[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What didn't go right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 18

File: pokemon.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
What didn't go right?
>>
>>30278301
first island annoyed the fuck out of me, felt like a 2 hour long tutorial. After that it got better.
>>
Shittiest regional dex in Pokemon history.
>>
>>30278301
lillie leaves for kanto at the end.
>>
Kanto Pandering: The Game.
>>
>>30278301
having to wait until January to put together a half decent team.
>>
worst AI since gen 1
>>
>>30278301
Sorry but my reply is in the section between two Transition Screens
>>
>>30278385
>The Game

:|
>>
No sitting and unable to search bins
>>
>>30278301
Allan forms are kanto only, you only fight one UB during the story despite how much the story is focused on them, ultra space is a hallway and a room, intro is too long, can't skip cutscenes for replays
>>
>>30278301
>turns to nighttime at 6pm
>6pm

what a the fuck
>>
>>30278301
no triple/rotation (critical flaw that cripples the entire game)
objectively less battle opportunities: tree is a shittier maison, no institute, BR is considered fun by the same morons who though contests were good
shit customization, hope you like t-shirts, wifebeaters and shorts because that's literally all you get
shit pokemon
shit story, horrible pacing in campaign, nothing is explained, not that anything had any depth in the first place, nothing that happens in the story has any effect on anything
shitty fucking shonen pandering with garbage like regressing back to a 11-year old MC, cringe-moves, reddit pokedex wasting the bottom screen with his annoying fucking face
cringe characters like the professor with his WOO shit
shitty region, trial bullshit with the unga bunga tribal crap yet they feel like some tourist events, very vapid and shallow region overall
music is just doing the super mario world gimmick of reusing the same melody constantly (per island), the same music is used for almost everywhere on the 3rd island
ride pokemon system is very pointless, outside of the early rocks and water stuff, there are basically NO removable obstacles for them, the horse is utterly pointless since you get it before you encounter rocky ground, having to use stoutland as itemfinder is unbelievably tiresome
HEH HEH MEMBER KANTO? NICE REFERENCE FOR US POKEMON NERDS ad nauseam
join avenue and pelago are tiresome wait-to-win phone app crap
repeating XY's biggest fuckup in delaying the bank for months, not that you'd want to migrate anything to a shit region without triples anyway
does not tie up any loose ends from before, zygarde is handled with the same shitty way everything else in the story: introduced with no explanation and then forgotten as quickly; only opens up more loose ends, invokes chris carter syndrome so nobody will give a fuck about the "deepest lore" since everyone knows they won't ever explain or expand on anything

Unmitigated disaster
>>
>>30278301
-Stat distribution
-Battle Tree didn't have enough cameos
-Ultra Beasts supplanted Legendaries
-"Catch Tapu Koko battle"
-The game's OST raises red flags in some aspects that Kageyama's departure was a mistake (i.e. Trainer encounter themes)
-Not enough representatives of unique type combinations
-New entries have a low encounter rate
-No diving in the place based on fucking Hawaii and the sunken ship Pokemon exists
-The Trial System isn't bad by any means but it feels like they could just append Gyms with something similar in the future seeing how it'd save bullshit of the invisible roadblock or other such padding/railroading by design.
-National Dex is Bank only, which is sad considering all the neat rewritten Pokedex entries.
-The game can't get Kanto's dick out its mouth
-They'll probably drop the Ultra Space plot.
>>
>>30278635
>he plays as a male
my condolences you idiot
female or go home
female customization is great

the region is also the best region yet. comfiest hawaii, much better than yet another continental shit.
>>
>>30278635
>no triple/rotation (critical flaw that cripples the entire game)

I don't think this is a design choice so much as it's a bottleneck.

3DS isn't sustainable for Pokemon games if they're going to change the graphical style to what it is right now.
>>
>>30278429
is this when pokemon transporter is updated or whatever?
>>
>>30278301
Not enough Mallow.
>>
>>30278301
Disgusting designs, hideous gameplay and stupid story and characters. To sum up, everything that makes a horrible game.
>>
>>30278680
You couldn't be more wrong.
>>
There's nowhere good to grind like the Lumiose Cafes or Blissey Bases, so the team I'm breeding for the Battle tree will have to go up against the elite 4 a few dozen times.

Same for EV's. No horde battles really slows things down, although the SOS battles do alright.

Hyper training, which we were all excited about, turned out to be utterly useless.
>>
>>30278635
People will call this bait, but even though I love the game, I have to say a tonne of this is right.

Especially the Battle Opportunities. Why is there no Institute? No Inverse Battles? No rematches? I really didn't want another game where the only place to train is the League.

Also the poor pacing of the story. I'm not sure why people praise the story so much this Gen. The Aether Plot felt incredibly out of place until the very end
>>
>Alolan Pokémon's Speed stat
>Very "story-oriented" - while this may not be an inherently bad thing, I feel as though it takes away from the fundamental design of the Pokémon series: the pick-up-and-play aspect. Potentially resolved in "Pokémon Stars".
>Frame-rate issues. This will most likely be resolved if "Pokémon Stars" comes to fruition on the Nintendo Switch.
>SOS Battles. Good in theory, terrible in practice. The issue could be remedied if it was changed so that you could catch a Pokémon on the field regardless of whether or not an ally Pokémon accompanied them.

This is all I could think of. The games were great: great characters, great story, great region, great music, great Pokémon (designs), etc.

I might be in the minority when I say that I feel that the Nintendo 3DS is what holds Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon from being even better additions to the series. I am really holding out for a potential port/third version on the Nintendo Switch, as I feel that could fix most of the issues I illustrated above.
>>
>>30278688
Two wrongs don't make a right. Meaning you being wrong when calling something out as wrong doesn't make it right.
>>
>>30278658
it's boring as fuck
>>
>>30278719
I'll take an island paradise over some shit like Johto, Unova, Sinnoh any day
>>
>>30278593
This so much
>>
>>30278661
Well, not with GameFreak levels of optimization

>>30278658
Best region? You don't visit many places, and many if the places you do visit have transition screens. It has the least number if towns in the series and the least number of routes. The towns are small and have less places to enter besides stores.

I can understand liking the region (i do too) but the best?
>>
>>30278635
>>30278638
The most autismal of baits.

Head back to plebbit, please
>>
>>30278707
>>Frame-rate issues
Those are really annoying as fuck, the framerate even starts to drop on my 3ds when playing against two wild pokemon at once. No idea why this happens since I think this was never a problem in oras or x/y. Framerate may have dropped a bit from time to time but not that hard.
>>
>>30278770
>they disagree with me so bait
/vp/ is filled with children
>>
Lillie.
>>
Ultra Beasts appear, Tapu Koko goes out to fight them. Not a single mention of the battle or a crisis like Ruby and Sapphire with weather.

I didn't like this.
>>
>>30278785
>I think this was never a problem in oras or x/y.

