[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VGC Regionals Philadelphia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 793.png (6KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
793.png
6KB, 256x256px
My little sister wants to compete in the Philadelphia VGC Regionals next weekend, Juniors Division because she's seven. However, her Pokemon are shit. I want to breed her some new Pokemon but I'm afraid they'll be just as bad. What Pokemon should I get her, and how should I go about it? Could someone with PXHex trade me or her a good 6?IV ditto to breed her some new mons? I'm an idiot and updaded our DS's. Pic related it's the level of shit on her team
>>
>>30281461
Togedemaru is good and will especially perform well against retarded children without pokemon that won't kill it in one hit.
>>
>>30281461
Do the Ledyba GTS thing.

Its not fake, just catch a Ledyba, and name it whatever nature you need (Say Modest, name it Modest), and put it on GTS asking for a level 91+ Ditto.

Wait 2 minutes, if the trade doesn't go through, take it back down, and put it back up again, as it trades with the most recent entry into GTS.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ledyba_Bot
Check this link. If its been 30 minutes without a post, that means that it crashed.
>>
>>30281575
Thank you for telling me about this.
>>
I'll trade a ditto for you.
Put a shitmon on GTS as well as your IGN and whatever the text you set to it.
>>
>>30281461
>Philadelphia Regionals
>This weekend

Regionals already happened at the beginning of the month
>>
>>30281603
They did? I thought they were December 5th and 6th?
>>
>>30281461
Alright listen up, if you're familiar with VGCs you're going to have a fucking mosh pit of an experience in Junior bracket. That bracket has on average the highest team entropy, so honestly it's going to be bumper cars for about 30% of her battles.

Anticipate at least one Tapu and Beast per team, personally it's so early in the S&M VGC meta that it's hard to assume specifics, this board and smogon are having a freak-out fest on Pheromosa/Lele starts. I'd anticipate mostly bulky pokemon with priority/high speed pokemon sprinkled lightly in team comps.

If I had to guess a pokemon that's going to be a wildcard/wow-thats-terrifying for this VGC meta, I'm awaiting an Oranguru combination that will cause massive rage. Apparently Instruct works on even the move used last turn if it outspeeds its ally. So Turn 1 Swords Dance|Trick Room to Turn 2 Rock Slide|Instruct will result in a +4 Rock Slide if the Oranguru outspeeds in Trick Room.
>>
>>30281625
Nope, November 5th and 6th.
>>
>>30281602
My IGN is Logan
I'll put up a Mimikyu
>>
If she wants to use steel rato try this, works very well.
Togedemaru @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Nuzzle
- Zing Zap
- Spiky Shield

Pair it with Hurricane Pelipper or that cable nigga and spam Discharge. Can't help you with gening but you could ask around the Wifi general they'll hook you up with some mons.
Good luck to your sis.
>>
>>30281668
for the poke next to Oranguru, would Mudsdale work? It gets EQuake and Oranguru takes no damage from allies.
>>
>>30281747
I got blown the fuck out by an Oranguru - Bulu pair the other day. Bulu spammed Rock Slide and it just flinched me to death.
>>
>>30281747
Mudsdale works, I haven't compared base stats though, I think Oranguru might outspeed without Trick Room.
>>
>>30281870
oh okay.
>>
Even if she is going to get rekt at least let her user her own pokémon.
Be a good brother and train your sis and try to explain to her the reasons for her loss.
>implying you play competitive
>implying it's not you the one who is going to partecipate and needs to git gud
>>
File: (((cuck my life into pieces.png (291KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
(((cuck my life into pieces.png
291KB, 600x600px
Using this thread to obnoxiously blog

>be me
>12
>hgss were the current games
>wanted my mom to drive me all the way to new jersey for regionals, a 6 hour drive
>thought my team was hot shit with pokemon like electivire and roserade
>she actually accepted
>she got really into it, started researching smogon
>i didn't know what ivs/evs were
>got weirded out by how much she was trying to help me
>she would print like 50 pages of forum threads and ask me to read them
>retarded self ignored her
>this was the year that ubers were allowed but i thought i could beat them because i beat my friends
>got swept by a lugia in the first round
>was bawling on the way out

And that's how I stopped being a karenfag.
>>
>>30283195
>i didn't know what ivs/evs were

You were just trash
>>
File: [hinata].jpg (112KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
[hinata].jpg
112KB, 900x900px
>>30283255
I was 12
>>
>>30283278
lol this nigga made his mom cry because he is THAT BAD at pokemon

jfc
>>
File: 1478049496906.jpg (37KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1478049496906.jpg
37KB, 600x456px
>>30283195
>12 when HG/SS came out
>You are actually allowed to post here

Please end my life, I'm too old to be playing children's games.

You should be grateful your mom wanted to support your tourneyfag aspirations even if nothing came of it
>>
>>30281690
>regionals happen before SuMo gets released

Thats just stupid.
>>
>>30283195
>thought my team was hot shit with pokemon like electivire and roserade
It was hot shit all right
>>
>>30285260
>HGSS came out 6 years ago
>people born in 1999 are soon going to be able to post here
>>
>>30283195
>he had a Smogmom
jesus christ how horrifying
>>
File: 4.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>30285341
>>
File: 004.png (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
004.png
7KB, 256x256px
>>
>>30286443
J U S T
>>
>>30283195
You had an amazing mother
>>
File: (((Metr.jpg (37KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
(((Metr.jpg
37KB, 480x480px
>>30283404
I was the one crying, not my mom
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.