[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank the Tapus best to worst for competitive as well as for design.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 7

Rank the Tapus best to worst for competitive as well as for design.
>>
File: TapuBest.gif (1MB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
TapuBest.gif
1MB, 500x322px
>>
Lel, Bulu, Fini, Kek
>>
>>30275466
Design wise I prefer Lele. Not sure about competitive but Fini seems to have the best type.
>>
>>30275466
Fini is the worst apparently.
>>
I dont like any of them. They all lack personality and that fucking bull? Ugly designs. Lame story as well.
>>
Comp:
Lele > Koko > Bulu >>>>>>>> Fini

Design:
Koko > Lele > Fini > Bulu
>>
File: LELE.png (307KB, 997x739px) Image search: [Google]
LELE.png
307KB, 997x739px
LELE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
>>
>>30275570
>1050 ELO
>>
>>30275547
>>30275570
What makes Fini worst?
>>
>>30275657
The terrain actually hurts him.
Telepathy Fini when?
>>
>>30275657
Misty Terrain is the shittiest
>>
>>30275657
Too stiff
>>
>>30275681
Would this change in doubles?
>>
>>30275657
Misty terrain has no damage boost like the others, meaning Fini is a lot more defensive, especially with sub 100 bases in both attack stats. And since it can't apply status to anything on the ground because of misty terrain, you start to question how it's going to deal with anything.
>>
>>30275649
who are you quoting?
>>30275657
ability doesn't synergize well with its movepool (misty prevents burns with scald, and misty doesn't give a +50% boost to fairy type moves unlike the other terrains, it only halves dragon damage which is irrelevant)
>>
they're all great for doubles but Fini will see the least usage

for singles: Bulu/Lele > Koko/Fini

they're all probably going to be OU except for Fini
>>
>>30275657
>>30275694
I will say that I can see Fini doing something in doubles, it can be used as a switch in to prevent Thundurus from paralyzing, reduce dragon damage to it's ally, and maybe even to use heal pulse.

But it's terrible in singles, despite being the only Tapu to beat Marowak.
>>
>>30275689
No

The only reason you would run Fini is to be slower than Lele so she doesn't get her terrain set up, but at that point you might as well run Bulu anyway.

Bulky water types like Milotic (Intimidate spam) are better picks anyway.
>>
File: 1479694724098.png (325KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479694724098.png
325KB, 1024x1024px
>>30275466
competitive:
Koko = Bulu = Lele > Fini

design:
Koko > Fini > Bulu > Lele
>>
>>30275705
>he thinks meme arrows are for quotes only
>he thinks Koko is better in
competitive than Bulu
O I am laffin
>>
>>30275657
No recovery.
Then again, it would be ridiculously annoying to face if it had recovery.
>>
>tfw Assault Vest Fini with Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/Surf/Moonblast

it performs better than expected
>>
>>30275752
you couldn't make yourself look any more new than if you tried
>>
>>30275466
Honestly I love all of them design-wise.
>>
>>30275765
I look new, atleast I'm not a smogon bottom feeder
>>
>>30275466
lel is broken
bull is ridiculous but also grass type
fini cant spam le free choice boost or scald so people think its bad despite being a bulky water with taunt access who is immune to status
kek has a bad stat spread for what it needs to do and shitty coverage options along with the worst terrain bonus
>>
>>30275789
evidently you are or you wouldn't object to my post
>>
>>30275758
No recovery isn't a big deal. Think of Fini as a reverse Heatran:

>polar opposite typings
>one spreads status, the other prevents it
>one has SR, the other has Defog
>both have Taunt
>both have similar bulk
>both rely on Leftovers and Protect for recovery

I'd say Fini is just as good as Heatran, which is to say it's somewhere around A-rank.

Been said that Fini is probably the weakest Tapu but you're comparing two S-tier mons (Koko, Lele) and an A+ (Bulu) with an A.
>>
>>30275742
Milotic has a fucking garbage movepool compared to Fini, it doesn't even get icy wind now.
>>
>>30275714
Fini will probably be OU, people underestimate how useful it's terrain is and it has a really good defensive typing + stat spread along with Taunt and Defog access.