MAybe you should play those games again.ORAS and XY has the same fps issues in multi pokemon battles
>>
>>30278734
it's still a boring island paradise.
>>
>>30278593
I don't know where you are but that's true to life where I am.
>>
>>30278803
Only for the first island
>>
no bike.
dumb pokeride costume.
giant step backwards from last gens online features.
no surfing between islands.
zero optional areas to explore.
>>
>>30278848
>needing a bike when Tauros is there
>>
>>30278301

>Map didn't feel big enough for me
>Needs more music, only 1 theme for trainers battle and pokemon encounter is not acceptable
>They fucking need to fix the FPS issue or just get a new engine, lagging so badly in 2vs2 is really bad.
>Pokemon snap minigame was nowhere as good as the original game, only zoom upgrades until the last upgrade make it pretty annoying to get good pictures, also was only that zone with the cutieflie and oricorio the only one with more than 1 pokemon?
>Needs more trainers model
>Needs less kanto mons
>Mudsdale pokeride was fucking useless, it's only used on one zone, even machamp is more helpful

Thankfully most if not all those complains can be fixed with a 3rd version, or a remake.
>>
>>30278870
nice I love holding B down while trying to hatch eggs
>>
>>30278378
>>30278378
>>30278378
>>30278378
>>30278378
fucking this
either let me go with my girlfriend or force her to stay with me with a kiss
>>
The S.O.S summoning system was made by sadists.
>>
>>30278385
We're talking about Gen 7 anon. Not Gen 6.
>>
>>30278635
The music is something I'm glad someone else noticed.

Every location on Melemele has a remix of the same song.
>>
>>30278301
Removal of PSS
no customization options for free battle
Removal of 6's

Why?
>>
>>30278848
>zero optional areas to explore.
That's wrong. Almost half the first iisland is optional.

The online changes are the worst part of the game though. The PSS was prettymuch flawless.
>>
>>30278926
fucking plaza basebuilding facebook shit needs to go

fuck these online features

is it really that hard to make a decent post & online game? fucking hell
>>
>>30278847
The first island is the least insulting one. At that part I still thought I was the MC.
>>
Can't interact with my gf after the main story
>>
New pokemon are actually rare as fuck while Kanto mons are fucking everywhere.

Didn't stop me from just getting a Mareanie from GTS and breed it because fuck going through all that trouble.
>>
>>30278983
Really? For me the first island is the worst part I'd the game. To the point where it just isn't good.

You don't go to Route 3 because you want to explore, but because you have to find Lillie. This is a good metaphor for the early game.

The second and third islands are much less intrusive with cut scenes. And the story is more squarely placed around you.
>>
>>30278638
>The game can't get Kanto's dick out its mouth
normies, genwunners and /vp/ considers this as the best aspect of the game.
>>
>>30279072
Why'd you say /vp/ 3 times?
>>
>still no multiple save slots
what the fuck gamefreak?
>>
>>30279114
Never gonna happen. If you want a second save, you'll have to buy a new game - Game Freak is well aware of this
>>
>>30278301
world lacks atmosphere
ugoo 3d graphics
too many cutscenes

main 3 things
>>
File: 1480167622716.jpg (777KB, 595x1509px) Image search: [Google]
1480167622716.jpg
777KB, 595x1509px
world design
pacing
supporting cast
distribution
>>
>>30278301
KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO!
KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO! KANTO!

sun and moon has no flaws.
and red and blue is the perfection.
>>
>>30279184
Everyone apart from Hau was pretty cool tho
>>
>>30279184
I knew how this whole comic would go but it still gave me a big laugh.
>>
no Z-move for Ash-Greninja...
Literally HOW?
>>
>>30279184
>comic literally describes things which happen in the game
>last panel is reaction face
>no jokes anywhere

It's actually been a long time since I saw one of these
>>
>>30279314
Easy when the joke was already written for them
>>
>800+ Pokemon and I'm still encountering the same Pokemon even though I'm on a totally different island now
>objective markers for hallways
>Alolan forms aren't very good. New Pokemon aren't very good
>>
>>30279314
That's because the occourences are already a joke

Its like making an abridges series of a comedy. There's no need to add to something that is already silly. Its comedy 101
>>
>>30279184

what a cringeworthy comic. that shit has been in LITERALLY EVERY GAME.

>gen 1

"sorry I'm drunk so you can't walk past me"

>gen 2

"sorry I'm a Team Rocket member and instead of battling you like all the others I'm just gonna block you because plot"

or

"sorry I'm just a random NPC who has absolutely no importance to anything other than saying you can't walk past me until you beat the gym because I said so"

>gen 3

"sorry you can't walk past me because I'm researching footprints that I later realized were mine"

>gen 4

"sorry instead of battling these wild Psyduck like you would any other pokemon, you have to get them medicine for their headaches"

>gen 5

hurr dancing for no reason

>gen 6

"sorry the power is out" (even though there are clearly lights on behind him)
>>
>>30279461
>its in every game so it is is present in the exact same amount every time

In Alola it is excessive. That's the point. Stuff like going to Violet City and having the option to explore Ruins of Alph either way doesn't happen.
>>
>>30278635
who cares about triples faggot
>>
>>30278635
All of this is true.

Still, I don't think the remix thing is bad but SM didn't know to pull it out right.
>>
>>30279541
faggot here
I do, sort of.
removing the feature all together is worse than it being hardly used in the first place.
>>
>>30278301
Ohmori, as expected
>>
>>30279461
>"sorry you can't walk past me because I'm researching footprints that I later realized were mine"

always kek at this
>>
>>30278301
No kiss fucking ever.
>>
>>30278635
>reddit pokedex wasting the bottom screen with his annoying fucking face
You're right on everything but especially this. I hate that little nigger.

DO YOU MISS HAU? I MISS HAU. WE SHOULD BRING HIM SOME MALASADA SOMETIMES
>>
The Rotomdex. I fucking hate this piece of shit. Is it possible to turn it off?
>>
>>30279461
This game really abuses of it tho.

They designed an OK branching map and then put artificial gating everywhere to make it completely linear. It's in every fucking crossroad.
>>
>>30279184
Why does top Lil have a paper bag on her head?
>>
>>30279461
In SM its over the top, especially because the areas are so small and contained compared to some other entries too. Another issue is the suspension of disbelief, whilst every gen has had their footprint nigga, most of the time they were naturally blocked off via ledges or HMs. Captains Barriers and an over abundance of Stoutlands makes it really noticeable to the player.

The worst offender is the captain's barrier that is right before impassable terrain that only Mudsdale can pass. As soon as the barrier goes down, Hapu shows up to give the Mudsdale Pager. And you just have to wonder what the fucking point was.
>>
>>30278734
All of those regions are god-tier. Tropical paradise is not only overdone as fuck but it's incredibly dull. Kill yourself.
>>
>>30279401
It's a new pokemon game,and you want to see the same old pokemon again.
>>
>>30278734
>we just had Hoenn
>you'd rather another tropical island chain right after
>Sevii is still the best tropical region
>>
I'm only on the first island, but the only good part has been the totem battle, and those 2 skull grunts too I guess. Everything else has felt like a horrible chore so far. It gets better, right?
>>
>>30279803
Yes. It isn't amazing, but it definitely becomes better.

The first island has one of the only good Trials though
>>
File: d2200.jpg (11KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
d2200.jpg
11KB, 275x275px
>>30279461
>"sorry I'm drunk so you can't walk past me"
Holy fucking shit this made me laugh so hard for some reason.
>>
>>30279803
yes, the first island is by far the most annoying one because it's a 3 hour long tutorial.
>>
>>30278638

I think we have enough fucking legendaries at this point. Its getting to the point the name barely means anything anymore.

