[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PKHeX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

File: pnxpE5g.png (63KB, 620x391px) Image search: [Google]
pnxpE5g.png
63KB, 620x391px
What are you guys' thoughts on PkHeX in the VGC community? Personally I dont mind it but thats only because I use it. lmaoo
>>
>>30275859
if anybody plays VGC with a single non-hacked mon, I would imagine they should be disqualified for trying too hard. hacked mons are the only way to go for VGC.
>>
>Spoon feed me: the program

You autists can yell at me all you like, you know I'm right.
>>
I find it to be more and more pointless with each generation. GF is well aware of the series' hacking community, but can't be arsed to do anything about other than making ways to get good IV'd 'mons more easier.

I also take issue with the judges at tournaments, but that's more a judgement of character than PKHeX itself.
>>
>>30275954
>other than making ways to get good IV'd 'mons more easier
The problem with this, is that the hacking community will never be satisfied by any quality of life changes Game Freak makes. Breeding takes too long, Bottle Caps require item farming, good Natures require a Synchronise mon, shinies are too rare and chaining/Shiny Charm aren't fast enough...

Until GF hands you your already-hatched eggs on a silver platter, the official methods will always be derided as Bike Simulator (Current Year).

I don't give a shit if someone trades me a hacked mon since they're indistinguishable from any other Pokemon, but at a certain point I have to wonder if cheaters even want to play these games at all.
>>
>>30276058
OP here. personally i love the series but school and work and shit have gotten in the way. I havnt even completed the game and I got it on the AU midnight release. I love competitive more than the game at this point. I dont have the time to breed like i did in vgc14 and vgc15 :(
>>
>>30276058
The game in this context is the actual fucking battles?
>>
>>30276058
>but at a certain point I have to wonder if cheaters even want to play these games at all.

They only want to play the part of it that requires less tedious work (battling) and that's why they cheat, the fact that TPCi-sanctioned tournaments (both the TCG and the VGC) swapped out the difficult-to-convert scholarships to cash prizes makes the incentive to do so all the more troubling.

>>30276158

Pretty much, most PKHeX users don't care about doing all the hard work.
>>
>>30276058
>2 weeks time for Europeans to get their teams ready and game finished for International championships
I'm not sure if I can make it even with 6iv ditto since this shit is time consuming as fuck and if I can't, I will hack that's for fucking sure
>>
>>30276158
But if all they care about are the battles, why even buy the games? Why not just stick to simulators?
>>
>>30276195
I bet they are using this international as bait.
>>
>>30276212

See my comment about VGC prizes in >>30276186.
>>
>>30276212
You cant take pokemon showdown to melbourne for nationals.
>>
>>30276212
You would know the answer to that question if you actually played VGC.
And I do like playing the actual storyline part of the game, too.
>>
File: 1472177699963.jpg (37KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1472177699963.jpg
37KB, 600x338px
>>30275859
Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

GF/TPC needs to take the RNG bullshit out of competitive breeding. Easiest way to do that is normalize all IVs to 31 any time you enter a competitive battle, just like it does with level and stats.

>>30276058
>but at a certain point I have to wonder if cheaters even want to play these games at all.
I do want to play, that's why I use PKHeX. Riding around on a bike, hatching over a thousand different eggs, flying back and forth to get a vague description of my mon's stats, and praying that I land on that magic 1/32 every fucking time is not "playing pokemon".
>>
>>30276212
It's none of your business if they want to battle using the carts they bought.
>>
File: 1472080263218.png (157KB, 502x714px) Image search: [Google]
1472080263218.png
157KB, 502x714px
>>30276212
Simulators are full of the same faggots who impose imaginary rulesets because they can't cope with getting outplayed. :^)
>>
>>30276254
>And I do like playing the actual storyline part of the game, too.

If you hack your way into a perfect snowflake team no you don't
>>
>>30275859
IVs are stupid and should either be done away with or be made easily manipulable in post game. Make them a proper RPG character statistic or dump the fucking concept.