It doesn't rampage through teams like Lele and Bull do but it's got plenty of uses. Being able to set up on shit like Thundurus without fearing TWave is great.

Also probably the only Tapu that can reliably switch in on Marowak.
>>
>>30275800
I found fini to be pretty useful with taunt and defog. Status prevention is nice even if it hurts scald. It just needs a recovery move really.
A damage boost with misty terrain would be nice too but I can see a 50% water boost being incredibly broken seeing as it would stack with rain
>>
>>30275860
Water + Ice has never been garbage, especially not at +2 SpA. It beats fucks with Intimidate and Snarl faggots, which is what's important.
>>
>>30275466
In VGC the tapus are all generally good for their own purpose, you can't really compare them.
>>
>>30275825
Nice projection, and now apply the same logic to you
>"I think maymay arrows are for quoting only but since he pressed enter on his phone during his post and it looked off he's the newfag"
Topu Keko
>>
>>30275694
95 base special attack isn't that bad when you have two powerful STABs (Hydro Pump and Moonblast), massive bulk, CM and Taunt.

Fini also forces a lot of switches, that can be punished with Nature's Madness.

She's also one of the best defoggers, though Toxic Spikes affecting her before Misty Terrain activates kid of sucks.
>>
>>30275881
Why isn't Aqua Ring counted for recovery?
>>
>>30275800
Haven't been paying attention to competitive yet. Lele's my favorite just because I'm a bugfag and she's a cute butterfly. You're telling me she's not just for looks?
>>
>>30275938
It's Psychics hit as hard as Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice IIRC
>>
>>30275681
Misty Terrain is to the other three what Hail was to the other three weathers in Gen 5: anti-meta.

The difference here is that while Abomasnow sucks, Fini is actually good (good type, great bulk, great STABs, good movepool).
>>
>>30275937
Because it's too weak.
>>
>>30275924
The Tapus should get Wish, it would suit them thematically too.
>>
>Design
Fini>Koko>Bulu>Lele
>VGC
Lele>Bulu>Koko>Fini
>Smogon Singles
Lele>Fini>Koko>Bulu
>>
>>30275938
Lele and Bulu are the current biggest threats in the meta alongside Pheromosa. One has a Psychic that hits harder then Mewtwo, the other is a cargo ship speeding through a port and no signs of stopping (thiat hard this thing hits with Wood Hammer, not even Skarmory or Genesect are a guaranteed switch)
>>
>>30275905
You're hilariously oblivious, aren't you? "who are you quoting" is an ancient /jp/ response to newfags who think you have to format your posts like those ebin screencaps you saw on /r/4chan to fit in. Using "kek" or "o i am laffin" are things only newfigs do as well.

stop being cancer and lurk more
>>
>>30275937
not enough recovery to be worth a moveslot; aqua ring generally isn't considered a viable move
>>
In their tiki mask form Koko is a bird, Bulu is a bull, Fini is a marlin but what is Lele supposed to be?
>>
>>30275953
It what?! I knew psychic terrain buffs psychic attacks, but jesus that's scary. I can see why people are running Bulu to stop her from setting up her terrain.
>>
>>30275938
Decent speed, massive special attack and 50%boost to psychic attacks under psychic terrain so it hits like a truck. Psychic fairy is a great typing as well since fairy negates two of psychics weakness and psychic will makes poison types think twice about switching in. It terrain prevents priority too so scizor can't hit it with bullet punch
>>
>>30275937
because its not very good
if it worked like screens instead of requiring bp people would probably run it more often than never but as of now losing a turn for a lefties supplement that you cant switch between targets without burning another turn on a pass pretty much sucks

>>30275938
giving psychic terrain both the best bonus by a huge margin AND a weather bonus for psychics was a really stupid idea on gamefreaks part
it hits like a nuke and invalidates pretty much every check to fast sweepers simultaneously
>>
>>30276000
Butterfly.
>>
>>30275896
Note what I said
>compared to fini
Milotic can pretty much only run one set
>scald/hydro pump
>ice beam
>recover
>protect