Ultra Beasts is a nice change in pace just as another classification for the same tier of pokemon, even if they're essentially the same fucking shit in the end.
>>
File: 43 Speed.jpg (60KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
43 Speed.jpg
60KB, 600x400px
>>30278301
Pic related imo.
>>
>>30279510

People have been railroaded by this shit so hard that by the time the path actually opened up, around the third island, people didn't get around to visiting the recycling plant or power plant because they'd been programmed at that point to not even bother and just follow the next goddamn story marker.
>>
>>30278301
we got Wally instead of Steven or one of the MCs from OR/AS
they picked literally the worst character
>>
>>30278593
That's pretty accurate for Hawaii though. Hawaii is near the equator, so sunset is roughly at 6 PM.
>>
>>30279906
there was a powerplant? I visited the recycling plant but powerplant?
>>
>>30279961
Right next to Hanai desert (another optional area) there's a geothermal plant.
>>
>>30279961

Oh yes, there's not much to it, but there's the geothermal powerplant just past the rocky shit you need mudsdale for.
>>
>>30280016
oh my, I also missed the desert.

I'll have to explore everything in my second run.
>>
The only Captain that actually felt like a Captain was Ilima who actually did something. The rest of the "Captains" felt more like Clyde from Gen 5.

The SOS battles are a piece of shit. It's annoying trying to catch something and it calls for help. Also, it's a hassle for shiny hunting by having to micromanage items, keep track of the Pokemon's PP, etc.

Music was good, but not really memorable or hype.

Lack of the MC's facial expelresaions outside of some special cutscenes.

Stat distribution is the most laughably sad thing
>>
File: 1475552228627.jpg (150KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475552228627.jpg
150KB, 1000x1000px
>[TRAINER] Wants to fight!
>*Dink*
>>
>>30279906
Not me. I was brave enough to be constantly disappointed.

I saw the oasis, and figured it would be cool to check the desert instead of go to Tapu Village.

But the desert was blocked off

And the mart.

Looks like the village really was my only option. Whoopee

>>30279850
Except this just means SM has 18 fucking legendaries

>>30280078
This. The only good Trials were Ilima and Mallow. Everyone else seemed surprised we were doing any battles outside the Totem one
>>
Lillie come back!
>>
>>30278301
Breeding and EV training took a huge step back.
Making new mon uncommon as fuck
>>
Stars should just add an early game item that makes so that the enemy can't call for help.
>>
>>30280078

The SOS battles are a pain because there's an item to trigger them to happen more often, but there isn't shit to prevent pokemon from calling for help.

On one hand, I kind of like this gen having less emphasis on the speed stat, but, on the other hand EVERY OTHER GEN'S POKEMON WILL BE FASTER THAN THIS GEN'S. Usually starters are some of the best mons you get each game, but this lot's speed is laughable to the point they're a liability at times.
If they're going to redistribute stats so speed isn't such a big deal BST wise, they're going to have to apply it to every other fucking gen as well.

>>30280105

The recycling plant and geothermal plant are both accessible almost instantly, but yeah, the desert needs you to do the ghost trial first.

Really though, they need to go take another look at fucking kanto and actually pay attention to the idea of blocking off routes with HM related shit rather than retarded npcs with laughable reasons for cutting you off.
>>
>>30278884

hop on lapras and swim in circles
>>
>>30280252
I replayed Gen5 before this game and while it did have roadblocks there were so many optional areas to explore and items to uncover I would often not visit the next city for like an hour while exploring routes between things. Sun/Moon routes take about five or six minutes because there's usually four trainers, one TM, and a few random Stoutland items.
>>
>>30279541
People excited to use Oricorio in a viable way.
>>
>>30278899

t. nuzlockefags

How many bros died to Z-Moves
>>
>>30279850
>>30280105
>ultra beasts are legends
don't lie
>>
>>30280252
I actually looked at the recycling plant on the map, thought about going there and then thought "Probably can't" so I just went to the next story marker

I got the geo plant though, probably because it's off a route, not a town. Haina I tried to go to and got blocked off then didn't bother going back until post game.

Still can't get over that Mudsdale Pager part.
>>
>>30279541
>who cares about content?
>I like my games as barebones as possible!
>>
>>30280252
What they should be looking at is Unova and Johto where blocking somewhere off still fave ypu places to explore, rather than blocking things so close that the only way to go is to the next story bit.

And yeah, despite the Ride Pager replacing HMs, mist roadblocks are still just people.
>>
>>30279721

GET IN THE FUCKING BAG NEBBY!
>>
>>30280078
Sos can be controlled through judicious use of status effects. They just dont tell you anywhere.

The facial expression and overall laziness in animation are my biggest gripes.

I wish they either did more stuff with forms or had a new pokedex ala gen 5. Speed stat doesnt matter in game and I don't do much pvp.>>30280078
>>30280078
>>
>>30280303
Gen 5 in all honesty did exploration right. Not to mention GF developed a sense of humor in their roadblocks instead of doing more
>I'm thirsty so no one can pass
Shit.
>>
>>30280336
They are to GameFreak. Which is what really matters. If we could decide what was and wasn't legendary then Lucario and the Unown would be legends
>>
>>30280341
I've been so mad at the railroading that I've been pushing back every time I could. I just hate that there's no neat 'hidden' route like older games have.
>>
>>30278593
that is actually pretty accurate
>>
>>30280392
Anyone who thinks they don't call when Status'd is full of shit. I've had them call after being fully paralyzed, burned, toxic'd, confused.... I haven't tried sleep yet, but holy fuck. I just want to catch a goddamn pokemon. Dittos are especially awful since they have a low catch rate.
>>
>>30280392
>>30280078
Holy shit the autistic happy stare of the MC during cutscenes was hilarious. In some cutscenes it made them come off as some kind of psychopath, when everyone is reacting to some horrible event like the Ultra Beasts showing up or Lillie trying to talk sense to her mother. Then you show up in shot with that same unblinking stare.
>>
>>30279721
She's lost.
See the first panel poster
>>
>>30279939

>Gladion? who's that?

you got your cake and ate it too with the rivals this gen. you got GOLLY GEE WILIKERS CAN I SUCK YOUR DICK MC? friend and your 110% EDGELORD with an equally YOU DON'T UNDERSTADN MAN pokemon

>but you can't rename him to assfaggot
you couldn't do it since Gen 4
>but he doesn't have a starter
there's a story reason as to who got the last starter
>>
linearity
>>
My main gripes:
- Battle Royale and Battle Tree being a fucking horrible place to earn BP. The CPU is cheap as hell and either stalls most of the time or just fucks you over with Z-moves.

- Earning barely any BP

-Making items that helps players breed and train competitive Pokes requiring shitloads of BP to even buy.

- Making players wait until Janurary to even use more then the 20% of Pokemon that can be obtained during the game.

- Not being able to skip cutscenes; which reduces replayability

- Z. Moves.

'Nuff sed.
>>
>>30280513
Gladion was actually alright as far as Unzips Type:Null went.

One of the best little details was when Wicke mentions Null kept ripping his clothes and that he'd try to fix them himself. It wasn't just Hot Topic wear, it showed he was just an idiot kid trying to make it without his overbearing mother.
>>
>>30280583
>- Making players wait until Janurary to even use more then the 20% of Pokemon that can be obtained during the game.
we will see more pokemon soon?
>>
>>30280583

>Not being able to skip cutscenes

this, I bet a lot of people would shut up about this shit if there was just an option to skip them at any time.
>>
All I can think of for now.

