DP, or even Rayquaza in RS?
>>
>>30304954

At least unlike every other third legendary, an NPC actually acknowledges it.
>>
>>30304389
Solgaleo is male and Lunala is female in a symbolic sense.

People from different cultures would attach sex onto celestial bodies. Look it up on Google and see for yourself.

Spanish also refers to the sun as El Sol and refers to the moon as La Luna.
>>
>>30303109
My personal theory is that Necrozma is the polar opposite to Zygarde, so yeah sequal bait seems like a good answer
>>
>>30303109
Some edgy thing they slapped on at the last minute to be in the next movie. Same with Marshadow.
>>
>>30303109
>it's placement in the game seems like GameFreak just threw it in the game and called it a day
Zygarde 2.0
>>
>>30303109
The third legendary

Are you a fucking underaged reddit loving newfag or something op?

This is how they handle every 3rd legendary in the base versions

Atleast Necrozma got a little more focus than others with looker reacting to it after you caught it
>>
>>30303154
Implying SuMo gets a sequel. It'll be Cuckzma threads for years, get ready.
>>
>>30303172
>dead cosmog or something
please stop with this autistic head canon. It's fucking retarded
>>
File: 3rdlegendary.png (714KB, 1371x903px) Image search: [Google]
3rdlegendary.png
714KB, 1371x903px
>>30303109
>>
>>30306005

At least Zygarde had his own little dungeon, room and overworld sprite. This dude just fucking shows up in patches of grass on the first island.
>>
>>30303562
you're an idiot
>>
>>30306005
Every 3rd legendary 2.0 you mean
>>
>>30303624
I think any antagonistic Pokemon hinted at in the lore is more likely to be Guzzlord, since its Japanese name is basically "evil king that eats disgusting things." Necrozma seems like a good guy/anti-hero if it's a corrupted Cosmoem evo.
>>
>>30303109
>Guz-zlord
>Necroz-ma

>Necrozzlord

IT'S YA BOI
>>
>>30303562
>>30303317
that only works if it was good in the first place like mewtwo

like giratina, it would have been okay to keep the way it was, but they gave it a new form to be nice

ever since then, the 3rd legendary has always been underpowered UU trash to get a new ubers form in the next game
>>
>>30306273
Huh, Guzzlord might have a possible connection with Zygarde due to the similarities in the caves they're found in. I wonder if he'll get anything in Stars/Whatever.
>>
>>30305011
>What is Kyurem

>>30306061
please stop with this autistic demand. It's fucking retarded.

It's possible that it's not literally dead, or not a cosmog, but it's psychic type, literally called the third legendary on the website address, has the name necro, and is not exactly related to the other UBs. It's not a head canon for these people, it's a guess.
>>
File: 1473986735131.png (142KB, 401x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473986735131.png
142KB, 401x300px
>third legendary
i dont know about that. it doesnt really fill out a trio with the other two box legends thematically. I believe it's another movie mon that will probably costar with Marshadow.
>>
>>30306453
>>30306084
>>
>>30306470
hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!
>>
>>30306061
It has Necro in its name.
It's the Giratina/Kyurem/Zygarde for Solgaleo and Lunala.
Necrozma is Psychic and both Solgaleo and Lunala are Psychic.
Both Solgaleo and Lunala evolve from Cosmog.

Put two and two together: It's an evolved Cosmog related to death or corpses.
>>
>>30306453
It's the 3rd legend. He shares his battle theme with Lunala and Solgaleo
>>
>>30306273
>Necrozma seems like a good guy/anti-hero
I hope not. For once I want a mascot legendary is more antagonistic than being the one to set things right.
>>
>>30306548
Isn't Kyurem kind of like that, or would they be more neutral?
>>
File: IMG_0699.png (82KB, 1300x892px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0699.png
82KB, 1300x892px
>>30303109
Necrozma is gladion
>>
>>30306453
Necrozma is Psychic. Cosmog is Psychic. Solgaleo is Psychic/Steel. Lunala is Psychic/Steel.
Necrozma has the same battle theme as Solgaleo/Lunala.
Necrozma has a Star on the back of its head.
Necrozma knows both Moonlight and Morning Sun.
Some shit about the sun radiating light, the moon reflecting light, and prisms refracting light.