Fini gets...
>water + ice, like every water type
>moonblast
>calm mind
>shadow ball
>grass knot
>taunt
>swagger + misty terrain
>probably other shit I'm forgetting
Recover and Competitive are reasons to use Milotic over Fini, but Milotic certainly doesn't outclass Fini
>>
>>30275990
Eh Bulu can get checked at least; ZardX can take anything it does that isn't Stone Edge and Skarm needs to be worn down first

Pretty much nothing stops Lele, even most Steel types take shitloads from her Psychics, Aegislash kind of can but once Aegislash inevitably gets banned again Lele's going to go on a fucking rampage
>>
>>30275760
I was thinking of running an assault vest on Fini, and I'm glad to hear it performs well.
>>
>>30275466
For both competitive and design:
Kek
Lel
Bulu
Fini
>>
Modest or Timid for Lele?
>>
>>30277280
Timid. With Choice Specs, its going to be one shoting lots of things anyway.
>>
>>30277796
Further more reason to run Bulletproof Komo-o. It's funny, the one thing that will obliterate Komo-o has to switch out because its locked in an anticipated Shadow Ball and giving you a free opportunity to use D-Dance/Autotomize. It's still very risky, but it's so good when you pull it off.
>>
>OU
Koko > Lele > Fini > Bulu

>VGC
Koko > Lele = Bulu > Fini
>>
>>30275466
Only Koko is good

Toilet-chan is the worst
>>
>>30275466
design:
koko > fini > bulu >> lele

competitive
bulu > lele > koko > fini
>>
>>30279568
actually bulu hits the hardest
koko is a physical attacker stat wise with no good physical stabs
>>
having fun with wood hammer spam with choice band max att bulu
>>
>>30275849
>A-Rank
>S-Rank
Are there rankings for pokemon now
>>
>>30275849
why the fuck do people praise koko so much? it's a physical attacker with no good physical stabs. is electric terrain that good?
>>
>>30275466
i have shit taste so not leaving my design rate
competitive
lele > bulu > koko > fini
lele is a fantastic wallbreaker, can nullify priority, is a fairy type NOT beaten by scizor, and has fantastic coverage moves. bulu is just an all around solid wallbreaker but doesn't really do much else. koko is relegated mainly to pivot roles because its initial special attack isn't winning it any awards, and fini is just there. It has access to defog and status denial, but it really isn't up to stuff with the other tapus. a good mon in its own right, just not AS good. would be better with recovery.
>>
>>30275466
Those things are all fucking hideous. Seriously who would want to use those over something cool like Moltres or Zapdos?
>>
>>30282231
moltres looks like shit
>>
>>30282251
and if you remove the flames, it's basically a rubber chicken.
>>
>>30281966
The first one to be revealed. Also its Thunderbolt/Thunder in rain teams hits like a meteor.
>>
>>30282289
It'd still be cooler than these retarded shits. I don't even understand how they failed so hard.
>>
You guys think Fini can pull off a Crocune set?

252 def/252 HP
Bold Nature
Calm Mind
Scald/Moonblast
Rest
Sleep Talk

It may not have pressure like Suicune, but it's just as bulky and has a great defensive typing to sponge a lot of attacks. Granted, we'll have to wait until most of the broken shit gets banned because it won't be easy setting up with it, but it could be a good set in the future.