+ HMs removed
+ Possibility to max IVs.
+ Able to see IVs/EVs
+ SOS system for easy EV training.
+ No more shitty O-power system.
+ Great improvement in 3D style compared to the previous generation.
+ Daycare no longer gives experience and fucks up your egg moves.
+ Breeding has multiple viable route options for egg hatching.
+ Good variation in Pokemon on each route.
+ Customization with the option to not wear a hat.

- pSS with passerby stuff removed.
- No Amie lower screen to see other people's Pokemon pass by.
- Too many scripted things, story events.
- Too much hand holding by getting random healing.
- No more Super Training.
- Game is too easy.
- No triple battles (it would crash the game)
- Annoying Rotom Pokedex.
- No permanent Perfect Zygarde.
- Fishing ruined by only being able to press A to fish in certain spots.
- Z moves
>>
protip:
New pokemon being rare as hell is commentary on invasive species in rl hawai'i
>>
>>30278905
There was much more Kanto pandering in this game than XY.
>>
>>30280622
>>30280583
I'd have bought both versions if I could.
>>
>>30279072
>/vp/

are you reading this thread? everyone hates that
>>
>>30278820
Not at all to this degree. That wouldn't make sense anyway unless you think the hivemind has invented this problem.
>>
>>30278467
Factually the opposite of reality.
>>
>>30278635
Imagine being this autistic and wrong all at once...
>>
>>30278748
>You don't visit many places, and many if the places you do visit have transition screens. It has the least number if towns in the series and the least number of routes. The towns are small and have less places to enter besides stores.
All of this is wrong, though.
>>
>>30279791
>Sevii is still the best tropical region
Objectively false
>>
>>30278301
I don't get why /vp/ shat on XY for introducing the broken Exp Share, Kanto pandering, godawful framerate and only a couple dozens of new Pokemon, but Sun and Moon basically gets a free pass.

Is it really all about muh story these days?
>>
File: canid photo.png (274KB, 477x376px) Image search: [Google]
canid photo.png
274KB, 477x376px
>>30280969
Alola has 9 towns and 17 routes.

Kanto has the second least towns, with 10. Johto has the second lest routes, with 20.

You dont visit the golf course, Power Plant, the pools above Brooklet Hill, the Tower in Malie Garden, or the Lighthouses.

There is a transition screen between the Observatory Route and the bottom of the mountain, the tunnel on Akala, every cave in Wela Volcano Park, and the bridge between Konikoni City and the resort.

>>30280918
>>30280969
>>30280992
In short, get fucked. You cant just go "wrong!" at everything and have it mean anything
>>
>>30280645
O-Power was a great feature, and even if you didn't like you could just not use it. I don't see why its removal is a good thing
>>
>>30281124
Sun and Moon haven't been getting a free pass at all.
>>
>>30279541
people who grind the battle tree i guess

the most efficient battle maison team last generation (1000+ straight wins) was a triples team
>>
>>30281124
are you reading this thread at all? everyones mad
>>
>>30278301
Some things

>Too many cutscenes to start the game
>New Pokémon are hard to find, and Kanto mons are more common(Why?)
>starters get fucked by speed in final stage
>Majority of Pokémon either have specific evolutions, or have a lackluster speed stat
>Fishing being more linear and limited
>Using Charizard to fly because Gen one fan service
>Finding dhelmise

And those are all my complaints
>>
>>30279282
IKU
>>
>>30278385
Anon, that was generation 6. At least in these games we didn't get a Kanto starter after the first gym or trial
>>
>>30281150
/vp/ and /v/ have been sucking this games dick non stop for the last ~3 weeks
>>
>>30281232
Dhelmise's a lot easier to find than fucking Feebas. Or Stufful. Or Jangmo-o, etc.
>1% lmao
Who the fuck came up with this shit?
>>
>>30281265
Yeah, we only got new type of forms for Pokemon that by pure coincidence happen to be generation 1 Pokemon only :^)
>>
>>30281139
Because it became mandatory for optimal breeding and restocking on EV vitamins.
>>
>>30280252
>Enter a new route
>Use repel
>A motherfucking Fearow drops from the sky and attacks anyway
>All the Alolan Pokemon on the team are too fucking slow to flee
Fuck this shit man.
>>
>>30281327
that in general is what I hate. I would have loved an alolan form of golurk covered in moss or a lilligant put in more Hawaiian flora. Unova and hoenn should have gotten forms at least
>>
>Reach Poni Island
>suddenly trainer Pokémon levels jumped by 6-7 levels
>>
>>30278301
Fishing is ruined

Shit ton of Megas aren't in the game

Gengar was ruined even though it's the mega that's broken

Most Pokemon are slow

Lurantis sucks
>>
The Hall of Fame getting reduced to some jackass NPC just name-calling the Pokemon you used. What the fuck?
>>
>big empty routes
>plaza was a step back from pss
>hard to find newer pokemon
>zygarde is still a loose end
>literally random healing from Hau and Lillie that made me feel like I was wasting potions constantly, wasn't so bad for Hau to heal my team before rival fights though.
>rotom pokedex talking stops me from using it, admittedly a few of the things it says were funny
>framerate in battles
>z moves a disappointing replacement to megas
>nothing as good as super training for ev training this time around
>>
>/vp/ is angry at everything: The Thread
>>
>>30281448
I noticed that. The whole game my team was a good 2-3 levels ahead of everyone else's, and then all the sudden Hapu's team had about 4 levels on mine.
>>
>>30281495
>Shit ton of Megas aren't in the game
From what I hear you get them at the Battle Tree for 60 BP each postgame.
>>
>>30281634
aka regular thread on /vp/
>>
>>30280252
I was going Alola mons only this run and couldnt escape from any wild battle. It was hell

>>30281369
FUCK this as well.

>>30281634
>/vp/ has understandable issues with a perfectly fine Pokemon game

Yeah, that is what this is
>>
>>30278301
>Removal of O Powers
>Merging Join Avenue and Online for a lesser experience
>Made it harder to get lvl 100 pokemon
>weak postgame
>removal of triple battles and hordes(Iknow why it was done but it still sucks)
>No dexnav
>SOS battles suck
>Reemoval of Super training makes it harder to reset EVs
>removal of some megas
>bottlecaps hard to find
>>
>>30281634
>enters thread specifically about the shortcomings and flaws of a game
>"waaah why doesn't /vp/ like anything???"

You can go anywhere else if you want people to do nothing but suck GameFreak's dick and blindly eat this shit up, moron.
>>
This game has already bored me to tears and i'm only at the grass trial. They said it would get better at the 2nd island and it hasn't really.
>>
>>30281910
Are you playing with Exp. Share on?
>>
>>30281184
Do people keep data on this?
>>
1a. They intentionally made breeding more difficult than it was in XY. No Friend Safaris for good starting points, Hyper Training doesn't actually change IVs, Destiny Knot is BP-locked. Instead, you need to SOS chain which is tedious and boring.
1b. There is no good way to grind Pokémon to level 100. They needed to include a substitute for the absent Blissey bases and Le Wow. Hyper Training is useless as a result.
2. Very few Alola forms.
3. Most new Pokémon that aren't Legendaries or UBs are too slow to the point of being unusable outside of this Gen.
4. One of each Apricorn ball in the game.
5. More handholding than XY or ORAS.
6. Festival Plaza is awful. PSS was an amazing system and they just scrapped it.
7. PokePelago is a grindy mobile-tier mini-game. Enjoy tapping hundreds of beans and waiting.
8. The bottom screen UI is awful. Very little functionality compared to previous games.
9. Removed rotation and triple battles, meaning the Battle Tree has less content than the Battle Maison. The game performs so badly though even in double battles you have to wonder what the frame rate would be like here.
10a. Clothing from XY is unavailable and half of the shirts are garbage tank tops, especially if you play as a male.
10b. When you use a PokeRide your character changes into a retarded safety suit instead of remaining in the outfit you made and doesn't even retain glasses or sunglasses.
10c. You can't ride your own Pokémon. Instead of using what is essentially PokeUber.
11. Can't use the D-pad to move.
12. When you use L=A mode the R button doesn't work and screens that allow L & R (like customization) don't just disable L=A in that specific menu.
>>
>>30282270
>Hyper Training doesn't actually change IVs

The upside is that it makes Hidden power a lot easier to work with.
>>
>>30282270
The lack of battling features is super bad. Even if Trips were removed for framerate reasons, why were Inverse Battles removed? Why not add inverse and rentals to the Battle Tree so it has more content? Why allow us to do a mock Royal battle during the story but have no option to play it until the game is over?