It's the 3rd legendary.
>>
>>30303624
I don't remember this at all.

I only remember indirect mentions of a monster that ate Looker's team member when they were after it in Alola 10 years in the past. That is Guzzlord.
>>
>>30303109
3rd legendary, gonna have a plot revolving around both it and Marshadow for the gen 7 Switch game
>>
>>30306592
Kyurem is close, but it wad more like he was completely mindless while under Neo-Plasma's control.
>>
>>30306479
whoa ok it really could be the third legend

>>30306531
what if the necro is a reference to it coming from a plane/dimension/world of death and darkness? maybe ultra space is a red herring throwing people off to make fans think it's an ultra beast because it came from a portal.
>>
>>30303109
>that face tucked away in there
Has nobody thought of it to be some kind of weird Tapu? It even has the shell-like head piece and weird arms.
Maybe it was a Tapu that had it's island sink, or fell into a wormhole at some point.
>>
>>30306678
Marshadow is a mythical.
>>
>>30306718
>but it wad more like he was completely mindless while under Neo-Plasma's control.
No, he wasn't "mindless" he just didn't have control over his actions. He's shocked and saddened when Ghetsis orders him to Glaciate your ass.
>>
File: 800.png (55KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
800.png
55KB, 300x300px
>>30306453
The game is full of things connected to the theme of light. Hawaii = Rainbow state, Minior's colors represent the spectrum/ROYGBIV.
In the legendarys case, Sunlight, Moonlight(or lack of light), and the prism/color spectrum.
>>
>>30306801
>He's shocked and saddened when Ghetsis orders him to Glaciate your ass.
Where's your proofs?
>>
>>30306863
>Where's your proofs?
your search engine of choice
>>
It's a bit ugly compared to Solgaleo and Lunala. I hope it gets a better looking second form or isn't the box legendary.

Either way, the Alola legend makes me feel there is more to Cosmog than just turning into Solgaleo/Lunala.
>>
>>30306733
I don't see the Tapu resemblance. Look at his face closely in Refresh
>>
>>30306531
Never said it wasn't the 3rd legendary. Almost everyone knows it is. They use the same battle track.

It's not a dead cosmog though, this "theory" is stupid and you people need to stop spamming it everywhere
>>
>>30306733
Punished Tapu, a mon denied by his region.
>>
>>30306925
It's related to Cosmog regardless.
>>
>>30303109
Solgaleo is the sun and Lunala is the moon. Necrozma is the infinite blackness of space.
>>
Raquaza in the original gen 3 was a post game bonus on a shitty tower nobody in game really cared to mention.

Giratina was never talked about either, he was a creepy surprise motherfucker mon in turnback cave

Kyurem existed in the lore but when you find it it's literally a shell of it's former self hiding in a small cave making it's rather gruesome backstory hard to believe

Zygarde had not a single thing talking about it, Even the cave it was put in felt like an after thought.

Necrozma might actually be the worst one of them all, he's the only one in the group who doesn't even get an over world model. It would of been cool to come into the clearing of ant hill and see this big angry pokemon in the center just waiting for you to come take your ass beating but I guess they ran out of time.
>>
>>30306883
Well you're half right, but my original wish still stands. Necrozma better be a relatively antagonistic Pokemon that wants to absorb the light from Solgaleo/Lunala to achieve a more powerful form and, drunk on its power, proceeds to absorb all manner of light in the world before you intervene.
>>
>>30307193
But how do you integrate that to the story? It would need a massive rework unless it's a sequel. If it's a third version, the easiest would be for Cosmog to turn into it.
>>
>>30306899
If he does become a box legendary, they might make his alternate form a bit less bizarre looking. After all, Solgaleo and Lunaala do have more tame designs in comparison to the rest of the UBs.
>>
>>30306974
No.
It doesn't have to be directly related to Cosmog itself to be the third legend. Unlike Solgaleo and Lunala, it shares zero resemblences. It's connection will have something to do with light. See >>30306832
>>
So how would this game work in a sequel where both Solgaleo and Lulana are present? will Nebby get the choice of being either one or and the alter dimension one will actually evolve into the one he didn't become?
>>
>>30307352
How else to integrate it in the story without major reworks or making it post-game? The game is coming out next year. Not two years later unlike Emerald or Platinum. It won't have that many changes.
>>
>>30306832
I believe someone said the legendaries were the radiation, reflection, and refraction of light
>>
>>30307352
You sound like the fags that were in denial about Cosmog evolving into the legends after the datamine.

