[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were they scrapped Megas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 04.png (80KB, 600x474px) Image search: [Google]
04.png
80KB, 600x474px
Were they scrapped Megas?
>>
Probably Golem and Maaaaaaaaybe Exeggutor but the others are a bit hard to belive, especially with the heavy Hawaiian theming Dugtrio and Marowak have.
>>
Golem probably
>>
>>30297796
Dugtrio and Golem are such shit
>>
>>30298461
You're shit.

The only bad looking Alolan form is Marowak because they just made it thin and grayscale instead of giving it a spectral body coming out of a solid bone skull, which in itself is a cool ghost concept. They should have lit its eyes too.

At least it's really strong.
>>
>>30298548
>Dugtrio and Golem aren't shit
>Marowak is shit
Worst bait ever
>>
>>30298804
I agree marowak is my least favourite alolan mon because it's the only one that I think looks worse than the original
its arms are too long and thin it looks awkward
>>
>>30297796

Golem is the only one that could have been a Mega.
>>
not enough overdesigned shit to be megas
>>
>>30297796
Design-wise most are clearly side-grades, so no.
>>
I could see Exeggutor, and a Ghost-type Marowak's always seemed a no-brainer for Mega Evolution, but I really doubt it.

I know Masuda said that they're not really thinking about Mega Evolution right now, but I really doubt that. It's probably something they want to save for remakes. Other than the nostalgia factor and the occasional new form, there's not really a whole lot to market remakes on: you can't just introduce brand-new Pokemon mid-generation because of compatibility issues. Mega Evolution lets them have new Pokemon to sell the game without actually introducing new Pokemon. When DPP is remade, we'll probably get some new forms for Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, and then a plethora of Mega Evolutions for other Pokemon.
>>
>>30297796
I said this sometime bavk and people thought I was stupid. I think some of the alolan designs could've easily worked as mega evolution s. Specifically, Golem, Exeggutor, Raichu, Raticate and maybe Muk.
>>
>>30297796
Probably not sandslash. Definitely marowak, exegg, muk, golem, raichu and Dugtrio

My guess is they switched over relatively early and designed the rest after these 5.

>>30297831
>This mega stone is only found in alola!
Solves the problem
>>
>>30299694
>Compatibility

XY and ORAS aren't compatible
>>
>>30299048
It's apparently supposed to be skinnier. It actually does weigh less than regular Marowak, probably so it can spin that fiery bone more easily.
>>
>>30299048
It's meant to be that way, gaunt and skeletal.
>>
>>30301280
>>30301333
looks worse
>>
Golem and Muk probably
Dugtrio and Persian were most likely designed pretty late into development, based on how long it took for them to be revealed, so idk
>>
>>30297796
No way Sandslash is. It's such a dramatic departure from being a desert creature.
>>
>>30298548
I can understand if you think Alolan Marowak is bad, even the worst of the bunch, but saying it's the ONLY bad one is absolutely retarded.

>Dugtrio with hair hehe xd so funee
>Golem with what is, apparently, supposed to be some sort of magnet launcher just slapped onto the golem model. Also HAIR HEHE SO FUNNY xDDD
>Sandshrew but blue
>Vulpix but blue
>Persian but drawn by a toddler and blue
>Raticate but fat and black
At least Marowak has SOME thought put into the design.
>>
>>30301809
>implying alolan vulpix is a bad design

10/10 bait made me reply
>>
>>30301919
>literally Vulpix but blue and kinda wispy
I mean, it doesn't look bad, but it's bad in that it's pretty much just a palette swap.
>>
>>30301809
golem's hair is magnetic shavings just like probopass's
>>
>>30298548

Marowak is one of the better ones because its typing is actually different. Much better than the ones that just gain or change a sub-typing.
>>
>>30302028
I'm aware, but unlike Probopass, where it all collects into random shaving fluffs under it, Golem's hair is specifically fashioned into a beard, mustache, and eyebrows.
>>
>>30302028
1: That doesn't make it OK
B: Doesn't make it look good
III: Does Probopass's nose hair look good?
>>
Golem screams scrapped mega evo
>>
>>30297796
Why did they scrap megas? megas were pretty cool i'm not really feelin z moves
and it seems the only ones being put to use competitively aren't even the offensive ones it's the stat boosters, and even those aren't being used much.
I haven't played ONE Z move user on Showdown today.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
>>30298548
>Marowak is bad
>Golem and Garfeilf are good
>>
>>30302344
Megas are so last gen. That's pretty much it.
>>
File: 20161126_220421.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161126_220421.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
>>30298461
Fuk u. No regrets
>>
>>30302635
>beach boys
but anon what about the fourth and fi- actually no fuck that guy
>>
Golem is the only one that feels like an scrapped Mega and I'm salty because Machamp and Golem need megas because Alakazam and Gengar have megas. MUH AUTISM WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE.
>>
>>30302635
>spooks strix
ruri?
>>
>>30297796
Most of them look too same-y to be Megas
>>
>>30302344
I don't get it either. Z moves are lame and unnecessary, and Alola forms are basically just lazier genwun pandering megas. I really don't understand why they replaced megas with them, it's not like we needed more gimmicks.
>>
File: $_12.jpg (79KB, 480x535px) Image search: [Google]
$_12.jpg
79KB, 480x535px
>>30303089
>>
>>30298548
>>30299048
Why are people acting like A-Dugtrio isn't a fucking atrocity?
>>
>>30304353
>Pokemon conceived as a joke gets a new form that's also a joke
Do you also think Mega Slowbro is a travesty?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.