Do the Pokemon levels in the Battle Buffet even go up after you beat the game?
>>
>>30282465
They get level 55 Pokémon.
>>
>>30278378
>lillie leaves for kanto at the end.
This, the game would've been way better if she left earlier than the end
>>
File: 1428357640284.png (203KB, 600x470px) Image search: [Google]
1428357640284.png
203KB, 600x470px
>>30278350
>Rotom Dex doesn't actually have Rotom on the list
>>
>>30282623
Well, that's good
>>
>>30280645
>Daycare no longer gives experience and fucks up your egg moves.
how is that a plus?
>>
>>30278301
Honestly, only the difficulty. Was way too easy, but otherwise one of the best Pokemon games in a LONG time. I'm shocked they pulled off such a great game immediately after the garbage heap that was X and Y, especially on the same engine.
>>
>>30280645
>+ Good variation in Pokemon on each route.
lol
>>
>>30278350
Thats Sinnoh tho.
>>
>>30283204
No more spending money, no more deleting valuable egg moves.
>>
>>30283261
oh but there is good variation.

tho it's usually the shits we saw before, the encounter rate for some of the new mons are ridiculously low.
>>
>>30282748
The entry would probably be something retarded like "Rotom is totally the strongest and coolest Pokemon ever. Also smashingly handsome."
>>
>>30281344
...so now that it's not even there it's better? What the fuck is your point? If they removed the Flame Body hatching bonus would that make for a better game because it's "mandatory for optimal breeding"?
>>
>>30283662
If you have to spend time in menus to keep activating it it's just a shit mechanic.
>>
>>30283774
>>30281344
>removing a feature instead of fixing it or giving a good alternative is an improvement

I just dont get this
>>
>>30281344
>Have O-powers
>Eggs hatch exponentially faster
>Don't have O-powers
>Save 6 seconds on menus, have to spend 3x as long on eggs

I don't see your point here.
>>
A bit too much tutorializing and barriers to exploration

but it was still a lot better than I expected
>>
>>30283774
You're still not making any sense

>XY
You get the option to use a tedious albeit useful feature to get more bonuses, or ignore it completely if you don't like the time/level up by usage mechanic

>SM
You don't even get a choice, no bonus whatsoever, fuck you
>>
File: 214Heracross.png (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
214Heracross.png
75KB, 600x600px
>can't get Heracross

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1467323246811.png (324KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467323246811.png
324KB, 800x800px
>>30279136
>what is powersaves?
>>
File: d972.gif (2MB, 400x292px) Image search: [Google]
d972.gif
2MB, 400x292px
>>30283990
>removed his mega stone
>>
>>30283396
Well...it wouldn't be wrong anon

>>30278301
Everything is slow as shit.
My boy Vikavolt got screwed over.
My boy Golisopod got screwed over.
So many other bois got screwed over.
A dog is a rock. An edgy werewolf is a rock.
Despite all the balance changes, stealth rock still doesn't do neutral type damage.
If TPCi really loves double battles then why aren't there a shit ton more in the game? Those are actually fun.
And most of what else was said in this thread is true.
>>
>>30284251
wait, can't you buy it from the battle whatever?
>>
>>30279756
Did you read what he wrote?
There's literally close to 800 mons to choose from and gamefreak couldn't put together decent variety in the regional pokedex. I have to say that at least x and y did have a pretty diverse regional dex in comparison.
Also, I don't know why but this gen felt like it had way less new mons than x and y. I'd be at a new route and instead of seeing gen 7 mons I'd see ones from prior generations. It feels like a letdown gamefreak has been introducing less new mons in these last two generations.
>>
>>30284529
If it's not in the regional dex, it's out. So yes Mega Heracross and a bunch of others are gone.
>>
>>30280413
>What is Squidward Cave
>>
>>30284660
I haven't got there yet so I don't know but my buddy told me you can buy mega stones for BP. So you're telling me they took out only certain mega's?
That's really fucking dumb.
>>
File: HRRRRRRRR.gif (214KB, 274x249px) Image search: [Google]
HRRRRRRRR.gif
214KB, 274x249px
>>30284660
I don't like the direction they're going with this.

I mean, this basically confirms a 3rd/reboot/remake and that they're probably going to re-introduce the ones that haven't gotten their megastones in the next game(s), but FFS this peeves me.
>>
>>30278328
this
>>
>>30284706
Worthless is what it is.
>>
>>30284941
I dunno, I liked being able to grab Shellder, Slowbro, and a Bagon that doesn't spawn at fucking 1% chance.
>>
File: 1338392787969.jpg (39KB, 656x600px) Image search: [Google]
1338392787969.jpg
39KB, 656x600px
>>30278301
The cut scenes.

For the love of god, the stories in pokemon have been dumb for years, but it's completely insufferable this time. I just want to play fucking pokemon without having to spend half the time watching a terrible anime.
>>
>>30284987
Technically those are part of the Bay, not the Cave, aren't they?
>>
>>30285020
Yeah, Squidward Cave is a hidden area and just leads to the bay, which is a pretty nice place all around. There's also that hidden cave area in Vast Poni Canyon where you can try your luck at fishing up a Dratini.
>>
>>30285087
Stop forcing the Squidward Cave meme

because you already got someone else to call it that too now
>>
>>30283269
>best regional bird without needing a hidden ability
>best starters
nah
>>
>>30285014
Pokemon is a terrible anime though.
>>
>>30285014
This, fucking this.

At least make them skippable gamefreak.
>>
>>30285237
Are you underage? The original Pokemon was just an adventure to catch pokemon and beat the league. There was a small side plot with Team Rocket just generally being bad, but you didn't sit through shitty anime scenes about how you and your friends have to use the power of friendship to save the world from the ancient evil they awakened or whatever other stupid shit it is this time.

I'm not being a genwunner, I enjoy the whole series and generally just ignore the stories that I'm not interested in, but the cut scenes are just so long and frequent in this game, you can't ignore them. It's the worst in that regard by far.
>>
>>30285765
he/she was just making a jab at the ashnime
>>
>>30285806
Well that was silly
>>
File: 1347111569021.jpg (90KB, 458x990px) Image search: [Google]
1347111569021.jpg
90KB, 458x990px
>>30285014
>mfw those fucking idiots who say "lel other RPGs do it too :^)"

THAT DOES NOT FUCKING JUSTIFY IT
>>
>>30278301
too many cutscenes in the start
clothing options are worse than xy more colors though thats great but no dresses is retarded
seasons are still missing
i dont like the gen 1 music sampling in some songs
seems weird that they seem to only mention kanto but never unova or orre
>>
File: ANGEL.jpg (69KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
ANGEL.jpg
69KB, 416x416px
>>30286041
>TFW women get to suffer no clothing options now too

SUFFER WITH US
>>
>>30286041
Unova got a lot of mentions last Gen.

