[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally 0 Variety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 1477282201464.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1477282201464.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
>Interesting designs are unusable until late game or are severely statistically weak
>Fun Pokemon only show up around Level 40 when you already formed a team so you wouldn't get crippled at Island Trials
>Every route has the best Pokemon at a 5% encounter rate
>It's literally just Kanto Pokémon fucking everywhere, again

I spent an entire Summer staring at Kanto Pokémon on my phone, what made Gamefuck think I'd want ANOTHER game with them? I miss Black and White for this exact reason, they said fuck off to old 'mons and just shelved the game with new designs all over the wazoo and it was refreshing as fuck.

Alola's Pokédex is just a fuckery of Poison, Dark and Ghost types for no reason. The only new water type you actually have decent access to in the first 60% of the game is fucking Wishiwashi, only new Fire type worth piss is Salandit.

I don't want to use Growlithe, again. I don't want to use Gengar or Alakazam, again. I want new Pokemon, and there's hardly any new fucking Pokemon. And all the new Pokemon we actually have are on the Third island.

Why?
>>
>>30277877
>they said fuck off to old 'mons and just shelved the game with new designs all over the wazoo and it was refreshing as fuck
and 70% of them were fucking terrible. Quality over quanity
>>
>>30277932
>Quality over quanity

And Alola has neither.
>>
File: 1457818689289.jpg (36KB, 223x349px) Image search: [Google]
1457818689289.jpg
36KB, 223x349px
>>30277970
this
>>
>>30277932
>70 percent were terrible
This fucking meme again
>>
>>30277877
GOOD THING WE KEPT THE MEGA STONES FOR THE MAJORITY OF GEN 1 MONS INCLUDING THE STARTERS!!!!1!1
RED EVEN GIVES SOME OF THE STONES
XDDD
>>
>>30277877
>The only new water type you actually have decent access to in the first 60% of the game is fucking Wishiwashi
this triggered me so hard, I mean I like Wishiwashi but there was nothing else to choose, not even the starter since it was terrible
>>
>>30278047
You can also get Dewpider altough it's a bit rare. Wimpod is obtained on the second island before the Lurantis trial,

Mareanie can also be obtained as soon as you get access to Lapras, altough once again it's fucking rare

It's not really a matter of lacking new pokémon it's more that the new pokémon are, in many cases super duper rare
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (137KB, 1600x818px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
137KB, 1600x818px
>>30278047

>$2000 for what is Mareanie
>>
>>30277877
>The only new water type you actually have decent access to in the first 60% of the game is fucking Wishiwashi
So use Araquanid or Golisopod, retard. You get Dewpider even before you SEE a Wishiwashi.
>>
>>30278130
>what is Mareanie
an ugly piece of shit
>>
>>30278130
>S.O.S only
>easy access

I didn't even know this Pokemon existed until I reached endgame

also a slow defensive water type that is weak to ground is literally fucking useless in the story mode
>>
>>30278138
>ugly piece of shit
>magikarp 2.0 except its evolution is dogshit too

why would I use water bug anyway what an awful typing
>>
>>30277877
dewpider is before wishiwashi
>>
>Everything in this game is weak to ground because of retarded typings
>Pick up Mudbray early
>Shitstomp the entire game with one mon

fucking shameful
>>
>>30278169
>Golisopod
>shit
Its not the bug's fault that you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>30278130
More like where is mareanie lmao
>>
>>30278211
>Emergency Exit

Retards will defend this
>>
>>30278169
Come back when you're 18.
>>
>>30278220
Free switch built in on a pokemon with good defenses that uses almost only priority moves.
You just don't know how to use it.
>>
File: goliospod.jpg (7KB, 236x182px) Image search: [Google]
goliospod.jpg
7KB, 236x182px
>>30278250
>"it's a tool"

yeah sure
>>
This is the biggest problem with Pokemon.

Most pokemon are completely unviable, utter trash. If you want a good team, you're limited to a very narrow selection, despite the huge roster.
>>
>>30278275
>ingame
>anything unviable outside Magikarp, Cosmog/em, Ledian, etc
No.
>>
>>30278013
*defends monkeys*

>>30277970
you're thinking of XY
>>
why did they hide all the new pokemon away

for what fucking purpose is stufful a 5% encounter rate
>>
>>30278275
There's nothing I want more in Pokemon than for all the old, forgotten Pokemon to be reworked so all final evolutions have at least usable stats.
>>
>>30277877
Sounds more like you couldn't enjoy the ride without having an overpowered team comprised of your favourite typings.
I will admit I wasn't too excited about seeing all these Kanto fuckers for the hundreths time but the variety from all gens combined was pretty great overall.

As somebody who just took in whatever I could find, I had no problems making a tream entirely made of new pokemon from the very beginning, switching them out multible times for other new pokemon, till I had my non legendary dream team of NEW pokemon by the volcano on the second island.

Though I will say, whoever pitched the idea for Charjabug's evolve condition deserves to be shot.
>>
File: d4457.jpg (2MB, 3364x3364px) Image search: [Google]
d4457.jpg
2MB, 3364x3364px
>>30278275
You're absolutely right. I was fucking crushed when I realized my new favorite mon Kommo-o was UU at best because it has a trash fighting movepool along with a bunch of other problems.

THANKS FOR NOTHING GAMEFREAK YOU FAGGOTS
>>
>>30277877
>at Elite Four
>five pokemon on my team are new Gen 7 mons
>didn't even try to catch any of these in particular

try harder
>>
>>30278389
Oh yeah, now that's a really valid complaint

I don't understand the reasoning behind Charjabug and Crawbrawler evolving so late. Especially because while they're good gor early game they completely lag behind on late game
>>
>>30278274
>mommy i can't press muh button with this thing!!! how do i use it??
>i don't care son. i'm just waiting for you to die. just give up on life
>>
File: 1479587331511.jpg (751KB, 851x595px) Image search: [Google]
1479587331511.jpg
751KB, 851x595px
>>30278401
>singles
>>
>>30277877
You just sound like a spoiled children.
>>
>>30278630
>a spoiled children
learn how to spell before talking shit to others
>>
>>30277877
I feel the same way
>>
>>30277877
I think of it as a metaphor on the genwun heritage being overbearing. Some species like Rattata are outright described as invasive species and the new pokemon that once were prominent became exceedingly rare in some spots, all in favor of the species imported or migrated from Kanto who comfortably made themselves home in Alola.
>>
>>30277877

>>Every route has the best Pokemon at a 5% encounter rate

"WAAAH WHY ISN'T ALL THE GOOD SHIT EASY TO GET!!"

>I miss Black and White for this exact reason, they said fuck off to old 'mons and just shelved the game with new designs all over the wazoo and it was refreshing as fuck.

>>30278677
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.