Necrozma being another member of the Cosmog family is the simplest explanation, especially when the game outright says that Solgaleo and Lunala created a Cosmog as a gift for the Alolan royal family, and we don't know what happened to it.
>>
>>30307376
>when Lusamine uses Nebby to open a portal to Ultra Space, it actually dies this time
>you travel to Altar of the Starre (or whatever the hell they'll call it this time) to bury it
>some bullshit happens and it becomes Necrozma
>>
>>30307376
Nebby will get an Eclipse form to fight Necrozma after Necrozma absorbs its parents.
>>
>>30307265
>unless it's a sequel
Well S/M has been dropping sequel hints throughout the game, some of them being similar to how BW1 left things off.
>>
>>30307480
I think Necrozma is the Cosmog the original Solgaleo and Lunala gave to the royalty.
>>
>>30307376

Obviously there's more than just 2 Nebbys.
>>
>>30305144
There's also the Yin and Yang. Yin represents feminity and also night (among many other things), Yang represents masculinity and daytime.
>>
>>30307463
Could there be multiple Cosmogs?
>>
>>30307537
I think Solgaleo and Lunala will appear already evolved and Nebby will turn into something else. Necrozma will be the original Cosmog given to the royal family.
>>
>>30307417
Unlike Emerald and Platinum we're in the age of models and textures. They won't have as much work to do.
>>
>>30307050
Necrozma = Necro Plasma = Dead Star = Black Hole
>>
>>30307577
There are at least 3, even if the last one isn't canon.
>ancient Cosmog
>Nebby
>parallel world Cosmog
>>
>>30307463
The Cosmog -> Cosmoem -> Solgaleo/Lunala line was obvious, I never understood the denial.
Necrozma isn't obvious at all, or in anyway other than that it's a prism which can go hand-in-hand with light from the SM legends
>>
>>30303468
It seems like with the description of Totems having Auras, Zygarde was meant to have a bigger role but got cucked
>>
If it's related to the Cosmog line I'm sure they're going to be dumb and hint at if when they officially reveal Cosmoem and Cosmog's secret.
>>
>>30303154
More like it will be zygarde 2.0

We won't see more about it until Gen VVIII
>>
>>30307840
>still in denial about Stars
Lol
>>
>>30303109
Diance is the princess

Necrozma is the Black Knight

Queen and King will be next.
>>
>>30307637

>Sorry, mom. I went to another world parallel to ours and brought back an interdimensional creature. Didn't think it was anything to write home about.
>>
>>30307728
Necrozma definitely has a connection to Solgaleo and Lunala as shown by previous post. In turn, both of them are the evolutions to Cosmog.

So it would be right to say Necrozma has some sort of connection with Cosmog. They're cousins at least.
>>
>>30304692
Reminder that Genderless is actually Gender Unknown, meaning people in the Pokemon world have no idea how to identify its sex, or if it's some bizarre species with no, one, or more that two genders. The dex is probably right on Solgaleo being Male and Lunala being Female, there's just no way for researchers to actually confirm it
>>
>>30305815
Pokemon Z and Pokemon Stars - Only for Nintendo Switch because we desperately need to sell this console
>>
>>30306548
Wasn't Giratina antagonistic? Dude only cared about his world getting wrecked, not yours, and you basically need to beat some sense into its head before it shits up both world from raging so hard
>>
>>30306724
Could also be a black hole. First form is a star, second is a black hole dragon. Not dead, but more that unchecked it would cause mass death
>>
>>30307637
Something I don't get is that that world is exactly like the other version

Except instead of being a Solgaleo/Lunala, there's just Cosmog

The hell happened there?
>>
NECROZMA IS FORBIDDEN TAPU
THATS WHY ITS A DRAGON HEAD
JUST LIKE THE BIRD/BULL/BUTTERFLY/SWORDFISH HEADS
STRANGELY COLORED FACE TOO
LINK BETWEEN TAPUS AND UB
>>
>>30307840
Gen 5-8? 5 8? 5.8?
>>
What if Necrozma and Zygarde are cover legendaries of next games?