Ive seen a few kalos and Johto references too. Kanto dominates though
>>
>>30286362
yeah but no refrences to unova or orre when like this is based on hawaii seems really weird does hawaii get a lot of japanese tourism?
>>
>>30286041
You can basically make dresses
>>
>>30286416
They're the second largest ethnic group in Hawaii. More likely it was just genwunner Pokemon Go pandering, though.
>>
>>30286416
Yes it does. Plus, the regions arent exactly related the way the places are in the real world.
>>
>>30283204
>actually using the daycare to level
why the fuck, just go to a late route and throw it in a few battles

shit the fearows on that first route on the third island can easily grind my underleveled shit up to snuff in no time
>>
>>30279037
I did the same, i just got a turtonator in exchange for my breeded popplio and breeded him to be really mine.
>>
1. There's not anywhere near enough post-game content. I wanted way more stuff to do after the Elite 4, like there was in Hg/Ss and B2/W2.
2. The Battle Tree doesn't seem as good as the Battle Maison.
3. While I appreciate them removing HMs, I felt like there were too many pointless/weak TMs and not enough good moves... or at least they could've offered more Move Tutors so you don't have to do a ton of tedious breeding just to get some moves you want on a particular pokemon.
3. Some of the new pokemon are borderline good, but they needed just a few more stat boosts to put them into the "OU-tier" of viability.
4. The maps in general felt rather small, especially the towns and villages. It just felt kind of empty and under-populated, especially in comparison to other Pokemon games. ORAS felt like a bigger game in general.
5. They should've had at least one underwater area to have a coral reef area, this is based on Hawaii after all.

Why does it seem like it's always 1 step forward, 2 steps back with this series?
>>
>>30278301
all the pokemon i was interested in became worse when fully evolved
>>
>>30285881
guess that would be acceptable if these games were even really RPGs
>>
>>30280446
Are you talking totems or regular battles? Totems call no matter what. I havent had anythinh wild call through a para. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>30278301

Festival Plaza.
>>
no more blissey bases, or any bases for that matter
>>
>>30279401
>>30279756

I kind of agree with this. There's like five straight routes where the only pokemon are Pelliper, Gumshoos/Raticate, and a third pokemon with a 5-10% encounter rate. You have 400 pokemon to choose from, you could even just put in some fucking butterfree or something I don't care!
>>
>>30287802
I am so fucking sick of Pelliper and Raticate.
>>
>>30278734
Hoenn is a cancer upon the series.
>>
>>30287802
Fishing has the exact same shit.
>Magikarp
>Goldeen or Finneon or Wailmer or whatever, pokemon no one gives a shit about
>something you actually want like Dratini or Dhelmise
>>
Negatives:
>not enough actual new pokemon
>too many shitmons
>story is 100% boring as fuck
>trials are just retarded
>game runs like complete garbage for doubles
>can't even transfer your bros over until january when no one cares about the game anymore except turbo autists
>no postgame again

positives:
>hau is better than tierno
>much more challenging than XY

Overall this gen sucks though.
>>
>>30280406
>then Lucario and the Unown would be legends
>>
>>30278638
>They'll probably drop the Ultra Space plot.
They fucking better. This shit doesn't belong in Pokémon.
>>
File: 1376395498054.gif (55KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1376395498054.gif
55KB, 800x800px
>>30278301
>First island's gorillian cutscenes

>The lack of emotion of the protagonist not to mention the janky ass walk cycle he/she has

>majority of the new mons are 5-10% encounters
>>
>>30288338
>>The lack of emotion of the protagonist
>Everyone being super sad or upset, Lusamine just showed off her frozen pokemon room
>Still just standing there, slightly smiling

>Only time you smile is with the top kek z move
>>
>>30280690
No there fucking wasn't.
People talk about Kanto because your char is from Kanto. It's also the 20th anniversary of the franchise you mongoloid. They don't fucking hand you a Kanto starter before you reach the second gym like in XY.

Get the fuck over yourselves, delusional XY fags. 6th gen was objectively shit and the worst generation we've ever had. You can drop your stockholm syndrome now, its alright, you're safe. The big bad French boogieman has left and it's now safe to admit that gen 6 was horseshit.
>>
>>30288441
>You don't even change face when aether paradise is shaking, but you look like someone just called you an asshole when the diminsion you're in is being turn open
>>
>>30278301
>excessive hand-holding
>framerate issues
>new Pokemon overshadowed by everything else
>the MC being a robot
>not as many places to explore
>somewhat barren postgame
>no minigame where you help Lillie pick out clothes
>>
>>30280304
>Oricorio is only viable if you can use any mon with DDance plus Oranguru alongside it because muh Smogon
>>
>>30278635
>the horse is utterly pointless since you get it before you encounter rocky ground
You haven't played the game. You get it literally the same route you encounter rocky ground.
>>
>>30288472
haha gen 6 was great you homo. awesome mega's and cool pokemon. meanwhile all we get in gen 7 is faggy redesigns and faggy poses for OP attacks.
>>
>>30288509
>new Pokemon overshadowed by everything else
I still can't get over they made the pokemon this gen slow but didn't change the stats of other pokemon if they didn't want speed to be a major factor in the meta. especially since they didn't give alola mon the extra bulk to compensate
>>
>>30288472
>only Kanto mons are Alola forms
>more Kanto mons than new mons
>Heahea City was started by Kanto (and Johto) settlers
>Diglett Tunnel
>Nugget Bridge
>4 of the mons in the ride Pager are from Kanto, one each from other regions
>the only exclusive Z-Moves not given to Alola mons are given to Kanto mons
>>
>>30282465
They removed triples for framerate reasons but added battle royal? wtf??
Battle royale is utter garbage when it comes to fps. I can barely play there.
>>
>>30288610
>but didn't change the stats of other pokemon if they didn't want speed to be a major factor in the meta.
>Implying GF gives a fuck about smogon's faggotry
>>
>>30289000
It was half assed either way, they allow you to battle early on but didnt have the time to implement a way to actually battle there early on
>>
>>30289132
You're right i'm sure they love seeing the same 10 pokemon used every tourney
>>
>>30289207
The official tournaments and formats have nothing to do with Smogon tierlist bullshit.
>>
>>30289207
>>30289241
Also we aren't going to see Talonflame again
>>
>Festival Plaza is a fucking mess
>Kanto dicksucking. All Alola forms and exclusive Z moves except starter and Marshadow are for Kanto mons
>Battle Royale is a mess and every win and loss feels based on technicality
>Super Single/Double/Rotation are the only thing left in Battle tree, basically making Tree a death wish for anyone without specifically bred Pokes
>Stoutland is so annoying to use compared to past itemfinders
>UB postgame plot feels unfinished and has no real conclusion unlike Delta or even XY postgame
>Most UBs are an unbalanced mess for competitive
>Slow as shit mons all over the generation
>Type Z moves are just generic type based super attacks with no bonus effects or anything to differ them from one another
>Many Pokemon that would otherwise make good team members evolve or are found way too late in the game for their own good. Ninetails, Vikavolt, Crabominable, Exeggutor
>Dickish trainer placement in postgame. Several trainers in postgame just show up and battle you with huge teams with higher levels than you just out of the blue i.e. Dexio, Red
>No new megas. Flygon still getting the shaft.
>Mega Stones locked behind Battle tree which often features Mega Evolutions.
>Alolan Dex is really small considering it's part of an 800+ roster of Pokemon. So much is absent from the game.
>No way to track where you found or missed Zygarde cells
>Zygarde still amounted to nothing
Most of these complaints are nitpicks though and it still was one of the best games in a good long while.
>>
>>30284725
>>30284725