Also make EVs less obtuse.

Pokemon capturing, breeding, raising, trading, and battling are all core to the experience. GF needs to shit or get off the pot here and accept that their fans have formed a meta that they are failing to keep up with the demands of and make the system as simple and intuitive as the others.

So long as they drag their feet on this, hackmons are completely justified.
>>
>>30276260
>GF/TPC needs to take the RNG bullshit out of competitive breeding. Easiest way to do that is normalize all IVs to 31 any time you enter a competitive battle, just like it does with level and stats.

That or have Nintendo litigate the shit out of PKHeX's developers, one has to wonder if the program itself and the tools used to put those files into the game violate the CFAA.

>>30276260
>Riding around on a bike, hatching over a thousand different eggs, flying back and forth to get a vague description of my mon's stats, and praying that I land on that magic 1/32 every fucking time is not "playing pokemon".

It is, however, playing it in the way the developers intended.
>>
>>30276297
>implying I hack a team when playing the story
>>
>>30276260
>I do want to play, that's why I use PKHeX. Riding around on a bike, hatching over a thousand different eggs, flying back and forth to get a vague description of my mon's stats, and praying that I land on that magic 1/32 every fucking time is not "playing pokemon".
This is what I mean.
What would Game Freak have to do for the official methods of getting good Pokemon to be worthwhile to you? Does breeding/hatching have to be instantaneous or would you be happy with something potentially as time-consuming as Bike Simulator, but more fun? For example some kind of minigame?

Where would you draw the line?
>>
>>30276297
>implying that every genner uses a perfect 31IV the minute they hit Route 1

I'm using my shitty 2 ATK Lycanroc and liking it. IV's don't fucking matter in the storyline you inept retard. They're minute stat differences
>>
>>30276319
Just remove IVs (or fuck just remove the level 100 requirement on hyper training)
>>
>>30276233
Not with that attitude
>>
>>30276307
>CFAA
>>30276307
>one has to wonder if the program itself and the tools used to put those files into the game violate the CFAA

You're using a program that modifies a save that is created by a program that is used by...

...well, someone who has run a permanent arm9kernel exploit, or overloaded the system to load homebrew.

Suing PKhex would be like suing GameShark, or Action Replay. Which will never happen.
>>
>>30276319
>What would Game Freak have to do for the official methods of getting good Pokemon to be worthwhile to you?
Give me the best pokemon avaliable every time i push a button. But just to me, everyone else get duds.

Then it will be good, not perfect, but good.

>>30276316
>>30276328
>implying you hacking dumb fucks still remember how to play the game

the second you have to walk through a cave you think OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT TOO MUCH WORK WHAT GAME FREAK IS DOING and use a cheat to teleport to the end of the E4 anyway
>>
>>30276359 (You)
>>
>>30276290
just play AG

oh wait, you won't because you get butthurt over people using legendaries and evasion :^)))
>>
>>30275859
Don't ask, don't tell.
>>
So non hackers, how long on average does it actually take you to assemble a team?
>>
>>30276328
>beat the game
>boot up pkhex
>take a look at incineroar IVs
>2, 5, 3, 4, 6, 28
>didn't really have any trouble except maybe totem wishywashy
can confirm that IVs don't matter in story mode

but everyone with more brain cells than teeth already knew that
>>
>>30275859
I understand why people do it, people have full time jobs and social lives and simply don't have time to dedicate a large portion of time to breeding.
But I simply can't shake the fact that if this level of etiquette and disregard for the rules applied to literally any other sport, or even e-sport, think of how fucking huge the consequences are. Just look at athletes who have been caught cheating with drug tests, their careers are essentially over.

So it's for that reason alone I disagree with it, simply for the lax attitude that the judges/commentators have around it.

