[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uh-oh.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Walk 5 steps here.png (12KB, 235x229px) Image search: [Google]
Walk 5 steps here.png
12KB, 235x229px
Uh-oh.
>>
>>30288353
these have been pretty useful for me

I always tend to not remember where to go
>>
>>30288353
I like it. Sometimes I get lost on the path of life.
>>
I fucking liked it because I always knew where the plot is so i can explore and than know where to go after.
>>
>>30288353
These are incredibly helpful given how big Alola is.

Don't misblame them for the game having millions of fucking cutscenes one after the other.
>>
>>30288668
>so i can explore and than know where to go after
this. i get so distracted by checking everything out and talking to NPCs first then I'll check out the story point later
>>
>region is huge
>lets you know where not to go so you can explore everywhere else first
>just convenient overall
>vp will still complain because "MUH HANDHOLDING" even though every game is linear anyway
>>
Without it I would have been running around for a while trying to find where Lillie ran off too.
>>
>>30288353
Keep the live Town Map action. It's so nice to see the cursor moving about the map as we go along.

Oh they can keep reintroducing Rotom Dex in future gens for what I care. But no Goal marker please or just make it small and not obnoxious.
>>
>>30288668
Same. Especially after exploring, or turning the game off, its good to have something to tell you your objective.
>>
>>30288353
It's nice to know when a cutscene will take place so I can tell where to save or to know where I can explore to my heart's content without getting interrupted. It was a good idea and I'd honestly like to keep it going forward.
>>
>>30288708
It's really just that foreboding feeling of knowing that there's going to be another cutscene when you get there.
>>
>>30288353
The routes are so well designed and expansive that I honestly got lost a few times and needed the flag to remember where to go

Finding the Eevee trainers without this was hard as hell
>>
>>30288668
>so i can explore
Except this fucking game handicaps you so fucking bad you can't go the opposite way of where you need to go because of some bullshit arbitrary as fuck blockade
>You can't come through this route because my Stoutland is looking for Treasure
That is ten times worse than the footprints fucker at the beginning of Gen III
It's even WORSE than the dancing npcs on Gen V
It's worse than fucking anything previous games have done
>>
>>30288668
It would be good if you were given the option to explore, but there's no benefit to having the marker when the game railroads you as hard as it does.

Remember how FRLG and DPPt had a Journal that told you what you just did plotwise when you started a game up? That always seemed like enough for me.
>>
>>30289101
No. It's exactly the same. Your brain tricks you into perceiving more recent events as worse than past events. It's a bias of currency. Give it a year, you won't care anymore.
>>
>>30288668
>Alola Region
>explore

>>30288676
>Alola Region
>big

>>30288708
>Alola Region
>explore
>big
>>
>go to flag
>watch cutscene
>see another flag 20 feet up the road
>there is no way to escape
this is my only complaint
>>
>>30289447
t. first year Psychology course at Community College
>>
>>30289447
>Give it a year, you won't care anymore.

It's been three years since XY and I still think it's the worst Pokémon game by a huge margin.
>>
great feature. I would ignore the flag and just explore and talk to other NPCs without accidentally triggering the next story cutscene. Leave that for after
>>
>>30289482
>if I repeat their words using greentext it means I win!
>>
File: what would you do with a brain.gif (499KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
what would you do with a brain.gif
499KB, 500x333px
>>30289482
>>
>>30289561
Oh good, I'm glad you agree
>>
I actually appreciate this feature, because after I'm done getting sidetracked through item collecting or grinding, I tend to forget where the game's narrative wanted me to go next.
>>
>>30289101
>>30289482
>OP BTFO by the backfire of his thread and is doing damage control
>>
>>30288353
I'm not gonna say this was a MASSIVE help or something because of how fucking linear Alola is, but it was nice to know where an obnoxious cutscene started so I could do all the stuff in the area beforehand before heading to the next cutscene.
>>
File: 6JHZDXd.png (569KB, 1216x855px) Image search: [Google]
6JHZDXd.png
569KB, 1216x855px
>>30289644
>someone disagrees with me so it's OP samefagging

Since when did /vp/ get so sensitive? I think Alola is tiny but I'm not gonna cry and think its a samefag when more than one person disagrees with me

>>30289569
I was looking for a good reply image but couldnt find one sadly
>>
File: 1480193456074.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480193456074.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>30289482
>replying to 3 people using the same basic response
>>
>>30289101
I hate arbitrary blockades, but if you think that the shitty stoutland is somehow unique in being shitty, you're just being biased against Sun/Moon for no reason. Gen 5 had the worst arbitrary blockades with shit like the dancing NPCs or the other "random people just standing in a line to stop you" shit. Even the stupid fucking blackout in X/Y where everyone but you could pass was better than that.
>>
>>30289809
I take the random dancing over the stoutland and power outage any day honestly. At least one was cheeky rather than insulting.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.