Yep. How else will they sell Eclipse Delta Emerald Z: Special Grey Edition: Featuring Temporal Diamond and Galaxy Pearl
>>
>>30289519
>exclusive Z moves except starter and Marshadow are for Kanto mons
It's not like there's a lot of those.
>>
>>30289519
Oh also forgot but fuck SOSing that shit is annoying
>>
>>30289683
It's a good system but the animation for it should be really sped up and they should get rid of the "can't catch pokemon" thing
>>
>>30285881

At least those other JRPG have a passable story fort eh most part

SM's story was just wasted potential. Mention Alolan forms, and they barly have anything to do with the story. Introduce Ultra Beasts, and all but two are relegated to post game. Pokedex mentions that mega evolution is a much more savage phenomenon and it's never touched upon even once.

Not to mention that this is basically Lillie's story, and you just pal around with your expressionless self.
>>
>>30278301
>muh story
>muh fucken story motherfucker

So much dialogue, so many cutscenes.

Who gives a shit about story in a Pokemon game?
>>
>>30289519
>>30289673

The Tapus have an exclusive Z-Move too.

Well, only sort of I guess, since it's shared between the four of them. But close enough?
>>
>>30278385
not including BW, you're playing Kanto Pandering: The Series
>>
>>30278635
>no triple/rotation (critical flaw that cripples the entire game)
stopped reading immediately
fuck off
>>
>>30289132
Because the only meta is smogon's. I'm sure the nerfs to Gale Wings and Dark Void were because they flipped some coins.
>>
>>30289739
>>30289673
Even still, there's 11 Z moves exclusive to one or (4 in the case of the Tapus), yet 6 go to Kanto mons with 3 of those going to the Pikachu line, and the other 5 going to Alola mons. That's 2 generations out of 7.
>>
>>30289824
The same coins they flip to see what features to remove.

Also I didn't even know people cared about darkrai.
>>
>>30289824
I still don't get why Dark Void was nerfed from 80 accuracy to 50. Its only problem was the fact it was usable by Smeargle. Darkrai is banned from almost every tournament ever so who gives a shit if he's broken.
>>
>>30278328
Can agree.
>>
>>30283269
This one is filled to the brim with shitmons
>>
>>30278301
The starters, exp share, Kanto pandering
>>
>>30289880
Smeargle with Dark Void was the problem.

>>30289893
Reasons!
>>
>>30288472

Well, what do you have to say?

>>30288906
>>
>>30289843
Wait, the Pikachu Line has 3? I know Pikatastrophe and Stoked Sparksurfer, but what's the third?
>>
>>30290165
10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt which is exclusive to the Ash hat Pikachus
>>
>>30289746
That's hilarious as fuck considering B/W was made with Kanto fags and genwunners in mind. B/W was created from Game Freak's desire to recapture the charm of Generation 1.
>>
>tfw genwunnerbaby

I love how this game has so many Kantomons, and most of the Alolan mons actually look good too.

So glad I don't have to suffer through the fucking abortions of new designs most other gens introduced, like Garbodor and Vanilluxe.
>>
>>30278593
dunno where you at but it's pretty much dark here at 530pm.
>>
>>30290165
Ash pikachu gets 10 million volt thunderbolt

https://youtu.be/HJQsGKumOqY?t=844
>>
>>30290271
Only in standard time. Are you implying that when daylight saving time rolls back night will start at around 9.30 pm?
>>
All in all, I have plenty of complaints but almost all are minor and I had much more fun with SM than I did with XY and ORAS combined as far as my playthrough went. I have hope that the next game(s) of this generation can be good fun again.
>>
File: tyranitar_calls_in_a_sandstorm.jpg (108KB, 800x702px) Image search: [Google]
tyranitar_calls_in_a_sandstorm.jpg
108KB, 800x702px
>>30278385
>>30278635
>>30278638

What's everyone talking about? I just caught Lunala, and the only "Kanto Pandering" I've seen so far are the Alola forms.
>>
>>30290224
>considering B/W was made with Kanto fags and genwunners in mind.
You've never played BW have you.
>>
>>30281713
>understandable
Yeah right. You guys will probably bitch at the next games for not having a pre evo legendary
>>
File: 1480284175945.png (144KB, 1919x492px) Image search: [Google]
1480284175945.png
144KB, 1919x492px
>>
>>30291624
Your observation skills are severely lacking.
>>
>>30291725
and people are still praising Ohmori just because he tricked people into thinking he's done something new.
>>
>>30291624
There's a ton of kanto mons (Fearow? Really?) all over the place and relatively few alolan mons.

There's also the "Mini Johto" area, with its own "lake of rage"
>>
>>30291710
>not a single person here has an understandable point just because its negative
>the lazy "im sure you guys will hate other thing!" response
>>
>SOS battles existing outside of totem Pokemon, especially when you could use the Adrenaline thing to activate them when you actually need them
>forced tutorial again
>Anon found a Potion!; Anon put the Potion in the Medicine Pocket
>Male Salandits can't evolve into Salazzle
>Lack of TM variety in the first 2/3 of the game

It's all little stuff. SM is probably the best set of Pokemon games in a long time, somehow even surpassing BW.
>>
>>30291944
He's probably a sinnohfetus.
Ignore him.
>>
It's a perfect game fampai
>>
>>30291985
I don't get the third point
>>
>>30291725
Some of these are nitpicks. The tapu encounters, defending your title, and Stoutland aren't objective negatives.

A lot of the other points are valid but I still think they're good games. I'll admit it's painful to replay them though because of the shitty amount of handholding.
>>
>>30278812
Right? That threw me. The game is like, "Don't unleash the Ultra Beasts! They'll destroy everything!", then they get released and defeated, offscreen? Then it's like, "Oh yeah, now you just have to keep doing your island challenge like nothing happened!" The story otherwise was pretty alright, but that transition from Aether Paradise to Poni Island was jarring.
>>
>>30292156
>objective negatives

Is this what Pokemon fans really think? That because it isn't an objective negative it doesn't fucking matter or it's not significant enough to complain about? It's no wonder Game Freak makes millions every game off of you retards while simultaneously and unnecessarily taking out well-liked features.
>>
>>30292260
>That because it isn't an objective negative it doesn't fucking matter or it's not significant enough to complain about?
Yes?
Do you know how words work?

If something isn't a negative then you shouldn't complain about it.
>>
>>30292260
He's probably that anon that thinks video games are an art form that have no objective flaws.
>>
>>30292288
negative and objective negative are two different things, you supposed wordsmith
>>
>>30292156
Stoutland is only not a negative if you don't mind the ride music. I thought it was one of the most annoying songs in the game.
The title thing is certainly not a negative in itself, but up to release and before playing it myself I'd seen it touted as a feature often, so that made it quite disappointing.
The Tapus are part of the larger problem of how S&M handles legendaries, being that it doesn't. S&M probably has the laziest handling of legendaries since gen 1, arguably even worse since they're just random encounters. None of them aside from the mascot and first tapu have anything to their actual encounters.
>>
>>30292328
You're right, and if something is subjectively negative, as in, people don't dislike it, then it shouldn't be something to complain about.