Either slam the fuck out of people caught injecting, or make breeding way less tedious.
>>
File: no.jpg (18KB, 462x354px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
18KB, 462x354px
>>30276260
>they need to fuck over pokemon that need 0 speed/attack and specific IVs for hidden power

the hyper training is a good step in the right direction, and one that i welcome. sure grinding to 100 is a pain but that has it's own charm in a way, getting your super team to the height of their power. takes fucking forever though

a more accessible way to manipulate IVs is the best thing they could do, alongside a way to change natures. then we can leave breeding for egg moves and making multiples of a mon for trading
>>
File: (You).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>30276359
>the second you have to walk through a cave you think OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT TOO MUCH WORK WHAT GAME FREAK IS DOING and use a cheat to teleport to the end of the E4 anyway

t. verlisify
>>
>>30276397
12 hours
>>
>>30276407
>people caught injecting
The thing is is that that straight up doesn't happen.
Even in the case of dream ball aegislash you can't prove that he wasn't just a retard and bred from a hacked parent from a trade.
>>
>>30276417
Who says they can't normalize it the same way Hyper Training does?
>>
>>30275859
As long they're legal I don't care, but if you fucking like Ray Rizzo you deserve to be disqualified.

Also stop typing like a twitter nigger.
>>
>>30276319
>Ideal: Remove IVs
IVs really don't have that big of an impact in the main game, and since everyone has 31IVs in competition, they really don't matter.

>Less Ideal: Normalize IVs in Battles
Functionally the same as the above, but making IVs even more useless and begging the question as to why they still exist.

They should honestly just have a straightforward item or way to adjust your Pokemon's hidden power now.

>Does breeding/hatching have to be instantaneous or would you be happy with something potentially as time-consuming as Bike Simulator, but more fun?
Breeding/hatching should only be needed for a few generations, to breed the correct nature and the correct egg moves onto a pokemon. That's it.

If breeding mechanics were actually in-depth and interesting (see: Dragon Quest Monsters) then there might be a reason to enhance it. As it stands, it's just a time-gate mechanic.
>>
>>30276417
>way to change natures

No, stop being retarded
If you can't be arsed to at least hunt a pokemon for a few extra minutes to get a good nature you don't deserve nothing good

Just because you're lazy don't ruin the joy of hunting for those who like it
>>
>>30276407
>Either slam the fuck out of people caught injecting.

That's one of the reasons why I distrust the judges TPCi uses for the VGC, they'll let an acquaintance with blatant hacks *cough*DreamBallAegislash*cough* go on through whilst disqualifying a random guy they're not associated with for having the same hacked 'mon on their team.
>>
>>30276447
sorry ill stop typing like a twitter nigger
>>
>>30276443
then that only solves the issue with hidden power, you still have the problem of ruining the min atk/speed by doing it that way

>>30276466
i never claimed it was hard or tedious, just preferred

and "a few extra minutes" is a terrible estimate, we're not exactly hunting for something that's guaranteed to appear. even if you want to prepare for getting guaranteed natures you want that's a lot of synchro mons you gotta get, and they're not exactly the easiest to catch (lolteleport)
>>
>>30276491
it's almost like competitive pokemon is nothing but manchilds lol
>>
>>30276491
Do you have any idea how corrupt most real sports are?
>>
>>30276128
Likewise. The fact that you just can't use mons from previous gens, meaning players have to re-breed everything they probably already have again is tedious as all hell.
>>
>>30276509
yeah. sweaty manchilds. bring me back to seniors pls tpci
>>
>>30276466
Let's be honest, Synchronize needs to have a higher success rate. 66.6% or something.
>>
>>30276407
>comparing real life things that make news to a video game
>>
>>30276519
I think it's more to stop obscure move bullshit, like that one Chansey/Blissey from that one obscure Japanese event that was only (legitimately) obtained by a few hundred people.
>>
>>30276519

That's largely to prevent people from using broken combos, it's similar to the yearly rotations in the TCG's Standard format.
>>
>>30276549
Is there still no proof that wish chansey is a real event?
>>
>>30276491
Oh look it's verlisify. Did PLHeX make you loose your girlfriend too?
>>
>>30276465
What about having held items that change Hidden Power's type, like Arceus' Plates or Silvally / Null's items?
>>
>>30276545
He also mentioned e-sports, to be fair.
>>
>>30276587
It was a real event. Just an in-person event, in one specific location, with physical-only redemption.