Or does Misty Terrain prevent itself from going to sleep?
>>
>>30282291
so what? +1 raikou hits just as hard
>>
>>30282310
they're little pixie thingies. with wooden shells. i think they're ok desu
>>
>>30282332
It does which is completely stupid. They should've changed it so that Misty Terrain does let you go to sleep, but you wake up immediately. Better just wait until Telepathy Fini becomes available.
>>
>>30282332
It's got 30 less hp. A lot of the defensive calcs suicune gets it's going to fall short in. Gonna call now that it's probably not the most effective way to use it.
>>
>>30277280
>>30277796
Actually modest specs isn't a bad idea if you want it to be a wallbreaker and force switches.
>>
>>30282332
Rest is not in its move pool, I already checked and thought about such a set. It has similar stats but no recovery.
>>
>>30282349
>Raikou has to set up one turn to do just as much damage
>Koko just needs to click one move repeatedly
>it can also run Specs
>it's part Fairy
Nah I'll just go with the Tiki fighter.
>>
>>30275466
Koko > lele = bulu > fini

Nothing survives choiced lele and bulu stab
>>
>>30282859
>it's part fairy
doesn't even learn any decent fairy move apart from a super fang clone
can't use resttalk sets, doesn't have recovery at all
brave bird doesn't really cover anything

raikou at least has shadow ball and extrasensory
>>
>>30281966
Great utility. It can hit hard with thunder/bolt and has the universally useful muhmentum in volt switch. Fairy is also always nice to have, especially since in Koko's case, it only adds one weakness compared to multiple resists.
>>
>>30282912
It has Roost you fool.
>>
>design
Fini > Koko > Bulu > Lele

>competitive
Koko = Lele > Bulu >> Fini
>>
File: 1480185102312.png (74KB, 341x432px)
1480185102312.png
74KB, 341x432px
>>30282231
>Seriously who would want to use those over something cool like Moltres or Zapdos?
But those aren't cool at all. They're just birds with an element forced on them. The Tapus in comparison have allot more effort put into their designs.
>>
>>30282419
Wait, if you wake up immediately, would rest just restore your HP and wake you up like a chesto berry?
>>
>>30275466
>Design
1. Lele
2. Fini
3. Koko = Bulu, I can't decide which one is worse.
>>
>>30282419
Oh wait, hypothetical. My bad.
>>
>>30283478
I'm okay with this list. I ALMOST like Koko, but I hate roosters, but not as much as I dislike Bulu's design.
>>
>>30275993
>only newfags use 'o i am laffin'
o

i

a
m

l
a
f
f
i
n
>>
>>30281348
Every tier has viability rankings
>>
>>30282837

Bloody hell, you're right.

What the fuck.
>>
>>30275466
Designs

Bulu > Lele > Fini > Cuckold

Competitively

Lele > Bulu > Cuckold >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fini
>>
File: a ha ha ha ha ha.gif (21KB, 150x160px) Image search: [Google]
a ha ha ha ha ha.gif
21KB, 150x160px
>>30275765
>>
>>30275518
Fini is cute! CUTE!
>>
Koko = Bulu > Fini > shit > Lele
>>
>>30275733
and you can use swagger on your teammate :^)
>>
>>30275733
Fini will have a niche in offensive singles too. Denying Prankster TWave is actually a really big thing for most sweepers
>>
>>30275867
why would thundurus bother with thunder wave when it can just floor you with thunderbolt
>>
>>30290367
You don't put it out against Thundurus

You set up terrain beforehand and then let your sweeper set up unhindered
>>
>>30275466
Comp wise
Koko > Lele > Bulu >>> Fini (fini isn't shit though)
Design wise
Lele > Koko > Fini >>> Bulu (bulu isn't shit though)
>>
Would Koko be better with wild charge?
>>
Fini > Koko > Lele > Bulu
>>
>>30290696
Wild Charge and Play Rough would help it a ton
>>
>>30290696
>>30290789
it has wild charge, wild charge is a shit move
>>
I didn't want to lose to the plot battle because plot so my Koko has a shit nature, but oh well.
>>
File: 1479106466043.jpg (172KB, 861x889px) Image search: [Google]
1479106466043.jpg
172KB, 861x889px
>>30275466
Depends on the format.
6v6 Singles would be.
Lele > Fini = Bulu > Koko

4v4 Doubles would be.
Koko > or = Fini = Lele > Bulu

Design wise it's.
Lele > > > > > Everybody else.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.