Are you ESL?
>>
>>30292337
Hell, they even give you multiple UBs. Why? I don't fucking know. To throw at the GTS, I guess?
>>
>>30292371
If some people like something, the people who dislike it have no right to say so?
>>
>>30292288
Just because something isn't objectively negative doesn't mean it can't be seen as negative.

I shouldn't be surprised. /vp/ loves throwing around the word objective so much that they've probably forgotten what the word really fucking means.

>>30292288
>If something isn't a negative then you shouldn't complain about it.

No you mean "If I don't find this negative then you shouldn't complain about it." I think that's what you mean. This would make a lot more sense considering the site I'm on.

>>30292371
>You're right, and if something is subjectively negative, as in, people don't dislike it, then it shouldn't be something to complain about.

>Being this retarded.

I think you need to take a step back and realize what the actual fuck you are saying.
>>
>>30292400
No, they do, but just because someone doesn't like them doesn't mean that they're a bad thing.
>>
>>30278875
>Needs more music, only 1 theme for trainers battle and Pokémon encounter is not acceptable
How many of the games have multiple trainer and wild Pokémon encounter themes? I can only think of the Johto games having different music depending on whether you were in Kanto or Johto.

>Pokemon snap minigame was nowhere as good as the original game, only zoom upgrades until the last upgrade make it pretty annoying to get good pictures, also was only that zone with the cutieflie and oricorio the only one with more than 1 pokemon?
Every spot for the Poké Finder had multiple Pokémon you could find, but it chooses them randomly. I think it's normally 2-3 Pokémon per spot.

While I agree that there wasn't much use for the Mudsdale Pokeride, I still like that I'm able to ride around on my cool mud horse. If only it wasn't so much slower than Tauros.
>>
>>30291725
>People still don't realize that the Canyon acted as the actual Victoy Road
>>
>>30292480
>He didn't read the second half of the Victory Road line which was specifically directed at Poni Canyon healing you every few rooms
>>
>>30292473
>How many of the games have multiple trainer and wild Pokémon encounter themes?
Every other game? I know Unova, Johto and Sinnoh games do.

>>30292444
But it works in reverse too. If someone thinks something is bad, that doesnt suddenly not matter because other people disagree
>>
>>30281232
Sorry anon, found Dhelmise in the special fishing spot behind the Steelix boat first try without even knowing it was there, so that's not entirely true; everything else is correct, however
>>
>>30279053
I dunno, I could see someone thinking that the story in the later islands was more focused on Lillie/Gladion than your character. It doesn't really switch back to being about your character until you've wrapped up the stuff in Ultra Space and are going to the Pokémon League.
>>
>>30292610
You do realise being lucky doesn't negate his point right.
>>
All the gates when leaving towns/routes.
Frame rate during battles.
SOS can be a pain in the ass when trying to level lower level Pokemon.
Low encounter rate for Pokemon.
Battle Royal isn't really fun.
Ultra Beasts weren't as big of a threat as made out to be as expected.
No golfing minigame.
No going to the research plant.
No Lillie in post-game.

My biggest gripe with the game though was post game, I loved pretty much everything else.

We were given new lore which connects some dots from XY/ORAS which was good, but when the post game is nothing but "go to point A and catch B multiple times it became stale. I wish it was more along the lines of Delta Episode rather then the Looker cases from XY.

With all the post game lore we've been getting I hope we have a game that focuses solely on what we've learned.

Infinity Engery, Team E, UB's, the Fallers, AZ.

We have a lot of potential in the side stories, I want to see it expanded on.
>>
>>30292652
Pokemon fans are retards that seem to have a very hard time understanding probability and that just because something isn't likely to happen doesn't mean it can't.
>>
>>30292697
We still dont even know why Suicune is related to the Unown. Good luck on later games following up on lore
>>
>>30292763
It isn't they just had to spice up Crystal somehow.
>>
>>30292535
My point still stands, the guy thought Lanakila was supposed to be the Victory Road just because it was right before the league. SM just handled things a little differently, but the Victory Road was still there and it was Poni Canyon
>>
>>30278301
The game's an absolute slog until you beat the fire challenge and unlock Poke Pelago. After that, everything goes much smoother.
>>
>>30284432

Vikavolt did get fucking ultra jewed.

Golisopod didn't get jipped that hard in my opinion, it is fantastically bulky for a Bug type and has an awesome defensive typing. First Impression is a straight up legendary-tier signature move, and access to Sucker Punch/Aqua Jet off of high Attack stat really helps with the Speed.

Emergency Exit can actually be really useful in some scenarios, the idea being that you want to be switching in frequently for most First Impressions. However, Emergency Exit triggering the moment you're under half potentially wasting your turn is a major handicap when it occurs.

I'll give it to Gamefreak though that its cool to have an ability that can be both a huge boon and a handicap and can be worked around. At least it's more interesting than something blatantly too strong or just garbage/irrelevant.

Hopefully in the next gen Emergency Exit will only occur at the end of the turn. It should be a bit better than Wimp Out thematically, or maybe not if Golisopod is supposed to be just as much of a bitch as Wimpod is.
>>
>>30290267
There's literally nothing wrong with Garbodor.
>>
>>30292854
No, your point doesn't stand at all. It's Victory Road because it's leading up to the Elite 4; another area before it being a bigger challenge doesn't change that. And both of them were addressed in the same sentence, so making some stupid argument like "oh well it's not victory road the other thing is" is worthless.
>>
>>30278301
The whole story may have well been written by gnoggin
>>
>>30292902
It's design is garbage.
>>
>>30278385
>>30278635
>>30278638
>>30279072

It was the first Pokemon game. Of course there will always be tons of references to it.
>>
>>30278707
>>30278785
>>30278820

They added the humans to the fight. The presence of the PC and NPC seem to have increased the strain of FPS significantly for whatever reason.
>>
>>30292480
>>30292854
I mean, people dont say Route 26 and 27 is part of Johto's Victory Road, though it was meant to be. So it's not surprising people dont count Vast Poni Canyon.

Though it's not unfair either.
>>
>>30293138
Actually a lot of Johtoddlers do that.
They're often the same ones that consider Kanto part of the main game too.
>>
>>30292652
Of course I do, I'm not saying he doesn't bring up a valid point as 1% anything is atrocious (RIP Feebas sidequest), I'm just saying that there are alternatives (sometimes) and there are other things more worthy of complaining about
>>
>>30279744
>Sinnoh is god tier
>Sinnoh is even good
>Sinnoh is anything but complete shit.
>>
>>30292079
Obtaining items is still as annoying as ever due to being forced to wait for the jingle each time and each item obtain message being two lines that need to be confirmed.
This exacerbated by the game still only giving you one item at a time for everything in it except Null's type items; there's one trainer who gives you six nuggets after beating him, one at a time, each making you press through two screens and wait for the jingle and hand over animation.
>>
>>30290267
Heh, Garbodor and Valliuxe are in the Alolan dex. I think you can only catch the earlier forms wild, but there you go.
>>
Fuck the cheap Battle Royal AI.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.