That would be way more surprising and unique than just a third version or some remakes (of gen 1 or 4)
>>
>>30309044
>Lusamine overuses Nebby and opens up way more portals
>Nebby dies and turns into Necrozma
>Necrozma loses control
>Alola overrun with UB's
>Alola region goes to shit
>Zygarde scattered around the region instinctively merge with your cube
>Zygarde vs Necrozma and UBs
>>
>>30303154
Like Kyurem in gen 5 and Giratina pre platinum gen 4. Sequel bait.
>>
File: our boy.jpg (76KB, 759x478px) Image search: [Google]
our boy.jpg
76KB, 759x478px
>>30306048
strap in
>>
I know. At least Rayquaza had a role in RS. Third legendaries stopped doing shit in the first game pair by the time we hit Giratina.

As long as it doesn't get the Zygarde treatment it'll be good.
>>
>>30303109
So what do we know about him?

-It's jpg's name on the website lists it officially as the third legendary
-It's got a 600 BST, same as Zygarde in Terminus Cave
-In it's cry, it has the same Doublade-esque sound present in all other Ultra Beasts' cries, including Solgaleo's and Lunala's
-It's based on a prism and by extension the refraction of light, tying in to Solgaleo's generation and Lunala's reflection of light
-If it has its own location (Sky Pillar, Turnback Cave, Giant Chasm, Terminus Cave) it's likely to be Ten Carat Hill, which was formed by the seismic activity of an underwater volcano, and laid dormant for presumably ages until the protag found it.

Also:
>Solgaleo and Lunala are based on the generation and reflection of light
>Necrozma is a prism, the refraction of light, completing the trio
>Prisms are known to split white light into a spectrum of colors
>Pokemon Niji [Rainbow] was registered as a trademark a while back
>>
>>30309188
Rayquaza never really did anything. It was just sitting on top of Sky Tower post-game and left Groudon or Kyogre to wreck the region until you stepped in.
>>
>>30309132
It's a shame that Zygarde doesn't do anything in S/M's story at all. I could see it trying to assemble to fight the UBs after they get released and you have to actually fight it, but instead it's a "collect all the glowy things" sidequest.
>>
>>30309147
>Giratina and Rayquaza were good Pokemon in their debut games
>Kyurem at least had decent stats in its debut, the typing and movepool just sucked
>Zygarde gets 600 BST, same type as a Psuedo that is better than it
>Necrozema gets 600 BST, same typing as two mythicals that completely outclass it
>>
File: mpv-shot0009.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0009.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
>all pitch-black
>has a more alien and "un-pokemon" design than any of the UBs
>name has fucking "necro" in it

>it's mono-psychic and not an UB, also probably the box legend of the third game
>>
>>30309503
What are you saying? Besides Pheromosa the UBs look nothing like Pokemon, with the weirdest being Celesteela followed by Xurkitree.

Necrozma just looks like Gen 3 and Gen 4 Legendaries had a baby, especially with that generic god dragon face.
>>
>>30309718
>generic god dragon face
Where? I can't find a face anywhere.
>>
File: 02e.png (329KB, 680x596px) Image search: [Google]
02e.png
329KB, 680x596px
>>30309879
>>
>>30303109
it's a suit of sick dragon armor
>>
>>30306531
If Stard involves resurrecting a dead Cosmog into Necrozma in any way then the next games gonna be dark as fuck. Not like if Sun/Moon wasn't already.
>>
>>30309914
That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>30309718
>>30309914
Not what I meant, because I was refering to the triangular eyes plus facplate but that actually just supports my claim further.
>>
>>30309132
>Mech vs a black hole
Sounds cool
>>
File: eclipse forme.png (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
eclipse forme.png
1MB, 1280x960px
>>30309914
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.