So it's not that it's proofless, it's just next to impossible to prove that the one you theoretically have is legitimate.
>>
>>30276599
They should just get rid of Hidden Power.
>>
>>30276491
Verlisify made a video about this! My man. Always on the side of justice!
>>
>>30276549
True, I understand why they need to do it, but the fact is that by making the method as tedious and time consuming as they have ultimately pushes more people to at least hack to some extend. Thus the system needs a significant overhaul to try and entice people to get Pokémon the proper way, but the chances of that happening are slim
>>
>>30276589
>Oh look it's verlisify. Did PLHeX make you loose your girlfriend too?

I hate that furry faggot (and his inability to understand the VGC format) as much as the rest /vp/, but even I found the whole Dream Ball Aegislash issue to make TPCi a bit questionable.

And the Dream Ball Aegislash issue happened when I was more into the TCG scene than the VGCs.
>>
>>30276628
>Get rid of Hidden Power and IV's
That...would actually be something I'd like to see.

An archaic and somewhat useless / annoying mechanic is gone and some Pokémon and the power creep that HP gives is gone as well, thus lowering the overall power of Pokémon reliant on it and put them on a bit more even footing.
>>
>>30276647
Dream Ball Aegislash happened before any real enforcement was being made.

It's like having Chinese """proxies""" in your TCG deck. Most people didn't know what to look for until people started going apeshit with them.
>>
>>30276647
Id only just gotten into the VGC scene at that point with a few friends, and the fact that barely anything happened regarding Dream Ball Aegislash raised a few red flags with us. The remanining red flags came after one of my friends made top 32 at Melbourne '14 which caused us to more or less drop VGC outside our friend group and online.
>>
>>30276749
>The remanining red flags came after one of my friends made top 32 at Melbourne '14 which caused us to more or less drop VGC outside our friend group and online.
Huh?
>>
>>30276757
On mobile, but basically my friend who made top 32 beat one of Australia's leading VGC players at the time with a Charizard that had Steel Wing, and the general attitude of Sydney / Melbourne players is that if you beat a high-ranked player and you yourself are a new player to the competitive scene, you will be despised, hated and harrassed. Ie elitist's being elitists, and we weren't particularly fond of that kind of attitude.
>>
>>30276749
mind explaining what horrible events happened, anon?
>>
Pokemon will never become a true (((e-sport))) like TPCi wants it to be. It's a shitty system made worse by shitty support.

I have no qualms using hacked mons in local events or online. There's no fucking point to waste hours playing bike simulator when the incompetent fucks are too stupid to not only realize that my mons are hacked, but that I hacked them on a game I pirated straight from Nintendo's content server.

The whole setup is a joke and for anyone to take it seriously has some significant autistic manchild tendencies.
>>
>>30276810
Welcome to every competitive nerd hobby.

This mentality is staunchly present in Magic: the Gathering, which is arguably the most widely supported competitive nerd game.

It's called dreamcrushing and it's fucking amazing to do to faggots who take games way too seriously.
>>
>>30276810

That's one of the reasons why I prefer the TCG, there's less elitism there and anybody that act like that is usually the butt of many jokes. Just have a good look at Gino Lombardi and where he is now.
>>
>>30276823
Dreamcrushing was something a uni friend and I revelled in at Melbourne Nationals '15. If he hadn't of convinced me into going I would never have prevented 2 consistent Australian Top 16's from making Top 16 last year.

But elitism does suck ass regardless of what game / hobby / sport it's conducted in. Interestingly I've never suffered it from MtG, but maybe that's because I exclusively play Commander.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.